PDA

View Full Version : Finaly, Sega heard us and will upgrade the Server !

Yukito-San
Feb 17, 2014, 10:42 AM
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

You have read the title right, they will upgrade the hardware next maintenance (19/02/2014). It simply said Hardware maintenance but we all know only 2 possibility of this translation :

Defective Hardware (it's not the case because it would have gone in emergency maintenance)
Server's Hardware Upgrade (The only other possibility)

It might not be something big but it might help to counter defective block on ship like the 10 February when some block was down and it would D/C you when you go to those block. I was victim when Team Room block was down.

It should help about those wave of lag spike on Tower Defense and other EQ.

Again, this are simply supposition.

------------

Source : http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=3089

Lostbob117
Feb 17, 2014, 10:48 AM
Well, not us, but Falz Lv70 told them that they need an upgrade.

gigawuts
Feb 17, 2014, 10:50 AM
Well, not us, but Falz Lv70 told them that they need an upgrade.

I thought he was trying to tell them to get rid of Quna.

Aussei
Feb 17, 2014, 10:55 AM
Dark Falz has terrible internet. He is just mad he can never make it in time for Quna's concert.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 17, 2014, 10:56 AM
Well I hope it helps. Lagging like crazy even without a EQ and not in JP prime time was a bit annoying. Playing TD during JP Prime time was a nightmare sometimes.

TaigaUC
Feb 17, 2014, 11:16 AM
So much for the phantom mystery lag that supposedly didn't exist or what.

Lostbob117
Feb 17, 2014, 11:29 AM
I thought he was trying to tell them to get rid of Quna.

What? Quna is Falz's waifu.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 17, 2014, 11:30 AM
So much for the phantom mystery lag that supposedly didn't exist or what.

:lol:

Ratazana
Feb 17, 2014, 11:55 AM
Upgrade? That's quite a leap. It only says they are gonna have server maintenance. In the past when they did upgrade the servers, this was the term used: サーバー機器増強 (server upgrade).

DJcooltrainer
Feb 17, 2014, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I've noticed a lot more delay and enemy rubber-banding lately. I always thought it was just TWC being crappy, like they always are.

Edson Drake
Feb 17, 2014, 12:37 PM
Let's hope so! Anything that helps, either hardware upgrade or repair I'm ok, as long it gets this running smoothly as it was when I started playing.

Mysterious-G
Feb 17, 2014, 12:50 PM
I'd say we might want to expect another hiccup for this maintenance then, but an upgrade of those lousy servers we've been forced to run on for months now?

Best update of 2014.
Seriously.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 17, 2014, 01:09 PM
Eh, I'm withholding judgement until they actually put their money where their mouths are and we see results.

jooozek
Feb 17, 2014, 01:21 PM
thats what happens when you hold your datacenter in your moms basement instead of using scalable clouds :lol:

ShinMaruku
Feb 17, 2014, 01:32 PM
I wonder which servers they are rolling in. They should buy some and not rent them Sega has the money.

Yukito-San
Feb 17, 2014, 01:43 PM
Other thing who might happen, they finally open PSO2es server or making new server for other region or Japan region.

pkemr4
Feb 17, 2014, 01:57 PM
Other thing who might happen, they finally open PSO2es server or making new server for other region or Japan region.

will pso2es work on my 5th gen ipod?

Randomness
Feb 17, 2014, 02:01 PM
The only server upgrade I want is one that won't happen.

DJcooltrainer
Feb 17, 2014, 02:07 PM
Upgrade? That's quite a leap. It only says they are gonna have server maintenance. In the past when they did upgrade the servers, this was the term used: サーバー機器増強 (server upgrade).

I read the announcement myself, and I think you're right. Normally when doing an update to the game, they'll list what content is being added. When no additional content is being added it will say something like "Maintenance to Server Equipment", which is what it says this week. Sega hasn't specifically said anywhere that they are doing hardware upgrades, although it is a possibility.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high, though.

Mr Champloo
Feb 17, 2014, 03:53 PM
Does not help when your connecting overseas either. O.o;

pkemr4
Feb 17, 2014, 04:13 PM
i have 200+ ping. and i have not problem triple dashing or having any lag at all unless theres a EQ like TD or DF when people break crystel

Emp
Feb 17, 2014, 08:12 PM
Hopefully they help speed up the connectivity for the vita community. I play both platforms(pc and vita) but the vita connectivity needed to handled.