PDA

View Full Version : Rods: Immediate Justice Vs Discerning Eye

Shinamori
Feb 10, 2014, 10:05 AM
Since both the best rods (Stark Katze (+10 1060) and Esca Hermes (+10 1069) ) in the game are 4-5mil at the cheapest, what would be he best buy? I currently have Ren Houou+10, but it's latent's not unlock. Beside it's latent is situational at best.

@Lv3
Immediate Justice; Boost JA technics by 5%
Discerning Eye: Boosts elemental weakness damage by 6%.

Is 1% that much of difference?

Coatl
Feb 10, 2014, 10:30 AM
Hmmm, 5% dmg every where or 6% when you use a specific element on specific mobs.

UnLucky
Feb 10, 2014, 10:55 AM
Well if you've got a specific build for every element, then you could actually make use of that 1%, though not every area is conducive to pure element builds. And if you were that serious about optimal damage, you'd use the weapons with elemental damage latents (Satellite Riser, Green Duel Gaze, crafted 7* wand, etc) or anti-species.

If you want something to use everywhere, get a Stark and Heretically.

Shinamori
Feb 10, 2014, 04:07 PM
So, Discerning Eye only applies to the weapon's element not the tech casted?

Sandmind
Feb 10, 2014, 04:31 PM
It apply to both actually, as long as you're hitting an element weakness. It's the potential version of TE's Elemental Weak Hit skill.

Emp
Feb 10, 2014, 05:15 PM
I would prefer Discerning Eye. I use a tails for most situations, but if you only use a rod for techs like namegid and Nafoie, then Discerning Eye would be a cheaper alternative.

Shinamori
Feb 11, 2014, 07:03 AM
Cheapest Stark Katze is 5.6mil or so while the cheapest Esca Hermes is 4.2mil. Both has not slots but the cheapest Stark with any slot is 6.3mil while the cheapest Esca Hermes slotted is 4.5mil while there's a 4s Esca Hermes for 5.2mil. I guess I'll wait a bit more.