PDA

View Full Version : A Hatefull person

Red-Rika
Apr 14, 2003, 11:49 AM
Hi all I had a run in with a racist person online just 20 mins ago spreading racist comments and jokes,his name is Bruce Lee lvl 1 hunter I took his picture and I was going to send it in to sega but will that be enough to get him banned

Math
Apr 14, 2003, 11:53 AM
I really dont know but you should try..those assholes should be banned forever..

Piro-Skies
Apr 14, 2003, 12:03 PM
Amen to that.

Some people have too much time on their hands or just no life.

-Piro Skies

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 14, 2003, 12:55 PM
Try being all nice to them.....and act like you are gonna cyber them (if you are a girl)....most idiots will fall for this. Then, when they send you their card, call sega and give them that large number on the guild card. Instant bannage for him!

Yosho
Apr 14, 2003, 01:28 PM
Dam I ran into the same person, just ignore and walk away, dont show that your mad or it'll just feed his/her ego.

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 14, 2003, 03:32 PM
heh.....i saw this person WAY back like 2 months ago. i was going to handle things my own way but the rest of the lobby wanted me not to along with a close friend.
so i decided not to....
why do people do stuff like that.
because we can't hurt them or stop them and they know we can't do anything and it pisses us off.
you can guess, a lobby a entire lobby leaving because of him is just what he wants.
people like that sicken me.

oh yeah i'm guessing lee isn't rasict, he's just very "dumb" i'd say more but i'd be boarding the banage from PSOW
don't worry he'll get bored of it once everyone leaves him alone.
"what a stupid lvl 1"

Morfos
Apr 14, 2003, 09:42 PM
HUmar right?

BeatZero
Apr 14, 2003, 09:50 PM
i saw him too, i just left. stay away from vega! lol.

Zeebo
Apr 14, 2003, 09:53 PM
Make anti racial comments
Examples!
-God I love interrational relationships..
- Black White Yellow Green love!

List goes on..

kat
Apr 15, 2003, 03:24 PM
here's what you need to do:
mail sega customer service.

detail the day, time, server and lobby
give all the details on the character name, etc.

Give all the details on what happened. if you can quote, quote.

And the more people that do it the better.

Muku6
Apr 15, 2003, 04:25 PM
What kills me is we pay the money yet we have to do the policing. Sega needs to get off their arses and do some of their own policing. I don't come online to watch people make asses of themselves.

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 15, 2003, 08:33 PM
On 2003-04-15 14:25, Muku6 wrote:
What kills me is we pay the money yet we have to do the policing. Sega needs to get off their arses and do some of their own policing. I don't come online to watch people make asses of themselves.

heh good words, like i said about a month ago

"i'm happy to be back online even if i do pay, but i'm not paying to listen to some of these idiots online, or people that destroy your character for "fun" no, i think i'll keep my 8.95 a month"

Mystil
Apr 15, 2003, 08:36 PM
^ ....

Just report him. That's what I might end up doing..theres too many assholes in this game.

Blue147
Apr 15, 2003, 10:40 PM
Sega won't do anything if you report someone.

Atax
Apr 15, 2003, 11:27 PM
Hate to burst your bubble guys, but Sega can't do anything about it unless you quote the serial number assigned to him; The serial number appears on his guild card.

Good luck getting that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

SilencePSO
Apr 16, 2003, 12:32 AM
Even if you report him, it's your word against his, Sega can't ban a person because 1 person doesn't like them, they would have to get many complaints.

The best thing to do is completely ignore them. I don't know why people reply to these people at all, it only gives them attention, which is why they do it in the first place. Just ignore them and they will get bored rather quickly.

Relam
Apr 16, 2003, 11:43 AM
On 2003-04-15 22:32, SilencePSO wrote:
Even if you report him, it's your word against his, Sega can't ban a person because 1 person doesn't like them, they would have to get many complaints.

The best thing to do is completely ignore them. I don't know why people reply to these people at all, it only gives them attention, which is why they do it in the first place. Just ignore them and they will get bored rather quickly.

Didn't you just kinda defeat yourself there? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

It's best not to ignore these types of people for that very reason! If you just ignore them, you let that dumb little snot off with the idea that he's allowed to do anything. The point IS to frikken make Sega wake up and realize they need to do some damn modderating if they intent of keeping it a subscription game service.

I agree with the sentiment, that we should highly encourage pestering Sega tech support because of idiots like these. If enough people actually get up off their butts and ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, then low and behold, something might actually get done. But if we just sit here and be like, "Oh, he'll just get bored after a while and leave" Nothing would ever get done! Then you might as well be enslaved or something. How do you think the Jews are always so enslaved all the time!? It's like, "Oh, Hitler will just blow over." or "Oh if I just keep building pyramids maybe they'll just let us go because of the good work we've done."

We wouldn't have equality between blacks if it wasn't for people actually trying so hard to not be racist and for the efforts of punching out idiots who are still racist. So by just sitting around not doing anything, it promotes more and more that little punks can come onto PSO and ruin peoples game experiance.

I mean this is why it's such a hassle to dupe items, and walk through doors. This is why GC Actionreplay doesn't support PSO cheats. It's because You players complained about the cheating ruining the overall experiance. And I'm sure that the people from Sega aren't going to be oblivious to the same complaints of hundereds of players from Gamefaqs and other large communities.

So you can do yourself a favor by actually taking 5 minutes to write an email to Sega tech about how crappy their service is, and how they better start kicking out these jerk holes. I certainly don't like playing with someone who spams my games with "WANT TRADE?" like 500 millions times before leaving after I responded like "NO!" for about 40 times. (Software keyboard http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Buuyon
Apr 16, 2003, 12:10 PM
OK...what you just said was...so wrong...they do it to get a rise...if you fight they will continue...if you dont talk to them...they will go away because their not pissing you of...and for the noobs that only want to trade...and say "WANT TRD PLEZ" or "GIVE FREE POW MAG PLEZ" and then "GIVE FREE WEP PLEZ" then what you have to say is..."shut up you damn noob"...

Relam
Apr 16, 2003, 12:18 PM
On 2003-04-16 10:10, Buuyon wrote:
OK...what you just said was...so wrong...they do it to get a rise...if you fight they will continue...if you dont talk to them...they will go away because their not pissing you of...and for the noobs that only want to trade...and say "WANT TRD PLEZ" or "GIVE FREE POW MAG PLEZ" and then "GIVE FREE WEP PLEZ" then what you have to say is..."shut up you damn noob"...

I'm not saying outright go vigilante like some horrid Joe Don Baker movie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I'm saying when you do see it, report it to Sega. But as you said, just flaming some idiot isn't going to solve anything and will just end up making yourself furious. That is obvious, but to just completely ignore it without bringing it to someone's attention just let's the problem surface again.

And saying "shut up you damn noob" only encourages the hate. There's enough problems with people being anti-social online, last thing I want is to further the cause of it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

MetalGriever
Apr 16, 2003, 02:57 PM
On 2003-04-14 09:49, Red-Rika wrote:
Hi all I had a run in with a racist person online just 20 mins ago spreading racist comments and jokes,his name is Bruce Lee lvl 1 hunter I took his picture and I was going to send it in to sega but will that be enough to get him banned

I've had the misfortune of running in to said individual sometime last month. He was spewing forth all sorts of racist garbage. Then he tried to hit on me, and I told him I "didn't date racists" or something like that. He asked if I was a female and I said he wasn't. So he kept calling me the "G-word" and I retorted with "you're a grade-A world class bigot!" and left.

MadCowChuck_
Apr 16, 2003, 03:10 PM
Racist comments? It's doubtful SEGA would do anything to combat them or anything else. Sorry, but a good percent of the Internet population are just these kinds of dumbasses. I mean...language filters and policing can only do so much.

Oh well.

All I can say is..."Welcome to the Internet."

Joe-Azlin
Apr 16, 2003, 03:55 PM
On 2003-04-14 19:53, Zeebo wrote:
Make anti racial comments
Examples!
-God I love interrational relationships..
- Black White Yellow Green love!

List goes on..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA