PDA

View Full Version : Computer Build

Aussei
Mar 7, 2014, 03:13 PM
Hello. This is my build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/35P63

Please give critique. The case I got is not really good for the motherboard because of USB ports in the front but that can change in the future. Have been slaving over finding the right parts for what I want in a PC. Just let me know what you think so far. Video card is still not decided on. It's subject to change.

Mantiskilla
Mar 7, 2014, 08:43 PM
Everything looks good as far as I can see. Probably the only thing I would change would be the HDD. Caviar blue drives are more for storage rather than using it for gaming if that's what this build is for.

I would spend the extra $30-$40 and get the Caviar Black 1TB drive as it has a much larger cache for loading times and such. Maybe a 2nd HDD as well that you can use for your OS wouldn't be a bad idea either.

If you have the budget get like a 120gb Solid State Drive or just purchase the Caviar Black drive to go along with your Caviar Blue drive (or another Black HDD) and install your OS onto that one

Aeris
Mar 10, 2014, 01:29 AM
Everything looks pretty good but tbh you can pretty much go a 4th gen cpu and MB for nearly the same price and yeah like Mantiskilla said, go with a WD Caviar Black if you can, also you can get a 750 or the Ti verison or 760 as well for gpu price.

DJcooltrainer
Mar 10, 2014, 10:37 AM
I had that case, and it's a little tight. Ended up upgrading to a Cosmos S because I got it for free. If you want to go SLI in the future, you might want to consider something bigger. Other than that, it should be a good build.

Aussei
Mar 12, 2014, 06:38 PM
Thank you very much. I'm definitely going to replace the case and hard drive in the future. And the video card is in my budget. So I'm definitely going to invest in that.