PDA

View Full Version : A question for veteran players

dys0r
Apr 15, 2003, 07:35 PM
I know there are a ton of you guys out there that have been playing since DC PSO days. I'm just wondering if you guys have ever gotten bored of the game. I've had GC PSO since it came out, and it's kinda boring now. I have 4 characters (lvl 136 HUcast, lvl 138 FOmarl, lvl 121 RAmar, and a lvl 24 RAcast) on a total of 350+ hrs. Usually, when you find an uber rare, you're screaming for joy.

I don't get that rush for some reason anymore. I found a 40% hit (tekked to 50%) L&14K COMBAT a few nights ago, and I hardly said anything. Not even a "whooo!" Hell, even 4-player multi-mode games with my friends isn't even fun anymore. Even c-mode's kinda boring now (the offline prizes kinda suck).

What's your remedy for such a thing? Put the game off for a while and maybe find it worth playing again? I don't know...

Thx.

- dys

Joe-Azlin
Apr 15, 2003, 08:04 PM
i usually play a different game for a lil while then come back 2 pso and some how everytime pso seems 2 b the best game in the world all over again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Math
Apr 15, 2003, 08:26 PM
yeah you should take a break from it.Like two weeks maybe more is your losing your love for it.Thats what i use to do

VulpesMundi
Apr 15, 2003, 08:31 PM
For me I'll usually set the game down for a day or two (if I can last that long), play something else that's fun and/or interesting (I highly recommend Sly Cooper and the Thievious Raccoonus), begin to miss PSO, then pick it back up and remember how much I enjoy it. I'm up to two years and two and a half months and the longest break I ever took was about a month back in ver.2 forcibly when my Dreamcast died for the third and final time (I had to get money together and go buy a new one). You can imagine how much I enjoyed the game again after that infinitely long month. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-04-15 18:32 ]</font>

Mister_Sinister
Apr 15, 2003, 08:33 PM
i played DC PSO v.1 a few hundred hours and got a little bored. then i took a few years off and now im ready for PSOX

Mystil
Apr 15, 2003, 08:37 PM
I'm still not bored of this game, now going on 3 yrs..tell you what though..I don't care to level much anymore. Just join games and fight fight fight. Beat whatever episode, then get offline.

DarkDragon7
Apr 15, 2003, 08:37 PM
Yeah what I always do is pick up a good fighting game. For Dreamcast it was Marvel VS Capcom 2.

Now for Gamecube, I just play Smash Brothers and if that doesn't work, play Xenosaga. Play a long RPG.

And I know it's not the most popular ideas but what I do is actually READ A BOOK! Yes you can read a book! Isn't that great? Or how about write a story?

Well that's my two cents on what I do when I get bored.

Robantifast
Apr 15, 2003, 08:46 PM
Well first you give the L&K to me...
Haha no seriously I got sick of PSO on DC ver. 1. Ver. 2 made it worse because of how retarded they made ultimate. I waited for the GC one to come out, and now I can't get enough of it. Mmmm so fun. Anyways, yeah if you just wait like a few days it might seem more fun. I highly recommend Xenosaga in your spare time. Such a fun game.

ginko990
Apr 15, 2003, 08:49 PM
It kinda sounds liek your not online, if your an offline player, thats your problem right there lol.

otherwise, set it down for a couple days. I just hit 1000 hours on GC today, and Im still not bored(lvls 188/115/95/65).

I got bored of PSO DC, and eventually quit that, I dont think Ill ever actually quit PSO GC, maybe slow down a bit.

But anyway, if your offline, get online, someway or another, otherwise take a break.

Eclypse
Apr 15, 2003, 09:19 PM
I've gotten bored of this game I don't know how many times. When I got on for the first tome back when it first launched on DC I played heavily for about 2 or 3 months then I got bored it and sold me DC. After it got closer for Ver.2 to come out I started getting hyped again and then I bought another DC to play PSOv.2. After 3 or 4 month of that I sold my DC again and just waited untli the first version came out for either GC or Xbox. IT was the GC version, so I bought a GC for this game only and the thrill lasted until Like late Janurary and I cancelled my HL. I restarted my license about a month later and played until I just decided I wanted the Xbox version more. No matter how many times I have gotten sick of this game I keep coming back for it. That is what good games do to you. They make you sick then have you reeling back for some more.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Apr 15, 2003, 09:22 PM
Getting grounded, from video games then coming back to them gave me the boost again.

Para
Apr 15, 2003, 09:56 PM
ive been playing some TFT so i alternate between pso and TFT http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Scan_Man
Apr 15, 2003, 10:09 PM
I never got bored with PSO. The only times I stopped playing were because I had school work or bought a new game. Whenever I'm free, I'm on PSO.

Raziel_Kai
Apr 16, 2003, 06:27 AM
If I get bored from playing PSO, I usually play any other game that has been collecting dust in my shelves. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
Otherwise, I go out and either end up playing some D&D or bar-hopping with my friends.
If I were online, I don't think I could pry myself off the controller to come to work. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Azman
Apr 16, 2003, 12:41 PM
Jeez.....i've beared this long enough now, i gotta say it! PSOW forums and the site itself is driving me MAAAAD!

I havn't been able to play PSO sonce Christmas 2002 on the DC and i've been slowly going insane. I sold my Dreamcast to buy a Cube, but now I'm not allowed to buy PSO until after my exams, which finish in JULY! My friend owning it and enjoying doesn't help either.

Reading about all the fun you guys are having is seriously irritating, and to top it off, I'm gonna miss the Easter rappies, and wait for the halloween ones! why can't there be more holidays!

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...