PDA

View Full Version : CPU Overheating as soon as PSO2 Launches

Yamashii
May 9, 2014, 09:38 PM
Hey everyone! I've been having an issue that I just don't even know where to begin. So as the thread title says, I'll start HWMonitor, then PSO2 and during that time a couple of odd things happen.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i61.tinypic.com/hx1av7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Among the most notable, my CPU's temperature rises to 245c, which I'm pretty sure it should die IMMEDIATELY if that's true. Also, for some reason the wattage on my CPU normally shoots to 70w, but in that picture it didn't happen...

Strangely, the CPU's fan doesn't exhaust unusually hot air either, given it's supposed temperature. The Northbridge chip seems to be where the heat's coming from, but even then I highly doubt it's 245c...
I'm sure it's not a specs issue, given that you can see my PC's parts in the HWMonitor window are way above minimum.

I was going to just to write it off as HWmonitor giving me a false positive, but I've recently been having full system shut downs with no warning or BSOD (only while PSO2 is running, mind you), which is normally indicative of over heating, or so I understand. My parts aren't overclocked. I've checked all of my physical hardware, reseated my CPU a couple times, applied new thermal grease to it, checked all my physical connections, tried other games, tried the PSO2 Character Creator demo... Nothing else seems to give me this problem. I'm thinking it's a gameguard issue, since that's the only thing (that I know of) that differs between the CC demo and the actual PSO2 game.

All that being said, has this ever happened to anyone else? Any advice at all on this matter would be appreciated, I just can't fathom why this is even happening and only with this ONE specific game. ._.

Regardless, thank you for your time.