PDA

View Full Version : Help with PSO2 not launching

AngelicSnowFox
Mar 25, 2014, 12:01 AM
I've been tinkering with PSO2 for the past 3 days now. I haven't messed with the game for a few months now and i wanted to get back into it, but for some reason, the game wont launch what so ever. I've reinstalled the game completely one time, erased just the win32 data and let the launcher reinstall them, and I've looked through lots of different problems people were having online in the past and none of them have been exactly what I've been dealing with. when i go to launch the game, nothing at all happens, it just closes out of everything and GameGuard wont even start up. I get no errors or anything of the sort. and I've used the troubleshooting in the PSO Tweaker and it keeps saying that i need to use the fix GameGuard and to use the fix GameGuard error feature and it says it's done, but when i go to check it again in the troubleshoot, it says i still need to fix it. I've also noticed that people say there is a GameGuard folder, i don't have one, the only thing GameGuard-related is "GameGuard.des". I haven't figured out anything to help with this issue if it is one.

Here's my PSO2 DxDiag (http://pastebin.com/g0eXBpUw) if it's of any importance

schnee4
Mar 25, 2014, 02:25 AM
there is a GG folder in the same directory as pso2.exe

if thaT doesn't work, try deleting SYSTEM32

AngelicSnowFox
Mar 25, 2014, 08:47 AM
yeah, I don't have a GameGuard folder, I've said this :<

AngelicSnowFox
Apr 5, 2014, 10:11 PM
Yeah... I've figured out that for some reason, no matter what i do, i cant get it to install the GameGuard folder. I have no clue how to fix this, and the PSO2 Tweaker tells me that the folder is missing and then tells me to click the "Fix GameGuard Errors" button, and it says it's fixed but when i check to make sure, it still has the exact same problem... :<

I've been trying at this for over two weeks now and I've gotten nowhere with this.

AngelicSnowFox
Apr 6, 2014, 09:50 AM
Right now, i'm working on doing a clean reinstall to see if it works, but yes i do, looking at the directory right now. Deleted everything i could find that was PSO2.

AngelicSnowFox
Apr 6, 2014, 06:02 PM
Ok, it works now, i think it just had something to with installing the English patches before starting up the game for the first time and then GameGuard broke and never updated itself, but the clean reinstall worked. :3