PDA

View Full Version : E.T. Mass Grave discovered in New Mexico desert.

Sinue_v2
Apr 28, 2014, 12:18 AM
I remember hearing this story and parroting it as a kid, but I always just kind of assumed it was just an urban myth. Turns out, I was wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4rDoyiaQ8#t=60

Though why they're excavating it, I have no idea. I can only assume the reason why they buried it out in Alamogordo was in the slight hope that somebody would test a nuke over the dumping ground, SALT treaties be damned. Though I guess it could be a poignant message to the industry if we just expanded the dumping site and had an annual festival where we ceremonially bury the worst games of each year along with them.

blace
Apr 28, 2014, 01:04 AM
If I remember right, it was for a documentary on one of histories worst games.

Don't remember who is making it though.

W0LB0T
Apr 28, 2014, 03:10 AM
Its a sign that the second video game crash is just around the corner.

Outrider
Apr 28, 2014, 11:37 AM
I thought I read that Microsoft is funding the dig.

Maybe as part of their video content initiative? I dunno.

Has anybody been able to get the games working? I thought I saw on twitter that some people had tried but the way it was written implied that they didn't have much luck.

Sinue_v2
Apr 28, 2014, 06:26 PM
Its a sign that the second video game crash is just around the corner.

Somewhere down there is an ancient Mayan prophecy wall dating from the early 1980's with Adam Orth's face carved next to pictographs which translate roughly to "Always Online, Deal with It."

Has anybody been able to get the games working? I thought I saw on twitter that some people had tried but the way it was written implied that they didn't have much luck.

Not sure, but I thought I heard somewhere that part of the reason why they chose that dump site was because they crushed and compacted the trash before burying it. Apparently they didn't want the local kids going out there and digging the place up for free games.