PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fic Phantasy Star Online 2: For the sake of the Future (PSO2: Mirai No Tame Ni)

Reia
Apr 28, 2014, 10:28 AM
- The current Fan Fiction is a WORK IN PROGRESS WEB SERIES FAN FICTION! I will take around 3-4 months to work before publishing the chapters. Keep in mind that I want the story to be good, no matter how long it may take to correct the story and fix mistakes and incoherences in my scripting until the story is good enough.

- The start of this thread is to request editors to help in correcting the grammar and checking the coherence in the story. English is not my main language, and I'll make the spanish version first, then the english translation.

- This first post will always be edited, check it out whenever I post updates.

- The story is based on the storyline of PSO2's story mode. It contains SPOILERS! And the path and some events in the story are NOT CANON AND HAVE DIFFERENCES FROM THE OFFICIAL STORY.

- You can Participate in the project. Not only I want to write the spanish and english version and be fine with that. I would like to expand my series to even further than just literature. Anyone who want to be in making illustrations, roleplaying machinimas (re-enacting some scenes), translations, have experience in 3D renders, or even have NPC based characters in the game, can be able to participate. My name is Reia and I'm on Ship-2 with a Human fighter. You can find me as ID name also in my twitch stream when I'm playing PSO2 at http://www.twitch.tv/fenrya . Or drop some PMs in my PSO-World account.

- The fan fiction itself won't be posted in this thread. There will be a site up to read it. And a download links of the chapters in .pdf format when I release the first chapter. However, feel free to use this thread for announcement of updates and discussion about the fan fiction which I will gladly reply to your posts when I get the time (Please keep the use of the spoiler boxes and shadows).

- Phantasy Star Online 2 and their characters are a registered copyright of SEGA, I'm bowing to don't make profits, any content, text, image, videos everything produced out of it is not under any plan of monetization. I'm a big fan of Phantasy Star and I'm writing this story as a hobby and productive enjoyment of my free time (Because PSO2's grind can sometimes bore me :P).

Who am I?:

Greetings, I am Reialine (Reia for short), born in 1988, Im a Phantasy Star Fan since 1994 playing Phantasy Star on the SEGA genesis and since then I've played every single game and I'm a huge fan of the game and lore in general. Played also PSO since its DC release under the same nickname.

What's this fic about:

I really loved the PSO2 storyline and I was thinking, what if PSO2 ever got an animation, a production or a series? Wouldn't you like a story that has more connection with the story and plot and a main character that links all together with a background story and personality that fits the storyline nicely? I've started this project in the scripting process since start of this year, I got myself good knowledge of the PSO2 lore itself in order to write this fan fiction that will try to take a different take on the PSO2 story's open like narration for the player into a enclosed story with a fixed main characters and some extra characters to fill in. Keep in mind that the storyline is not canon to the series, You never know this game's plot perfectly due to constant updates and revealing of retaking to the past and stuff like that easily change the canon storyline quickly, I will try to stick to the original path as much as possible but I think it would be boring to do exactly what it says. Ill also be creative and add more content than just text and you are able to participate in order to share opinions and help improve it.

For the sake of the Future characters

Original Main Character:

Mirai

Race: Human
Year of Birth: AP 220
Class: Force
Equipment: Equestrio, Rod [SPOILER]Hidden equipment: ARKS 2nd Generation Air combat suit, Red Processor (Rod)
Introduction: Vol. 1 Chapter 1

Mirai is the main character of PSO2 in this fan fiction. She joined ARKS in order to protect the citizens and local inhabitants of the planets from the scourge of the Darkers. She currently suffers of amnesia and can't remember anything except her wish to join ARKS and so she did join the organization to discover the purpose of that will.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Official Primary Characters

Afin:
Race: Newman
Year of Birth: AP 222
Class: Ranger
Equipment: Blitz Ace, Assault Rifle

Mirai's companion, Interested in searching things for Mirai since he proclaims he's good at finding people's stuff. He joined ARKS to look for something he lost 10 years ago. Assigned as companion in the initiation test with Mirai, where he shown he wasn't actually prepared for such things as combat.

Zeno:
Year of Birth: AP 214
Class: Hunter
Equipment: Adventos, Buster Sword
Introduction: Vol 1 Chapter 1

Mirai's Senpai, saved both Mirai and Afin during the incident day and ironically got his favor returned in the same operation. Finds Mirai's face familiar but he can't recall meeting her before. He oftenly tries to instruct Mirai on how to be a proper and model ARKS member.

Echo:
Race: Newman
Year of Birth: AP 215
Class: Force
Equipment: Ballistic Coat, Rod

Zeno's companion. Worrywart and always clingy to him. She constantly talks to Mirai to dont follow Zeno's example all the time, as he's hotheaded and straightforward and always get himself involved in danger. She's usually next to him to assist him in combat and duty.

Xion:

Race: Human (?)
Year of Birth: ????
Introduction: Vol.1 Chapter 2

Xion is a mysterious entity that looks like a scientist and only Mirai can see her. Xion's purpose is unknown, her dialect is incomprehensible, all that Mirai knows for sure is that the Artifact Xion gave her, The Matter Board is directly interferring with this world, which works both as a guide to her destiny as well as regaining her lost memories.

Matoi:
Year of Birth: AP 220
Equipment: Mikoto Cluster, Unarmed
Introduction: Vol. 1 Chapter 2

Girl rescued during the Darker incident on Nabellius. Physically identical to Mirai and also suffers of a trauma that impacted her memories, thought its a different grade of Amnesia compared to Mirai's. She believes Mirai is her sister and treat her like one, due that she came on her rescue and it looks exactly like her, however Mirai totally denies the fact and implies she has no such thing as a sister on her family.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Official Secondary Characters:

[SPOILER-BOX]Regius
Race: CAST
Year of Birth: AP 165
Equipment: Regia Shilliz CAST Frame, Sealed Akatsuki (Sword)

Regius is the ARKS CEO and leader of the organization. Also the strongest of all the ARKS. And one of the 3 great heroes that destroyed Dark Falz Elder 40 years ago. He greets all trainees throught Visiphone communication in the campship before they start their initiation test to boost their morale. But he startles and stop his speech for few seconds after looking at Mirai throught the video conference.

Oza
Year of Birth: AP 217
Ocupation: ARKS - Hunter Class Mentor since 3rd Generation
Equipment: Close Quarter, Partizan

ARKS Hunter instructor. He has a low patience for Forces and always rant about them, at first he tried to convince Mirai to quit being a Force to switch to Hunter Class, since it would do better in protection. Althought Mirai felt uneasy when hearing that idea and refused. However he doesn't feel unease talking with her, disregarding she's a Force.

Lisa
Race: CAST
Year of Birth: ????
Equipment: Ionia CAST Frame, Assault Rifle
Introduction: Vol.1 Chapter 2

Lisa is the Ranger Class Mentor, unlike the other ones, she still is a Mentor since the 2nd Generation of ARKS, her age is unknown since no one got the courage to ask her. Surprisingly Eerie to everyone, she seems to be "awfully friendly" to her fellow Class Mentors and her fellow CAST partners. However, when she first met Mirai she started to behave unusually to her. She recalls to know Mirai in the past before she lost her memories, but she only tease her with grim hints that doesn't really help much. Mirai feels uneasy talking to her, and wants to avoid her when she brings her favourite topic, murders.

Marlu:
Year of Birth: AP 217
Ocupation: ARKS - Force Class Mentor since 3rd Generation
Equipment: Feeling Robe, Rod

Marlu is a Force Class instructor, based on what the rumors said about Mirai during the initiation test incident she got deep interest on how come she got so much Photons in her body to be able to cast such powerful TECHNIQUES. But at same time Mirai seems to be a total amateur at being a Force, so she sends her to Nabellius to start the "Trials of the Force". She also seem to rant about Hunters.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Original Secondary Characters:

[SPOILER-BOX]Casra 2nd:
[SPOILER]Race: Newman
Year of Birth and Death: from AP 204 to AP 230
Occupation - ARKS - Council of Six Nš3 2nd Generation
Class: Techer
Equipment: Cursed Crown (Passed down from the Casra Family), No weapon (Use TECHNIQUES unarmed)
Introduction: Vol.1 Chapter 9

Son of the first Casra, earned his title in council of six due to his descendance, nicknamed "The Loser", due to his constant failures on his assignments, grew huge ressentment to the other council of six members and betrayed them. Captured by Regius in AD 227 and later found dead in AD 230 succumbing to a fatal disease.

Atosa 2nd:
Year of Birth and Death: From AP 208 to AP 227
Class: Fighter
Equipment: ARKS 2nd Generation Air combat suit, Akane (Twin Daggers)

Volf's Apprentice, she adquired her rank in the council of Six by 4 excellent years of service in the ARKS organization, despite her weak strenght, a prototype combat air uniform was comissioned to her to optimize her fighting style with Twin Dagger, Rumored to be the sister of the 2nd Generation Claris Claes. Killed in one year before the 10 year incident in a Battle against Dark Falz with Volf, althought her body couldn't be found.

Volf
Year of Birth and Death: From AP 173 to AP 227
Class: Fighter
Equipment: ARKS 1st Generation Ground Combat suit, Strong Gokou (Knuckles)

Atosa's Master and mentor. Has a cool personality and want to protect everyone around him, He has an adoptive son he called Gettemhult whose being raised to succeed him in his position. He has fallen 1 year prior to the 10 year incident in a battle against Dark Falz with Atosa, thought his body couldn't be found.[/SPOILER-BOX]

(Writing characters in next post edit)

HIT0SHI
Apr 28, 2014, 10:41 AM
Sweet, looking forwa-

I will take around 3-4 months to work before publishing the chapters.
Welp... Okay then.

Reia
Apr 28, 2014, 11:06 AM
Sweet, looking forwa-

I will take around 3-4 months to work before publishing the chapters.
Welp... Okay then.

You can always join to participate if you want to get access to early content :3

(Adding original characters then canon characters right now)

HIT0SHI
Apr 28, 2014, 12:51 PM
You can always join to participate if you want to get access to early content :3

(Adding original characters then canon characters right now)

Hmmm, I'll think about it. :o