PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Character models not loading

Thyfatone
Mar 22, 2014, 04:29 AM
This is a rather peculiar error issue, but one that is completely game breaking.

No character models are loading within the game, whatsoever. This includes my own character, NPC character models, AND Hostile Enemy models.

Anyone else had this issue, or know a fix for it, as the game is completely unplayable like this.

Zysets
Mar 22, 2014, 07:51 PM
Is it that the models stay in the grey form that they take before they fully load, or are they not there at all? Have you checked your connection? If it isn't that then you should check for missing files. If you use the PSO2 tweaker, click the orb, then under there there should be a "troubleshooting" menu. Choose to check the install for problems, and check for old/missing files.

Thyfatone
Mar 22, 2014, 07:52 PM
UPDATE:

Still not fixed. I've un-installed and reinstalled, Updated all my graphics drivers, made sure my system specs are able to run the game, and even cleared 200gb of space on my hard drive.

I'm getting desperate now, and I've tried everything in the "All errors ever" post.

I really need help here

Thyfatone
Mar 22, 2014, 07:55 PM
They are not there at all. I've done everything in my power to try and fix it. I've done both of those troubleshooting tasks, and still nothing.

Zysets
Mar 22, 2014, 07:57 PM
Weird, I can't really think of anything more. It may be a hassle considering the download for the game is pretty big, but have you tried reinstalling?

Thyfatone
Mar 22, 2014, 07:58 PM
Yep. I did that too. Still nothing.

I can post screenshots too if it helps. Everything works, I still get story mode dialogue, but no models to go along with the speech.

Zysets
Mar 22, 2014, 08:16 PM
It may be your computer, but I find it unlikely since I'm using a fairly bad laptop with shared vram and processing power. I really don't know what the issue may be. Sorry I couldn't help.

Aeris
Mar 22, 2014, 08:50 PM
Have you done windows update at the latest and installed DX9 runtime as well for your issue?

Thyfatone
Mar 22, 2014, 09:26 PM
Yes, Windows update is up to date, as is Direct X.

I've just finished doing another missing files check, and still nothing. I'm really starting to think I shouldn't even bother with the game now :(

Dhylec
Mar 22, 2014, 10:31 PM
Check your char model settings in game config.
Do you have enough space on your HD? This game needs a lot of gigs.

Thyfatone
Mar 23, 2014, 03:46 AM
Changing the Game config made no difference at all.

Yes I have enough space, unless you are saying that 200gb isn't enough

Aeris
Mar 23, 2014, 05:43 AM
All i can say is change the connection you hook to your router/modem from wired to wireless or wireless to wired, wish i can help more there but at least give it a try.

Thyfatone
Mar 23, 2014, 07:40 AM
i have tried switching to a wired connection, and i recieved the same result. still no change. I'm running out of options now...

Thyfatone
Mar 24, 2014, 06:28 AM
UPDATE - The issue has FINALLY been resolved. After fiddling with some options in the JP Launcher, and switching to fullscreen, we finally have all the models back.

Thank you for all the replies and assistance with this matter :)

ChrisEpicEDM
Mar 27, 2014, 08:13 PM
UPDATE - The issue has FINALLY been resolved. After fiddling with some options in the JP Launcher, and switching to fullscreen, we finally have all the models back.

Thank you for all the replies and assistance with this matter :)

can you tell us what options you changed?
i've been having the same problem, but with character creation models, i haven't been able to even create a character yet. i'm using the tweaker, so i don't know how to access the options for pso2 either.

Jei182
Apr 1, 2014, 03:00 PM
I had this issue before. I see that it's fixed but resetting all of the graphical options to default (or lowest) worked for me and it hasn't done it more than twice. Both times resetting them helped.