PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to the Beasts?

Bloothehegdehog
Mar 29, 2014, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the Beast race from PSP2? I thought they looked pretty cool...Did the Dumans replace them? :-?

Daiyousei
Mar 29, 2014, 01:16 PM
I would love for them to return too, maybe in a future episode?

Z-0
Mar 29, 2014, 01:16 PM
Cue PSO supremacists saying that Beasts have no place in PSO2 because it's not PSU.

Also, Dumans were in PSP2i.

Daiyousei
Mar 29, 2014, 01:19 PM
So what would beasts be, cross breeds with some natives?

If they need an origin story in PSO2.

Scale of Judgment
Mar 29, 2014, 01:20 PM

With how the current races exist...They would be taller more humanoid ewoks.

SakoHaruo
Mar 29, 2014, 01:22 PM

in PSO2 they'd be Beast with no beast mode (chuckle)

gigawuts
Mar 29, 2014, 01:30 PM
It's a new game and they're not in it.

Yet.

Give it time, I'm sure they'll show up eventually (probably with Episode 3).

ashley50
Mar 29, 2014, 02:13 PM
They got returned to where they belong, the wildlife.

landman
Mar 29, 2014, 02:27 PM
PSU Beast are just a different kind of newman, more close to the original concept of newman/numan in the classic series, instead of the space elf they became in PSO. Funy thing is that they were the best Rangers in PSU (except for parady), while CASTs were the best Hunters, but in PSP2 they corrected that. I wouldn't mind if they just added furry ears in PSO2, racial difference is usually not that important in this game.

GALEFORCE
Mar 29, 2014, 02:29 PM
I am somewhat confident they'll be in sometime, but at the same time it would require SEGA to program in nanoblasts. Scary thought.

Triple_S
Mar 29, 2014, 02:42 PM
I'm seeing beasts returning, but as humanoid dragonkin (like the dinian type) that defected to the Arks.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 29, 2014, 03:36 PM
Only hints that we could have beasts in PSO2 (but feels like enough hints for me) is that every race that isn't human or cast is a product of genetic manipulation. Theodore is an example in this very game; he went from newman to deuman (that isn't a spoiler. It was in a trailer).

There was also that matter of someone datamining beast base stats a long time ago iirc.

gigawuts
Mar 29, 2014, 03:55 PM
I am somewhat confident they'll be in sometime, but at the same time it would require SEGA to program in nanoblasts. Scary thought.

I've been expecting nanoblast-like photon blasts for a while now, that you can directly control. The ilios PBs kind of fill in that niche, since they attack what you attack. I tried getting ilios imera recently and I'm actually liking it quite a bit. It even follows you closely, turns with you, etc. when you're not attacking anything.

Either nanoblast PBs or a new class with a nanoblast-like ability would be introduced at the same time, although katana combat seems to resemble that to a small degree as well.

I'd welcome beasts really, providing they don't have squashed noses again.

GALEFORCE
Mar 29, 2014, 04:09 PM
I'd prefer it if it were a separate mechanic. That way we could have actual race differences like there should have been. Nanoblasts for the beasts, SUVs for the casts, and... whatever the newms and humes had.

yoshiblue
Mar 29, 2014, 04:17 PM
What if beasts had the ability to find bosses on the mini map during the vision blurs/ roar sounds?

Shinamori
Mar 29, 2014, 04:20 PM
I think Theo's transformation in a dueman is a hint at something down the pipeline.

landman
Mar 29, 2014, 04:27 PM
Racial abilities is what unbalanced PSU the most, basically because Parady Cataract > all, and nanoblast was only used for fun (and humans/newman got nothing until PSP2). I prefer the idea of a class based skill, and just some stats from each race giving a bonus to it. In fact the Nanoblast was just a way to release the extra strenght of the beast, nothing biological, it was like a big furry armour. Non warrior Beasts could not nanoblast, it was just another weapon.

Zorafim
Mar 29, 2014, 04:28 PM
whatever the newms and humes had.

Photon blasts. They had photon blasts.

I didn't really like beasts, because their backstory was exactly the same as Rika's. Oh, you genetically engineered them to better live on Moatoob? Guess who else was genetically engineered to live in a desert? Newmans.
You were created for heavy slave labor? You know what else was created for slave labor? Bio-monsters. You know what else is a bio-monster? Freaking newmans.

I've seen some people that have made beast characters, and they look pretty good. The only real difference is their lips and ears, and maybe their eyes. All of which you can modify right now. So, I'm not really hurting for beasts.

Shinamori
Mar 29, 2014, 04:31 PM
IF we get beast, we're likely getting new class, which means...ugh... Sega would make them OP...?

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 29, 2014, 04:31 PM
I'm thirsty for that extra character slot so I can start over again and not feel like the only one who is noobing again.

Tenlade
Mar 29, 2014, 04:34 PM
I've been expecting nanoblast-like photon blasts for a while now, that you can directly control. The ilios PBs kind of fill in that niche, since they attack what you attack. I tried getting ilios imera recently and I'm actually liking it quite a bit. It even follows you closely, turns with you, etc. when you're not attacking anything.

Either nanoblast PBs or a new class with a nanoblast-like ability would be introduced at the same time, although katana combat seems to resemble that to a small degree as well.

I'd welcome beasts really, providing they don't have squashed noses again.
Most likely they'd have the snouts again, since animal ears and tails are already accesories.

Katana combat gives more damage, speed, and invincilibity now, so I have no idea whats left for a nanoblast to even do. I still hope they show up eventually regardless, as I want to have my character turn into a giant punching beast and have a fistfight with a rockbear.

Shinamori
Mar 29, 2014, 04:34 PM
It would lol if instead, they gave us a race change ticket. :P

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 29, 2014, 04:52 PM
It would lol if instead, they gave us a race change ticket. :P

Well half the available races are genetic monsters already, so may as well. Theo can go from newman at the drop of a hat after all.

gigawuts
Mar 29, 2014, 04:54 PM
Racial abilities is what unbalanced PSU the most, basically because Parady Cataract > all, and nanoblast was only used for fun (and humans/newman got nothing until PSP2). I prefer the idea of a class based skill, and just some stats from each race giving a bonus to it. In fact the Nanoblast was just a way to release the extra strenght of the beast, nothing biological, it was like a big furry armour. Non warrior Beasts could not nanoblast, it was just another weapon.

I agree, it was a bad design decision.

What I liked about PSO1's racial differences was that for everything but forces they were pretty much just support. Your weapons were the meat and potatoes of your class, techs and traps just supplemented that.

Then again, race was just a type of subclasses there. Here race is much, much more meaningful since we can change classes.

I really would love to see meatbags get support techs (shifta, deband, resta, and anti) and casts get a couple status effect traps. Just stuff to supplement what players are already doing. It'd be useless 90% of the time. Also heal traps would have to show up to even the score with resta. Then nanoblast could return as a brief self-buff. A bit of HP recovery (not a lot), extra atk, and extra def all at once for like 30 seconds.

GALEFORCE
Mar 29, 2014, 05:04 PM

The fact that they were handled poorly before does not mean it's a bad idea in general. Racial bonuses give the game more variety and encourage players to make more characters. It's good for the game and for SEGA's wallet if they do it well.

But it might just be too much effort for SEGA when they could just release some new costumes instead :-?

Lostbob117
Mar 29, 2014, 05:47 PM
Not sure if said in the thread yet, but there was the word "beast" in the data.

Bloothehegdehog
Mar 29, 2014, 06:25 PM
Only hints that we could have beasts in PSO2 (but feels like enough hints for me) is that every race that isn't human or cast is a product of genetic manipulation. Theodore is an example in this very game; he went from newman to deuman (that isn't a spoiler. It was in a trailer).

There was also that matter of someone datamining beast base stats a long time ago iirc.

Haven't gotten that far in the story and haven't watched trailers..hmm...That makes me curious if an item in the future would allow you to change your race using the power of photons I guess...

yoshiblue
Mar 29, 2014, 07:15 PM

If your meddling caused the Dewmens to exist, they could be lazy and say this.

"In an attempt to fix Dewmens, you caused the creation of Beasts instead"

or

"In your attempts to save Dewmens, you caused the beast race to exist as well, by your mysterious foe, to continue plans unknown"

2128drain
Mar 29, 2014, 10:41 PM
Not sure if said in the thread yet, but there was the word "beast" in the data.

Yeah, back in Alpha. They removed it after that, but left Dewmans in. Then when the PSO2es beta showed up Beast was there again, but the es beta also had a LOT of old-ass data in it (and weirdly enough enemy names taken from the English patch).

Honestly I doubt Beasts will ever come back at this point. Just get the droopy fox ears or something, for all racial differences matter in PSO2.

Tenlade
Mar 29, 2014, 10:43 PM
They'll likely bring them back whenever they need to push a new class, or need to boost thier dress up ac scratch sales.

ShinMaruku
Mar 29, 2014, 10:52 PM

They could be just like they were in psu since newmans are just that.

HiOc
Mar 29, 2014, 11:10 PM
What if they make them a crossbreed of Lillipans?

ShinMaruku
Mar 29, 2014, 11:40 PM

I just want you to think on Lili and human coitus....

Skye-Fox713
Mar 29, 2014, 11:41 PM
Beast women are the best!

:D :3

Tenlade
Mar 30, 2014, 12:17 AM

but the game already has bunnygirl outfits.

Daiyousei
Mar 30, 2014, 12:27 AM
I just want you to think on Lili and human coitus....

Or for that matter, with any other natives.

Jungo Torii
Mar 30, 2014, 12:29 AM

I can't wait to write some erotic fanfiction centered around such matters.

...But really, that sounds pretty terrifying.

Chdata
Mar 30, 2014, 12:36 AM
psh, vopar citizens are better

Daiyousei
Mar 30, 2014, 12:42 AM
psh, vopar citizens are better

Well Beasts had fin ears if I remember.

ShinMaruku
Mar 30, 2014, 01:02 AM

I have some doujin for you...

Lostbob117
Mar 30, 2014, 01:36 AM
Yeah, back in Alpha. They removed it after that, but left Dewmans in. Then when the PSO2es beta showed up Beast was there again, but the es beta also had a LOT of old-ass data in it (and weirdly enough enemy names taken from the English patch).

Honestly I doubt Beasts will ever come back at this point. Just get the droopy fox ears or something, for all racial differences matter in PSO2.

It's in there again, last I heard they checked for it was when dumans were coming out. I think it's still around, would have to double-check.

lostinseganet
Mar 30, 2014, 08:14 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the Beast race from PSP2? I thought they looked pretty cool...Did the Dumans replace them? :-?

I would think that humars should become beast (Vampires, and faeries too)
Robots should transform in more powerful robots! or can combine with living people
Forces should henshin into...more powerful forces maybe with specific abilities and weakness.

LordKaiser
Mar 30, 2014, 11:53 AM
Beast will be based oh high def stats and weak on everythin else, that's what my crystal ball says.

Ratazana
Mar 30, 2014, 12:07 PM
Beast will be based oh high def stats and weak on everythin else, that's what my crystal ball says.

i.e. useless

Punisher106
Mar 30, 2014, 12:26 PM
We have four planets. I heard there's going to be 7. One of those other three is going to have the beast race on it. Watch. The last three planets happen to be the Gurhal System.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 30, 2014, 12:33 PM
We have four planets. I heard there's going to be 7. One of those other three is going to have the beast race on it. Watch. The last three planets happen to be the Gurhal System.=.= we already have Desert and Forest-ty planets like Lilipa and Naberius. which Neudaiz and Moatoob are already based at.

Tenlade
Mar 30, 2014, 12:41 PM

Nah, the different races don't really have a lot of variation in defense stats. If anything it'll be proficient in S-T atk with Terrible R, Since Casts already took the "good S atk, but Terrible T atk" build.

Or maybe high attack and terrible Dex. Either option is possible.

Aussei
Mar 30, 2014, 12:59 PM
Beasts make my kokoro go doki doki. I hope that Sakaisenpai brings them back. :)

I think they will find their rightful place in PSO2. PSO2 has so much room for more content. More innovation and I doubt SEGA is just gonna let PSO2 stagnate. Lol.

Punisher106
Mar 30, 2014, 01:02 PM
=.= we already have Desert and Forest-ty planets like Lilipa and Naberius. which Neudaiz and Moatoob are already based at.

Neudaiz had swamps, and Moatoob had canyons. :V

Zorafim
Mar 30, 2014, 01:12 PM

You don't have to. Just rule 34 it.

Aussei
Mar 30, 2014, 01:14 PM
Neudaiz had swamps, and Moatoob had canyons. :V

I prefer the forests that were in Neudaiz over Naberius. And Moatoob's caves and desert like areas were awesome too.

Naberius reminds me of the PSO Forests. So Neudaiz I think would add a very different environment. And new species of animals as well. Maybe even doing missions inside the oriental buildings again. ;D

I'd love to see Parum's relics back as well. Svaltus was my nigga. And his sword was great. I can imagine fighting Svatus with PSO2 combat system.

Maybe that's hoping for too much. But they did say 7 planets.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 30, 2014, 01:20 PM
Neudaiz had swamps, and Moatoob had canyons. :Vwatch it be the new areas for Naberius and Lilipa.

Manta Oyamada
Mar 30, 2014, 01:53 PM
Only other really interesting thing I've seen so far (aside from the stat name "SorceryReduction" seriously it's amazing) is some random thing nestled in the middle of the race/class names:

"ヒューマン" (human)
"ニューマン" (newman)
"キャスト" (cast)
"デューマン" (dewman/deuman/duman)
"ビースト" <--this one
"ハンター" (hunter)
"レンジャー" (ranger)
"フォース" (force)
"ファイター" (fighter)
"ガンナー" (gunner)
"テクター" (techer)

It says "beast".
I think that will be revealed in Phantasy Star Thanks Festa 2014

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-YkZfVazWk4M/UxXxl46UlVI/AAAAAAAAYF0/N0InVG1mI04/s450/Arksgranprix2014.png

Akakomuma
Mar 30, 2014, 02:11 PM
Wouldn't be the same without Nanoblasts.

LordKaiser
Mar 30, 2014, 04:34 PM
They will make it def oriented race and it will be launched with a class that use weapons with different def reqs. ;D

SEGA wants you to use Hunter for tanking! They keep adding those defender passives on it's skill tree. XD

Well that's what my crystal ball is telling me.

Lol I wonder how you people will react if this ends being true.

Aussei
Mar 30, 2014, 04:38 PM
They will make it def oriented race and it will be launched with a class that use weapons with different def reqs. ;D

SEGA wants you to use Hunter for tanking! They keep adding those defender passives on it's skill tree. XD

I will be happy. This is a good prediction.

Daiyousei
Mar 30, 2014, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't mind it at all, since race makes little difference other than meeting certain requirements early. I just miss my beast in PSP2 that I sank so many hours into.

landman
Mar 30, 2014, 04:51 PM
Moatoov also had jungle area and large glaciers, the bad thing about the planet were the constant meteorite falls from the destroyed moon in the previous war. In any case we have a fifth planet confirmed, the one were Nova takes place, and this planet has a giant Kog nadd with cannons hmmmmmmm.

Shadowth117
Mar 30, 2014, 05:00 PM

I know how we'll react. Majority of people won't play the class seriously after leveling it and finding out its garbage for damage. Nothing in this game takes long enough to die to require anyone to tank.

So basically it would be failure of a class that would probably wind up lower than techer in the tiers.

LordKaiser
Mar 30, 2014, 05:36 PM
I know how we'll react. Majority of people won't play the class seriously after leveling it and finding out its garbage for damage. Nothing in this game takes long enough to die to require anyone to tank.

So basically it would be failure of a class that would probably wind up lower than techer in the tiers.I agree and I hope that SEGA stops adding tanking passives to Hunter if they're not willing to make player killer boss fights with huge HP.

Only increasing 5 levels per cap lift is not helping either...

But I have the belief that Beast will be high def with high HP or Ability based. Dewman, Human, Cast and Newman cover a lot of ground. The class that comes with it may use Claws, Axe, Whip or boomerangs XD

lostinseganet
Mar 30, 2014, 06:29 PM
i.e. useless

Tank / Meatshield!

Daiyousei
Mar 30, 2014, 06:38 PM
I agree and I hope that SEGA stops adding tanking passives to Hunter if they're not willing to make player killer boss fights with huge HP.

Only increasing 5 levels per cap lift is not helping either...

But I have the belief that Beast will be high def with high HP or Ability based. Dewman, Human, Cast and Newman cover a lot of ground. The class that comes with it may use Claws, Axe, Whip or boomerangs XD

Like a tribal people

Electronica
Mar 31, 2014, 04:32 AM
I do wish the beasts make a return, They have always been my favorite race after Casts.

As far as weapons go I have a feeling (as much as I want whips again...) that the two weapons to be released will be probably either a 2-Handed Axe/Hammer or 1-Handed Twin Swords/Axes. To be honest I'm highly surprised we haven't had twin swords yet...

Random list of weapons I would like to see:
-Whips (Reeeeeeeally want these to be a Techer "status effect" weapon @_@)
-Laser Cannons
-Mags (Perhaps instead of attacking anything in range as they do now and in PSU let them be given commands via their PA's, comboing certain PA's leads to new commands etc. For example You have 3 PA's equipped on them A, B, and C Performing A->A->C will give command K.)
-Slicers/Boomerangs

And finally...what I want more than anything else...

-Unique Weapon Types
Weapons that don't fit into a predetermined "type" that have their own attack animations and PA's attached to them.

Galax
Mar 31, 2014, 01:21 PM
I do wish the beasts make a return, They have always been my favorite race after Casts.

As far as weapons go I have a feeling (as much as I want whips again...) that the two weapons to be released will be probably either a 2-Handed Axe/Hammer or 1-Handed Twin Swords/Axes. To be honest I'm highly surprised we haven't had twin swords yet...

Random list of weapons I would like to see:
-Whips (Reeeeeeeally want these to be a Techer "status effect" weapon @_@)
-Laser Cannons
-Mags (Perhaps instead of attacking anything in range as they do now and in PSU let them be given commands via their PA's, comboing certain PA's leads to new commands etc. For example You have 3 PA's equipped on them A, B, and C Performing A->A->C will give command K.)
-Slicers/Boomerangs

And finally...what I want more than anything else...

-Unique Weapon Types
Weapons that don't fit into a predetermined "type" that have their own attack animations and PA's attached to them.

'Unique' weapons were hinted at. Remember Zieg?

Kikikiki
Mar 31, 2014, 01:39 PM
Being hinted doesn't mean that it's actually going to be implemented.

isCasted
Mar 31, 2014, 01:49 PM
'Unique' weapons were hinted at. Remember Zieg?

What if they meant so called "crafting" we have right now? We even saw Zieg at our rooms talking about it after that update...
I believe they really wanted to implement actual crafting until they realised they had to rewrite entire weapon system, and so they said "@!#! it" and now we have what we have.

I really hope I am wrong. While there is life there is hope.

Zorafim
Mar 31, 2014, 01:55 PM
Before we get new weapon types, we should reintroduce ones the series has created and not introduced in this game yet. Claws, twin sabers, slicers, shotguns, and whips are all just waiting for a chance to be introduced. Axes seem unnecessary considering the similarity between them and swords, and aren't a really common PS weapon.

landman
Mar 31, 2014, 02:34 PM
and aren't a really common PS weapon.
The Laconian Axe that slayed the first Falz together with the Psychowand and the Elysion says Hi :P

LordKaiser
Mar 31, 2014, 02:37 PM
I think that twin sabers are integrated to twin daggers and normal sabers where replaced with gunslash but I do want to see photon whip and slicers. I don't see slicers/boomerangs since the Algol Saga.

Uncle_bob
Mar 31, 2014, 03:19 PM
Beasts were fucking awful and they did everyone a favor by not including them in PSO2.

If they add another race I hope it's not something as uninspired as "pale humans w/ horns lol!"

gigawuts
Mar 31, 2014, 03:20 PM
Beasts were fucking awful and they did everyone a favor by not including them in PSO2.

If they add another race I hope it's not something as uninspired as "pale humans w/ horns lol!"

Hey now, you can make them pale red or blue. Don't forget that part.

Punisher106
Mar 31, 2014, 05:00 PM
I think that twin sabers are integrated to twin daggers

Take that back. Right now.

gigawuts
Mar 31, 2014, 05:13 PM
Take that back. Right now.

They're probably right though.

Twin swords probably won't make a return any time soon. Which is really a shame, because twin dagger gear works directly against ground-based combat.

I wish they would make dagger gear just slowly degrade on the ground like sword gear, and stay locked in the air like it currently does.

Triple_S
Mar 31, 2014, 05:45 PM
sword gear

slowly degrade

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/CuB5A8X.gif[/spoiler-box]

;.;

Anyway, like I said before I do see Beasts showing up at some point. I still hold that it'll have something to do with dragonkin, too (I think it's the only way Beasts could show up), and that they'll probably be less humanoid than they were in PSU so they're more different than Humans, Dumans, and Newmans. Newmen? Nuwave ovens.

As for weapon types, well... I would love to see big fucking axes make a return. Give them a normal attack that hits extremely hard, way harder than any other normal attack in the game. Then make the PAs hit even harder than that. Broken? Hell yeah it would be, but it'd be slow as balls so bosses only, fools. Then we could see slicers as the mobbing weapon for that class. I'd love 'em to be more like PSO1 slicers where they bounce from target to target with the normal attacks, rather than the curved piercing trajectory they had in PSU/PSP2(i)... but bring some of the PAs from those games back because damn.

It could be the next class up from Braver! It'd be called Vanguard because why the hell not.

gigawuts
Mar 31, 2014, 05:50 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/CuB5A8X.gif[/spoiler-box]

;.;

Hey now, this is sega. Not every weapon gear can be as great as mechgun gear. Or, well, melee weapons can't anyway.

TheAstarion
Mar 31, 2014, 05:55 PM
They're probably right though.

Twin swords probably won't make a return any time soon. Which is really a shame, because twin dagger gear works directly against ground-based combat.

I wish they would make dagger gear just slowly degrade on the ground like sword gear, and stay locked in the air like it currently does.

Just because it's logical doesn't mean we have to like it. I mean, katana is pretty similar in concept to sword and gunslash, but it came out anyway.

Twin sabers, twin claws and whips were my favourites in PSU. I'd like to see them return, but twin claws and whips in particular seem to have been amalgamated into wirelances. If I were making a new melee class for PSO2, I'd reintroduce twin sabers and twin claws as alternate PAs for a separated doublesaber and a locked wirelance. Four weapons for the price of two. Leave out wirelance and saber gear, let the player choose to use the relevant subclass for that mode's gear.

As for Beasts... They were referenced in the alpha. They're referenced in the android beta. They're coming back someday, the question is how and when. An expeditionary ship sent away from the main fleet? Maybe the suspiciously high number of humans in PSNova's NPC cast might all turn out to be werebunnies. Right now we can emulate beast gameplay by giving bunny ears, cat eyes and a fox tail to a CAST or duman... so they're going to have to give us something really unique about a Beast player race. Mandatory kemonomimi, and animal parts that influence the nanoblast.

Nanoblast itself won't be a problem if the datamined bronze-level subclass icon turns out to be for a racial tree. Transformation may be laggy but other than that it would probably be pretty balanced compared to katana combat, for which the only downside is that there's a cooldown. Opens up the door to mirage blasts, SUV-weapons and infinity blasts too, though maybe they'd have to share a charge meter with your mag.

Still, it's not impossible within the scope of the game's engine.

Triple_S
Mar 31, 2014, 06:19 PM
Mandatory kemonomimi, and animal parts that influence the nanoblast.

I'm seeing full-on furries rather than simple animal parts because of the accessories. Think halflings from the Shining series. It wouldn't make sense to have such accessories and then add a race that basically nullifies the need for them.

I mean, I know this is SEGA we're talking about, but...

akiraomega
Mar 31, 2014, 06:25 PM
i dont think story line wise they were created yet.

LordKaiser
Mar 31, 2014, 06:25 PM
Take that back. Right now.Well daggers keep bigger and bigger so you don't miss twin saber and their amazing PAs.

Oh and Knucles are getting claws on them -_-

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 31, 2014, 06:54 PM
I'm seeing full-on furries rather than simple animal parts because of the accessories. Think halflings from the Shining series. It wouldn't make sense to have such accessories and then add a race that basically nullifies the need for them.

now why would they make ugly furries? this would ruin their sales because people wouldnt be able to fit all that fur into those loli dresses now would they?

Rien
Mar 31, 2014, 07:16 PM
Don't forget Rika's Claw which inexplicably turned into the Falclaw wirelance.

ShinMaruku
Mar 31, 2014, 07:21 PM
Well Rika= fal and it's a wirelance because sega is lazy. :P

Triple_S
Mar 31, 2014, 07:49 PM
now why would they make ugly furries? this would ruin their sales because people wouldnt be able to fit all that fur into those loli dresses now would they?

Halflings in the Shining games look fine. I'm sure they wouldn't have to change the base model much so they could still use the same outfits as non-CASTs.

So yeah, it basically depends on how many JP players would want to basically shove Alef into a bikini. And I'm sure that's more than large enough a market for SEGA to consider it, lawl.

Omega-z
Mar 31, 2014, 07:55 PM
Well, the next weapon that could come out would be most likely the Pile from PSNova. The Race most likely will be the Beast race. But there could be some more weapons that aren't listed on Bump for Nova also. So maybe we could craft the weapons (since Nova sounds like they combine weapons to make new ones) and turn them into other type's later on maybec.

Tenlade
Mar 31, 2014, 08:04 PM

You can make a duman's horns so small they're invisible and shrink a newman's ear to human size, and you can just flat out give a cast a human face and outfit, with the only difference being thier ears. The races aren't exactly that different to begin with.

Triple_S
Mar 31, 2014, 08:13 PM
You can make a duman's horns so small they're invisible and shrink a newman's ear to human size, and you can just flat out give a cast a human face and outfit, with the only difference being thier ears. The races aren't exactly that different to begin with.

Pfft, yeah I did forget about that. Especially the CAST part (which is funny because I recently was doing Fourier's COs). Like I said, this is SEGA we're talking about. :v

Electronica
Mar 31, 2014, 08:16 PM
Like I said, this is SEGA we're talking about. :v Oh how the mighty have fallen. :/

Kikikiki
Mar 31, 2014, 11:47 PM
with the only difference being thier ears

Actually there is a tiny difference which is the borderline around the neck. It also isn't removed.

But, yeah. Tiny.

Zenobia
Mar 31, 2014, 11:56 PM
Actually there is a tiny difference which is the borderline around the neck. It also isn't removed.

But, yeah. Tiny.

And their voice as you can always tell that a person that is playing a cast in human clothing by their voice always.

Kikikiki
Apr 1, 2014, 12:01 AM
And their voice as you can always tell that a person that is playing a cast in human clothing by their voice always.

Maybe my headphone is shit but I never managed to notice the difference between normal voice or CAST voice unless it's myself.

isCasted
Apr 1, 2014, 02:04 AM

I remember beast girls from PSPo2 looking pretty normalish, you could even see them in bikini at Kraz's desktop.

Rien
Apr 1, 2014, 04:49 AM

what if they use no voice?

It'd be pretty difficult to tell if someone's a cast or not on the fly since you can't just freely zoom in and examine their necks.

This sounds almost... vampire-ish.

Zenobia
Apr 1, 2014, 04:57 AM
what if they use no voice?

It'd be pretty difficult to tell if someone's a cast or not on the fly since you can't just freely zoom in and examine their necks.

This sounds almost... vampire-ish.

Never met a JP player who doesn't use a NO voice come again? And if that did happen it's called character info.

Maybe my headphone is shit but I never managed to notice the difference between normal voice or CAST voice unless it's myself.

Either that or I have good hearing cause I play without headphones o.o/!