PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Force vs. Techer???...

raytheon07
Mar 9, 2014, 04:46 AM
Hello can I ask you guys, especially those who have technic characters over there, the differences and similarities between Force and Techer? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the one over the other and vice versa and also over PA users in general? And would you recommend a Force to switch to Techer? Thank you very much in advance for your inputs. :-)

Chdata
Mar 9, 2014, 04:48 AM
Force has more R-atk and probably def.

Techer has more S-atk and S-def.

Both have the same S-atk.

Force has charge PP revival, meaning you regain PP while charging techs.

Techer does not, but has PP restore up which increases how fast it restores and PP convert which is extra rapid PP restore. Without Force as a sub, you still gain no pp while charging techs at all, which is a trade off if you sub TeFi or TeBr or something.

Blackheart521
Mar 9, 2014, 04:54 AM
This is coming from someone who has never played TE but Techer is supposed to be more battle mage, mixing melee with spells as it's wand gear gives melee attacks elemental qualities, Force is more straight long range techs. I believe most people who use Techer use it as a subclass for the skill tree, not sure for what though.

raytheon07
Mar 9, 2014, 05:06 AM
^
^
^
okay and can a Force/Techer acquire all technics of all 6 elements or would one only be allowed to have one element only??

UnLucky
Mar 9, 2014, 05:07 AM
Unless you have Elysion, Force is strictly superior in every way for pure offensive tech casting.

And Elysion is Force equippable, it's just harder to equip due to lower S-Atk.

In general, rod and talis are strictly better casting weapons than wand, and Force makes talis a lot better.

Only thing that could make Techer better as a standalone class is temporarily extended Zondeel using Territory Burst. But if you were actually going to regularly make use of that as a caster, you would be Fo/Te anyway.

Blackheart521
Mar 9, 2014, 05:10 AM
^
^
^
okay and can a Force/Techer acquire all technics of all 6 elements or would one only be allowed to have one element only??

Well if you are either of them you have access to every tech, but the Force tree consists of Fire, Ice, and Lightning which means you can get bonus damage to those three elements along with some other bonuses not solely based on which element you use while the Techer tree is Light, Dark, and Wind

Sanguine2009
Mar 9, 2014, 05:25 AM
it depends on if you want an elysion build or not, techer can spec wind and go te/fi for sazan spam very easily with it and the -pp craft which beats a fo/anything elysion build.
however a fo is much better for general use with pp regen while charging allowing them to make use of a much greater amount of techs effectively.
techer also edges out force in mobing in general if there are no forces igniting zondeels due to wand gear though force is generally better for bosses.

really it comes down to personal taste and what you want to do with the class. go FO for general use go TE for a more hybrid style or if you want to use an elysion. either way you cant hope to out do a competent br or gu in damage so just run and be the best at what you enjoy more

Inazuma
Mar 9, 2014, 06:10 AM
If you have Elysion, TE/FO is best. If you don't have Elysion, FO/TE is best.

Ratazana
Mar 9, 2014, 07:12 AM
Best for what?

TE got access to TB that coupled with zondial is a huge boon to the party.

FO got subpar dmg/support.

milranduil
Mar 9, 2014, 07:27 AM
Here we go again...
[spoiler-box]
asd;flkj (http://pandawhale.com/post/1592/computer-reaction-face)
[/spoiler-box]

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 9, 2014, 08:11 AM
Ratatana, I don't think you understand how this works. Fo is a better caster due to the superior tech damage and casting speed of rods. all the things techer gets from its tree, force gets too, but rod is a better casting weapon and the skills force has are better for actual damage. Techer is the easiest of the two classes to equip elysion with. It's the ONLY reason to main techer over force. and if you are going to be using techs for your main source of damage, you're going to be using both classes.

Ratazana
Mar 9, 2014, 08:35 AM
What did I miss exactly? The OP didn't ask for the difference between FO/TE and TE/FO. The question was simply the difference between FO and TE.

Considering only Fo vs Te, Te is a better support thanks to TB, no?

Inazuma
Mar 9, 2014, 08:41 AM
What did I miss exactly? The OP didn't ask for the difference between FO/TE and TE/FO. The question was simply the difference between FO and TE.

Considering only Fo vs Te, Te is a better support thanks to TB, no?

But you can use two classes in this game. If you want to focus on techs, you use both FO and TE. Maybe the OP wants to also use melee or guns, so he can only choose one casting class? The answer to that question might depend on how often he uses techs compared to melee or guns.

Ratazana
Mar 9, 2014, 08:49 AM
But you can use two classes in this game. If you want to focus on techs, you use FO, TE and BR. Maybe the OP wants to also use melee or guns, so he can only choose one casting class? The answer to that question might depend on how often he uses techs compared to melee or guns.

Fixed it. Yes, he can sub any class he wishes and for that reason, I didn't get into specifics and just compared fo vs te.

Anyways the OP didn't say he wanted to blow shit with techs. Maybe he wants to focus in support and that case te does have TB.

UnLucky
Mar 9, 2014, 08:58 AM
Force has better Zondeel whenever TB is on cooldown, though! So cheap you won't use anything else!

Though I've placed in the top 3 in TD as Techer using nothing but TB'd Zanverse for the whole wave. That was pretty funny.

Ratazana
Mar 9, 2014, 09:22 AM
TB, quick zanverse, zondial boom wave dead.

Zondial is a great way to herd people around TD.

Nulve
Mar 9, 2014, 10:19 AM
What's a Techer?

raytheon07
Mar 12, 2014, 04:02 AM
Well I was just planning to go Techer in order to acquire everything in it's skill tree but I'm still going Force all the way. So is everything in the techer tree useful to a Force aside from passive skills(I'm not even sure though if the Techer's passive skills even apply in Force mode??) haha I was hoping I'd get to use 2 additional dash skills as a Force in conjunction to it's own set of dash skills once I go Techer...

o0Kais0o
Mar 12, 2014, 10:15 AM
Personally I prefer Fo over Te, the faster casting and regen while charging are pretty nice, plus it boosts my favourite elements.

qoxolg
Mar 12, 2014, 02:48 PM
I voted Techer, but I am biased :wacko:

For pure casting, Force is obviously the best choice.

Techer is either a subclass for FO, a melee class combined with HU or a hybrid class combined with FI. Techers main strength is that Wand Gear damage increases with the amount of enemies you zondeel in, making it one of the best mobbers in quests that have large spawns. Not very effective vs bosses.

Daemyn
Mar 12, 2014, 03:53 PM
I like the concept of techer but as it is now I still hate techer.

So there you go I love techer and hate it just as much.

If classes were more balanced in pso2 I might like it more than force but not right now.

raytheon07
May 11, 2014, 09:11 PM
And how about defenses: What defense stat/s should I prioritize building if I go FO/TE? S-DEF, T-DEF or R-DEF??

gigawuts
May 11, 2014, 09:43 PM
And how about defenses: What defense stat/s should I prioritize building if I go FO/TE? S-DEF, T-DEF or R-DEF??

It depends how you play, but I find striking to be what I want the most. I can just move around ranged attacks with relative ease since I can see them coming and they don't tend to have wide areas, but striking attacks will hit a large area and won't always be as easy to predict.

That said, I play a glass cannon with foli rear & leg with a 10 pp arm unit. The affixes are elder/tech 3/tech boost, I made it back when tech boost items crashed to 1.2m. The built in striking resist on the foli set is pretty valuable for staying alive at times, usually keeping me at 43 of my total 580 or so hp when Luther does his area sweep if I'm caught offguard.

Sanguine2009
May 11, 2014, 09:58 PM
you should stack hp if you MUST stack a defensive stat, however the best defense is not getting hit at all and killing things before they can kill you so stacking attack and pp will have better results generally.

Gama
May 12, 2014, 06:41 AM
With my build.

TE/FO (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?07rAbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkIofc AIE7bIn00000000Ib000000lb000000lb000008tOI2dsqngAI AbnJIgKIbrAI2000084OdqHkfdqI2FS4QuNIn00000ib000000 j)

Using an ely with lvl 3 unlocked.

Use Charged Ilzan to gather/knockdown enemies. move closer with ilzonde

use sazan until no pp is left/enemies are dead

if theyre not dead, wand wack to my hearts content

enemies are dead and my pp bar is full with a few hits.

great for mob control.

Bosses?

well it depends on the boss, but if mpa/falz or whatever.

pp convert on,territory on, zanverse, nuke sazan. damage is massive.

or

pp convert and ilbarta.

if enemies are weak to dark ill change to a dark talis and ilmegid the hell out of them with pp convert.

so i pretty much use wind for mostly everything, bosses get either wind or ice.

fire... maybe while wandwacking and uncharged ilfoie spam.

zonde techs are mostly used for aoe or utility

light is used in small specific cases "guardian" "falz arms"

and obviously i dont care much for shifta deband and rely on having a good resta 640 per tick with shifta, so around 560 without shifta.

quick resta heals around 300 hp, its good for emergency hp while backing off.

so altho its not as powerfull as a Rainbow Talis FO/TE , by being more adaptable to diferent situations, you gain survivability.

that build feels good to me.

Arada
May 12, 2014, 06:49 AM
One thing is not good in the build: ELement Conversion.
It only works as FO main so it's useless for TE/FO.

Vetur
May 12, 2014, 07:01 AM
Both are good, but it really depends...

If you want either FO/TE or TE/FO, I would recommend FO/TE if you're a caster because force's skill tree has more useful "main class only" skills, and can equip all rods which generally do the most base T-atk, and they can equip Elysion.

I'd probably only do TE/FO if I really wanted to use all of the wands(and melee with them) or wanted to excel most at support... but specializing in support is not so great in PSO2, compared to the extra damage you could get instead as a pure offensive(which would be more helpful in a party since you'd help kill faster and still have access to buffs, I would think).

That is only from what I have seen though, so others may know more about techers, because I only really use it as a subclass.

Gama
May 12, 2014, 07:51 AM
One thing is not good in the build: ELement Conversion.
It only works as FO main so it's useless for TE/FO.
i have Element conversion because when i cap FO, i can use ely as FO/TE

then ill switch between them depending on the situation.

if i need more power=FO/TE

if i need more defense=TE/FO

again i made this build with my own perks, for example many builds dont have 10 points on hp regen. wich feels terrible for me.

Arada
May 12, 2014, 07:58 AM
Yeah, if you have only 1 skill tree for each and switch regularly from FO/TE to TE/FO (or vice versa) then it's good.

I personnally like masteries better but it's personnal taste and your build works so no complains there.

Gama
May 12, 2014, 08:30 AM
anyway i think fo was designed to be a more "static" class.

while TE is more versatile.

te i need to atack in a long range ok, oh i'm surrounded? ok.

fo is more like, i need to be away from mobs? great! i'm surrounded? oh shit gotta move out of here.

Coatl
May 12, 2014, 09:26 AM
Fo is so fun now. Nothing is safe from its nukes.

milranduil
May 12, 2014, 10:49 AM

fo is more like, i need to be away from mobs? great! i'm surrounded? oh shit gotta move out of here.

FO - long range = talis, short range = rod. I don't see the problem here. Element conversion makes TE/FO vastly inferior.

qoxolg
May 12, 2014, 11:17 AM
FO - long range = talis, short range = rod. I don't see the problem here. Element conversion makes TE/FO vastly inferior.

Why would one sub FO as a TE anyway :-? For TE's unique trait, HU and FI are much better subs.

LonelyGaruga
May 12, 2014, 05:13 PM

Yeah, no.

Why would one sub FO as a TE anyway :-? For TE's unique trait, HU and FI are much better subs.

Some people have very...let's say, interesting ideas on how the game works. This forum is a pretty good indication of that.

Gama
May 12, 2014, 06:25 PM
well i gave my opinion over it.

you gurls have fun with the thread.

raytheon07
May 18, 2014, 08:57 PM
I'm still a bit confused on these bits: If you sub one of the classes would you still be able to use skills from that classes in conjunction with the skills from your main's tree? Example is mirage step from both FO and TE used in conjunction: second, will your passive elemental mastery skills from your subbed class still take effect when you use it's corresponding techs on yuor main: Example I mained TE so I can upgrade my light mastery skill. And if I switched back to FO(main) would that boosted effect still apply on my light techs or would that mastery skill be disabled?? Thanks ^_^

Rakurai
May 18, 2014, 09:08 PM
Only some abilities function for the main class only.

In the case of FO and TE, those would be Elemental Conversion and Long Time Assist, along with the rare mastery skills.

raytheon07
May 18, 2014, 09:32 PM
So that means light element mastery is useless if I'm not on TE(main)? I can only use Resta and Anti to it's fullest if I'm on TE/FO?? hmmm hope I'm wrong...

Miyuki_Kamiko
May 18, 2014, 10:42 PM
what Rakurai was trying to say is each class has like 2 or 3 abilities that only work if that's your main class
and those skills on the information have that example Rare weapon Mastery only works if your main class is the class you put the points in rare weapon mastery

what you mis interpeted was Only 2 to 3 skills are like that
as for any elemental mastery status effect boost those work as a sub or main class

BlueCast Boy
May 19, 2014, 01:45 AM
So that means light element mastery is useless if I'm not on TE(main)? I can only use Resta and Anti to it's fullest if I'm on TE/FO?? hmmm hope I'm wrong...

Light techs are not useless have you seen how powerful Iru Grants is...

Rehal
May 19, 2014, 05:26 AM
Light techs are not useless have you seen how powerful Iru Grants is...

How powerful exactly?

Arada
May 19, 2014, 06:00 AM
As TE/HU, I'm currently doiing 1800 per hit (there are 10) on a single target.

A proper casting character will get pretty high.

raytheon07
May 19, 2014, 08:04 PM
what Rakurai was trying to say is each class has like 2 or 3 abilities that only work if that's your main class
and those skills on the information have that example Rare weapon Mastery only works if your main class is the class you put the points in rare weapon mastery

what you mis interpeted was Only 2 to 3 skills are like that
as for any elemental mastery status effect boost those work as a sub or main class
Oh I get it now haha that's a relief thanks...Now I'm ready to set out with my FO. :)