PDA

View Full Version : Ilbarta and Ilgrants

Arksenth
Mar 26, 2014, 10:42 AM
Haven't tried them out fully yet, but Ilbarta and Ilgrants seem pretty solid. Ilbarta is compatible with Elysion and now has higher DPS on bosses and heavy mobs than Namegid - a team of 4 Elysion users can apparently bring down a boss easily with it. Ilgrants does a nice explosion of damage at up to 10 hits of 1.7k damage each for me, but the caveat seems to be that it's much better at zero range than far range since the explosions can be a bit inaccurate.

Thoughts?

Rien
Mar 26, 2014, 10:46 AM
Il grants has better homing uncharged for whatever reason.

Arksenth
Mar 26, 2014, 10:49 AM
Hits drop way down though. It's a good tool for Melee Techer though, considering how much damage it does if you manage to get th full hits in point blanc.

schnee4
Mar 26, 2014, 10:49 AM
Ilbarta is compatible with Elysion and now has higher DPS on bosses and heavy mobs than Namegid?

stopped reading there

Alfonquez
Mar 26, 2014, 10:51 AM
Zynetic will appreciate this :)

Sanguine2009
Mar 26, 2014, 11:46 AM
how exactly does il barta work?

Gen2000
Mar 26, 2014, 11:49 AM
IlBarta feels really solid indeed. It does Nafoie like damage but casts like Rafoie/Sazan/whatever other tech that instantly appears on a target upon releasing making it Talis friendly. Only 25PP to boot too and doesn't take forever to charge either. I haven't used the co-op FO IlBarta stacking action yet but just from solo'ing, I like it.

Might be time to consider taking Ice Tree more seriously now?

GALEFORCE
Mar 26, 2014, 01:13 PM
Ilgrants is accurate both at point blank range and from a long distance. Try tossing a talis straight up in the air and JAing ilgrants.. You'll be raining judgement down on your foes with perfect accuracy.

ShinMaruku
Mar 26, 2014, 01:14 PM
So glad these techs drop but I need a bloody elysion....

jiasu73
Mar 26, 2014, 01:16 PM
i really like how the crest/aura thing that ilbarta attaches amplifies your damage while you use ilbarta for even more damage

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 26, 2014, 01:17 PM
I dunno either the AoE on ilbarta is really small or it's 100% single target. Also the stacking only works if you have ilbarta users in your group, it doesn't stack with your own as far as I can tell. So its high damage is very conditional. I did a few runs and found some MPAs with Fos. I was the only Elysion user, the only one who ever even tried using ilbarta, even on bosses and people kept detonating my zondeel, so I have no clue about ilbarta's AoE...so far I'm not impressed though.

Also doesn't seem like ilgrantz gets along with elysion at all. Uncharged I was only doing about 800 per hit and the number of hits seemed to range between 2 and 6 at short range mis range and point blank.

jiasu73
Mar 26, 2014, 01:19 PM
I dunno either the AoE on ilbarta is really small or it's 100% single target. Also the stacking only works if you have ilbarta users in your group, it doesn't stack with your own as far as I can tell. So its high damage is very conditional. I did a few runs and found some MPAs with Fos. I was the only Elysion user, the only one who ever even tried using ilbarta, even on bosses and people kept detonating my zondeel, so I have no clue about ilbarta's AoE...so far I'm not impressed though.

Also doesn't seem like ilgrantz gets along with elysion at all. Uncharged I was only doing about 800 per hit and the number of hits seemed to range between 2 and 6 at short range mis range and point blank.

Ah you can stack ilbarta on your own :)

UnLucky
Mar 26, 2014, 01:24 PM
Ilgrants definitely doesn't work uncharged. Way fewer hits.

Arksenth
Mar 26, 2014, 01:24 PM
Feels like you need some height for Ilgrants to land full hits? It always whiffs on dagans and such. I think the light swirls disappear when they hit an obstacle - so it's no good with walls or floors.

Triple_S
Mar 26, 2014, 01:27 PM
Feels like you need some height for Ilgrants to land full hits? It always whiffs on dagans and such. I think the light swirls disappear when they hit an obstacle - so it's no good with walls or floors.

You figure they'd at least explode on contact.

holmwood
Mar 26, 2014, 01:31 PM
Ilbarta + banish = win.

^^;

Arksenth
Mar 26, 2014, 01:32 PM
How fast does Ilbarta rack up damage and how much does it grow by? Haven't gotten a chance to test it personally.

nathanielzor
Mar 26, 2014, 01:38 PM
Messed with Il Barta a little, seemed like I needed to have more Forces with me. I managed to hit 100k stacking it with another person though, and my Fo is SUPER weak. Seems like it'd be great with Elysion and Ice Tree.

Arksenth
Mar 26, 2014, 01:40 PM
From what I can figure out from google translate, the timer lasts for 5 seconds from the first crest and then you get 5 seconds to amplify it until it disappears? Or is that wrong?

GALEFORCE
Mar 26, 2014, 01:53 PM
That seems to be what the swiki says. It can't be totally accurate though, cause otherwise it would be impossible to solo 800% burst it, and I've done it before. The duration might reset with each cast.

Triple_S
Mar 26, 2014, 01:57 PM
If the duration resets with each cast I can see Ilbarta + Banishing being scary if you're fast enough.

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 01:57 PM
I never seem to be able to stack ilbarta solo...?

Arksenth
Mar 26, 2014, 01:59 PM
Feels like Ice/Wind TE/FO with Elysion would be the best caster now to take advantage of all of this. Even when you don't stack Ilbarta, it's pretty potent with a 751 damage rating - it's not as PP efficient as Sazan with the efficiency recipe, but it's probably the strongest uncharged tech in terms of brute force other than Namegid/Ilfoie (not counting those since they aren't as spammable.)

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 02:09 PM
It seems like randomly I'm able to chain it by accident...????

And uncharged with elysion it hits higher than my charged attacks lol, but I have the elysion skill tree with normal attack up.

Edit: It seems like you can only chain it uncharged if you're solo. Since you can't regen PP during attacks... this makes PP armour a lot more useful to me now.

I think il grants works best from a farther distance.

Edit: No wait, I guess you can chain it uncharged, but it's a lot slower in terms of getting to higher chains I guess. Fighting vol I was able to get to the point where I can quick cast 20k damage splats.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 26, 2014, 03:18 PM
Ah you can stack ilbarta on your own :)

explain this because I cast it 5 times in a row on the same enemy for the same damage. blue energy...thing was on them the whole time.

red1228
Mar 26, 2014, 03:28 PM
I just went through a round of TACOs using IlBarta. There was only one other player with me & he was running Braver/Hunter. IlBarta can be stacked with just one player (solo), but it seems to grow in unusual increments. First four casts would only improve the damage marginally (growing from 4500 - 5000 by the 4th cast). By the 5th cast, damage would grow to as high as 9000+ (no pun intended). I've gotten as high as 59,000 on Ragne's weakspot (that core behind its face).

I was using a 55 Force / 43 Braver with Average Stance active & I almost never use uncharged techniques. My magic character is (by this community's standards) poorly geared. I don't claim to know the exact workings of IlBarta, but I DO know it can be stacked when playing solo.

Daiyousei
Mar 26, 2014, 03:50 PM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23186496 Solo Il Barta stuff here

FacelessRed
Mar 26, 2014, 03:57 PM
From my minimal testing vs Meduna. Charging (not instant casting) Ilbarta. Meduna was taking 80-100k damage from activating it. I can test Elysion and spam attacking as well. But the video seems to be good enough imo.

gigawuts
Mar 26, 2014, 03:57 PM

Classic sega balancing right here. An element and class is a bit UP? Throw numbers at it until it's too strong not to use.

Rayden
Mar 26, 2014, 03:59 PM
it seems to grow in unusual increments. First four casts would only improve the damage marginally (growing from 4500 - 5000 by the 4th cast). By the 5th cast, damage would grow to as high as 9000+ (no pun intended). I've gotten as high as 59,000 on Ragne's weakspot (that core behind its face).

Taken from the Google-translated wiki:

Damage occurs once every yl-converter 1-3 pawl 100%, 4-6 pawl 200%, 7 pawl damage 800% based on the title.
1-3 pawl 50%, 4-6 pawl 100%, 7 pawl 200% in the non-charged. 7 shot first is the main charge, even if you want to get the most out of Elysium.

If I'm understanding this mangled translation correctly, it's saying... Casts 1-3 do 100% damage, 4-6 do 200% damage, and the 7th cast does 800% damage. Uncharged casts do exactly half, except with the 7th cast, where it's a quarter of the damage. With an Elysion, you should mainly use Ilbarta uncharged, but charge the 7th cast for maximum damage.

GALEFORCE
Mar 26, 2014, 04:03 PM
Classic sega balancing right here. An element and class is a bit UP? Throw numbers at it until it's too strong not to use.

You won't hear me complaining about this one though. At least it's unique and fun to use. It's still good even if you're uninvested in ice, and I'm not entirely convinced it's always a better choice to namegid. It's also amusing to have a ritual magic ilbarta squad of FOs now.

And yes, the damage doubles for casts 4-6, and the ilbarta finish is 7th.

red1228
Mar 26, 2014, 04:06 PM

If I'm understanding this mangled translation correctly, it's saying... Casts 1-3 do 100% damage, 4-6 do 200% damage, and the 7th cast does 800% damage. Uncharged casts do exactly half, except with the 7th cast, where it's a quarter of the damage. With an Elysion, you should mainly use Ilbarta uncharged, but charge the 7th cast for maximum damage.

I was just about to get back to you all on that... Guess I was too slow. Upon further use, it seems that indeed: IlBarta's power was growing every 4th & 7th spellcast I did. Just did a solo fight against Zeshryda (very hard) & was doing 6600-7000 for the first three spellcasts, followed by 13,500+ for the fourth & beyond spellcasts.

The reason I thought it did small damage increments was just the result of damage variation. Apologies.

Rayden
Mar 26, 2014, 04:17 PM
I haven't actually had a chance to try out Ilbarta myself yet, so I have a couple of questions. First of all, is there any way to tell what number cast you're on, so that you know when to charge it for the 7th cast, or do you need to count it manually? Secondly, how exactly does stacking it work with multiple people? Does it just work in the same way as if you were solo, meaning only one of the players can get the 7th cast bonus in the series, or can multiple players get that high bonus at the same time?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/199/693/disgusted-mother-of-god.png

Arksenth
Mar 26, 2014, 04:21 PM
It feels like the elements are actually fairly balanced now that ice and light both have their weaknesses covered with the new techs and crafting recipes. Which is cool because you can leave it to preference now that every element has something going for it.

Pugas87
Mar 26, 2014, 04:25 PM

inb4 I used ice before it was cool.

GALEFORCE
Mar 26, 2014, 04:27 PM
From the experimenting we did last night, the count is universal for all players. So you'll only get one finish per set of casts. Obviously you'll get them more often though.

I actually only just saw that video. Elysion Ilbarta is frightening.

cheapgunner
Mar 26, 2014, 04:48 PM
So now breaking Boss's armored parts might get a bit easier it seems... >.>

Gen2000
Mar 26, 2014, 04:54 PM
Nice info and visual sample. Casters needed a good boss killing tech that wasn't slow as molasses so this is nice.

Seems the IlBarta footage is starting to roll in now on nico:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23185738 - FO/BR vs. SH Vol

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23185861 - Elysion FO vs. Gwana

Zorafim
Mar 26, 2014, 05:03 PM
So... ice force is a thing now, is what you're telling me?

Triple_S
Mar 26, 2014, 05:19 PM
inb4 I used ice before it was cool.

If you used ice before it was cool, you didn't use ice at all.

[spoiler-box]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me811aaPTb1qdsjz4o8_500.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Seriously though, I feel like buffing techs is the only case where buffing PAs rather than the class itself makes sense. However, trying to fix a balance issue with techs and the corresponding skill tree segment (especially an entire fucking element since pretty much every ice skill and the ice tree is ass) by adding a new, good skill instead of fixing the old is dumb.

Arksenth
Mar 26, 2014, 05:56 PM
So... ice force is a thing now, is what you're telling me?

<_< Ice Force has been a thing since Lv. 16 techs and even more of a thing since tech crafting. If you can't theorycraft and take some risks in character planning, you shouldn't be playing non-mainstream builds anyway

ShinMaruku
Mar 26, 2014, 06:11 PM
Do these techs also drop from SHAQs?

Alfonquez
Mar 26, 2014, 06:22 PM
Is gibarta a thing now?

RollTheDice
Mar 26, 2014, 06:23 PM
Do these techs also drop from SHAQs?

Ilbarta drops in tundra SHAQ.

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 06:25 PM

That explains why I do more damage uncharged with elysion than charged.

Hahaha.

Are the stats for other uncharged spells compared to charged ones anywhere? Like, I don't think many other spells are exactly half. But idk.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 26, 2014, 06:33 PM
Are the stats for other uncharged spells compared to charged ones anywhere? Like, I don't think many other spells are exactly half. But idk.

The generalization is that uncharged techs deal a third of the damage that the charged version does. I haven't seen any actual comparisons, just some notes here and there for some exceptions (Sazonde and Sazan, mainly).

Daiyousei
Mar 26, 2014, 07:16 PM
It was amusing to see Il Grants home all over the place on Falz, especially when the intended target is broken, it homes in on the next closest thing, Falz core.

Zorafim
Mar 26, 2014, 07:22 PM
<_< Ice Force has been a thing since Lv. 16 techs and even more of a thing since tech crafting. If you can't theorycraft and take some risks in character planning, you shouldn't be playing non-mainstream builds anyway

Okay.

Zipzo
Mar 26, 2014, 07:36 PM
Hits drop way down though. It's a good tool for Melee Techer though, considering how much damage it does if you manage to get th full hits in point blanc.

You mean like almost none since most of it tends to miss when you're mid to melee range, and how it isn't good for melee techer because you have to charge it for it do ANY kind of actual damage, and charging offensive techs is not only completely in-effective in the face of wand wacking but also completely missing the point of playing melee techer?

so it's no good with walls or floors.

Yeah...good thing there are so many areas without walls...or floors...lol.

TaigaUC
Mar 26, 2014, 07:41 PM
I talked about this in the quick questions thread yesterday (didn't want to make a new thread).
I think everything's been covered now though.

I'm waiting for Il Barta customization to reduce the PP cost.

Omega-z
Mar 26, 2014, 08:47 PM
You mean like most of it tends to miss when you're mid to far range, and how it's good for melee Techer because you have to charge it to gain Wand Gear damage, and charging offensive techs is completely effective in the face of Wand wacking which is completely the point of playing melee Techer?

^Fix'd

Zipzo
Mar 26, 2014, 09:17 PM
^Fix'd

Lol, did you miss the part in PSO2 where they added Wand Lovers? Do you know what Wand Lovers even does? It makes it so you literally never have to worry about charging gear, and even if your argument had an actual leg to stand on, it would still be much quicker (see : infinitely) to just use Zan like we used to use.

Sometimes I wonder about some of the posters here...

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 09:28 PM
So if ye are in excess of 175 PP ye are in luck as you need to cast it 7 times for the full hit, a total of 175 PP.

I wish I had meseta.

Also, even before wand lovers existed, since when was charging gear a problem?

You just need to Zan a mob once more or less.

Omega-z
Mar 26, 2014, 09:29 PM
lol, did you miss the part in PSO2 where Charge Techs are still part of Techer's Melee game even with Wand Lovers. Have you heard about downtime, stun-locking mob's, out of range bosses...etc. Zan is "NOT" effective with every foe or in every situation, even tho it helps with filling the bar.

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 09:44 PM
Idk, I've never had issues getting my wand gear up unless all the mobs around me were already dead. Just because you struggle doesn't mean everyone does.

As for out of range bosses, does it even matter if your gear is up if they're out of range?

Also I'm saying it's effective for filling gear, no more no less. (You make it sound as if I'm saying something other than that, so I wanted to clarify).

Zipzo
Mar 26, 2014, 10:05 PM
lol, did you miss the part in PSO2 where Charge Techs are still part of Techer's Melee game even with Wand Lovers. Have you heard about downtime, stun-locking mob's, out of range bosses...etc. Zan is "NOT" effective with every foe or in every situation, even tho it helps with filling the bar.

All I'm getting from this is that you have no clue how to play a melee techer properly (which isn't something that's very hard to understand).

Wand Lovers is the very essence of what killed charged techs for melee techers. Out of range bosses is circumvented easily by stepping, and at 65 we are capable of having that as part of a full hunter sub while using dash weapons.

Even if you don't dash, you can use Il Zonde if you are seriously having that much trouble staying in melee range of a boss. SEGA, even with their infinitely clumsy wisdom, has give you the tools to be an active melee techer without needing to use charged offensive techniques, which are not only just a waste of time since you don't need them for gear, but lowers your overall effective damage.

Figure them out.

If there's one thing that's for certain, it's that Il Grants is not your divine messiah for "Charged techs I can use effectively on a melee techer".

Hell...why even play a niched class like a melee techer at all.

Omega-z
Mar 26, 2014, 10:10 PM
@Chdata - oh, It was more in reply to the post before yours.

I agree it's not Hard to get a fast Charged Tech in during moments when Wand Lover is on cool down to keep the bar fill'd, and to keep pressure up.

For bosses it those the run around a lot, one will always use a Charged Tech or two while getting in range or let it come back to you to keep DPS up. Otherwise running after it is not doing anything to it and a loss on atttacks.

Yeah Zan is great to fill up the bar, But so are most wind Techs. I was saying not rely on it for everything.

edit: I'm sorry Zipzo that your having a hard time working out Techer, and playing it as a straight Hunter melee class only with it. Your just missing out on what Techer can really do. I never said "Il Grants was a divine messiah for Charged techs", the same can be said of Zan. I was re-stating through your words that Techer can be decent with Il Grants at point blank range the same as Zan is used. You didn't get anything from me other than correcting you about the misunderstanding about Il Grants. Rely'ing on a Tree skill alone doesn't make one know everything about Techer. But play as you like, The most important thing is that your having fun and getting the job done.

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 10:22 PM
In general I don't think magic classes are good for bosses anyway.

That is, without a lot of set up. The recent il barta bal rodos, that person had a full ice tree with photon flare, and his PB gauge full already. As FoTe (he was FoBr), my Il Barta at no charge only do like 10k damage whereas his did 30k... I'm 65/65 too. And with only PPC I run out of PP before I can do the really high 7 chain 800% hit. Against stuff like kitties or rockbear, it's not as bad with only needing PP convert. If you're FoBr you'll need the PB gauge still though.

And for other bosses where you can't dump elemental weakness as easy it was just terrible. Vol Dragon used to take me a whole 20 minutes even with ice spells, though Il Barta helps a lot more with that now.

I suppose Elysion helps a lot now as well in general, my above paragraphs are complaining more about casting classes before Elysion had a good latent.

I guess my complaint with charged techs (non-elysion gameplay), is that they feel too reliant on mastery and elemental weakness adherence to do well. I'd love to just see FoFury Stance and be able to use whatever tech I want in almost any situation. That may become a bit op though.

TaigaUC
Mar 26, 2014, 10:22 PM
I wish non-charged techs built up wand gear.
Damn SEGA.

Zipzo
Mar 26, 2014, 10:28 PM
@Chdata - oh, It was more in reply to the post before yours.

I agree it's not Hard to get a fast Charged Tech in during moments when Wand Lover is on cool down to keep the bar fill'd, and to keep pressure up.

For bosses it those the run around a lot, one will always use a Charged Tech or two while getting in range to keep DPS up. Otherwise running after it is not doing anything to it and a loss on atttacks.

Yeah Zan is great to fill up the bar, But so are most wind Techs. I was saying not rely on it for everything.

Please stop spreading misinformation on my class type.

Omega-z
Mar 26, 2014, 10:41 PM
@Chdata - I total agree, yeah techs do have a hard time especially before the newer add-ons to the techs...etc. For a Te/Hu Tech didn't have enough uff to them. But with Na-Megid, Il Bartra...etc it's made that easier but still not preffect. which a mutli-hit box wand gear would be helpful with bosses too.

@TaigaUC - I agree that would of been better. - also they could add the Supports as well to the filling of the Bar.

@Zipzo - It's over move on, please.

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 10:42 PM
Optimal way to play melee techer:

Use it for PP regen only and use Elysion for everything else.

(that's a joke, zondeel wand is pretty crazy)

I feel like endless PP revival would fix everything, except bossing I guess. Then again... isn't that the only thing that's left to fix? (゚⊿゚)

Actually I dunno. I used to main FoTe and now I main 'elysion'. IDK anymore shunka is so ez.

Multi hitbox would be cool.

Omega-z
Mar 26, 2014, 10:46 PM
@Chdata - actually Elysion is pretty Optimal for Te/Fo / Fo/Te and Te/Fi builds tho. Not sure about Te/Br it might be.

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 10:48 PM
TeHu and TeBr would have nearly the same bonus in terms of tech damage, just br a little more, while TeHu has more melee power. iirc TeFi is considered the best cause it increases both techs and melee I guess? At least that's according to Ark's thread.

And yeah Elysion does help with bossing. Still annoys me how it feels like I have to set up so much for bosses, but eh. At least it's better than the past where the game really was designed around party play, and was really hard unless you're in a party. Now so much more stuff is viable solo.

Zipzo
Mar 26, 2014, 10:50 PM
@Zipzo - It's over move on, please.

As long as you are still talking about melee techer branched off a conversation you started with me, it's not over ya putz.

@Chdata - I total agree, yeah techs do have a hard time especially before the newer add-ons to the techs...etc. For a Te/Hu Tech didn't have enough uff to them. But with Na-Megid, Il Bartra...etc it's made that easier but still not preffect. which a mutli-hit box wand gear would be helpful with bosses too.

There is literally zero benefit to casting offensive techs as a Te/Hu anymore aside from trying to feel like you're being diverse. It simply isn't in the arsenal anymore. Trust me, I used to be a proponent of charged techs on the in-betweens, but it just doesn't work like that anymore. Your "correction" to my statement in your first response is incorrect. I'm correcting you.

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 10:53 PM
I feel like melee techer is worthless unless you're meleeing a group of zondeeled stuff.

Are you saying there's no benefit to casting offensive techs as TeHu, "without elysion"? Because as TeFo, I calculated that I'd literally do nearly the same damage with sazan as TeFo as I would as TeHu since it's 20% from TeHu vs 21% with normal + JA advance on Fo.

The only trade off is that TeFo lets me do PPC and PB gimmicks with namegid/etc and TeHu makes meleeing zondeel'd mobs actually useful.

Especially against a boss, elysion sazan spam is still probably better than wand explosions. Against zondeeled mobs, TeHu melee outdoes Sazan, at least last I tried it out. Making Sazan only better for attacking at a distance in that case.

But yeah, having to charge spells just feels like such a drag after you try out elysion, lol.

Omega-z
Mar 26, 2014, 10:55 PM
@Chdata - I know what you mean, Having to have a different set up before a boss can get pretty mess. It's sure not like mobbing where the extra hit's with Zondeel eats things up.

Zipzo
Mar 26, 2014, 10:56 PM
I feel like melee techer is worthless unless you're meleeing a group of zondeeled stuff.

Are you saying there's no benefit to casting offensive techs as TeHu, "without elysion"? Because as TeFo, I calculated that I'd literally do nearly the same damage with sazan as TeFo as I would as TeHu since it's 20% from TeHu vs 21% with normal + JA advance on Fo.

The only trade off is that TeFo lets me do PPC and PB gimmicks with namegid/etc and TeHu makes meleeing zondeel'd mobs actually useful.

Especially against a boss, elysion sazan spam is still probably better than wand explosions. Against zondeeled mobs, TeHu melee outdoes Sazan, at least last I tried it out. Making Sazan only better for attacking at a distance in that case.

There's merit to Sazan and probably now Ilbarta uncharged if using an Elysion, yes. This conversation began on the subject of charged techs, though.

And lol at Omega acting like he can't see my posts or something. Childish.

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 10:58 PM
There's no need to call him childish for dropping out of an argument he didn't want to take part in.

And alright, thanks, that clarifies it. I didn't get the charged only part.

Arksenth
Mar 26, 2014, 10:58 PM
Oh, honey, are you just angling for a fight or something?

As Lord Richest Magical Girl of PSO-World High, I declare Omega-z to be the winner of this slap-fight.

Now go your separate ways and blend back into poverty, poor people!

LonelyGaruga
Mar 26, 2014, 11:06 PM
Te/Hu does not need charged techs outside of utility like hitting stuff that would be impossible to melee or inflicting status effects more easily. Wand Lovers is literally infinite gear. Its cooldown ends before you run out of gear. If you want to melee and cast techs, play Te/Fi.

Dunno what the fuss is about, really.

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 11:37 PM
Te/Hu does not need charged techs outside of utility like hitting stuff that would be impossible to melee or inflicting status effects more easily. Wand Lovers is literally infinite gear. Its cooldown ends before you run out of gear. If you want to melee and cast techs, play Te/Fi.

Dunno what the fuss is about, really.

Oh that's neat, I never noticed that.

Also, why can't psow arguments end like the one in this thread did. lol.

Triple_S
Mar 27, 2014, 12:07 AM
Oh that's neat, I never noticed that.

Also, why can't psow arguments end like the one in this thread did. lol.

Because it's just not the same. Gotta live on the razor's edge!

Also something about poor people, of which I am.

Edson Drake
Mar 27, 2014, 01:30 AM
Ice has become very powerful with il Barta indeed. It's worth it to max both masteries now if you intend to specialise in a single element. I thought Il Grants was weak though I'm building a new Force and it is still at a low-level. Can't wait to see how it goes at 65/65.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 27, 2014, 01:31 AM
so. . . IS Light Force not viable yet? I can wait.

UnLucky
Mar 27, 2014, 01:33 AM
Yeah, Ilbarta is everything Sabarta should have been. It really fills in the gap left by Gibarta/Rabarta (and I guess Nabarta maybe) for long range single target DPS.

Ilgrants... I'm not sure. It just seems like a stronger Grants that's not instant and can miss. You still have holes in your arsenal that Gigrants and Nagrants can't quite fill.

Rakurai
Mar 27, 2014, 04:42 AM
Is Il Barta able to hit targets that are in/behind walls or ridiculously far away like Grants/Sa Zan/ Ra Foie are?

I haven't actually gotten a chance to test it, and I lament the fact that I currently don't have any way of equipping an Elysion as a Force due to not building my mag properly.

Arksenth
Mar 27, 2014, 11:13 AM
Getting back on topic, I'm kind of impressed with Ilgrants. I'm dealing 11k hits on the back of Falz Arms with WB, and that's without any specs in Light - that's the same damage-per-hit as my Sazan, only Ilgrants hits 10 times while Sazan hits 3 times. The damage is pretty significant, I just wish there were more places to actually use it.

CricketJam
Mar 27, 2014, 04:42 PM
Ilgrants is nice. It takes only 1 cast to press TA switches and I managed to solo panic lock vibras since it has a nice amount of hits with an absurdly high tech level scaling panic chance which made it easy for the two rangers in the mpa to fully charge satellite cannon on the rear over and over. Not to mention it's a great solo damage light tech that gains much more accuracy in third person aiming.

deahamlet
Mar 27, 2014, 07:15 PM
Is Il Barta able to hit targets that are in/behind walls or ridiculously far away like Grants/Sa Zan/ Ra Foie are?

I haven't actually gotten a chance to test it, and I lament the fact that I currently don't have any way of equipping an Elysion as a Force due to not building my mag properly.

1. Play te/fi. Not sure how high fighter has to be to equip, but 50 should be plenty plus enough to max out both stances. Different gameplay, I give you that.
2. New mag :D. I made a fo/te mag with plenty of s-atk to equip as force main, took no time at all to get to 140. Requires AC though which I know some people are against on principle or something.

Arksenth
Mar 27, 2014, 07:35 PM
I actually think a FO sub is kind of redundant if you're using Elysion since you're not really making use of that PP Charge Revival unless you're using Namegid. I mean, technically FO is more damage for Ice, but Sazan still remains bread and butter and you get Wand perks and buffs that are actually lengthy enough in duration to be worthy with FI that it makes more sense to do it that way. Wand Gear being viable itself is the biggest gamechanger already, really, and your casting barely suffers if you're Elysion focused.

Rakurai
Mar 27, 2014, 08:36 PM
I really wish they made Il Barta's effect linger on a target longer.

As it stands, it doesn't seem possible to land seven hits solo before it falls off if you don't have something to increase your PP regen speed, have lots of PP to spare, or are using an Elysion so you can hit the target between castings to regen PP.

GALEFORCE
Mar 27, 2014, 08:45 PM
You just have to make sure you have a nearly full PP meter before starting your chain. Still can be kind of a pain if you're soloing though. If you have to dodge an attack at an inopportune moment it could ruin the chain.

Arksenth
Mar 27, 2014, 08:50 PM
Well, I suppose that's what ends up balancing the massive damage a little, right?

deahamlet
Mar 27, 2014, 08:55 PM
I actually think a FO sub is kind of redundant if you're using Elysion since you're not really making use of that PP Charge Revival unless you're using Namegid. I mean, technically FO is more damage for Ice, but Sazan still remains bread and butter and you get Wand perks and buffs that are actually lengthy enough in duration to be worthy with FI that it makes more sense to do it that way. Wand Gear being viable itself is the biggest gamechanger already, really, and your casting barely suffers if you're Elysion focused.

That works for other people. Personally I am not into wand gear or wand smacking. Having extra PP during the first bit of Namegid, plus the luxury of swapping to anything else if boss not weak to ice/wind/dark... plus the extra ice damage, I'm good with fo/te or te/fo personally. I tried te/fi since I have fighter leveled and all I can say is... MEH.

Also personally I swap to Elysion focused te/fo or fo/te build solely for MPAs, I tend to use my rods/talises and different element trees for SHAQs. Well I did use Elysion wind build in Forest SHAQ, I won't lie. Might use a dark Elysion build on Floating Continent when I get bored of gunner in there.

But I'm sure this all is irrelevant for you since you're all about Elysion and nothing else.
You poor person cannot afford the litany of 11* rods and talises and wands I like to play around with are just stuck with your one toy :P.
(I'm kidding, Elysion is a nice relief from all the damn charging but it is freaking boring spamming the same techs all the time, then convert, then gunslash, then PB... over and over... *snooze* I fell asleep oops)

Arksenth
Mar 27, 2014, 08:59 PM
I actually rely mostly on wand smacks these days with species clubs and EWH just because it's so brutally efficiently in AQ mobbing as opposed to taking out mobs one by one with Sazan. But different strokes, I guess.

Chdata
Mar 27, 2014, 09:10 PM
but don't people zondeel sazan normally too?

Arksenth
Mar 28, 2014, 10:09 AM
It's always felt a little clunky to me, because what's the point of having them up in your face when you're just going to launch ranged attacks anyway, and likely need to gain some distance to do that? Plus, way slower and takes PP instead of refunding all your Zondeel cost and some more.

Chdata
Mar 28, 2014, 10:22 AM
if you go long ranged then they aren't always going to be all grouped up ;o

and yeah I melee smack if I'm starting to run out of PP too.

the only distance I need is about one step so I can turn around without walking through stuff

but this is if I'm going TeFo for the PPC gimmicks, and wand smacking is a lot weaker

UnLucky
Mar 28, 2014, 10:29 AM
That works for other people. Personally I am not into wand gear or wand smacking. Having extra PP during the first bit of Namegid, plus the luxury of swapping to anything else if boss not weak to ice/wind/dark... plus the extra ice damage, I'm good with fo/te or te/fo personally. I tried te/fi since I have fighter leveled and all I can say is... MEH.
Fighter sub lets you use a full element spec in any area on any enemy. Considering you won't really need more than one main element in any one area, dual speccing with Fo+Te isn't necessary, and even if you did need two elements, it's likely both from the same class.

But that said, if all you need is the one element, Braver sub is the way to go...

I'd only really use Fo/Te for intentionally activating Zondeel for its damage, or stacking PB+PPJ+PPC for constant fire spam. If you're casting Namegid repeatedly, you should be using Fighter or Braver (with Vibras Bow) for better damage.

Lorne
Mar 28, 2014, 03:36 PM
I actually rely mostly on wand smacks these days with species clubs and EWH just because it's so brutally efficiently in AQ mobbing as opposed to taking out mobs one by one with Sazan. But different strokes, I guess.

I was under the impression that you didn't have Element Weak Hit for your Techer/Fighter build. What build are you currently using? Or do you have multiple trees?

Arksenth
Mar 28, 2014, 03:45 PM
I was under the impression that you didn't have Element Weak Hit for your Techer/Fighter build. What build are you currently using? Or do you have multiple trees?

It's a Dual Wind Mastery and EWH build - look for it in my Techer guide, you can fit both in if you're willing to give up a few points in Wand Reactor and PP Restraint.

PokeminMaster
Mar 29, 2014, 11:38 AM
I've noticed that Ilgrants is incredibly inaccurate at close range, unless you're close enough to have every shot hit it initially... But at a distance, I'm finding this to be one of the most useful Techniques ever :3

Also, does anyone know if Ilbarta has a cap for how high it can go?

Inazuma
Mar 29, 2014, 12:00 PM
Also, does anyone know if Ilbarta has a cap for how high it can go?

7 hits

Sanguine2009
Mar 29, 2014, 01:16 PM
i wonder if you can use friend partners in a similar manner to il foie spam FPs or did they patch the whole no charge thing?

Z-0
Mar 29, 2014, 01:17 PM
No charge thing still exists.

Coatl
Mar 29, 2014, 01:34 PM
El Barta is sorta OP. Wiping bosses all over the floor with it.

ShinMaruku
Mar 29, 2014, 10:17 PM
El Barta is sorta OP. Wiping bosses all over the floor with it.

Are you using Elysion by chance?

Atmius
Mar 29, 2014, 10:56 PM
Are you using Elysion by chance?

Of course he is, hence "El Barta". if you tried without any % bonuses at all, it'd actually do more damagae uncharged with elysion than it would charged with the exception of the last hit.

Rakurai
Mar 30, 2014, 03:03 AM
Wonder how long it'll be before they decide to raise the level cap again.

As much as I want to be able to use an Elysion for Il Barta, it would be kind of lame if I went through the trouble of making a new mag just for that only to have them raise the cap not all that long after.

Inazuma
Mar 30, 2014, 04:26 AM
Wonder how long it'll be before they decide to raise the level cap again.

As much as I want to be able to use an Elysion for Il Barta, it would be kind of lame if I went through the trouble of making a new mag just for that only to have them raise the cap not all that long after.

Summer seems very likely for a level cap increase

UnLucky
Mar 30, 2014, 04:52 AM
lv70 is imminent if Falz is any indication.

But if all you need is like 5-10 stat points, I'd put that on the skill tree so you can reset it later.

Inazuma
Mar 30, 2014, 05:27 AM
lv70 is imminent if Falz is any indication.

But if all you need is like 5-10 stat points, I'd put that on the skill tree so you can reset it later.

So we will be able to equip Elysion as a lv 70 female newman TE/FO, but what about FO/TE? All of my alt chars are FO/TE with pure tech mags, and it would be nice if I could start using Elysion on them when we get lv 70 cap.

Atmius
Mar 30, 2014, 05:33 AM
So we will be able to equip Elysion as a lv 70 female newman TE/FO, but what about FO/TE? All of my alt chars are FO/TE with pure tech mags, and it would be nice if I could start using Elysion on them when we get lv 70 cap.

Unless you want to spec into melee techer with 7-8 points in s-atk up, no. Just get a bio rod and be done with it for tech casting.

UnLucky
Mar 30, 2014, 05:37 AM
Te/Fo and Fo/Fi will reach 500 S-Atk (if you get Chase Adv Plus), but not Fo/Te. You'd need to wait until like lv80 for that.

ShinMaruku
Mar 30, 2014, 10:12 AM
Of course he is, hence "El Barta". if you tried without any % bonuses at all, it'd actually do more damagae uncharged with elysion than it would charged with the exception of the last hit.

Good to know, still fucking useless to me. Don't have that weapon so I never play force again. :P