PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice Bite how does it work?

sesiom000
Mar 26, 2014, 04:30 PM
Hi guys i wanted to know if anyone knows how does the sacrifice bite work and i wanted to know how much damage does it add to attacks.
And do i require to get a lvl 16 disk to get the most atack out of it?
Thanks in advance!!

schnee4
Mar 26, 2014, 04:36 PM
its useless
but it makes you sword blue (no pun intend)

Chdata
Mar 26, 2014, 04:39 PM
I heard it gives like 1.2x dmg bonus.

Misaki Ki
Mar 26, 2014, 05:28 PM
At least Maidoll wasn't wrong.

BIG OLAF
Mar 26, 2014, 08:19 PM
Poorly.

Dnd
Mar 26, 2014, 08:25 PM
with full gear, it takes ~1 second to do all the hits, after which you get a 20% damage boost for 40 seconds with swords.

Not useless at all if you like swords

LordYata
Mar 26, 2014, 08:45 PM
From my experimentation with it, when used on small enemies, it will take three "bites". Three will give you the whole 40 seconds of boost time. Larger enemies will only give you one. Fortunately, an enemy's HP reaching 0 does not end the PA.

Angelo
Mar 26, 2014, 08:47 PM
The weird think I noticed is that you can only get the '3 full hits' with throwable enemies. However it seems like you can get a 2 hit charge from hitting certain bosses in 'broken' weak points (I tested it on the broken Falz arm 'fingers'). Anyone else have any more input on this?

otaku998
Mar 26, 2014, 09:08 PM
I find the PA pretty lackluster, sure it has a dmg boost but you can't even gain that full dmg boost on boss or super armor state mob (don't even mention about using it during TD lulz)

And i never really find Sword needs more power, it needs more speed.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 27, 2014, 01:15 AM
I'm pretty sure it increases the attack speed as well.

I could have sworn I was swinging faster.

Zipzo
Mar 27, 2014, 01:21 AM
It does increase attack speed as well as damage.

There's 3 "pumps" per usage of the ability, and you can only get more than one pump on an enemy that lacks super armor, or rather, can be grabbed or flinched, or zondeeled for example. Each pump increases the level of your buff, but just a single pump puts you pretty close already to the damage you deal with 3 pumps...at least as far as I can tell. It brings the two weaker hits of my over end from ~5-6k to ~11.5-12k, which to me is hugely significant, not useless.

The question is, rather, is there any reasonable way to use that buff well when Bravers fly around with Shunka doing as much or better, much quicker, and much more efficiently.

*shrug.

It's at the point where calling anything new that they add good is pointless unless it stacks up to shunka any, which just hasn't really happened very much lately, or at all. Ever.

otaku998
Mar 27, 2014, 04:27 AM
Lol, i don't know other people but i myself don't really need it to be stacking to Shunka level. Anyway if it does increase speed then my bad, but then it wasn't very noticeable to me.

Also when it is just one "pump" the duration is short, in TD where most enemies only allow you one pump, constantly have to re buff is yea irritating. May be they can make that duration longer for one "pump"

Or really, change it to stabbing your sword to the ground to draw out mother earth power or something...so i don't have to look for something to stab everytime i want the buff.

Sayara
Mar 27, 2014, 07:47 AM
Its probably my 2nd favorite pa close to cruel throw. The idea of stealing into an enemies energy satisfies my demon lust.

Alfonquez
Mar 27, 2014, 08:00 AM
Its probably my 2nd favorite pa close to cruel throw. The idea of stealing into an enemies energy satisfies my demon lust.

r u a vampire?

Sayara
Mar 27, 2014, 08:18 AM
No, but I play one on tv!

GALEFORCE
Mar 27, 2014, 01:30 PM
It does increase attack speed as well as damage.

There's 3 "pumps" per usage of the ability, and you can only get more than one pump on an enemy that lacks super armor, or rather, can be grabbed or flinched, or zondeeled for example. Each pump increases the level of your buff, but just a single pump puts you pretty close already to the damage you deal with 3 pumps...at least as far as I can tell. It brings thetwo weaker hits of my over end from ~5-6k to ~11.5-12k, which to me is hugely significant, not useless.

The question is, rather, is there any reasonable way to use that buff well when Bravers fly around with Shunka doing as much or better, much quicker, and much more efficiently.

*shrug.

It's at the point where calling anything new that they add good is pointless unless it stacks up to shunka any, which just hasn't really happened very much lately, or at all. Ever.

Are you sure you're excluding gear from the OE comparison? SB should only give a ~20% damage boost.

FacelessRed
Mar 27, 2014, 02:27 PM
Are you sure you're excluding gear from the OE comparison? SB should only give a ~20% damage boost.

Definitely seems like he's excluding the gear. Most Hunters don't notice the significant damage change with gear.

What does level 1 and 2 of the PA do if level 3 does +20% Anyone? I haven't been testing it.

GALEFORCE
Mar 27, 2014, 02:41 PM
Definitely seems like he's excluding the gear. Most Hunters don't notice the significant damage change with gear.

What does level 1 and 2 of the PA do if level 3 does +20% Anyone? I haven't been testing it.

Maximum gear doubles the damage of OE's weaker hits.

Also, I think the level only determines the duration, not the damage boost.

GALEFORCE
Mar 27, 2014, 03:19 PM
On another note, I would like Sacrifice Bite a lot more if it did something to solve Sword Gear's many problems. Sword would be a solid weapon if gear accumulation was doubled and it didn't deteriorate so fast.

Kilich
Mar 27, 2014, 03:36 PM
I'd rather have something like Wand Lovers. For example, you lose 1hp per second to keep the gear full.

Mewnie
Mar 27, 2014, 04:13 PM
I was thinking about Sword Gear at work yesterday- it's probably one of the easier fixes for hunter imo. The gear decay is what I find the most annoying about Sword.

Basically make it work like katana gear: no decay, each gear level increases attack speed and charge time and on a successful Just Guard, consumes the gear for a short term huge attack speed, power and charge buff.

So then the choice becomes do you step out of attacks or do a normal guard to keep the smaller buffs going, or Just Guard and go Berserker mode for a limited time and then have to build up gear again. I probably wouldn't up the gear gain much, if at all, cause that'd make the choice to expend gear more meaningful. But this is Sega we're talking about here- and in a world of Bravers and Gunners, fuck it.

RadiantLegend
Mar 27, 2014, 05:47 PM
Imagine sacrifice bite boosting other PA abilities not just standard 20% damage boost.

Lv3 making

Gulity break travel longer, increased impact radius
Rising edge with blue flames or something
Twister fall creating a crater on the ground
Nova strike with increased width/range
Sonic arrow with extra ring, travels longer.

GALEFORCE
Mar 27, 2014, 07:41 PM
Playing around with sword a bit more, I feel like it lacks a definitive boss-killing PA. I mean, I guess Overend is supposed to be that, but it's so rarely usable. I'm thinking of grabbing a hu-equippable fist to round out my otherwise sword-only hunter. Sword feels pretty decent at mobbing with Sonic Arrow, and it has a gap closer in Guilty Break. BHS for DPS would patch up the only hole I can think of quite well.

gigawuts
Mar 27, 2014, 07:44 PM
Guilty Break is pretty nice to use repeatedly due to its fast charge and oomph, but yes sword is a dinosaur. It comes from a time where things moved half the speed and it was the best melee for long term; not because it was necessarily good, but because nothing was much better. Same with HU's tree - it was the best not because it was good, but because nothing better existed.

What sword needs is stopping power, gear to charge when you take damage, and hyper armor while charging PAs.

Also, just counter & just guard should be pulled off of the tree and given to HU's weapons just like katanas. That 5 SP matters man.

MidCap
Mar 27, 2014, 07:46 PM
Verdict: It sucks.

1. Anytime you COULD use it before everything dies, it would have been better to just do one additional Ride Slasher; 40 seconds isn't a long enough boost.

2. You have to be practically humping the enemy for it to connect.

3. It's slow when your gear bar isn't maxed out, and if your gear bar is maxed out, it means one of three things - 1) You're fighting an enemy wave that's nearly finished, 2) You're fighting a boss that nearly any other class can kill faster, or 3) You're in a PSE burst, where you're one of the most useless classes, anyway.

I tried it out for awhile and removed it from my weapon pallete already.

Better luck in the next six months, sword.

I'm really tired of Braver's reign. It's time for it to end.

Also, Guilty Break sucks. There's no damn reason it should charge more slowly than Ride Slasher for how little it does.

Hunter is falling ever-closer to bottom-tier, if not already.

gigawuts
Mar 27, 2014, 07:48 PM
I think its biggest downfall is not being able to be maxed on bosses. That's just fucking dumb, and shows a complete lack of understanding of the fundamentals of the class. Losing it when you change weapons is dumb too, since it's basically a second gear bar. I'd rather see +20% damage for filling the gear tbh.

Zipzo
Mar 27, 2014, 07:50 PM

I was excluding gear, I was just giving the maximum figures. Full gear without the buff is around ~9k.

That's ~3k extra damage on the small hits of Over End using the buff.

schnee4
Mar 27, 2014, 11:14 PM
I was excluding gear, I was just giving the maximum figures. Full gear without the buff is around ~9k.

That's ~3k extra damage on the small hits of Over End using the buff.

OE has 4 small hits, please go back to space

Sizustar
Mar 27, 2014, 11:24 PM
Maidolll tried out Sacrafice Bite on the new Mine Intrusion.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/BgxguVT.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kondibon
Mar 27, 2014, 11:26 PM
OE has 4 small hits, please go back to spaceThe hits from the first two swings are weaker than the hits from the last swing as far as I know.

otaku998
Mar 27, 2014, 11:28 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
Nailed it

Zipzo
Mar 28, 2014, 02:54 AM
OE has 4 small hits, please go back to space

I can't tell if you're joking, or you really are this stupid.

schnee4
Mar 28, 2014, 03:04 AM
The hits from the first two swings are weaker than the hits from the last swing as far as I know.

no, they do the same dmg unless your like zipzo and do no dmg

which planet are you from??? :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

UnLucky
Mar 28, 2014, 03:14 AM
Playing around with sword a bit more, I feel like it lacks a definitive boss-killing PA. I mean, I guess Overend is supposed to be that, but it's so rarely usable. I'm thinking of grabbing a hu-equippable fist to round out my otherwise sword-only hunter. Sword feels pretty decent at mobbing with Sonic Arrow, and it has a gap closer in Guilty Break. BHS for DPS would patch up the only hole I can think of quite well.
Sword's boss killer is Wirelance and Partisan. :L

He's a prophet speaking naught but truth.

Overend does 4 tiny baby hits compared to glorious Shunkami, devourer of worlds and smiter of mine enemies.

Zipzo
Mar 28, 2014, 03:14 AM
no, they do the same dmg unless your like zipzo and do no dmg

which planet are you from??? :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

Ok then...troll...

*walks off

Kondibon
Mar 28, 2014, 03:21 AM
I just went ahead and tested it, the first 4 hits, including the first two of the last swing, all do the same ammount of damage, only the last hit does more.

Zipzo
Mar 28, 2014, 03:29 AM
I just went ahead and tested it, the first 4 hits, including the first two of the last swing, all do the same ammount of damage, only the last hit does more.

Why would you test it, obviously he's being a troll.

Misaki Ki
Mar 28, 2014, 03:33 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]

I hope Maidoll never stops showin' it like it is.

Kondibon
Mar 28, 2014, 03:38 AM
Why would you test it, obviously he's being a troll.
Because clearly neither of us knew, and it's worth knowing, not for this specifically, but for later. It doesn't change the fact that it had nothing to do with what you were talking about, but it's nice to know.

Unless you were talking about the two weaker hits of the last swing. In which case :-?

Zipzo
Mar 28, 2014, 03:51 AM
Because clearly neither of us knew, and it's worth knowing, not for this specifically, but for later. It doesn't change the fact that it had nothing to do with what you were talking about, but it's nice to know.

Unless you were talking about the two weaker hits of the last swing. In which case :-?

Yeah I don't know what you're talking about, everybody knows the final hit of OE does a lot more damage than the rest, Over End used to be like the only PA you saw anyone use, I'm inclined to think you remember that.

Kondibon
Mar 28, 2014, 03:58 AM
Yeah I don't know what you're talking about, everybody knows the final hit of OE does a lot more damage than the rest, Over End used to be like the only PA you saw anyone use, I'm inclined to think you remember that.
Anyone who knows me, knows I barely play with other people, let alone pay attention to their damage, and I don't think I was very active at all when Over End was the current shunka. Between gear levels, hitting different parts of enemies, damage variance, and the numbers being jumbled together half the time I never noticed that the first two hits of the last swing did the same damage as the first two swings.

Zipzo
Mar 28, 2014, 04:09 AM
Anyone who knows me, knows I barely play with other people, let alone pay attention to their damage, and I don't think I was very active at all when Over End was the current shunka. Between gear levels, hitting different parts of enemies, damage variance, and the numbers being jumbled together half the time I never noticed that the first two hits of the last swing did the same damage as the first two swings.

That's fair.

The point is that the guy who initially started this was being a troll.

You I have full respect for.

Ratazana
Mar 28, 2014, 04:17 AM
Pretty much everyone can see right through your "I used to be a troll but wised up" routine. You are still a troll.

Zipzo
Mar 28, 2014, 04:27 AM
Pretty much everyone can see right through your "I used to be a troll but wised up" routine. You are still a troll.

Wow, I don't know if I should be honoured or humoured with that coming from you.

otaku998
Mar 28, 2014, 04:38 AM
Sometimes i feel like Rat entering a thread just to pick a fight with Zip, like a hobby some sort.

UnLucky
Mar 28, 2014, 04:38 AM
You do realize that Over End hits 5 times, right?

Like no trolls, jokes, or lies. It hits five times on a single target.

TaigaUC
Mar 28, 2014, 08:38 AM
More Sacrifice Bite fun:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=42281637

Hu: "Sacrifice Bite!"
Meanwhile, Gu and Br wipe everything out and move on to the next area.
Hu: "Power-up complete! Now, where are the enemies!"
There aren't any left.

Akakomuma
Mar 28, 2014, 11:53 AM
The most successful way I found is to use Guilty Break to build meter, then use Sacrifice, then use Over End.

Is it effective? Who knows. Is it fun to swing Over End faster? Yus.

UnLucky
Mar 28, 2014, 05:45 PM
I think we're at a point where Sacrifice Bite would only be good if it instantly filled your Gear, always gave you the full charge on the first tick (or could be canceled while retaining the full duration of the buff), the damage bonus persisted on weapon switch, and worked with Partisan and Wirelance.

Do Hunter weapons need more damage? Yes.
Do Hunter weapons need faster attacks? Yes.
Do Hunter weapons need yet more upkeep? No.

At least it doesn't cost more SP that a Hunter sub would never need

TaigaUC
Mar 28, 2014, 11:10 PM
I still think charging in a fast-paced action game is pretty silly.
Especially if the returns are minimal.