PDA

View Full Version : Total newbie seeking help

darkcrab
Mar 8, 2014, 11:56 PM
I just registered for PSO2 thanks to the wonderful guide based Made by Aida ( big thanks, did use your register number) And im at class creation. Did a little looking around, but was curious on some of your opinions.

In these kinds of games I really, really like Melee, now since this game has sub classing etc, I was wondering what kinda class a Melee-nutcase like me would like.

I was mostly looking at Braver, but just wanted some base advice. Not asking for page and pages, just some basic tips etc on a great starting melee setup.

Thanks in advance, I offer cookies.

Edit: for your humor, it took me 27 tries at the dreaded japanese Captcha wall, than I got lucky.

MountainLynx
Mar 9, 2014, 12:00 AM
Braver is an excellent starting class, as it'll allow you to run both melee and ranged. Once you get deeper into the game, pairing it with Hunter as your subclass will allow you to top the damage charts pretty easily.

UnLucky
Mar 9, 2014, 12:04 AM
Fury Stance, Average Stance, Brave Stance (sometimes Wise) from Hunter, Braver, and Fighter respectively. Learn them and love them.

If you use any of them as a main, you will want to try out all of their weapons. You'll also likely use one or more of your sub's weapons (using special multi-class ones) for various purposes.

And if you're not maining Hunter, you'll want to sub Hunter. The passive damage boosts from Fury and JA Bonus is much too good. Really makes maining Fighter and Braver a lot better.

Obligatory Shunka Shunran (katana PA) everything.

darkcrab
Mar 9, 2014, 12:42 AM
Braver is an excellent starting class, as it'll allow you to run both melee and ranged. Once you get deeper into the game, pairing it with Hunter as your subclass will allow you to top the damage charts pretty easily.

Ok, ill try braver than sub into hunter, thanks for the help

Thanks to you as well unlucky. Just curious, Im not one to min max, but im really stuck between Cast or Duman.

I mean HOW large are the stat differences I mean, heavily noticable, or really nothing to bad?

UnLucky
Mar 9, 2014, 01:02 AM
The offensive stats are really similar, pretty much trading a tiny bit of S-Atk for a tiny bit of Dex. Defensively, Casts have more HP and S-Def (but lower T-Def). And it's quite a bit of HP, too (plus I suppose Dex does play a defensive role as well).

At one point (male) Cast was the defacto best melee race, so you can't really go wrong with that now. If all you cared about was pure offense, then yeah Duman would be optimal. Just don't get hit.

darkcrab
Mar 9, 2014, 01:07 AM
The offensive stats are really similar, pretty much trading a tiny bit of S-Atk for a tiny bit of Dex. Defensively, Casts have more HP and S-Def (but lower T-Def). And it's quite a bit of HP, too (plus I suppose Dex does play a defensive role as well).

At one point (male) Cast was the defacto best melee race, so you can't really go wrong with that now. If all you cared about was pure offense, then yeah Duman would be optimal. Just don't get hit.

Well seeing as Im not good at pso2 yet, ill get hit....a lot...

<.< ~ rolls cast~

Can I assume that the general skill guide on the top stickied page is still relevant, and not out of date by patches/reworks etc?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205010 the one from here I mean

Also going to ship 2 as I heard its the english ship, any guilds or something I can join up with? Gonna be alone with all the japanese folk lol

UnLucky
Mar 9, 2014, 01:23 AM
Well, it's not really so big a difference as to save you should you actually, ah, get hit a lot, but yeah.

The guide is relevant, yes. There may be a few things that need to be added, but nothing is outright incorrect or anything.

Also check out the Player Matchup (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18) forum if you're looking for friends and/or a team to play with.

darkcrab
Mar 9, 2014, 01:38 AM
Well, it's not really so big a difference as to save you should you actually, ah, get hit a lot, but yeah.

The guide is relevant, yes. There may be a few things that need to be added, but nothing is outright incorrect or anything.

Also check out the Player Matchup (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18) forum if you're looking for friends and/or a team to play with.

Thanks for all the help, time to actually learn this game :P