PDA

View Full Version : How do you level up Crafting?

Silver Crow
Apr 12, 2014, 07:16 AM
Hiya, I took a break from the game for a around 6 months, I'm back now, I can't quite get my head around Crafting. I kept extending lots of junk weapons to try and raise my level but it isn't going up, I'm lvl 3 in Extending.

I tried searching the forum, and using google, but i can't seem to find a guide, I want to be able to max out my crafting and have already got premium and all the extra slots unlocked (apart from the craft lvl 5 and 15 one)

I read the Crafting stuff on Cirnopedia as well. Could anyone explain how you raise your level?

edit: crap, after extending 7 more things it finally raised. i thought it stopped cause of how slow i was leveling. new question, what is the fasting way to level up?

isCasted
Apr 12, 2014, 07:25 AM
You raise your craft level by unlocking crafting achievements. You can see those (and your progress at unlocking them) under "Craft" menu at Visiphone. Typically it's something like "Craft X items of specified rarity" or "Get Great Success! Y times".

However it's not worth to spend your meseta and time (and especially AC!) to level it, because so far it didn't get any good use other than making lagless multiclass dashing daggers or multiclassing weapons with "Skilled Trainer" latent, and even those depend on luck. If your weapon is good and you craft it, it will be broken no matter what your crafting level is!

Silver Crow
Apr 12, 2014, 07:29 AM
You raise your craft level by unlocking crafting achievements. You can see those (and your progress at unlocking them) under "Craft" menu at Visiphone. Typically it's something like "Craft X items of specified rarity" or "Get Great Success! Y times".

However it's not worth to spend your meseta and time (and especially AC!) to level it, because so far it didn't get any good use other than making lagless multiclass dashing daggers or multiclassing weapons with "Skilled Trainer" latent, and even those depend on luck.

Oh, but it made my Katana's attack on par with something of higher rarity. It's a 6 star Katana and it has almost 800 attack now :o I thought crafting was a huge thing

isCasted
Apr 12, 2014, 07:57 AM
Oh, but it made my Katana's attack on par with something of higher rarity. It's a 6 star Katana and it has almost 800 attack now :o I thought crafting was a huge thing

It sets ATK/DEF/requirement values of equipment to certain preset values (all recipes can be seen at visiphone too), so bad equipment gets better while good equipment gets worse.

Yeah, 800 S-ATK is a high value and 6* weapon definitely gained some power, but you should take into account that 7*+ weapons lose their DEX bonus (which is not a thing for 6*), so your damage variance will be huge if you use crafted weapon compared to uncrafted weapon with same ATK value. That's why you should NEVER craft 10* weapons or especially bother to get materials from 10* and 11*.

Besides that:

1) If weapon was multiclass, it's lost. You have to hope for Great Success! (no kidding, that's how game refers to it) to get that back or use special AC Scratch items to add one class you need the most.

2) If weapon had non-standard stat or requirement (For example, Susano Guren Katana has T-ATK on it and requires T-DEF instead of DEX), those are lost and overwritten based on a recipe. The reason why you'd want to craft one weapon over another one is its potential (that's why you can want to craft (Ebony) Nyobo - you need it for "Skilled Trainer" and not to do damage).

3) If unit had hidden HP/PP/resistance bonuses, those are lost and overwritten by a recipe. Unlike with weapons, units don't have DEX bonus that can be lost, and their stats get higher at later levels, sometimes making individual unit bonuses negligible. Set bonus is not lost, so that's also how you prefer crafting some units over others.
Crafting units like 9* Tian ones will actually give you benefit as individually they give negligible resistances (comparable to Ranged recipe) and nothing else, while in set they give you R-ATK and PP (in the end it's better to get their actual upgrade - 10* Gwanman set). Crafting units like White Tail (gives 10 PP alone) or Ing Plate (100 HP) that don't belong to any set will make them pretty much lose their purpose.

Crafting system is a massive disappointment, really.

Silver Crow
Apr 12, 2014, 08:43 AM
It sets ATK/DEF/requirement values of equipment to certain preset values (all recipes can be seen at visiphone too), so bad equipment gets better while good equipment gets worse.

Yeah, 800 S-ATK is a high value and 6* weapon definitely gained some power, but you should take into account that 7*+ weapons lose their DEX bonus (which is not a thing for 6*), so your damage variance will be huge if you use crafted weapon compared to uncrafted weapon with same ATK value. That's why you should NEVER craft 10* weapons or especially bother to get materials from 10* and 11*.

Besides that:

1) If weapon was multiclass, it's lost. You have to hope for Great Success! (no kidding, that's how game refers to it) to get that back or use special AC Scratch items to add one class you need the most.

2) If weapon had non-standard stat or requirement (For example, Susano Guren Katana has T-ATK on it and requires T-DEF instead of DEX), those are lost and overwritten based on a recipe. The reason why you'd want to craft one weapon over another one is its potential (that's why you can want to craft (Ebony) Nyobo - you need it for "Skilled Trainer" and not to do damage).

3) If unit had hidden HP/PP/resistance bonuses, those are lost and overwritten by a recipe. Unlike with weapons, units don't have DEX bonus that can be lost, and their stats get higher at later levels, sometimes making individual unit bonuses negligible. Set bonus is not lost, so that's also how you prefer crafting some units over others.
Crafting units like 9* Tian ones will actually give you benefit as individually they give negligible resistances (comparable to Ranged recipe) and nothing else, while in set they give you R-ATK and PP (in the end it's better to get their actual upgrade - 10* Gwanman set). Crafting units like White Tail (gives 10 PP alone) or Ing Plate (100 HP) that don't belong to any set will make them pretty much lose their purpose.

Crafting system is a massive disappointment, really.

ohhh, thanks for explaining this, really helped.

Greyvorg
Apr 13, 2014, 04:07 AM
Crafting isn't worth leveling up but it is worth using if you want a budget weapon that's functional and semi-cheap. If you can get say +10 kalicizma with 50% ele, any lvl latent, and QuartzPow3 affix and max extend that, it puts out more DPS than your 30% ele +10 susano with the same affix and lvl latent and would have cost less money and way less time. I'm arbitrarily saying 30% ele on the susano since unless you're either loaded and prem or extremely lucky, you won't be getting that susano to 50% ele.

TL;DR: Don't level crafting since it's not worth it atm, but it's rly good for casual/budget players who want DPS comparable to absurd drop rate rare weapons.

Sidenote: Unit extends are never worth it since the hidden bonuses of units + their set bonuses are worth way more than the defensive stats/crappy hiddens they provide.