PDA

View Full Version : How I fixed my blue screen on fresh new PSO2 install in Windows 7!

molitar
Feb 13, 2014, 01:34 PM
Found a fix for the Blue Screen problem with GameGuard! There is two older GameGuard files that installed from original install into c:\window\system32 that most likely was causing the problems.

1. Deleted GameGuard folder
2. Deleted the two files below from my System32 directory
npptnt2.sys
nppt9x.vxd
3. Disabled DEP in Windows 7 so it does not run at all

For the first time PSO2 ran with no blue screen! Now I can test settings than install the English patch! Yay!

molitar
Feb 13, 2014, 04:10 PM
This happens every time without fail, even after a restart?

Yes every single time. I even updated to the latest Catalyst Video drivers.

Jei182
Feb 20, 2014, 08:55 PM
I would just like to ask. I posted this in my own topic and I may want to try this as a solution. Was this blue screen (without the driver information and when it actually happens it does so as like a square in the middle of the screen rather than fullscreen) what you were getting before? I'm not sure if Gameguard is my issue but I'm suspecting it since I never have an issue with anything else or whenever I start the Character Creator (which doesn't require gameguard to start.)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://s20.postimg.org/xuetzn7kt/BSOD.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

molitar
Feb 21, 2014, 01:45 AM
Did you completely disable DEP?

Jei182
Feb 21, 2014, 01:32 PM
Did you completely disable DEP?
Haven't tried this method yet. The game started working for me again after I did a wipe/reinstall of all files using the tweaker. If I have more problems (which I am expecting at some point) then I will try it. For now, I'm just playing the game with patches installed, no removal of any censor files or anything else, just in case (not really sure about it being the issue, if so maybe one of the routines is removing a critical file or something) removing one of those was the issue. I'll keep this method in mind if I have any more issues.

jooozek
Feb 21, 2014, 09:11 PM
it's gameguard being dumb, i'm getting those bsods too
http://i.imgur.com/1aXAa12.png
(ignore those non "critical object terminated" ones, those are me overclocking my card and system not taking it well, the "critical object terminated" ones are ones that only appear after trying to launch PSO2)

TakuBeardedOne
Feb 22, 2014, 07:17 PM
My GF and me got this error too. how can i disable DEP on Win7 Ultimate 64Bit? We got both the same bsod like you guys

Jei182
Feb 25, 2014, 10:25 PM
it's gameguard being dumb, i'm getting those bsods too
http://i.imgur.com/1aXAa12.png
(ignore those non "critical object terminated" ones, those are me overclocking my card and system not taking it well, the "critical object terminated" ones are ones that only appear after trying to launch PSO2)

I figured as much. Lately it's been happening after patches or maintenance and so far re-patching using the tweaker seems to help whenever it happens. Since I did it last time even though I have gotten gameguard errors where I have to send the files in, I haven't had one more BSOD since. I never have this error with any other game that I play, and I've played WoW in 25 man raids on this laptop.

Sp-24
Mar 2, 2014, 06:44 AM
Tried this on my laptop, and Gameguard refuses to launch at all without those two files. Am I missing an important step here?