PDA

View Full Version : Question about Elder Pain

AkumaYouji
Apr 22, 2014, 09:49 PM
Hunter lvl 51, sub: braver 45 (no relation to the Shunka meta)
So, as the title says I had a few questions about the Elder Pain (エルダーペイン).
I am planning to get new equipment soon and I have always had my eye on this sword, mainly because of vampiric blade.

I was wondering if this potential is worth getting over something with more S-ATK.

If it is worth it and is a decent sword to use on my ship they are 25 mil for lvl 3 vampiric blade and +10 and 17 mil for a base one. I have never grinded a 10 star weapon before (was always too reluctant to try) and was wondering if it would be generally "cheaper" to buy a base one and grind it myself or just go for the pre-grinded one with good abilities already applied.

Thanks for any input and feedback about this!

Sizustar
Apr 22, 2014, 09:57 PM
Grinding 10* can be done with 1mil~3mil at most.
It's usually the affixing ability that'll cost more, depending on your final ability set you want.

AkumaYouji
Apr 22, 2014, 10:19 PM
Grinding 10* can be done with 1mil~3mil at most.
It's usually the affixing ability that'll cost more, depending on your final ability set you want.

I would definitely consider myself a casual style player and would be pretty ok with probably just vol soul and power 1 or mutation or something if I were to grind it myself. So do you think its worth the 6 mil price jack up for pre affixed abilities? and how do you feel about the weapon stats itself? will 900 base S-atk be efficient enough for me to get by or is it not even worth it? Dragon slayers have 1018 S-atk at +10 and are around 5 mil.

Thanks for the response, I guess my next questions are how much ATK does it take to start noticing damage output differences? and is the lower attack worth absorbing 6% of damage as HP?

holmwood
Apr 22, 2014, 10:22 PM
Hunter lvl 51, sub: braver 45 (no relation to the Shunka meta)
So, as the title says I had a few questions about the Elder Pain (エルダーペイン).
I am planning to get new equipment soon and I have always had my eye on this sword, mainly because of vampiric blade.

I was wondering if this potential is worth getting over something with more S-ATK.

If it is worth it and is a decent sword to use on my ship they are 25 mil for lvl 3 vampiric blade and +10 and 17 mil for a base one. I have never grinded a 10 star weapon before (was always too reluctant to try) and was wondering if it would be generally "cheaper" to buy a base one and grind it myself or just go for the pre-grinded one with good abilities already applied.

Thanks for any input and feedback about this!
Well, you have to take into account the photon spheres for getting the potential. Also, affixing! If you look at the attributes for the 17 mil stuff, it may explain why it looks so overpriced.

The blade is awesome for overend spamming, and for those who generally suck at guarding. The hp regen is overkill. DPS becomes alot better when you can abuse weak points without worrying about guarding...

AkumaYouji
Apr 22, 2014, 10:55 PM
Well, you have to take into account the photon spheres for getting the potential. Also, affixing! If you look at the attributes for the 17 mil stuff, it may explain why it looks so overpriced.

The blade is awesome for overend spamming, and for those who generally suck at guarding. The hp regen is overkill. DPS becomes alot better when you can abuse weak points without worrying about guarding...

The attrs are actually terrible on the 17 mil elder pain there is no attributes worth keeping, actually if i remember correctly there is only 1 or none on the weapon (I would check now but obviously the servers are down). I wouldn't say I am a master at guarding(far from it), but I guard whenever possible. At this rate it sounds like its worth the extra meseta just to spare myself the time, effort and rage of affixing the weapon. Thanks for all the info guys!!

Agastya
Apr 23, 2014, 12:11 AM
i used to use elder pain before selling mine back when i could still get 35m for them.

it's not terrible, but with the stronger swords out now you'll miss having extra damage multipliers from ja potentials or what have you. sword gear is a must, and with the aggression and stats in sh you can't mindlessly facetank with over end revved up like you could in vhaq.

vampiric blade is still a powerful potential though, despite what the "don't get hit" people tell you - if you have the stats to take the hits without severely crippling your ability to kill things (don't go making snow soul units now) then being able to just stand in front of something and keep doing damage will overall be higher damage than having to stop and block everything, or having to run and heal because you messed up a block, but in an ideal perfect scenario you wouldn't need it anyway and would kill the target faster with a raw damage sword. it's no guld milla though.

honestly i'm just waiting for a lifesteal wand or something so i can passively heal off of zanverse ticks.

AkumaYouji
Apr 23, 2014, 12:35 AM
i used to use elder pain before selling mine back when i could still get 35m for them.

it's not terrible, but with the stronger swords out now you'll miss having extra damage multipliers from ja potentials or what have you. sword gear is a must, and with the aggression and stats in sh you can't mindlessly facetank with over end revved up like you could in vhaq.

vampiric blade is still a powerful potential though, despite what the "don't get hit" people tell you - if you have the stats to take the hits without severely crippling your ability to kill things (don't go making snow soul units now) then being able to just stand in front of something and keep doing damage will overall be higher damage than having to stop and block everything, or having to run and heal because you messed up a block, but in an ideal perfect scenario you wouldn't need it anyway and would kill the target faster with a raw damage sword. it's no guld milla though.

honestly i'm just waiting for a lifesteal wand or something so i can passively heal off of zanverse ticks.

Haha, I noticed your on ship 4, I am too!! and yeah the damage is what makes me skeptical of its price tag considering cheaper stronger alternatives.

so to make things even more confusing for myself, another option I was considering was getting a エレヌバティン (Helen Bathin) along with a Vibras Bow. the vibras bow i was looking at was about 2 mil with level 3 potential and then I was gonna add mizer soul to it, and the Helen Bathin's are a little pricey right now at 8 mil but the total would still be cheaper than the elder pain. I ultimately plan on maining braver and figured these weapons were a good choice because they can both be used by hunters as well as having decent power (for me anyways) both weapons increase about 200 R-ATK and 150+ S-atk from my current weapon set... haha too much to think about...

AkumaYouji
Apr 23, 2014, 12:00 PM
Update, just bought a +10 base for 10 mil!! potential'ed it once and ground it to +10 in about 300k using the +1s at 7/8, and +5% at 9->10 method so im pretty happy about that