PDA

View Full Version : PSO2es no longer prompting for OTP?

DJcooltrainer
Apr 24, 2014, 09:28 AM
Has anyone else noticed this after the new patch? I used to have to go into my OTP application and copy/paste into PSO2es, but after the patch it doesn't seem to prompt me anymore. Does anyone know if this was intended?

Panth3r
Apr 24, 2014, 09:39 AM
Probably because you really dont need 1 on there, nobody is going to steal your things on PSO2es. You need that fancy 16 digit code to login on another device, that alone is its own OTP.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 24, 2014, 09:42 AM
Yeah, it totally makes sense.

What's weird, though, is that I was able to set up PSO2es without having to enter my 16-digit code OR my OTP after installing a new ROM on my phone, which completely wiped all of my memory (Nexus 5, no SD card). Does Sega keep track of your MEID somehow?

Panth3r
Apr 24, 2014, 09:46 AM
Probably because you installed it on the same device? I assume that when you reinstalled it there was some fancy file cached somewhere in your device from the previous installation.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 24, 2014, 10:05 AM
Probably because you installed it on the same device? I assume that when you reinstalled it there was some fancy file cached somewhere in your device from the previous installation.

No way that would have been possible, when I install a new ROM I completely wipe all of my phone's memory and caches, and there's no SD card on it at all.

Panth3r
Apr 24, 2014, 10:25 AM
Thats strange.. I dunno then lol.

genjen
May 15, 2014, 11:03 PM
odd, i just tried to log into es and it asked for the otp

DJcooltrainer
May 16, 2014, 12:56 PM
odd, i just tried to log into es and it asked for the otp

That's really freaking weird, I just tried logging in to check, and it never prompted my for the my OTP. I'm assuming your OTP is on the same device you have PSO2es installed on, too?

Punisher106
May 16, 2014, 01:40 PM
I only remember having to enter it once, and I didn't need to, anymore.

ShinKai
May 16, 2014, 03:50 PM
Same, I only had to enter it my first time, and it hasn't asked me since. Even when I moved my account from device to device it didn't ask for it.

ArataWata
May 16, 2014, 05:41 PM
It asked me to do it when I formatted my tablet, but that was a few weeks ago.

The_Brimada
May 16, 2014, 05:41 PM
Same as the last two posters. I only entered it in the first time and it hadn't asked me for it since.