PDA

View Full Version : Mining Defence EQ: How can one be helpful?

MagDX
Mar 12, 2014, 05:41 PM
As of Late, I see many people complaining both in game and on the fourms about how people are being problematic or"Less than helpful" when running these EQ's ,but I don't see anyone tell anyone how they can be more helpful to the group. So my question..

As a FI/HU, How can I be more helpful to the group?
How about any other class combo for that matter?

BIG OLAF
Mar 12, 2014, 05:42 PM
Oh no....

Oh no...

Not again!

MagDX
Mar 12, 2014, 05:45 PM
I apologize if this is a redundant question, I just didn't see any guide or anything while lurking. If there is somewhere you could link me too, it would be appreciated.

Sanguine2009
Mar 12, 2014, 05:47 PM
dont leave towers unattended, use heals, barrier when needed, crystals can mostly be ignored unless they are right there, dont agro mobs then run half way across the map and away from the other players, use your best gear, personal rank does not affect drops but tower hp does. simple stuff really but you would be surprised how often people dont follow these simple guidelines.

also if everyone could resist the urge to argue and just help give advice this time that would be great

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 12, 2014, 05:47 PM
I apologize if this is a redundant question, I just didn't see any guide or anything while lurking.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216389

4 threads below this one.

BIG OLAF
Mar 12, 2014, 05:50 PM
I apologize if this is a redundant question, I just didn't see any guide or anything while lurking. If there is somewhere you could link me too, it would be appreciated.

No, it's not really a redundant question. It's a decent question.

It's just that...

...it's a question that will make them show up. You don't want them to show up. No, sir.

Anyway, read AIDA's linked guide and you'll be fine.

MagDX
Mar 12, 2014, 05:54 PM
This was something I saw, but it didn't answer my question. Maybe I should have been more detailed in what i was asking.
Things like what skills are most effect/ effective tactics more along the lines of what Sanguine2009 posted.
Edit:In reply to Maninbluejumpsuit cause I'm a noob at hitting qoute apparently
Also thank you :)

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2014, 09:55 PM
Bring something that lets you dash fast and stick to 1 tower for the most part. Too many people run everywhere and leave towers unattended. Pick one and try to stick to it.

Use powerful AoE PAs, not single target ones.

When those big red nodes show up, use your best PAs on them. The only exceptions to this are if your DPS is just awful or very late game if you still have burst barriers you can use. Burst barriers will remove these nodes, but it's wasteful to use them if you can take them out as soon as they appear.

In the final wave watch the boss closely. he will charge up a huge attack that sets a bomb next to a tower - usually the healthiest tower in my experience. If this bomb goes off, you pretty much lose a tower, so destroy the bomb quickly.

As was already said personal rank doesn't earn drops, mission rank does. So work as a team if you want to benefit.

Use up all your heals before the last leg of the final wave. After the boss dies there's a final zerg rush for one of the towers. use up whatever heals you have left on that tower. Remember tower health = rank = rewards.

TaigaUC
Mar 13, 2014, 03:34 AM
It's not so much "being helpful" as "not being selfish/an idiot".

You're probably doing fine as long as you DO NOT meet any of these criteria:
- repeatedly starts the teleporter and then cancels it just before it activates
- doesn't heal/barrier towers
- doesn't defend towers <-- common problem
- completely ignores the bomb <-- common problem
- spends all of their time on turrets
- fights enemies alone in the middle of nowhere <-- very common problem, especially with EN groups
- kites enemies around the map for no reason
- won't resurrect fallen party members
- spends most of the battle idling
- does nothing but collect crystals <- common problem with EN groups
- literally dies every 5 seconds
- tries to break all of Ragne's legs instead of attacking the core
- is a caster but never ever uses Zondeel, Shifta, Deband, Resta or Zanverse <- common problem
- casts nothing but single target attack techs (eg. RaFoie, Grants, Zonde, IlFoie) <- common problem
- constantly detonates Zondeels using Zonde and other bolt techs <- very common problem
- has Weak Bullet but doesn't use it, uses it when the boss is near-death, or uses it on terrible places (eg. each Ragne leg instead of the core, Biblas' raised arms, etc.) <- common problem
- is extremely low level, undergeared, or has a bizarre class setup that is factually ineffective (ie. Fo/Hu using Elder Rod and luck gear)

Yes, I've seen people do all of the above.

One of the things that irritates me is people who have a noisy autoword whenever they pick up a rare.
Loot gem breaks, cue non-stop loud Symbol Art spam. Seems like only English players do that.

UnLucky
Mar 13, 2014, 06:25 AM
Use AoE skills on small enemies like Dagans, and your most powerful moves on Goldrahdas and El Ahdas. Try to knock down Predicahdas before they teleport if you're at their spawn, or get ready to react as soon as they appear down by the towers.

If you're the only person near the spawn points, consider moving down to the towers. It can vastly slow down a run if you aggro things away from other players. Even if you're really strong individually, and careful about what you target, it's still slower than having everyone attack all the enemies at once.

Every wave except #4 will spawn enemies in every lane intermittently. Just stay at a tower or hover between two. Remember that new enemies will spawn once the last enemy in a previous spawn is dead, so finishing off a complete spawn is important for saving time. Prioritize old stragglers rather than new groups.

Wave #4 will only spawn in one lane at a time, so you can follow everyone else for faster kills, but you'll likely have to go between blue and green for the next spawn so I hope you can dash (or leave a bit early).

Rien
Mar 13, 2014, 06:59 AM
If you have war cry for any reason (usually if you picked up iron will), use it in the spawn. They'll stop heading for the tower and come after you instead.

MountainLynx
Mar 13, 2014, 12:44 PM
^ This.

Had some beautiful TD runs yesterday on my tank. Minimal damage to the towers, simply because wherever I was, the mobs were completely focused on me. There are a few spawns that seem to trickle in a bit, but the extra hate during War Cry makes picking them up fairly easy.

IndigoNovember
Mar 13, 2014, 02:07 PM
For Weak Bulleting Biblas's abdomen, should I be placing it on the upper or lower half? I assume upper?

Evangelion X.XX
Mar 13, 2014, 06:41 PM
As already mentioned, just don't try to be the Savior of the MPA as if you descended from Heaven or something. Just stay near the towers, unless it's the first wave, and you can take the enemies out. And please don't be THAT dude (we all know him in every MPA) who stays on the northern part of the map, tagging enemies, while doing laughable damage, and therefore wasting everyone's time. I guess the most important thing is to work as a team instead of getting that gold/silver/bronze star on top of your head. And as what has already been mentioned, better tower health translates to beter rewards and therefore more chance of getting an 11* drop.

TaigaUC
Mar 13, 2014, 11:47 PM
the Savior of the MPA as if you descended from Heaven

Accurate description for common Western mentality.
I partially blame action movies.

For Weak Bulleting Biblas's abdomen, should I be placing it on the upper or lower half? I assume upper?

Pretty certain it's the top portion (the big fat glowing part), and I think it vanishes when he gets back up.

milranduil
Mar 13, 2014, 11:59 PM
If you have war cry for any reason (usually if you picked up iron will), use it in the spawn. They'll stop heading for the tower and come after you instead.

War cry is actually a waste of time if you are playing BR in TD. It's faster to just kill stuff with Kanran. If 1-3 Golds spawn, Kanran once, then Shunka them (they should all die in one combo). If more spawn, let them go to tower and/or follow if your lane is deserted. Watch for singular late spawns of Golds during waves 5/6. You can stun them by breaking their face as soon as they spawn with the first hit of Shunka.

IndigoNovember
Mar 14, 2014, 12:22 AM
Pretty certain it's the top portion (the big fat glowing part), and I think it vanishes when he gets back up.

Yeah, I was in an MPA with a few RAs this time around and I believe they all did it on the top. Makes sense now that I think about it since that part is more exposed than the bottom side when he falls over. That and he should only have to fall over once to die.