PDA

View Full Version : Hide Character Info

Nulve
Feb 13, 2014, 09:23 PM
How do you hide your character information from nosy people?

And can someone tell me what all the new Options that were added in Options 1-1 and 1-6 are (since August 2013 and beyond).

Thanks

TaigaUC
Feb 13, 2014, 10:49 PM
You can only hide your Arks Card, not your character info.

Interestingly, whenever I find a rude player or someone idling throughout an entire battle, their Arks Card info is always set to private.

Gama
Feb 13, 2014, 10:57 PM
i usually block rude/nosy people.

i already take way too much bulshit irl.

Nulve
Feb 13, 2014, 11:13 PM
i usually block rude/nosy people.

i already take way too much bulshit irl.

It's not anyone in particular; I just know that there are OCD/ E-Penor people who nosily peruse the gear of every random person they see in the Lobby, and I don't want to give them the satisfaction of browsing my gear.

For example, there's this mentality of some people who, when they see you have a 10*+ item equipped, feel the need to see if you have it +10'd with Level 3 potential. This type of mentality really annoys me.

Inazuma
Feb 14, 2014, 02:20 AM
It's not anyone in particular; I just know that there are OCD/ E-Penor people who nosily peruse the gear of every random person they see in the Lobby, and I don't want to give them the satisfaction of browsing my gear.

For example, there's this mentality of some people who, when they see you have a 10*+ item equipped, feel the need to see if you have it +10'd with Level 3 potential. This type of mentality really annoys me.

You play a game where the main goal is to improve your character and get stronger, and you get annoyed at the players who do exactly that. *shrugs*

But don't feel too bad. Most people are like you. If this were a racing game, most players would not care about driving fast. The majority of people are terrible at video games.

UnLucky
Feb 14, 2014, 02:27 AM
Yeah I just blacklist people who are so noob they have to hide.

Some loser sent me a friend request but his ARKS card was private.

Denied, obviously.

TaigaUC
Feb 14, 2014, 02:48 AM
You play a game where the main goal is to improve your character and get stronger, and you get annoyed at the players who do exactly that. *shrugs*

He's not annoyed at that, he's annoyed at random people looking at his gear for the sole reason of finding excuses to criticize him.
He didn't ask them for their opinion, and who knows whether their opinion is rubbish or not.
I didn't realize this kind of thing was even a problem. It sounds pathetic and sad.

The best solution is probably to avoid EN blocks.
I doubt most JP people would ever do anything like that. At least, I've never met one.
They simply aren't that desperate for attention.

Personally, I'm not concerned with getting the best gear in a game that's designed to favor paying and/or lucky players.
I rarely go out of my way to satisfy systems with odds stacked against me.
I don't aim to be the best in these games because I can never be the best. And it's not like it's necessary, anyway.

I get what I need (and can reasonably obtain), so as to not be a nuisance to people I play with. I make up for the rest with my playing skill.
A good player with good gear is still going to be better than a bad player with best gear.

UnLucky
Feb 14, 2014, 03:32 AM
Someone who has to hide their gear is going to have bad gear.

It's the same thing as showing your 2s +5 6* to the world. We all know.

Ratazana
Feb 14, 2014, 03:49 AM
You don't have to hide your info. Just hide yourself in the empty blocks.

TaigaUC
Feb 14, 2014, 03:52 AM
Room works too.
Or you could make a character with a JP name.
Then nobody will bother trying to criticize you.

KatsuraJun
Feb 14, 2014, 11:30 PM

But don't feel too bad. Most people are like you. If this were a racing game, most players would not care about driving fast. The majority of people are terrible at video games.

While it's true that improving your gear is a big part of the game, gear elitism can get seriously atrocious sometimes. Tera Online is notoriously bad for this.

the only thing I'd even remotely care about gear in is TD and I'd hope more that they're not fucking stupid before they have level 3 latent +10's. Both would be nice though.

TaigaUC
Feb 15, 2014, 12:15 AM
It'd be nice if there was more incentive to play these games than just for gear.
Maybe in a few centuries, after humanity has grown up a little.

jooozek
Feb 15, 2014, 02:42 AM
everyone sports lucky rise units so get that
and a vraolet with lv1 potential unlocked

KatsuraJun
Feb 15, 2014, 04:33 AM
It'd be nice if there was more incentive to play these games than just for gear.
Maybe in a few centuries, after humanity has grown up a little.

There is.

I don't play it for gear. I play it as a glorified dress up game for my cute girls.

Clearly I am far ahead of humanity. Join the glorious evolution.

TaigaUC
Feb 15, 2014, 05:02 AM
I play it for my characters too, but it still goes back to being efficient at earning in-game money.
The better your gear, the faster you can earn money to buy clothes.

I don't like that everything revolves around the combat.
In these games it's either fight enemies or stand around the lobby playing animations.
I'd like to do other fun things with our characters.

In the survey, I suggested mini-games like the ones in Mario Party, as an example.
Doubt they'll ever bother doing anything like that though.

Inazuma
Feb 15, 2014, 03:22 PM
In the survey, I suggested mini-games like the ones in Mario Party, as an example.

I love the idea of Mario Party style mini-games. It would be great if they were skill based and not completely random as well. It would also be great if there was a clear winner and loser. I fear that PSO2 is too casual for such things.

strikerhunter
Feb 15, 2014, 03:35 PM

If such thing ever happens, you know what Sega will always do to screw everyone up: New EQ >_>

UnLucky
Feb 15, 2014, 07:36 PM
People don't want something new, as evidenced by code collect, gesture, capture, worthless EQs or regular quests.

TaigaUC
Feb 15, 2014, 09:18 PM
Ugh... Mario Party EQs...

Nulve
Feb 22, 2014, 09:30 AM
Inazuma and UnLucky are the type of elitist people I'm talking about.

SakoHaruo
Feb 22, 2014, 01:53 PM
I use to be a gear checker in my early days, then I made it to the top of the food chain and stop giving a fuck o3o

What's the point of turning on Ark cards privacy when you can set the overhead display to show all your information? I guess people don't want you to know their age or birthday. You also don't have to put that on your Ark card, so I guess people turn on privacy because other people do it. I mean.. no one cares about your age or gender because everyone playing PSO2 is 14 years old and male........ and a fat faggot o3o

Gama
Feb 22, 2014, 02:58 PM
Yeah I just blacklist people who are so noob they have to hide.

Some loser sent me a friend request but his ARKS card was private.

Denied, obviously.

omg this.

TaigaUC
Feb 22, 2014, 06:40 PM
Setting the overhead display is a pain up the butt though. Clunky UI.
Takes less time to view their arks card.

Unless you're out hunting assholes, then you can just display ID number all the time.
Not sure if they show up on visiphone search if they're set to private though.

Inazuma and UnLucky are the type of elitist people I'm talking about.

I think Inazuma misunderstood your situation entirely.
He probably deals with a lot of annoying people and tends to make assumptions based on those experiences.

I think UnLucky was more referring to weirdos who friend everyone out of nowhere.
Many Japanese people write in their arks card, "please send me a GJ or whisper me before requesting friend".
It's like that on their social sites as well. Sending a friend request with no prior interaction is considered rude to most Japanese people. And myself.
Unlike in the West, where everyone just friends everyone.

I've only recently begun accepting random friends in PSO2 because I made my friend partners publicly available and want them to be useful to everyone.
Problem is now it's a huge pain to find my actual friends on the friends list. Shitty system.

UnLucky
Feb 22, 2014, 10:07 PM
Setting the overhead display is a pain up the butt though. Clunky UI.
Takes less time to view their arks card.

I think UnLucky was more referring to weirdos who friend everyone out of nowhere.
Many Japanese people write in their arks card, "please send me a GJ or whisper me before requesting friend".
It's like that on their social sites as well. Sending a friend request with no prior interaction is considered rude to most Japanese people. And myself.
Unlike in the West, where everyone just friends everyone.

I've always got HP displayed, so I can't see any other info because good UI.

Honestly I was just being tongue-in-cheek, since that's how the people TC is complaining about will react. Can't gear check? Then you failed it.

Also best part about random friend requests is you can't message them unless you look them up at the visiphone. There's no option in the friend list/request/arks card, and you certainly can't type their name into the chat box to whisper them, so if they don't contact you first, it's impossible to ask them who they are.

ChiffonFairchild
Feb 22, 2014, 10:45 PM
Hmmm, I don't have much reason to hide my subpar 2 slot gears (Heretically is my first 3 slot anything) and I sure don't mind people telling me I suck at affixing. I basically YOLO affix everything anyways so I want the world to see my failures >:D
Also, fun minigame or challenge game would be to try and clear any quest with only 1 HP and no revives.

jcart953
Feb 24, 2014, 07:57 AM
You don't have to hide your info. Just hide yourself in the empty blocks.

^^ Lol this....

Honestly, though you really shouldn't have to worry to much about that until people start running Sh AQs(especially high risk aqs)/new XQs. Even then so long as your not running around with +4 weapons and armor you should still be able to find some type of party.....

TaigaUC
Feb 24, 2014, 11:25 AM
I've always got HP displayed, so I can't see any other info because good UI.

Honestly I was just being tongue-in-cheek, since that's how the people TC is complaining about will react. Can't gear check? Then you failed it.

Also best part about random friend requests is you can't message them unless you look them up at the visiphone. There's no option in the friend list/request/arks card, and you certainly can't type their name into the chat box to whisper them, so if they don't contact you first, it's impossible to ask them who they are.

I always have HP displayed too.
I remember thinking it was odd that HP isn't displayed by default.

The GUI is filled with problems like the "can't whisper friend request". Drives me nuts.
It's like they just slapped functions in without thinking them through, then lost the source code because they obviously can't be bothered fixing any of the issues.

Zenobia
Feb 24, 2014, 11:32 AM
I use to be a gear checker in my early days, then I made it to the top of the food chain and stop giving a fuck o3o

What's the point of turning on Ark cards privacy when you can set the overhead display to show all your information? I guess people don't want you to know their age or birthday. You also don't have to put that on your Ark card, so I guess people turn on privacy because other people do it. I mean.. no one cares about your age or gender because everyone playing PSO2 is 14 years old and male........ and a fat faggot o3o

Stop being mean you bully~!

SakoHaruo
Feb 24, 2014, 05:24 PM
Stop being mean you bully~!

Ma a bully? No, never! I'm the nicest person on the planet. :yes:

BIG OLAF
Feb 24, 2014, 08:54 PM
I miss when trolling was more of an art form. Now we have Arksenth and Sako. :nono: