PDA

View Full Version : Game What was your greatest accomplishment in any of the game(s) you've played.

Meyfei
Apr 28, 2014, 10:03 PM
I'm looking for what "Fun" things happened, be it beating the system, completing a really hard task, creature, or puzzle in a game that you've played.

What I mean for "Fun" and "Accomplishment" is that moment you get that grin on your face and feel like "Yeah!! I got the Power!" or "Skill!" Like beating a perfect dark time limit in a mission on Perfect Dark difficulty on your first try.

Or beating the Ruby Weapon on Final Fantasy 7 without using W-summon + Knights of the round + mimic spam. I can't recall my last moment like that, been so long since I myself played a console game.

Please try being detailed ;) Game name, situation, how you managed it. if possible.

Sinue_v2
Apr 28, 2014, 10:26 PM
Er, there's quite a few, but the one that sticks out in my mind most right now is when I finally beat Fantasy Zone II for the SMS after almost 3 years of practice interspersed with periods of getting super frustrated and rage quitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6L8kx9OS8I

Whenever I need a game to pull out and kick a kid's ass so bad that they no longer bug me to play my vintage systems, I always fall back to Fantasy Zone II.

strikerhunter
Apr 28, 2014, 10:36 PM
Greatest Video Game accomplishment? Too many to remember, but the most memorable one is back 2 years ago when I still played Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on the PSP (hense why no screenshots or vids ;_; )

Game: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (imported)
Quest: The Two Jinouga Fight to unlock HR 6.
Killed two Jinougas/Zingores in mid-air at the same time with one katana great spin right before they landed their signature attack on me that would killed me(rolling thunderbolt).

-Crokar-
Apr 28, 2014, 10:46 PM
I remember beating Jordan on guitar hero 2 throwing the guitar on the ground after and never played the game again

gigawuts
Apr 28, 2014, 10:59 PM
I've long forgotten my actual greatest achievement in gaming, whatever the hell it was, but the best feeling one was every time I adapted to smug soldiers in TF2 as an airblast pyro.

The smuggest ones were always shit talking, always dicks, but never changing their timing. It'd take 2-3 deaths, but after that I'd be untouchable.

The biggest douchebag of them all kept getting the jump on me from behind at the most unusual places, so when I finally had him in front of me a predictive airblast at point blank sent him into a doorframe corner and flung a crocket right back into his face. 3, 2, 1, he left the server.

Then again, I can't imagine anyone being too pleased about that happening when the pyro has a 350 ms ping. I was living in the sticks at the time, so pyro was about prediction instead of reaction because of my high ping. That actually made it easier in a lot of ways - get used to how quickly individual soldiers reflexively fire their rockets after turning around, and you pretty much turn into Neo.

Nothing satisfies quite like consistently and reliably killing soldiers and demomen with rockets and pipes inside their launchers, by right clicking 300 ms before they left click.

Wyndham
Apr 29, 2014, 09:50 AM
My greatest game accomplishment was unlocking almost everything in F-Zero GX, excluding the ones requiring the arcade machine.

Retehi
Apr 29, 2014, 04:41 PM
I was so stoked when I finally unlocked the Gunblade in Parasite Eve 2. . I think I had to beat the game some 11 times or something.

When I played TF2, getting 8500 kills on my sniper rifle (It's at 9000 something last I left it)

Though I think the most exhilarating one was beating the old Alien vs Predator arcade game with 2 quarters in front of a bunch of people. Boy it was like something out of a cheesy 80's video game movie once that was over.

Meyfei
Apr 30, 2014, 09:22 AM
I was so stoked when I finally unlocked the Gunblade in Parasite Eve 2. . I think I had to beat the game some 11 times or something.

Oh god, that reminded me of how i finally reach the top floor of the chrysler building in Parasite eve 1... to findout I was missing 1 rare card TwT I was looking on every floor... I just couldn't find it D:

But I guess managing to hit the top of the tower was pretty empowering, As well as finding the Experience thing while grinding in the Museum (after a certain point it resets to 1exp, and gradually grows so you can hit 99 in an hour, after 4-5 hours of grinding the 1mil exp's) All those bonus points *drool* - your always better off grinding end game and putting points to your weapons since 99 = all skills 99 (keep the inv space also thats a needed one)

DreXxiN
Apr 30, 2014, 11:30 PM
Hmmm, to name a few,

- qualifying for WCG USA for Starcraft back in 2005,

- getting #1 for MAG+ in PSU before the server went down with my good friends

- Beating Curse in an Alienware Cup with my team back in 2011 (To be fair everyone sucked back then) in LoL

- 13:37 Tanker speed run in MGS2 back in the day on Extreme...far from the best but still felt cool!

- Hitting 200 in PSO. Takes no skill, but damn did it feel good.

- Uh..My guild got server second Coil Turn 8 down. I guess that was cool, too.

Not my PERSONAL accomplishment, but Team ALTERNATE, a professional European LCS team for League, was 1st place for the first 3 weeks of which i was a temporary analyst for the team.

....I really miss the times when I could actually PLAY games enough to accomplish these things :(.

yoshiblue
May 1, 2014, 12:11 AM
Being banned from using Yoshi in smash bro events.

Nitro Vordex
May 1, 2014, 12:13 AM
Finding a Lavis Cannon in Forest. 1/28808

Though I suppose it ain't much of an accomplishment, really.

Palle
May 1, 2014, 01:29 AM
Not much of a completionist when it comes to games. No accomplishments other than having beaten the old console games I was raised on, games I wouldn't be capable of beating today.

I guess one of the most significant experiences I've had in a game was a solo roam I did after Sean Smith was killed in Benghazi. I wanted to make a gesture to his friends and colleagues in EVE, and knew that any words I shared would ring hollow as I was a no-name publord. So I decided I would make a show of solidarity with the community, drew a route through the old CFC-controlled regions (where I would be a kill-on-sight target), and set about it. I would pilot a series of Vigil (http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080706174423/eve/images/6/64/Vigil.jpg) hulls to 'safe spots' in space, name the ships 'In Memoriam - Sean Smith', and eject from the ships, leaving them powered down and nigh-unreachable, cenotaphs for a missing comrade. Residents and visitors alike who scanned the system would see the ship in their scan results, and know that there was a minor show of support from someone else in the community. I had to circumnavigate about half of the entire 'known universe' to hit them all, and altogether it took about 6 hours... quiet and thoughtful hours. I got them all in place, in 11 star systems whose inhabitants knew him best. Even though we were 'enemies', for a short time we were all just players who felt the sting of sudden loss.

To be honest, it's possible they never noticed. I never told any of them I had done it.

Afterward, I felt that strange sense of calm that comes at the end of things.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1680x1050q90/62/ssvrdt02a.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

...and that's all she wrote.

Outrider
May 1, 2014, 11:07 AM
Not much of a completionist when it comes to games. No accomplishments other than having beaten the old console games I was raised on, games I wouldn't be capable of beating today.

I guess one of the most significant experiences I've had in a game was a solo roam I did after Sean Smith was killed in Benghazi. I wanted to make a gesture to his friends and colleagues in EVE, and knew that any words I shared would ring hollow as I was a no-name publord. So I decided I would make a show of solidarity with the community, drew a route through the old CFC-controlled regions (where I would be a kill-on-sight target), and set about it. I would pilot a series of Vigil (http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080706174423/eve/images/6/64/Vigil.jpg) hulls to 'safe spots' in space, name the ships 'In Memoriam - Sean Smith', and eject from the ships, leaving them powered down and nigh-unreachable, cenotaphs for a missing comrade. Residents and visitors alike who scanned the system would see the ship in their scan results, and know that there was a minor show of support from someone else in the community. I had to circumnavigate about half of the entire 'known universe' to hit them all, and altogether it took about 6 hours... quiet and thoughtful hours. I got them all in place, in 11 star systems whose inhabitants knew him best. Even though we were 'enemies', for a short time we were all just players who felt the sting of sudden loss.

To be honest, it's possible they never noticed. I never told any of them I had done it.

Afterward, I felt that strange sense of calm that comes at the end of things.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1680x1050q90/62/ssvrdt02a.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

...and that's all she wrote.

That's really quite touching, Palle. Thanks for sharing.

May 3, 2014, 06:06 AM
"Quitting" PSO

W0LB0T
May 4, 2014, 09:25 AM
I managed to eat 2 large pizzas while playing Farming Simulator.

I'm much better at eating than video games

ShinMaruku
May 4, 2014, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9hO2HrjtrY
I played my best. And it shows.

Neith
May 4, 2014, 01:15 PM
Found Yasha in PSOBB before Black Paper's Deal from a Viridia Melqueek (1/67k drop, I found on a 2x drops day so it was still well over 1/30k). Then I found a 30% Hit Sange around 2 hours later. Ended up being one of a very small group of people who had Sange & Yasha before Black Papers Deal made it common as hell :disapprove:

Outside of PSO, probably ranking as the 20th fastest in all of Europe round Grand Valley way back in the Gran Turismo 4 European League. Around 2-3k people signed up for it and I came 20th in the 250-499BHP class. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near quick enough to qualify for GT Academy yet :(

Doing the Endless Setlist (and getting the 'Bladder of Steel' achievement) back on Rock Band 2 Expert Guitar was a pretty painful and tiring achievement too :lol: Only could have been worse if it was on Drums.

Mantiskilla
May 4, 2014, 10:50 PM
I have a 2 that I could say "yeah im proud of that" haha...

Psyvariar 2 (DC)
1CC (no death or 1 coin credit if you're wondering). Here is an example on how to fight the final boss should you have the high enough level to fight her. Basically....you can't die, and do a lot (and I mean A LOT) of controller wiggling to keep ship spinning for buzz bullet dodging. Ugh the horrors of coming so close only to fail and start over almost made me go off the deep end haha. At least the boss music was awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L2SNX7k4v8

Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
Now its not the hardest platform game out there, but its IS a game that still to this day i can remember where all secrets are w/o a guide and I completed all 102% of the game too many times over. I would say this is the only game that if someone said "Beat DKC2 all 102% w/o getting a Game Over or Die?"....I would probably make it out alive haha.

Demon-
May 5, 2014, 06:00 PM
Hmm can't really remember all my greatest accomplishment are never really thought about it.

As a kid I remember beating games like Contra and Ninja Gaiden on NES with out cheats and feeling pretty good but other than that. I can't really think of any great accomplishments.

Getting all the trophies in SSBM or finally reaching level 200 on PSOBB official server are the only ones I can think of right now.

Finding a Lavis Cannon in Forest. 1/28808

Though I suppose it ain't much of an accomplishment, really.

Yeah I got that same drop too. Kept it untekked.

Dhylec
May 5, 2014, 08:40 PM
Mine was (still is) beating Chrono Trigger on SNES solo (1 character).

LK1721
May 5, 2014, 09:10 PM
Soloing Black, Crimson, and White Fatalis on HR9 in MHFU (PSP) with a Gunlance.

Dunno if that's actually an accomplishment by other people's standards but dang I felt so satisfied when I finally beat the last one.

darkante
Jun 2, 2014, 04:04 PM
I still put time into PSP2:I from time to time, not meaning it´s bad by any means but i hardly put as much time in any game other than maybe PSO1 in total time that is.

Done a 3 Heart challenge with no Blue tunic in both regular LoZ:Ocarina of time and Master Quest version.
I´ve also 100% Timesplitters: Future Perfect with all platinum.

When i were a kid, i did beat the entire Starforce game and mastered Trojan and Rush´n and Attack and Adventure Island II all on the NES.
Those skills are pretty much gone now though sadly.

DarkShadowX
Jun 2, 2014, 05:39 PM
Getting to Level 200 on PSODC (and GC but DC was much harder).

Getting 100% cards on PSO Ep3.

Beating Challenge 6 on Vanquish.

Wintermute0
Jun 7, 2014, 07:04 PM
Platinum'd Dark Souls.

Atbar
Jun 7, 2014, 08:08 PM
Getting through like 20 levels in 1943 on the NES only using the pea shooter (I think I still used that special attack that eats up your fuel....I think....it's been a long ago since I've last played it).