PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 not recognizing controller?

Taaron
Mar 5, 2014, 09:19 PM
Hi guys!

I'm having an issue with my Saitek P990 Dual Analog controller.

Windows recognizes it no problem. I can test it, and it shows all the button presses, joystick / control pad movements. It also works in other games.

However, when I go into PSO2 to calibrate it, or set up the game pad settings, it ignores it completely.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Taaron
Mar 5, 2014, 09:44 PM
Hi, Aida!

Yes, I've tried switching Analog mode. Still no response to the controller. :/

Taaron
Mar 10, 2014, 07:19 PM
Welp, I have no idea what I did, but I managed to get the controller to work for a total of an hour today.

The PSO2 Tweaker kept launching a webpage from Gameguard telling me to reinstall the game, so I launched PSO2 from the JP Launcher, and it recognized the controller. Did some running around for a little bit. Decided to move from my room to the living room, went to get back on, and the controller was acting up. Logged out, and now it's back to ignoring it again.

Taaron
Apr 2, 2014, 04:50 PM
Time for an update, I guess.

A friend recommended I try a new controller, an Afterglow Controller for the X-Box 360, as it's what he uses for PSO2. I managed to luck out and had enough reward points at Gamestop to get one for free. :D

Got it home, installed the 360 controller drivers. Tested it in Windows, tested it in Castle Crashers and NiGHTS into Dreams. Works perfectly like the Saitek did.

However the issue still remains, PSO2 completely ignores the controller. I've tried un-installing the game again, and re-installing it. (My friend had no issues. He just plugged it in, and away it went.)

Any ideas what I can do to get PSO2 to recognize these stupid controllers?

I'm seriously on the verge of saying to hell with it, and either: attempt to re-install Windows, or just uninstall PSO2 and won't bother with it again, if I can't get any help with this issue.

saraishadow
May 3, 2014, 09:28 PM
Bumped

It would seem I'm not the only one with this problem