PDA

View Full Version : I'm taking my mental health therapist to court

Perry
Mar 17, 2014, 01:58 PM
Hey guys and gals, long time no see.
One of these days i'm putting up a youtube of my life and battle with mental illness. For now though, I have some bad news to report. My former therapist here does not want to cooperate with the disability process so I can get off the street (I'm homeless). So rather than continue to be used as a doorstop, I'm just going to take her to court.

As long as PSO-W allows it, I will post status updates. The mental health system in the U.S.A. is bad and it has less to do with patients than with authoritarian psychologists/psychiatrists that play god over people.

DreXxiN
Mar 18, 2014, 01:29 AM
Edited by request.

Volcompat321
Mar 18, 2014, 06:15 PM
Why do you want to take her to court?
Is she a case/social worker as well?

I work in the mental health field for 7+ years now, and have seen (what I think) what you are going for, and the therapist, or psychiatrist is not responsible for that.

Now, if she refuses to give you a diagnosis, which is needed in order to get the process going, then I can see a problem.
Though, if you are a malingering, and refuse to accept what she says, then you will get no where.

You have to look at it from her view.

How many times have you been inpatient, if any?
If you have, how many times since the beginning of the year?
Have you been going to ALL of your outpatient appointments?

Perry
May 10, 2014, 04:07 PM
I did a search on my full name and this popped up on Google search, page two.

http://i.imgur.com/VBzhn7o.png

So would anyone that's dealt with a bad therapist or doctor have any advice? I might have to run the full gauntlet on them (BBB, ComplaintBoard, State medical board complaint, DHS@Washington-DC.) which should be good fun.