PDA

View Full Version : Verdict between killing bonus VS PP save bullet on RA

Chdata
Mar 18, 2014, 01:12 AM
I mostly end up playing RA to just weak bullet support, but if I ever want to try out the RA main, what might be the better option?

When I say killing bonus, I mean full stand snipe as well. Full power bullet + pp save for the other option.

plan to get light formation 11* rifle too

Kondibon
Mar 18, 2014, 01:19 AM
I heard Killing bonus has a really bad range, AND a cool down so it isn't really worth it. Even as a main ranger you're gonna be using weakbullet so it's not like PP save bullet is a bad choice, though you could just put the SP into standing snipe or something.

Chdata
Mar 18, 2014, 01:42 AM
Any more detail on the "cooldown"?

Kondibon
Mar 18, 2014, 02:35 AM
Any more detail on the "cooldown"?I've never used it so I wouldn't know. It could have been removed, but that still doesn't do much about the short range and the fact that it's probably not gonna be as useful for bosses.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 18, 2014, 03:21 AM
Killing Bonus is the better choice of the two. The biggest issue with PP save bullet is how far out of the way you have to go to get it. Aside from killing bonus, everything on that left side of the tree is required for DPS. to get PP save bullet not only do you need the 10 points to max it, but you need 14SP to get TO it. Not worth losing out no your standing snipe bonuses or weak hit advance, and you're not dropping WB. so after all that you have 17 points to play with. by the time you get to your skill you only have 3 points left which wont even make a dent in the difference in cost during the time that WB is active.

Killing Bonus does indeed have very short range. The cooldown that was speculated was afaik when the skill first came out and we were still learning the range. if you don't like Killing Bonus, some people grab weak hit blast bonus. Use that with Cetus Proj for a somewhat regular PP regen button.

UnLucky
Mar 18, 2014, 03:22 AM
Bullet PP Save costs way too much SP for this to ever be a real choice.

After WB, WHAx2, and SSx2 maxed, all of which work well with WB loaded, you don't have enough SP to grab the Bullet skills.

Even if you were playing as Gu/Ra and had less use for Standing Snipe, I would still say 15% damage with WB loaded is better than 20% lower PP cost with WB loaded. And then you could still get something else to go along with SS since you have so much free SP.

Killing Bonus is great. The range is far enough to get the PP with Additional Bullet, so if you're doing anything with Diffuse Shell or Rodeo Drive you'll definitely get it. I don't think there's a cooldown so much as you can only get the bonus once per action, even if you killed multiple enemies in one shot.

GALEFORCE
Mar 18, 2014, 03:29 AM
There's no cooldown. You can get multiple killing bonuses to proc simultaneously with thrillersplode/diffuse shell/etc. Thrillersplode is the best PA rangers have for dealing with mooks IMO, and it really benefits from KB. Diffuse Shell is also up there, but it can't headshot some enemies reliably. In any case, it also benefits...

You'll have to sacrifice an entire SS to get both bullet skills. That's 15% damage right there, which is much better than power bullet, even if it's only active half the time you use it (as an average). PP Save is a meager 20% reduction in PP cost. I mean, it helps, but it would be so much better if it wasn't so out of the way. Meanwhile you can manage your PP in other ways, such as photon blast and the mag pp regen trigger action.

BTW, killing bonus isn't tied to your action. As long as enemies die around you you get the pp. You don't even need to tag the enemies in question.

martinmeegan
Mar 18, 2014, 08:41 AM
Killing bonus all the way. Don't forget we have Weak Hit blast bonus as well now so you can either max KB and put 4 points into WHBB or max WHBB and put 9 points into KB.

That combo plus Cetus Proi and there should never be a PP issue especially if you have the 11* rifle with the latent unlocked 3x. I certainly don't seem to ever have any problems.

gigawuts
Mar 18, 2014, 08:43 AM
If PP Bullet Save was easier to get to it might be a different story (since you can combine it with the cheripheed), but since it's buried so deeply in the middle of the apparent launcher tree you're much better off pooling your SP into the WHA/SS skills and just getting better damage for a bit more work.

GreenArcher
Mar 18, 2014, 09:46 AM
There is no cooldown on killing bonus but it does have a limited range. If I had to guess I would say its somewhere around 1/2 to 2/3 the range of additional bullet (high quantity XQ floors come to mind where I can stay airborne and fire upwards of 8 additional bullets with only 120 PP).

Many of a ranger's powerful AoE options are close range: additional bullet, thrillersplode, rodeo drive, diffuse shell. Combined with the quick movement speed of super hard monsters, killing bonus will refund a lot of your PP. This will allow you to clear spawns very quickly with a low PP pool and without having to use normal attacks as often.

It won't help much during weak bullet, but it has tremendous value otherwise. As others have stated, you can use left over points to get weak hit blast and utilize cetus proi for PP regeneration.

Dnd
Mar 18, 2014, 11:37 AM
Running around killing high groups of spawns in AQ's with killing bonus is great, you can spawn defuse shell almost infinitely. It has no cooldown and the range isnt as awful as people say.

Depending on what your doing aswell, its awesome for when WB is loaded, as you still get it from things dying around you, not stuff you deal the final blow to, so bosses + trash makes it nice.