PDA

View Full Version : Xbox PSO feature a Offline Story mode

Night Hollows
Feb 13, 2014, 08:28 PM
Hello

I am wondering if Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox features a Offline Story mode. I am more of a Xbox gamer and I played Phantasy Star Universe on the Xbox 360 mainly Online and I like Phantasy Star. However I understand how the Servers are shut down for both games and was wondering if Phantasy Star Online for Xbox had a Offline Story mode, because I wasn't to sure if to get it

Thank you

Kroniedon
Feb 14, 2014, 02:40 AM
There are work-arounds to be able to play the offline mode of PSOX if using an Original Xbox. PSOX will not work with an Xbox 360. That's about all I know concerning PSOX, so hopefully someone will come along and give you a more in depth answer.

darekatano
Feb 14, 2014, 07:37 PM
There's no offline single story mode like PSU. The closest thing is reading the message capsules as you work your way to killing the Episode 1 or 2 bosses, or picking missions from the quest counter.

Also, to play it offline you will need to have had an XBL account at some point.

But, it does have split-screen with up to 4 players, so it has that going for it.

RedRaz0r
Feb 15, 2014, 02:11 AM
If you REALLY want to play PSOX, you need to have either:
1. An original Xbox Live gamertag on your xbox, or
2. A modded xbox

Without those, it's useless.

If you want to play through the PSO story, I suggest a private BB server on your pc. You can use a wired xbox 360 controller to play it, it'll feel more or less like an xbox game.

Kroniedon
Feb 17, 2014, 09:55 PM
Hello

I am wondering if Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox features a Offline Story mode. I am more of a Xbox gamer and I played Phantasy Star Universe on the Xbox 360 mainly Online and I like Phantasy Star. However I understand how the Servers are shut down for both games and was wondering if Phantasy Star Online for Xbox had a Offline Story mode, because I wasn't to sure if to get it

Thank you

A bit off-topic, but do you also have PSO:GC. Several years ago I remember playing with some one named Night Hollows on GC, who was also from Kentucky... Georgetown to be specific. xD Only played 4 games together, but I tend to have a long memory.. xD Just curious if it's a coincidence or if you are the same person.

JCGamer
Feb 20, 2014, 07:58 PM
Dream cast emulator or the GameCube Emulator is one way to play offline story mode :) and PC offline version is part of it too

kevlar_pso
Feb 23, 2014, 12:23 AM
Hello

Thank you

You have to have a gamertag on your original Xbox. If you don't have one, your best bet to to frequent some pawn shops/Salvation Armies/Amazon for original Xbox memory cards. If there is a gamertag on it, then you can move it from the memory card to the hard drive of the original Xbox. iirc, you can have up to four different gamertags for use on PSO-X. Each gamertag slot can have up to 12 different characters. So you can create up to 48 different characters. I have several mules that only hold grinders, or materials, or technique disks, or special items like Christmas presents/Easter eggs/chocolate, or armor & units, or weapons.

I really should start playing more. I have a level 172 HUcast. I would have easily reached 200 by now, but I played too much challenge mode online. l0l