PDA

View Full Version : My Room is super restricted... Am I missing something?

Daemon Gildas
May 4, 2014, 03:05 AM
Maybe it's because I'm still playing as free-to-player, or perhaps there are some other unlocks I have to so, but the Room is definitely more restricted than it "should" be. I'm curious, how would one go about unlocking the full suite of features for it, and is there an option to permanently unlock said features, or does it only last while your subscription is active?

I'm not even doing anything fancy (since I'm still broke), but I'd like to set up some of these retro-looking furniture items, but right now, I can only place 4 items (I guess the Bed counts as 2 or the 5 slots?). Side question, though; I got a music disc, but I'm not sure how to use it. Anybody else know?

Thanks in advance!

Squall179
May 4, 2014, 03:14 AM
Yeah, its just a matter of the free to play aspect. If I remember right sometimes you can get lucky in the fun scratch with three day tickets for a full room but outside of that, thats about it. its only active while your subscription is active.

landman
May 4, 2014, 03:14 AM
FUN scratch, get a 3 day full room ticket. And know, that before Episode 2, there was no freemium room at all. You can also buy the 3 day ticket with... excubes?

Daemon Gildas
May 4, 2014, 03:17 AM
Alright, follow-up question; say during that 3 days, I fix my room up exactly how I want it... what happens after that? Does it stay the same, and I just lose the ability to move things around, or do those items disappear or something?

Sparzyle
May 4, 2014, 03:20 AM
You also need to get a Jukebox ジュークボックス in order to register Music Disks so you can change the BGM of your room

And after the ticket expires your rooms locks with all the stuff you put on there till you activate the Room again

Daemon Gildas
May 4, 2014, 03:26 AM
Hmm, so as long as I plan it out beforehand, I could decorate my room during the 3 days, and it would stay like that until I got another 3-day pass?

Also, how do you get a Jukebox, just curious? And any idea if you could still use the Jukebox, or does it become disabled once your pass runs out?

Sorry for the series of questions; just trying to make sure I don't do something stupid :P

GoldenFalcon
May 4, 2014, 03:41 AM
The room you're in right now stays that way.

If you have Premium or a Room Pass, you can switch to Room A or Room B, which have the features you are looking for.
When Premium/Room Pass run out, you get put back into the little room with 5 furniture points, and all your furniture in Room A or B stay there, awaiting your return.

Vetur
May 4, 2014, 03:48 AM
One of the neat things is that if you lay down a jukebox, put in and play the music you want, and take the jukebox out, the music will stay, so you can save space that way.

If anything, I say it's worth having the premium room feature at least once to store all of your better furniture in the premium layout instead of letting it hog your storage space, then just use another ticket to get items back if you need them.

plasism
May 4, 2014, 03:59 AM
There are 3 rooms in total that you get. Mini-Room, Room A and Room B.

The Mini-Room is that super restricted room with 5 slots, its free, you don't have to pay, but you can't expand it nor change the scenery.

Room A and B are seperate rooms that can only be unlocked if you are premium, or have unlocked it via 3-day room tickets (which can be obtained either from FUN scratch, or trading 1 excube for one).

Once you have your rooms unlocked, when u enter your room, you'll notice its still the mini-room, you'll need to 'change' the rooms through the room console.

Any furniture placed in Room A and B are saved in their respective formats, and if your room expires, when you unlock it again, the furniture will still be in their respective positions.

Fun Fact, got furnitures you want to keep, but its wasting your storage space? Just put them all in your Room B, that way u can keep them out of your storage without losing them.

oratank
May 4, 2014, 04:46 AM
1 excube for 1 day ticket i think

Misaki Ki
May 4, 2014, 05:54 AM
The rooms are surprisingly easy to get at higher levels for free players due to the ease of getting excubes now.

Daemon Gildas
May 4, 2014, 12:07 PM
Okay, I think I see what you mean now. I can still technically store my furniture in Rooms A and B, but once the pass runs out, I can no longer visit them, either? I suppose I was hoping to find a way to cheat the system, decorate my room once and then enjoy it forever after that, but if that's the case, I suppose not. :P

I think I have about 4 EXcubes now... is there anything else I would want to spend them on, or save for? I think I'm lvl 21 now as a Braver (haven't tried any other classes yet), wasn't sure if it might be worth be buying something else with them or not? For that matter, do they frequently update the Excube Shop, or is it pretty much always the same? :)

holmwood
May 4, 2014, 12:15 PM
Okay, I think I see what you mean now. I can still technically store my furniture in Rooms A and B, but once the pass runs out, I can no longer visit them, either? I suppose I was hoping to find a way to cheat the system, decorate my room once and then enjoy it forever after that, but if that's the case, I suppose not. :P

I think I have about 4 EXcubes now... is there anything else I would want to spend them on, or save for? I think I'm lvl 21 now as a Braver (haven't tried any other classes yet), wasn't sure if it might be worth be buying something else with them or not? For that matter, do they frequently update the Excube Shop, or is it pretty much always the same? :)

Fun point passes is the only other thing I would use em for. To try and get myshop passes.

FacelessRed
May 4, 2014, 12:31 PM
1 excube for 1 day ticket i think

3 day ticket is the only ticket. there are no 1 day room passes.

1 excube = 3 days of room.

1 Excube = 1 10* weapons

At level 50 and above you can pretty much never run out of room passes.

AlaskanKactus
May 4, 2014, 04:05 PM
Once you get to VH, all you have to do is regularly play Mine Defense or Falz Elder EQs to get 10* weapons. As long as you keep that up you'll never run out of premium room passes. Room Passes do no stack so you have to use one after another.

One 10* weapon = 1 Excube = 3 Day Room Pass

Exchange 10*Weapons for Excubes at the Recycle Shop.
Exchange Excubes for Passes at the Excube Shop.