PDA

View Full Version : FO Discussion.

Shinamori
Apr 8, 2014, 09:27 PM
I can't equip Elysion,

Now that that's out the way, what would be the 'best' rod in terms of pure damage? By that I mean, not latents that boosts techs. I currently have the Stark Katze (JA Bouns) with Elder/Tech3/Ability3/TechBoost. Aside from the bio rod, would this be considered one of the strongest rods?

Arksenth
Apr 8, 2014, 09:32 PM
FO is kind of going the way of TE these days in how it benefits a lot from a rainbow element collection. Bert Rodan for Fire, Satellite Riser for Lightning, Weddle Park for Dark, Rabbit Wand for Light. Of these, Bert Rodan is probably the most viable if you don't have Elysion especially since you can pair it with S Charge and then PP Reduction crafting recipes.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2014, 10:03 PM
I can't equip Elysion

This thread must be destroyed! Inazuma demands it!

Sandmind
Apr 8, 2014, 10:17 PM
Like arksenth said, fire FOFI with Bert rodan is pretty nice in it's own right. Too bad mine is light element, but I will be able to fix that in the future.

schnee4
Apr 8, 2014, 10:27 PM
FO is useless

Crystal_Shard
Apr 8, 2014, 10:30 PM
I wish they'd just let us choose an element boosting latent from a short list per rod. Also, no Ice boosting latent rod yet is meh.

Going to third Bert Rodan with Fire spec skill tree as a pretty decent choice.

milranduil
Apr 8, 2014, 10:30 PM
FO is useless

Someone doesn't play TD2.

btw-Niji
Apr 8, 2014, 10:31 PM
FO is useless
There is only 1 person who can play FO good.

Should I even say his name?

Crystal_Shard
Apr 8, 2014, 10:31 PM
Ignore the troll.

Arksenth
Apr 8, 2014, 10:40 PM
There is only 1 person who can play FO good.

Should I even say his name?

ahem

-transformation scene-

Somewhere in the cold moonlight night, a lone poor person cries a prayer - the holy voice of golden polygons descends! Thou of Helios, lest the world revolve around me: now, you are born into utter sparkling magical greatness, thy name is ---

PRETTIEST MAGICAL GIRL ARKSENTH IS HERE-

oh wait you said FO not TE.

Never mind.

ChinaSue
Apr 8, 2014, 10:46 PM
FO is kind of going the way of TE these days in how it benefits a lot from a rainbow element collection. Bert Rodan for Fire, Satellite Riser for Lightning, Weddle Park for Dark, Rabbit Wand for Light. Of these, Bert Rodan is probably the most viable if you don't have Elysion especially since you can pair it with S Charge and then PP Reduction crafting recipes.

I agree with this. Force definitely benefits more from having many weapons with different latents than it did previously. I would like to add though, that you could also consider weapons with enemy hunter latents, especially the talises such as kings bit, the block AQ talis, and dagash talis.

I wish they'd just let us choose an element boosting latent from a short list per rod. Also, no Ice boosting latent rod yet is meh.

Going to third Bert Rodan with Fire spec skill tree as a pretty decent choice.

I think the lack of ice latent rod can be sort of patched over with enemy hunter latents until we get one.

.Jack
Apr 8, 2014, 11:18 PM
I can't equip Elysion,

Now that that's out the way, what would be the 'best' rod in terms of pure damage? By that I mean, not latents that boosts techs. I currently have the Stark Katze (JA Bouns) with Elder/Tech3/Ability3/TechBoost. Aside from the bio rod, would this be considered one of the strongest rods?

I wouldn't put in a top strongest rod category atm. In terms of pure damage with that latent it might be up there, but there are better alternatives to getting higher damage by going with different latents than this one.

Sandmind
Apr 8, 2014, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't put it beyond Sega that we might be getting more 11* rod tomorrow in SHAQ. Probably 2 more elements being covered, with the last 2 in the last upcoming set.

As a side note, since we had gotten a talis usable by GU and RA with perfect keeper latent, anyone else thinking we might get a rifle with high Tatk, FO and TE usable and PK latent? If Sega is feeling generous, it would be a TMG instead, opening the door for more viable combo of GU with either caster class.

gigawuts
Apr 8, 2014, 11:38 PM
I'm sure an ice wand or talis is coming. And then a light rid, because lol.

ChinaSue
Apr 8, 2014, 11:41 PM
I'm sure an ice wand or talis is coming. And then a light rid, because lol.

Amaterasu already has light tech latent. It would be cool to get another one though, I guess.

Z-0
Apr 8, 2014, 11:51 PM
Dragon Rod from Sanctum better have Dragon Destroyer.

The rod from F.Cont already does, but would like a stronger one. Would be better than the Dark Rod, since Destroyers are +20% instead of +16%.

Crystal_Shard
Apr 9, 2014, 01:16 AM
@Sandmind: Infinite Conundrum is All Class. Not sure if that counts?

@ChinaSue: That really sounds a lot more trouble than a single Ice latent Rod/Talis would be. I think it'll be better to wait for the eventual release of such a weapon than to try working around it in that way. Also, I don't think those types of latents work with techs, do they?

Z-0
Apr 9, 2014, 01:17 AM
They do work with techs.

Shinamori
Apr 9, 2014, 01:45 AM
Hmm, well, I'm very limited in funds as of now and the only other rod I have is Weddle Park, but it's ice I think. =/

Zipzo
Apr 9, 2014, 01:57 AM
I think any and all inquiries for advice on the best gear possible after the upcoming patch is going to involve having multiple weapons with multiple elements from now on.

It sucks, sure, given that it has been unnecessary for FOs for so long (since the beginning), but as a Techer with EWH we've been suckered in to doing it for quite a bit longer. That being I sympathize with the pain of the idea of having to trick out multiple weapons, but I went through the process already and haven't looked back. Damage wise, it's superior, and that's what FO's will have to do.

Kayarine
Apr 9, 2014, 02:05 AM
I think it might be ok for a budget Fo to go fire FoFi or FoTe with Bert Rodan + Heretically/bio talis. Fire has a well rounded selection of techs which work for many things. They won't be able to oneshot things not weak to fire and will have some difficulties with dragon bosses, but budget has never been about being the best.

Elysion Sazan+Ilbarta TeFo/FoTe is also a thing with only one tree for each, but I personally dislike it for running TACOs. (And FoTe will still require S-ATK on mag after the level cap increase.)

ShimapanCat
Apr 9, 2014, 02:09 AM
Random question . . . If I have a 50% fire rod, will I notice a change in damage towards enemies weak to fire?

Zipzo
Apr 9, 2014, 02:11 AM
Random question . . . If I have a 50% fire rod, will I notice a change in damage towards enemies weak to fire?

You will after the patch with the elemental conversation skill when using a fire tech on said weak enemies.

ShimapanCat
Apr 9, 2014, 02:14 AM
Okay, thank you very much ^^

Crystal_Shard
Apr 9, 2014, 02:27 AM
I think any and all inquiries for advice on the best gear possible after the upcoming patch is going to involve having multiple weapons with multiple elements from now on.

It sucks, sure, given that it has been unnecessary for FOs for so long (since the beginning), but as a Techer with EWH we've been suckered in to doing it for quite a bit longer. That being I sympathize with the pain of the idea of having to trick out multiple weapons, but I went through the process already and haven't looked back. Damage wise, it's superior, and that's what FO's will have to do.

I concur. I cheated a bit with my TE/FO by getting the 7* wands with element latents, but as more higher powered rods and wands with elemental latents get introduced, it's going to be a must to equip most, if not all of them to get the best output.

...I don't look forward to that meseta bill though.

Looking at it from a budget perspective, I think just getting three out of six elements should be more than sufficient to power FOs on a budget though.

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2014, 03:25 AM
Yeah, it's pretty much a necessity to use a different weapon for each element.

Which gets especially bad if you use the same element on each a rod/talis/wand.

Was hoping the Bio Talis would come as 30 Ice, but the Bio Rod already does, and Bloody Moon weapons are all Wind/Fire.

Leerius
Jun 14, 2014, 01:54 PM
Kind of a revival but, how viable are Elysion builds since ilmegid ?

TehCubey
Jun 14, 2014, 03:20 PM
Very viable. Ilmegid is babby's first technic, real Pro Forces (TM) do it with ilbarta.