PDA

View Full Version : Servers are infested tonight...

Tiamat
Apr 14, 2003, 05:55 PM
Everyone thinking of playing PSO / PSOv2 online with the Dreamcast tonight should be aware that there are a LOT of hackers out there.

First of all, I was in a game and someone joined. He was obviously a GS-er because I couldn't heal/support/resurrect him at all. I asked if he was using a cheat device and he said "No. Your Resta must be broken..." (go figure...lol)

He never did anything to harm me or steal my things, but I was very wary until he left (or got disconnected). I have been in games with people like this before and come out of it a few weapons short.

I made my exit and went to another ship, where I was constantly pestered by someone for me to send them my card. I didn't want to, so I asked why he was so eager to have it. Just kept saying "CARD! SEND!!" and ran around after me in the Lobby.

I left and went to another ship! There I was just warning people about the amount of GS activity that night when my screen froze. I turned off the DC and decided enough was enough for tonight.

I won't even mention the amount of times I couldn't access the Lobby consoles because of LSODers.

What I would like to know, is that can people effectively "track you down" and crash your game? I've been playing PSO since day 1 (I was absent for a while tho), but only about 5% of that time online. I do know what to do when crashes happen though...

Elusive_Llama
Apr 15, 2003, 09:51 AM
Sounds to me like that guy had some sort of code with his GS that prevents people from doing the resta-of-death on him. Because he didn't do anything to you, he might have been one of those using the GS to protect themselves online.

This is exactly the reason why I never played PSO on the DC. It doesn't seem right that I would have had to use a cheat device just to play the game without being pk-ed :/

Logical2u
Apr 15, 2003, 10:35 AM
It was everywhere. I am on GC, and I got FSOD in ANTARES 8.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 15, 2003, 11:25 AM
FSOD is not a cheat :/

Aurra
Apr 15, 2003, 12:31 PM
FSOD is a glitch, not a hack. Well, it was able to be hacked on Dreamcast, but so far on GC it's just a bandwidth problem I believe.

pixelate
Apr 15, 2003, 01:21 PM
Didn't know people still played DC PSO...

Aurra
Apr 15, 2003, 05:00 PM
On 2003-04-15 11:21, pixelate wrote:

My friend from this site (Guile, you guys probably know him) logged on a few days ago to see what was up... now only Oberon is left as US ships go.

BonusKun
Apr 15, 2003, 05:24 PM
First of all, I was in a game and someone joined. He was obviously a GS-er because I couldn't heal/support/resurrect him at all. I asked if he was using a cheat device and he said "No. Your Resta must be broken..." (go figure...lol)

Actually he may be telling the truth. This is an old old old old old glitch that involved some people booting up their Dreamcasts with the Utopia boot disc.

For some reason after the game loads, your auto targeting no longer works at all. Peroid.

The easy way to fix this tho was to simply goto the webpage section on the title screen, back out once it's fully loaded and then proceed to go onto your game.

Quick. Easy. Simple.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-04-15 15:25 ]</font>

brillyfresh
Apr 15, 2003, 11:25 PM
On 2003-04-15 07:51, Elusive_Llama wrote:
It doesn't seem right that I would have had to use a cheat device just to play the game without being pk-ed :/

that's exactly what i did on the original Diablo. I used a code in DHack that would log off any cheater who tried to pk me ... worked pretty well too, i might add ... hehehe

now is protecting yourself like that still considered cheating, legits??

Tiamat
Apr 16, 2003, 03:02 AM
Well, I lost my favourite weapon through the LSOD - legit Pan Arms's Blades - so I hope whoever caused it is happy with themselves and gained some kind of "reward" through my misfortune.

My Chameleon Scythe, Guard Wave, RED HANDGUN +76 and 2 MAGs-in-training as well. *sigh*

People do still play DC PSOv2. Especially on the Japanese servers. I've met some nice new friends on Oberon so, yeah, there is still a community out there! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Logical2u
Apr 19, 2003, 07:36 AM
On 2003-04-15 11:21, pixelate wrote:

ALmost in the first week of playing PSO on my GC, I met someone in my game who said, It is my first day on DC. The other person in the game and I (not the DC person) Just typed a few !!!

zimmk2vgc
Apr 19, 2003, 02:39 PM
I have been with PSO since the very beginning...many ages past. The age of good play. The age of the duper. The age of the pker. The age of the Hacker. It just went downhill. Fsoding and Bosding all a problem... but never and LSOD. What is an lsod? And they call me a legend...

Guile
Apr 19, 2003, 02:48 PM
Yeah DC PSO is a pain..it takes like 3 minutes to load into a game, the music skips, there is one US ship, but it still is where a lot of us began..
I will never sell that piece!