PDA

View Full Version : This game's economy is upsetting.

MidCap
Feb 20, 2014, 07:21 PM
I realize there are plenty of ways to "make" money on this game, but the makers of the game have VERY DELIBERATELY limited the number of ways that any appreciable amount of NEW money is allowed to circulate into the economy.

If too many people decided to try other means for making money (ie. affixing certain units or hunting valuables) in lieu of Time Attacks, the amount of NEW MONEY entering the economy would decrease because of the decreased participation in TA.

I have never once played an MMO in which there was only one reliable way for new money to enter the economy (WoW comes close), nor have I played a game that selected such a niche pocket of quests for the circulation of new money. At least WoW had a large number of quests to choose from, all of which paid fair sums. PSO2 gets FIVE Time Attack quests (poorly designed, at that), and no matter how many characters you have or how many difficulties you subject yourself to per day, there's FIVE QUESTS THAT ARE EXACTLY THE SAME EVERY TIME, that must be played OVER AND OVER AGAIN, to reliably circulate new money into the economy.

Any player who steps back and views this game's economic engine as a whole should be insulted at how "controlling" this is.

Why aren't there any enjoyable ways to bring new money into the economy? Before you remark that you "enjoy" Time Attack, please remember that not everyone enjoys these quests after playing them hundreds of times. I LIKE the randomness of Free Field maps, but the game severely "punishes" the general economy of the game by not allowing money to be created during normal play!

"You spent that two hours just questing for fun? Congrats, you made like 70K Meseta. You should have been spending that time working on Time Attacks!"

What a sad state of affairs. It seems like Sega is afraid everyone will quit the game if they allowed other outlets for the generation of new wealth.

I feel helpless. Nobody of any importance is going to read this or change anything.

Daemyn
Feb 20, 2014, 07:36 PM
Ah yes all of that in op's post^ :C I personally LOATH time attacks myself I only do them if I have finished everything else I wanted done first or someone I know needs help in them.

Before the npc resell nerf makeing meseta was ok ish via random quests.

But then sega freaked over the rmt beginning to happen along with some botters.

If by some very rare chance you get a my shop pass though things can go pretty well for a short time.

btw-Niji
Feb 20, 2014, 07:42 PM
Those TA quests aren't poorly designed. : (

... but we seriously need more of them added ...

And you like randomness? That's the whole problem with this game. >_> Honestly, we need more quests that aren't random.

Anyway, economy in PSO games have always sucked. No reason to be surprised... unless you're new to this series.

ShinMaruku
Feb 20, 2014, 07:44 PM
You may bitch about pso2's market but it's no DogeCoin
http://i.imgur.com/rPltYqf.gif

Emp
Feb 20, 2014, 07:45 PM
I make enough meseta as it is. Just dont be one of those dum dum's who wastes it all on playing Dress Up Online 2, and surely not Lobby Actions.

btw-Niji
Feb 20, 2014, 07:47 PM
lol yes, stop playing the dress up / dance game. It's very easy to make meseta in this game. I barely try-- I just play the game normally and it goes up fast.

Poor people!

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2014, 07:48 PM
You don't own every lobby action, one of every outfit you can equip, AND powerful weapons? Casual.

PSchiZ
Feb 20, 2014, 07:49 PM
Nobody of any importance

Well i'm sorreh :T

BIG OLAF
Feb 20, 2014, 07:52 PM
I make enough meseta as it is. Just dont be one of those dum dum's who wastes it all on playing Dress Up Online 2, and surely not Lobby Actions.

Yeah, OP, whatever you do, don't waste your money on fun things, you casual pleb....even if you want to.

Tenlade
Feb 20, 2014, 08:04 PM
You don't own every lobby action, one of every outfit you can equip, AND powerful weapons? Casual.

Like you need any dances other then breakdance and moonwalk.

and my storage cries at the thought of being filled with those costumes.

Sakuramei
Feb 20, 2014, 08:08 PM
I'm not fond of Time Attacks much myself--I'm more of a 1-time quest person so I rarely repeat quests and since Time Attacks are always the same map, there isn't even a slight incentive for me to do them more than once besides Meseta (and when it comes down to it, chaining those for Meseta would end up ruining the game for me as it'd be me repeatedly doing something I have no fun with).

Yes, if you don't spend any money on dress-up items, furniture, or lobby actions and also upgrade all your weapons yourself/grind for them, you should have no issue earning meseta... but many people who play spend money on those things (thus how Sega earns a lot of money)--I know I do and that is definitely where my meseta goes over armor/weapons/equipment. The prices because of Time Attacks are definitely quite high--even though I've managed to sell quite a few things and thus, cross off most of the furniture items I wanted, there's a large amount of things I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get like the Voice ticket I want, any of the dances I'd like to unlock, or some of the rarer furniture items.

It'd be nice if there were other ways to [earn lots of meseta]. :(

Tenlade
Feb 20, 2014, 08:19 PM
Why aren't there any enjoyable ways to bring new money into the economy?

Real Money Traders.

When items were vendorable for 1000 each, hackers and bots would spawn a map, killhack everything , vac the items, sell them for meseta, then repeat. This horribly flooded the economy, and since this is a free to play game, hackers can just make infinite accounts when they get banned. Time attacks have a lot of checks to make sure you're solving the puzzles, so bots just cant fly over everything and kill the boss at the end for cash.

Sega is terrified of creating a way to make money that bots can exploit. Sega's tried to ...somewhat alleviate this by putting in ways that players can get money thats non exploitable (meseta tan, XQ meseta rates, 3-5k per sh emergency code, etc), sadly they don't really solve the problem and if sega wants time attacks to be the money maker, they need to add a lot more time attack quests for variety.

strikerhunter
Feb 20, 2014, 08:31 PM
To the OP:

There was once a time when Free Exploration was the real money maker but that brought up so much inflation that money made from Free Exploration through via pick-up and selling trash was nerfed to where you have to rely on TAs.

But ye overall we do need more variety of quests (not different modes for gods sake) along with more TAs because the whole genocide crap is getting old.

Z-0
Feb 20, 2014, 08:36 PM
As much as I enjoy Time Attack, I do agree there has to be more to do that feels rewarding when it comes to meseta. Even I get fed up of the same 5 maps when I have to run them on 4 characters. . _.

The Walrus
Feb 20, 2014, 08:37 PM
Make a wave defense quest where the longer you survive the more meseta you make?

Z-0
Feb 20, 2014, 08:39 PM
I'd rather "the faster you clear it" the more meseta you make, but people would call that unfair.

I like the idea that killing things faster means something other than... it's faster.

Chik'Tikka
Feb 20, 2014, 08:39 PM
^ RMTs nearly killed the economy in the 1st 6 months PSO2 existed. After SEGAC changed vendor prices things did stabilize, but i too find the current system very frustrating. The fact free players can't sell items in player shops and thus only have one way to earn meseta, which makes hunting rares and crafting utterly useless as an income source for a good majority of players. Trying to keep up with just TAs to make meseta, and trying to form TA parties got quite sickening and now I'm taking a very long break from PSO2. I only hope when i do start playing again that SEGAC actually introduces actual new content beyond aesthetics and more maps with minor gameplay tweaks, or at least make shop access easier to acquire for fremium players to sell rares and crafted items beyond once a year 3 day tickets +^_^+

FacelessRed
Feb 20, 2014, 08:42 PM
The way the money making in this game works as a seasoned MMO player is the only reason things are possible to purchase without ridiculous levels of luck and play time.

If TA's; a fully accessible and quite frankly short amount of time in the day, didn't exist. then we'd only be able to rely on accumulated Meseta and the value of rares. With the pay to sell system it would cause a serious problem.

You'd have the rich getting richer; I.E. Stronger weapons equal better gear, better gear equals better hunting, more rares more to sell. And the poor staying poor. No access to the game market, completely reliant on ones own luck (which for the most part would be atrocious), and exactly the same as most cookie cutter MMO's.

And yes the "faster" you complete a TA would not only be unfair but jettison the class balance problem to the moon. You'd be Required to play specific classes to maximize your speed to maximize your meseta. That is quite frankly an insanely selfish idea. Don't punish people for wanting to play the game.

Sanguine2009
Feb 20, 2014, 09:32 PM
personally i like TAs. i feel they are one of the better designed parts of the game. however, we desperately need more TA maps. running the same five maps up to 3 times a day per character gets old fast.

they should add more maps and allow you to choose between several maps per TACO imo.

Jei182
Feb 20, 2014, 09:32 PM
I've decided to only run the TACOs on normal and with one character if I can't get a VH party to run with. At least then it only takes an hour or so but I am sick of TACOs myself. Daily quests seem like a good way to make money but sometimes it takes forever to complete them. I especially am not fond of the "run this quest 5 times" type. The gathering ones I don't mind so much.

Ratazana
Feb 20, 2014, 09:47 PM
TACOs do reward faster times though, allowing you to run more chars in less time.

TaigaUC
Feb 20, 2014, 10:32 PM
This game is upsetting.

There were more ways to earn money before, but that just increased inflation.
The daily TACOs is a shitty way of keeping prices from getting even more crazy.

SkylyVi
Feb 20, 2014, 10:55 PM
while on the topic of TACOs i just unlocked the first one, any tips? Do I run this solo or look for a party? Do I kill everything?

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 21, 2014, 12:24 AM
@SkylyVi:

As a first timer doing TA's, I'd suggest that you find a party that can "show you the ropes" since some TA's have SHORTCUTS that can save you a lot of time, meaning that you don't have to kill all the enemies on the field.

You can also search for them on YouTube in order to get a head up on what to do, where to go, and what not; seeing how it's done is better than reading about it and makes more intuitive sense.

Anyways, good luck.

Limbo_lag
Feb 21, 2014, 12:44 AM
As much as I hate the game's economy, it at least limits too much money from entering the market at once. At the very least, this prevents excessive inflation of everything in general. I know of games with terrible economies where things hyper-inflated to the point that anything decent cost way too much for the average player (e.g. 2BEES). Here at least if you TACO enough, you should be eventually able to afford most things on the market.

Ratazana
Feb 21, 2014, 12:51 AM
People bitching about how the system doesn't produce enough meseta would be bitching about inflation if it did.

jooozek
Feb 21, 2014, 12:53 AM
i can't stand tacos because there is more running to them than to actual killing enemies, nab2 is an exception from it :-?

Aussei
Feb 21, 2014, 12:57 AM
If I was a billionaire, to the point that I shit out money I would uproot the economy! I would buy so much AC and then buy as much scratches and whatever and put it all in the market for low low prices. I would continue to do so until the game dies! Just to piss everyone off and pretty much destroy the need for Meseta! I would buy everything off the market and resell it for 1k meseta. lol

I can keep dreaming. ;D

Ratazana
Feb 21, 2014, 01:01 AM
If I was a billionaire I would buy sega and fire sakai and his boys.

Limbo_lag
Feb 21, 2014, 01:04 AM
People bitching about how the system doesn't produce enough meseta would be bitching about inflation if it did.

Pretty much, yeah.

Aussei
Feb 21, 2014, 01:05 AM
If I was a billionaire I would buy sega and fire sakai and his boys.

Viva la revolution! Down with Sakai!

I wish I could do this with American Government. lol

Ratazana
Feb 21, 2014, 01:14 AM
Viva la revolution! Down with Sakai!

I wish I could do this with American Government. lol

Yeah, too late now, someone already did it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 21, 2014, 01:47 AM
Op pretty much sums up why im so sore about the lack of things that can be reliably farmed for good money. I wish tech frags were still ~50k

HBK666
Feb 21, 2014, 01:50 AM
Op pretty much sums up why im so sore about the lack of things that can be reliably farmed for good money. I wish tech frags were still ~50k

They will go back up soon.

Shinamori
Feb 21, 2014, 01:52 AM
With boost week? Maybe.

landman
Feb 21, 2014, 03:30 AM
I don't see anything wrong if the current system is managing to avoid inflation. Sega want premium and AC spenders to receive their meseta selling stuff, but at the same time they don't want them to be so pricey the f2p players can't afford them.

Neith
Feb 21, 2014, 04:25 AM
Earning money without Time Attack can be difficult (especially if you want every outfit that's released and your character has the unfortunate problem of being female) and I do hate that there doesn't seem to be another good way to earn reliably. I sometimes sell spare grinding equipment (risk modifiers etc) and outfits I don't use anymore can earn a decent amount but then you run into the problem of needing Shop Passes or Premium.

If being rich means spamming Time Attack every day, I'd rather be poor. :lol:

deahamlet
Feb 21, 2014, 04:41 AM
Daily quests give quite a bit of meseta, especially if you have multiple characters... I have 5 support bots in total and even after my last character is done XP wise I will keep picking up the dailies, giving them to my bots, and tada moneyz without any actual work from me really.

TACOs get boring after a while, we did 3 a day sometimes and I just wanted to slit my wrists. Back to 1 set a day, 2 sets on days off. Much more sensible.
You can also hunt the expensive rares (hey Floating Continent called) and get My Shop ticket. I'm premium and annoyed how many My Shop and My Room tickets I have in bank. There is not a month that goes by that my fun scratch doesn't give me a My Shop ticket instead of the +1 protects I want.

NoiseHERO
Feb 21, 2014, 05:47 AM
You pretty much beat the game once you get moonwalk, after doing that emote twice you'll feel so accomplished that you'll never have to log in again.

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 21, 2014, 06:05 AM
Like a lot of players, TA is the only way for me to make Meseta. I'm not a Premium player nor do I have any luck with winning a Shop-pass in the FUN scratch (don't have anything to sell anyway mind you).

If I need some money I only do TA on Normal because it's the easiest difficulty to solo. I'll occasionally do Hard TA but it depends on whether or not I can really be bothered to do them solo. I'll only run VHard TA when other members of my team are willing to do so but, if they aren't, I can live without running them.

I have most, if not all of the accessories and hairstyles I currently want for my characters so I really only need Meseta for outfits and possibly Rappy Suits. Seeing that there are very few outfits I actually like, and I have most of them, I don't really need much Meseta. I would like it if there was another way for free-players to make money tho as running TA daily gets really boring, even when running it with friends.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 21, 2014, 06:16 AM
I'm with people saying it's a little redic to do TAs 3+ times a day, but seriously you guys, soloing normal is a waste of time. Just make an open party on b30...

deahamlet
Feb 21, 2014, 06:22 AM
Like a lot of players, TA is the only way for me to make Meseta. I'm not a Premium player nor do I have any luck with winning a Shop-pass in the FUN scratch (don't have anything to sell anyway mind you).

If I need some money I only do TA on Normal because it's the easiest difficulty to solo. I'll occasionally do Hard TA but it depends on whether or not I can really be bothered to do them solo. I'll only run VHard TA when other members of my team are willing to do so but, if they aren't, I can live without running them.

I have most, if not all of the accessories and hairstyles I currently want for my characters so I really only need Meseta for outfits and possibly Rappy Suits. Seeing that there are very few outfits I actually like, and I have most of them, I don't really need much Meseta. I would like it if there was another way for free-players to make money tho as running TA daily gets really boring, even when running it with friends.

Honestly VH Nab I, Nab II and Sanctum is actually pretty easy. Lilipa and Amaduscia is boring/tedious/long/annoying/fill in the adjective. I have fo/te, br/hu, gu/ra - used all of them to solo those three and it's easy peasy. Doing Nab I on SH solo takes some practice, I got my buttocks eaten alive my first try o.O squishy force be squishy what can you do, but I am sure I could do it even on that one if I wasn't fluffing around with an elysion as te/fi (so not my style).

If you're going to waste the time, do it on VH. I personally don't see a huge difference between normal and VH solo as most of the time you're spending walking and getting buttons. If you have more than one character, 2x300k by doing NabI/II/Sanctum is fast and decent.

Whoever designed Amaduscia needs to be tied to a chair and forced to run that non-stop 24/7 for a week. Stupid crap.

final_attack
Feb 21, 2014, 06:24 AM
or simply join JP party ... it works too, since you don't really need to communicate intensely with them. As long as saying hello - know your way around TAs - and says thanks and goodbye, they're fine with it o_o

Well, yes, getting money in this game kinda .... tedious for me ^^; Went premium twice(?), and still no luck with money, since no good fodder dropped or no good items dropped to sell too ^^; Premium still needs some luck ^^;

Personally I only do 2 full run TAs per day if I wanted something to buy ^^; Other than that, I just enjoy the game (I only got a few hours to play, and not everyday too) ^^;

MidCap
Feb 23, 2014, 12:58 PM
I do feel that I have sufficiently defended this post as "not a rant." Although my defense my be perceived as a rant in the face of the persistent arguments to the contrary.

Thus, I would like to return to the topic of the original post, if at all possible.

Ratazana
Feb 23, 2014, 01:05 PM
Sega doesn't give a flying fuck. Of course the system sucks, it was designed to fuck you. No, it won't get any better.

I suggest you stay away from fremium games.

MidCap
Feb 23, 2014, 01:10 PM
I understand that freemium games are designed to eventually get players to pay. I have regularly used the "Premium" service on this game.

However, even for those who use these services, the progress is intentionally stunted. In fact, it's bad enough that I now wonder if I'm getting my money's worth.

The game needs to strike a careful balance such that free players eventually desire to use the pay features and see them as worthwhile. It must also provide the "sense of value" to those who already spent AC.

This game fails miserably on both fronts. A business model that dupes people into paying once and then declare, "Never again" is not a sustainable one.

It's easy to sit back and say that Sega doesn't give a fuck, but we would all agree that they SHOULD give a fuck, right? Maybe if they started giving a fuck about this game's economy, things would improve. So why aren't we pointing this out to them?

Ratazana
Feb 23, 2014, 01:43 PM
Same reason we are not joining protests against the IMF and WB?

MidCap
Feb 23, 2014, 01:54 PM
Oh, so you're saying there's no way we can make a difference?

PSO2 is much more "small time" than the institutions you mentioned. English-speaking players must make up at least a small percentage of total players. I have no idea of the total: maybe 2 percent? Or maybe 10? I don't know, but we generate a respectable amount of cashflow for Sega, so we deserve to be heard, as well.

Dhylec
Feb 23, 2014, 02:14 PM
Ok, I'll give this topic one more chance to stay on topic. The next derailment is a total shutdown.

MidCap
Feb 23, 2014, 02:29 PM
I'm not participating in a discussion that is being closely monitored. If the discussion is not allowed to take natural twists and turns, then I want no part of it. You can go assert your authority somewhere else.

gigawuts
Feb 23, 2014, 02:46 PM
Since you apparently still can't draw out all of these thoughts to their logical conclusion, I will:

You are playing an asian F2P game. Shit is different over there. As long as the JPs paying for it are satisfied enough to keep paying they will not change anything. They don't have a large, long lasting MMO market like we do in the west. They don't have a massive variety of options and experience to recognize the good and bad things implemented by other games. It doesn't matter if the game itself isn't that great - many of them don't realize it. It doesn't matter if it's just clothes for 6 month spans of time. It doesn't matter if games in the west handle F2P better - Sega is raking in cash with actual rakes because they can't keep up with all the money players throw at them to watch Quna sing for the 700th time so they can fight Dark Falz Elder with +5 levels with boosted droprates for items that aren't even new, most of which are actually reskins of pre-existing items.

People can't contain their orgasms (literally in many cases) over how cute and alarmingly revealing the new outfits look on their loli, and if any one thing sells it's sex.

Nobody - not anyone else and not you - nobody is doing shit about it because no matter how much better the gameplay could be Sega probably doesn't even know why PSO2 is so successful so they're not daring to touch a goddamn thing if they don't absolutely have to. They sure seem to not realize why PSO and PSU were so successful, otherwise many of the issues this game has would've been removed on the drawing board.

The only possible way this will change is if one of two things happen:
1. Suddenly they're not making nearly as much money on sexy loli costumes as before and they have to address the game's other problems.
2. They release it in another country, are forced to sink or swim and somehow manage to swim by adapting the game to be able to compete with established western titles, and the JPs notice this and realize just how short the end of their stick has actually been.

This is what you aren't grasping. Everything that isn't sexy lolis has been a lazy, halfassed solution to a variety of issues all at once because they can get away with it. As far as they're concerned: as long as this fix doesn't break something else, and it makes this not as terrible, then it's fine. Yes, the economy is mildly annoying as a result of premium mechanics and rich players being able to brute force Dudu's failure streaks to find the winning streaks. Yes, making meseta is a huge bottleneck - intentionally, because it's the least of two evils and another incentive to get premium. Yes, this game could be better but Sega has what it wants already so it doesn't care. Yes, we all know this; we've all known this.

And dude, you should be thanking Dhylec for actually leaving the thread open with the way it was going.

Arksenth
Feb 23, 2014, 04:10 PM
THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE STRIPPERIFIC MALE COSTUMES SO I CAN ORGASM TO THOSE TOO.

BOO SEGA

ALWAYS CATERING TOWARDS THE PEDOPHILES

Sp-24
Feb 23, 2014, 04:52 PM
[spoiler-box]Since you apparently still can't draw out all of these thoughts to their logical conclusion, I will:

You are playing an asian F2P game. Shit is different over there. As long as the JPs paying for it are satisfied enough to keep paying they will not change anything. They don't have a large, long lasting MMO market like we do in the west. They don't have a massive variety of options and experience to recognize the good and bad things implemented by other games. It doesn't matter if the game itself isn't that great - many of them don't realize it. It doesn't matter if it's just clothes for 6 month spans of time. It doesn't matter if games in the west handle F2P better - Sega is raking in cash with actual rakes because they can't keep up with all the money players throw at them to watch Quna sing for the 700th time so they can fight Dark Falz Elder with +5 levels with boosted droprates for items that aren't even new, most of which are actually reskins of pre-existing items.

People can't contain their orgasms (literally in many cases) over how cute and alarmingly revealing the new outfits look on their loli, and if any one thing sells it's sex.

Nobody - not anyone else and not you - nobody is doing shit about it because no matter how much better the gameplay could be Sega probably doesn't even know why PSO2 is so successful so they're not daring to touch a goddamn thing if they don't absolutely have to. They sure seem to not realize why PSO and PSU were so successful, otherwise many of the issues this game has would've been removed on the drawing board.

The only possible way this will change is if one of two things happen:
1. Suddenly they're not making nearly as much money on sexy loli costumes as before and they have to address the game's other problems.
2. They release it in another country, are forced to sink or swim and somehow manage to swim by adapting the game to be able to compete with established western titles, and the JPs notice this and realize just how short the end of their stick has actually been.

This is what you aren't grasping. Everything that isn't sexy lolis has been a lazy, halfassed solution to a variety of issues all at once because they can get away with it. As far as they're concerned: as long as this fix doesn't break something else, and it makes this not as terrible, then it's fine. Yes, the economy is mildly annoying as a result of premium mechanics and rich players being able to brute force Dudu's failure streaks to find the winning streaks. Yes, making meseta is a huge bottleneck - intentionally, because it's the least of two evils and another incentive to get premium. Yes, this game could be better but Sega has what it wants already so it doesn't care. Yes, we all know this; we've all known this.

And dude, you should be thanking Dhylec for actually leaving the thread open with the way it was going.[/spoiler-box]
I'm fairly sure that Sega knows exactly why PSO2 is so successful: dress up simulator, illusion of content through the magic of dripfeed and a not completely atrocious gameplay (despite Sega's best efforts). Gameplay being last and least, seeing how them adopting the ideas to make every class' core strategy "spam X to win" and solving balance problems by slapping some of the laziest "fixes" that one can imagine changes nothing whatsoever; or nothing that can't be fixed with another AC Scratch and a "collaboration" or holiday event where you do the exact same thing as in any other quest that you'd be spamming otherwise, at least.

I'm afraid that neither of those solutions will work, even in the ideal circumstances, either. If they stop making money, they'll attempt more crossovers with stuff that's popular in Japan, quickly push out some new gameplay features and/or events, and, if that doesn't work, will shut the game down and instead roll out something with more mobile and social interaction that they no doubt already have (or add Facebook support to PSO2, but I dunno how likely that is). If anything, they'll make the economy even more unforgiving should the money stop coming, if additions like friend partners are anything to draw conclusions from.

There's also a very good reason why do asian MMOs get released in the west by nickel-and-dime publishers whose job is to run their games into the ground while ripping off the customers: precisely because it's too expensive to actually fix the issues that may arise when the game is presented to a much more picky crowd. PSO2 is built with japanese audience in mind. Everything about it is done to make your averagest japanese player get interested, stay, and eventually pay. "Adapting" the game would require to make a complete overhaul of the inner mechanics like Doodoo, TA moneys, Scratch items, all of the retarded locks like AQ capsules, XQ passes, and who knows what else. And to what end? For a potentially bigger audience in a way more vicious environment? Sega knows better than to take a risk, they have Asiasoft for that.

So, yeah, don't want to sound too pessimistic, but there's no way whatsoever that this game will become better. Unless you consider the current stagnation as slow improvement (in which case I have great news!), things will only get worse over time.

BIG OLAF
Feb 23, 2014, 05:03 PM
sexy lolis

Talk about an oxymoron for the ages *hurk*

Also, yeah, where the hell does this guy get off telling Dhylec to 'assert his authority somewhere else?'

Like I said, he's batshit insane and should just be removed permanently.

gigawuts
Feb 23, 2014, 06:03 PM
It seems like your run of the mill 16 year old's issues with authority to me, but I dunno.

edit: I don't think he'll be coming back

MidCap
Feb 23, 2014, 07:44 PM
You say "Who does he think he is?" just for questioning a mod?

He's a moderator on a website. It's not like he's a real authority figure. You act like I punched a cop or something. He moved and then moderated a topic that didn't need any interference because he, like all PSOW mods, thinks that all conflict is bad.

It's the same problem that has plagued this website for years. Not all arguments are quarrels. Nobody was insulting anyone else's mother.

Nothing gets done around here because only mild, vanilla topics are allowed to exist. Nothing controversial is allowed because it's perceived as disruptive and dangerous.

I may not post again, but it's not because I'm afraid. It's because there's nothing to be gained by interacting with this community. New ideas (or thorough examinations of old ideas) are strongly discouraged, it seems.

I'm very disappointed with the lack of backbone and resolve this community has. Nobody stands up for anything, and all have succumbed to this notion that we can't make a difference. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I guess "You taught me a lesson" and "Sent me packing" as I'm sure you'll claim.

Ratazana
Feb 23, 2014, 10:37 PM
What do you really want? "Make the world a better place" it's not or you would be focusing on real issues.

It sounds to me you want more meseta. You got two options: with a little money and a lot of effort you can make meseta confortably. With no effort and a lot of money you can run the gatcha. That's it, you can choose to buy lube but the fact you are going to get fucked ain't gonna change. If you don't have money for the lube and/or is too lazy to buy it, and do not want to get a raw bum just do yourself a favor and do not play the game.

Besides, you are trying to incite the wrong mob. 10% of one ship, mostly free people that are able to play the game because sega isn't enforcing the tos will have no say in the matter. If you want to change sega you better learn jp and preach on their forums.

mctastee
Apr 6, 2014, 07:30 PM
I've decided to only run the TACOs on normal and with one character if I can't get a VH party to run with. At least then it only takes an hour or so but I am sick of TACOs myself. Daily quests seem like a good way to make money but sometimes it takes forever to complete them. I especially am not fond of the "run this quest 5 times" type. The gathering ones I don't mind so much.

I never try to do them by myself and I only do them maybe every other day or if someone in my team wants to run them. The only one I can't stand is fucking lillipa. That one is fucking awful.