PDA

View Full Version : Speculate: Gunslashes with gear/use techs

Nitro Vordex
Apr 15, 2014, 05:51 PM
So we know that Gunslashes can be used by everyone (duh). We also know that they're generally not a prime situational choice e.g. never. So, if we had to create a gear(or gears, depending if class specific), what would you guys like to create? Also, for the Forces/Techers, would you like to see techs put on your Gunslash? Maybe give them a boost in power, like use the charged version, but cost more PP to use?

Sacrificial
Apr 15, 2014, 06:05 PM
hmm. maybe a gunshot during each slashing attack in melee mode would be nice,with a boosted attack speed. And in gunmode.......eeh. two? yes TWO bullets with raised ratk! You would have to raise at least one bar with each mode in attack and the third is a free choice. Switching mode would activate it.

Or sega style:
Raise critical hit rate by x%

pkemr4
Apr 15, 2014, 06:13 PM
increased damage as gear fills up. would make Ra/Hu even better at mobbing.

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2014, 06:18 PM
Old ideas:

Fighter Gear: Up to 35% more hits (facilitates chase)
Hunter Gear: Hyper armor for more attacks and better flinch
Ranger: Can store weak bullet
Gunner: Extra shots from normals
Force: Actually I had something similar to the weapon attribute mastery skill in mind. Maybe make it the full amount, instead of half of it?
Techer: Wand Gear works on normal gunslash melee strikes, at reduced damage (to make up for the faster swing speed).
Braver: Fuck I don't know maybe Katana Combat works with it.

Kilich
Apr 15, 2014, 06:21 PM
They should make Gunslash the new FotM with an OP PA that doesn't benefit from almost anything.

True balance.

Radical Dreamer
Apr 15, 2014, 06:22 PM
I'd like if every class had their own Gunslash Gear, but you'd only have access to the Gear of your main class. As for the effects... Hm...

Hunter: Sword mode fires a short-range sword wave with every swing. Attacking with any mode fills a three-tier gauge that grants a damage boost to PAs.

Ranger: Gun mode becomes a burstfire pistol that fires two rapid shots with every button press. Each shot does about 65% damage, but regens the same amount of PP as a normal shot.

Force: Can equip Technics to your PA slots. Technics can't be charged normally, but Just-Attacking into your Technics will automatically charge them. Damage bonuses are reduced, though.

Fighter: Attacking with sword mode causes you to move closer to your target, similar to Katana Combat but with less range. Both modes also gain a speed boost.

Gunner: Gun mode fires shotgun rounds like those used at the end of Elder Rebellion and Infinity Fire. Range is reduced, but damage and knockdown is upped.

Techer: Can equip Technics to your PA slots. Technics can't be charged normally, but your attacks now generate Tech Explosions. They aren't as powerful as Wand Explosions, but have a better chance at proccing status effects.

Braver: I dunno. >_>

schnee4
Apr 15, 2014, 06:31 PM
sega already made enough useless PA

yoshiblue
Apr 15, 2014, 06:42 PM
Could give unique access to earth techs.

Hunter: Breaks parts easier
Ranger: Shots applies slow to all foes (Heh, slower Banthers)
Force: Access to Diga line
Fighter: Cross counter, swinging can act as a perfect block if parried right.
Gunner: Can use Srolls. (Give it a lightsaber/ brand skin and you're set)
Techer: Earth Bullet and access to wand gear
Braver: Chance for unique bleed. Can stack with poison and burn.

Triple_S
Apr 15, 2014, 06:57 PM
That's a good point actually: why do we not have Earth Bullet yet?

gigawuts
Apr 15, 2014, 07:17 PM
Could give unique access to earth techs.

Hunter: Breaks parts easier
Ranger: Shots applies slow to all foes (Heh, slower Banthers)
Force: Access to Diga line
Fighter: Cross counter, swinging can act as a perfect block if parried right.
Gunner: Can use Srolls. (Give it a lightsaber/ brand skin and you're set)
Techer: Earth Bullet and access to wand gear
Braver: Chance for unique bleed. Can stack with poison and burn.

I have wanted water and earth techs for too long, and I secretly hope they come out with the next tech class (which would get masteries for them).

Vampy
Apr 15, 2014, 07:20 PM
I've been thinking of this for a long time but could never think of a proper way to apply gear across all classes.

Triple_S
Apr 15, 2014, 07:36 PM
I've been thinking of this for a long time but could never think of a proper way to apply gear across all classes.

Knowing SEGA it'd be a skill placed seemingly at random in each class' tree. It'd be main-class only and always buried in the class' worst skills.

I'd prefer if it was just a built-in aspect of the weapon that changed dynamically based on your main class, but there was a way to override it (say, via crafting) so that it used your subclass' gear effect instead.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 15, 2014, 07:43 PM
braver gunslash gear: when gauge is filled, press Shift to do a KC finisher ^^ you're welcome

Vampy
Apr 15, 2014, 07:49 PM
I was thinking about that just now possibly it can gain attributes from the class using it. Kind of like a hidden passive skill maybe not apply gear at all but take advantage of each classes strengths. But not sure how to apply it to each class possibly ranger fighter also possibly force have like the ability to use PAs but combine the effects of something like shock panic poison and so on or make unique PAs that behave as techniques.

This is just my opinion not a game developer but I am not afraid to state what I feel even if I may be wrong in my train of thought.

Xaelouse
Apr 15, 2014, 08:59 PM
if fury stance isn't getting its r-atk bonuses taken away, then gunslash gear is better off just being on the hunter tree
It should be like sword gear as well, but only in a way that adds various effects to PAs that need it. Speed increase for kreisenschlag, for example. Stock gears like partizan/wl/ds. Only normal attacks and certain PAs build gear.
Gear builders:
Tri-impact
Additional Bullet
Regenschlag
Ein Rakaten

Uses gear:
Thrillersplode
Aiming Shot
Kreisenschlag
Slash Rave
Serpent Air
Rage Dance