PDA

View Full Version : Little frustrated... help with installation :(

SecretAether
Jan 26, 2014, 06:37 PM
:( I spent 5 days trying to make PSO2 work and barely got any help, So i let tech support know but I didn't get much help either then I came here so please anyone help me. Here's my situation; When I start up PSO2 and get to the server selection part it loads forever, I waited 50mins for it to finish but it never finishes That's my 1st problem. I download PSO2 tweaker to see if it could help, but when I run PSO2 tweaker it says not responding. Why is this?! please I need help.:-?:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(: (:(:(:(:(:(:(

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2014, 06:57 PM
Might be your firewall.
Try disabling any firewall software and also in your router if you have one.

Try checking all of the files to make sure they're all downloaded correctly.
Also try scandisking your HDD if you feel it may be faulty.

SecretAether
Jan 26, 2014, 07:12 PM
I've got to play once but the next day this happened. Are you sure it's my firewall? if so how do I turn it off?

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2014, 07:24 PM
I'm not sure what it might be if you got it to play once.
It might be an ISP problem. I've been getting random lag to Japanese sites lately, for example.

There's Windows Firewall, and then there are firewalls that might come with your anti-virus software. I can't really help with the latter as I don't know what you have installed.
For Windows Firewall you just go to control panel, look for Windows Firewall, and then click "Turn Windows Firewall on or off" on the left and turn it off there.

Important:
Only turn firewalls off to test if they're the problem.
You don't want to turn the firewall off all the time because it leaves your PC vulnerable.
Don't forget to turn them back on after.

SecretAether
Jan 26, 2014, 07:35 PM
What do you mean ISP problem? and do you think you know why my PSO2 tweaker ism't working?

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2014, 07:39 PM
Your internet service provider may be having issues that result in your internet not functioning correctly.

SecretAether
Jan 26, 2014, 07:53 PM
Should I turn off my router for a while then?

Shinamori
Jan 26, 2014, 08:13 PM
Try redownloading the files, it's possible you have a bad file. Also, what is your connect speed by chance?

SecretAether
Jan 26, 2014, 08:53 PM
Redownload, like the whole game again? and how do I see my connection speed?

Variant
Jan 26, 2014, 09:01 PM
Uh, do you have something like Hamachi installed? Or do you have a network bridge? (Just check if you're connected to multiple networks at once).

It's entirely possible that you're actually missing a file. I believe the Tweaker has an option to recheck files, but it'll uninstall your patches so you'd have to reinstall them all.

Or you could just have a firewall issue, which you can add pso2.exe as an exception for.

Gama
Jan 26, 2014, 09:17 PM
get Aida's tweaker, do a file check with it.

check gfx drivers, update them

check C drive free space aswell.

if you cant fix it .pm me.

SecretAether
Jan 26, 2014, 09:37 PM
Do tell how to do so please.

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2014, 10:08 PM
Try rebooting your router, too.
Sometimes routers don't work properly.

I was using a shitty one that burned itself out.
I only knew it was the router because changing ports magically solved the problem.

SecretAether
Jan 27, 2014, 05:43 PM
It's working now! thanks Taiga, Problem was connection problems. :)