PDA

View Full Version : need advice on my ra/gu

Meta77
Mar 7, 2014, 01:42 AM
Atm I am playing on the ranger side but feel so weak. Gunner i can handle some things pretty well but my ranger its just tough taking down enemies and god forbid bosses with it on higher def. im a 45/47 gu. Are there any rifles or skills or something that could help or is it just how rangers meant to be played. Its way different playing on my br/hu character then going to this.

Blackheart521
Mar 7, 2014, 01:50 AM
Atm I am playing on the ranger side but feel so weak. Gunner i can handle some things pretty well but my ranger its just tough taking down enemies and god forbid bosses with it on higher def. im a 45/47 gu. Are there any rifles or skills or something that could help or is it just how rangers meant to be played. Its way different playing on my br/hu character then going to this.

Well I haven't really played in a while but I know a popular tactic used to be the Sneak Shooter PA mixed with Weak Bullet, that used to be a quick way to murder bosses with rifles, sorry if you're already aware of this though ^^;

martinmeegan
Mar 7, 2014, 02:09 AM
Gu isn't really a very good sub for ranger due to lack of usefull multipliers but you have to work with what you've got. Consequently Weak Bullet is your biggest friend. Rifle PA's to use are Impact slider, Homing emission and diffuse shell/sneak shooter.

Don't forget to use GS and launchers as well. Aiming shot with WB is incredibly useful for certain bosses and Thrillerplode and Additional bullet for mobs. At your level the most useful Launcher PA's are Divine launcher, Rodeo drive and Cluster bullet.

Meta77
Mar 7, 2014, 08:25 AM
But overall they are not meant to be strong. I wanted gunner but ranger has wb which helps a lot in mpas

UnLucky
Mar 7, 2014, 08:33 AM
Ra/Gu is lackluster. Not much you can do other than play like a weaker Ra/Hu or use multiclass TMG.

Try to get Standing Snipe and Zero Range as much as possible, and always hit weak points.

Meta77
Mar 7, 2014, 09:59 AM
dang my love of wb and gunner pa actions T_T.

Kondibon
Mar 7, 2014, 10:10 AM
Can't you just main gunner, sub ranger, and level ranger with COs?

Meta77
Mar 7, 2014, 04:56 PM
Can't you just main gunner, sub ranger, and level ranger with COs?

Ive got certain weapons locked on each that can only be used by one or the other. I mix it up a lot.

UnLucky
Mar 7, 2014, 05:02 PM
So like, just launcher? Gunner can use TMG, rifle, and gunslash. I mean, there's always the Flame Visit for that...

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 7, 2014, 07:34 PM
Yeah ranger really doesn't benefit much from Gu. Gu/Ra is really good. Ra/Gu not so much. If you really want to run Ra/Gu though the only thing you can really do is Wb/Homing Emission 16 or sneak shooter. Gu/Ra on the other hand (or Ra/Gu with a multiclass TMG like GM) rips through stuff pretty quick. regardless, WB/CT combo is not terrible for rifles as long as you can get your combo up. Sneak shooter is fast enough that you can get off quite a few of them before the time on your finisher ends.

Even still you're better off witha good set of TMGs

Meta77
Mar 7, 2014, 08:33 PM
^^^ Ill try that out. yea i have a few 10 star rifles maxed out that I would like to keep but ill probably main gunner then.

Sandmind
Mar 7, 2014, 10:42 PM
If anything, the new XQ stone weapon (bio serie) is all class.

And the new 10* stone AQ weapon are dual class with their respective "pure/natural" class combo. Only exception so far being the rifle and talis being triple class with BR, since they're dual class by default. A stone launcher should come in an upcoming SH AQ update that is GU able.

Meta77
Mar 8, 2014, 10:53 AM
yea i heard about the bio series but waiting for definite info.