PDA

View Full Version : Braver vs. Gunner class OP-ness

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 1, 2014, 03:40 PM
I'm sorry if this is out of place or already discussed before, but right now I am playing as a level 61 braver subbing 50 hunter, and i'm curious on whether its worth leveling my lvl 40 gunner instead. Is gunner more OP than braver? Or is braver the new featured kill-all class right now...

jooozek
Feb 1, 2014, 03:53 PM
braver is more ridiculous

gigawuts
Feb 1, 2014, 03:55 PM
It depends if you have Guld Millas, really.

Walkure
Feb 1, 2014, 03:55 PM
You should play the class you have more fun with.

From what I've seen in TD, Gunner seems to have no problems clearings mobs even as they approach, whereas Braver can KC and kill waves as they spawn. Doesn't seem difficult to top the score with either of them. With KC a braver is literally invincible a significant amount of the time, and with a Guld Milla a gunner is virtually invincible all the time.

I don't play much of either, but there doesn't seem to be all that much difference between the two. If I had to guess, I'd say Braver is probably more OP unless you have a Guld Milla lying around.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 1, 2014, 04:05 PM
I'm sorry if this is out of place or already discussed before, but right now I am playing as a level 61 braver subbing 50 hunter, and i'm curious on whether its worth leveling my lvl 40 gunner instead. Is gunner more OP than braver? Or is braver the new featured kill-all class right now...

:disapprove:

:nono: Have you no shame?

Anyway, Fo is more powerful. Go play that.

btw-Niji
Feb 1, 2014, 06:31 PM
They are both worth playing!

UnLucky
Feb 1, 2014, 07:00 PM
Hehe, you said P-ness

Sanguine2009
Feb 2, 2014, 12:27 AM
br probably has higher damage potential + that invincibility and the option of party support with banishing arrow

gu has slightly lower damage but can do it at longer ranges and has a better general survivablity thanks to access to guld milla and the flip dodge , can sub ra for wb at the cost of personal damage in general situations

try both and pick your favorite, they are both stupidly overpowered

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 2, 2014, 12:31 AM
Sorry for being shameless XD, but I just reAched my limit in frustration with braver rare drops. Considering the fact that I still have no ten star katana and stuck with my dio sigalga while reaching level cap made me question whether or not it is still worth playing anymore. It's laughable that I have 7 elder rods lying around in my inventory, 4 emeradases , two flaupetal assault rifles, an Iblis blood, and a whole pile of ten stArs idk the names of kinda tempts me to play as another class. Is there any way to lure out those katana rare drops besides those useless 250% boosts?

TaigaUC
Feb 2, 2014, 12:37 AM
Yes, they're both stupidly overpowered.
I still find Gunner to be faster for TA. Maybe it's just me.
Gunner should still be better for bosses like Bal Lodos.

Gunner is probably easier to gear up, including mag.

Sanguine2009
Feb 2, 2014, 12:38 AM
the game can sense exactly what you want to drop and will do its best to prevent that from happening, there is nothing you can do except pray and sacrifice to the random number gods

HeartBreak301
Feb 2, 2014, 12:44 AM
Sorry for being shameless XD, but I just reAched my limit in frustration with braver rare drops. Considering the fact that I still have no ten star katana and stuck with my dio sigalga while reaching level cap made me question whether or not it is still worth playing anymore. It's laughable that I have 7 elder rods lying around in my inventory, 4 emeradases , two flaupetal assault rifles, an Iblis blood, and a whole pile of ten stArs idk the names of kinda tempts me to play as another class. Is there any way to lure out those katana rare drops besides those useless 250% boosts?

10* pass.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 2, 2014, 12:47 AM
the game can sense exactly what you want to drop and will do its best to prevent that from happening, there is nothing you can do except pray and sacrifice to the random number gods

Hahaha that really sounds discouraging:(
Well, that means it's time to continue the extreme quest stone collecting !
Kazanou, here I come in like... 13500 scarlet fragments

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 2, 2014, 12:48 AM
10* pass.

Yeap I'm a freemium user, not happening

HeartBreak301
Feb 2, 2014, 12:51 AM
Yeap I'm a freemium user, not happening

Well if you have sufficient DEX to equip it you could always extend a 1~9*. You could also extend one and great success the requirements down.

KatsuraJun
Feb 2, 2014, 12:57 AM
Gunner is definitely easier to gear given that you can extend a 2000H for its Zero Effort latent and essentially bypass the dex penalty with Zero Range Critical.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 2, 2014, 01:07 PM
Gunner is definitely easier to gear given that you can extend a 2000H for its Zero Effort latent and essentially bypass the dex penalty with Zero Range Critical.

:-o well if i do do that, how will i get a saphard in order to max out the craft extension?

arnd
Feb 2, 2014, 02:18 PM
:-o well if i do do that, how will i get a saphard in order to max out the craft extension?

Weren't rubiards exchangeable for saphards at the recycle shop? Or you could just always buy some from player shops.

Shinamori
Feb 2, 2014, 03:04 PM
I think Saphards are like 130k last I checked.

TaigaUC
Feb 2, 2014, 11:14 PM
You can just do tower defense if you want some decent 10 stars.
That Kougongin katana or whatever, and Yasminkov 9000. They are fairly common drops there.

You can also get extend mats from there as well.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 2, 2014, 11:26 PM
Which class is better for soloing? Especially for extreme quests since I might consider leveling my gunner for XQ purposes. I have basically no friends in the game on ship 7 ao I always play solo, and when I do, I get fristrated with the fact that my braver gets one hit killed a lot by bosses. A braver's counter is really circumstantial considering you can't block in certai situations like after doing a dash without step attack or during the third part of your normal just attack ( the longest most uncancelable one ). Also a brave must almost always be near its enemies to hit those high numbers ( except when using hatou rindo, but that just runs out after 3 hits). So I'm just wonder if I'm constantly soloing should gunner be the better, more consistent high hitter?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 3, 2014, 12:07 AM
Which class is better for soloing? Especially for extreme quests since I might consider leveling my gunner for XQ purposes. I have basically no friends in the game on ship 7 ao I always play solo, and when I do, I get fristrated with the fact that my braver gets one hit killed a lot by bosses. A braver's counter is really circumstantial considering you can't block in certai situations like after doing a dash without step attack or during the third part of your normal just attack ( the longest most uncancelable one ). Also a brave must almost always be near its enemies to hit those high numbers ( except when using hatou rindo, but that just runs out after 3 hits). So I'm just wonder if I'm constantly soloing should gunner be the better, more consistent high hitter?

I've soloed XQs as a fi/hu, which has less means of defense than a braver.

Ease of soloing comes down to what little skill this game requires of the player.

You should have at least 120pp to use 4 PAs in a row.

I don't need to be in melee range of a boss I don't want to be close to as a katana braver.

Get over 800 hp, and you can survive most double hits without guts drink. If anything one shots you, it's either your fault, or you're fighting SH zeshreda, who is inherently BS.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 3, 2014, 12:14 AM
I've soloed XQs as a fi/hu, which has less means of defense than a braver.

Ease of soloing comes down to what little skill this game requires of the player.

You should have at least 120pp to use 4 PAs in a row.

I don't need to be in melee range of a boss I don't want to be close to as a katana braver.

Get over 800 hp, and you can survive most double hits without guts drink. If anything one shots you, it's either your fault, or you're fighting SH zeshreda, who is inherently BS.

Now that's quite the problem considering I'm using a fully crafted vardha set with only 730 hp and 115 pp

GALEFORCE
Feb 3, 2014, 02:12 AM
XQ is not even worth doing solo anyway. Seriously. I suggest transferring to ship2, then buying premium with the leftovers. Better than playing less than half a game due to solo/freemium.

I'm guessing you're a dewman or something? You want to always be getting guts drink if you're SHing. You won't have the natural HP to take more than 2-3 hits until max level, if ever. Biburas set would also be better in terms of pp and defenses due to its strike and dark resists, but it's doubtful you'll ever get a full set without premium.

loool
Feb 3, 2014, 02:39 AM
Just get these weapons if you're don't plan of getting prem.
Best Katana to extend: Kalicizma
Best TMG to extend: Twin Yasminkov 2000H
Best Rifle to extend: Yasminkov 3000R
Best Bow to extend: Alteri, Dalteri, Phileas

SakoHaruo
Feb 3, 2014, 05:48 AM
don't you guys ever get tired or repeating yourself? same stuff different thread :lol:

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 3, 2014, 10:13 AM
Just get these weapons if you're don't plan of getting prem.
Best Katana to extend: Kalicizma
Best TMG to extend: Twin Yasminkov 2000H
Best Rifle to extend: Yasminkov 3000R
Best Bow to extend: Alteri, Dalteri, Phileas

Lol sorry for making you guys repeat this stuff, but does kalicisma's potential basically rule out it's high hit variance when extended or no? and yea i already have a fully extended 2000h and i already have a good lambda beldrea bow(plus a compadri and rikalbari sitting in my inventory) so i don't really need to extend a bow. As for rifles... i don't use them that much but i already have a good enough flaupetal when i do play as ranger, so yeah. Thanks for the advice though. So is a fully extended kalicisma with potential better than a non-extended dio sigalga with potential?

loool
Feb 3, 2014, 02:12 PM
Lol sorry for making you guys repeat this stuff, but does kalicisma's potential basically rule out it's high hit variance when extended or no? and yea i already have a fully extended 2000h and i already have a good lambda beldrea bow(plus a compadri and rikalbari sitting in my inventory) so i don't really need to extend a bow. As for rifles... i don't use them that much but i already have a good enough flaupetal when i do play as ranger, so yeah. Thanks for the advice though. So is a fully extended kalicisma with potential better than a non-extended dio sigalga with potential?

Kalicizma is the closest cheap katana to a Susano Guren. I got mine up to 955 S-ATK with Hunter multi-class. It's only 4 S-ATK lower than a +60 affixed Susano Guren.

GALEFORCE
Feb 3, 2014, 03:08 PM
Katana gear goes someway towards eliminating damage variance, and if you can equip a crafted katana, you probably have a pure dex mag anyway.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 3, 2014, 03:36 PM
and if you can equip a crafted katana, you probably have a pure dex mag anyway.

Actually, there's a crafting item that should drop the stat requirements by 20%, taking that 500 dex requirement on a max extended katana down to 400

loool
Feb 3, 2014, 03:38 PM
I'm using a full strike mag. All you need to do is use a Equipped restructured +20% at last ExLv to bring down the DEX to 400. Any class can equip it at max level.

Edit:
Well, someone beat me to it first...