PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Armor suggestions?

hyjin
Jan 31, 2014, 11:58 AM
I need better armor... im lv 54 hunter with 37 fighter sub
i am currently using +10 fen and its kind of not helpful now

Arksenth
Jan 31, 2014, 12:22 PM
<_< A +10 Fen unit set is way more than enough for VH. I'm guessing your issue is that you're bad at dodging and blocking, and that's not something armor can fix because even if you're wearing the top stuff in SH, you're still going to be one or two shotted with conventional offensive builds.

Coatl
Jan 31, 2014, 12:39 PM
Crafted blitz set gives you

294 s-def each crafted piece
+ an additional noncrafted leg piece that gives you HP or PP
60 r-atk and s-atk

That's pretty top tier for melee imo.

TaigaUC
Jan 31, 2014, 07:38 PM
The bottommost expcube melee luck set has +6% physical resist on each piece.
It also has a a melee damage set bonus and a lot of HP. It has crappy magic defense though, but that kind of damage is rarer.
I recently started using that set (with default affixes) on several of my characters.
I don't want to spend several million on units for all my characters, and I needed luck sets anyway.

It feels much tougher than anything I previously had (Vardha set, Biblas set, etc).
With that set, when other people are dropping dead all around me, I can take 3-4 heavy hits from bosses on SH and still survive.
Even my casters can take around 3 hits with that set. But only 1 or 2 magic damage hits.
I also had an SH Snow Banther grab and eat me, yet still survived.

But aside from that, Arksenth is right (nooooooooooo!).
You have to prioritise not getting hit at all.
The armor is just for those occasions when you screw up or the game pulls some bullshit.

If you only have a few characters and a lot of cash, you could probably afford some fancy SH units with fancy affixes.

Saffran
Jan 31, 2014, 08:32 PM
Yeah, the shouldot gamma set will go a long way. A long, very long way.
Your only problems (if any) will be Ringada and Malluda.

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2014, 09:18 AM
Ringarda is mainly his double tornado crap.
You can dodge the tornado extra easily if you keep a spare magic weapon for dodging.

Decol is the stupid close range puffs and ground waves.
You can break Decol's claws. I don't know if that prevents him from doing the waves.

jooozek
Feb 1, 2014, 09:34 AM
you can also (just) guard, i think i was taking like 150 dmg with shouldot c from it while guarding

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2014, 09:41 AM
Depending on the camera angle, I get thrown off trying to guard it sometimes.
It's also possible to avoid it by getting behind him when he's setting up for it.

hyjin
Feb 3, 2014, 09:26 AM
im trying to do SH... so i need armor decent for SH... i can block but i need it for like you say the bs moments the game pulls. people tell me to extend my fen gear but i dont have the mats for it

Husq
Feb 3, 2014, 10:03 AM
Fen units have strike resist, so trading strike resist for 58 s-def i'm not sure if it is worth doing it. Besides losing strike and light resist, you also lose some PP that you gain from the unit itself. Extending strike def on units gives you 30HP and 1PP each, Fen units have 25HP and 2PP each.
Honestly most of us can survive using the dot c from excube store in SH, so with your current units you can go hunting in SH without any issues.
Bear in mind, you probably will be able to get Haze or Bibras Set pretty soon, if you do TD EQ or the LQ, depending what weapons you prefer, affix that set properly and use it for TA or EQs. I have to point out that those set might not have the best defenses, but you want them for PP and attack bonus, not really to suck up damage.