PDA

View Full Version : Inter-block Symbol Arts

2128drain
Mar 15, 2014, 11:07 PM
I've had an issue for a bit where Symbol Arts sent via Team Chat don't display for me. I can send them to Team and others will see them, and when someone sends one the rest of the Team in other blocks can see them just fine. All I get is "Symbol art displayed." in the chatlog window, nothing appears in SA History. If someone is on the same block and sends one via Team, I can see it perfectly fine.

I've tried emptying out the SA cache, destroying and rebuilding the settings file and doing a complete file check, but nothing's worked for me. Does anybody have any ideas at all?

Aeris
Mar 16, 2014, 08:03 AM
There is a setting in options that allows you to enable or disable the showing of SAs from others, you need to enable it if its been disabled on options, look in communication settings.

2128drain
Mar 18, 2014, 10:37 PM
Ah, sorry, I forgot to mention that option is definitely turned on (hence why I can see SAs from people in the same block).

2128drain
Mar 23, 2014, 05:23 AM
Got it figured out. Apparently they changed it so that if you set it so you don't see text bubbles for Team Chat not in the same area, you won't see their symbol arts either. This didn't use to be the case. Annoying, but oh well.

Dephinix
Mar 26, 2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks for coming back and telling us, I'll let my team member that was also experiencing this know!