PDA

View Full Version : A preview to my 1st book

BogusKun
May 14, 2014, 10:57 PM
I am including a link to a story I have been working on for 15 years. I was not entirely sure on what the format of the story will be so I have explored the graphic novel approach. Honestly, I am terrible at drawing as this is my first time. Each panel can take up to 18 hours, so I have considered moving into doing novels with limited illustration (or maybe more) and typed text.

Anyways, this story is a superhero story following a high school student who acquires an extraterrestrial power. This book starts from the beginning and will show where and how he gets his power from. Also, keep in mind, this is a concept book. I don't know if I should go with this style, or type it out and find an illustrator of my own.

Enjoy, and don't forget to tell your friends ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0AN541vyiI9eG9WVUtaY2VsYzQ/edit?usp=sharing

Here is a Facebook page as well: www.facebook.com/projectyscariot
There you can see a few illustrations of characters that will appear in the story.

yoshiblue
May 15, 2014, 08:54 PM
15 years is quite a while. I always wanted to do a graphic novel but I find that the largest issue for me is to tell the story in a small amount of frames. Kinda like four panel comics. I hope your story is well received.

BogusKun
May 16, 2014, 07:07 PM
Thanks yoshiblue! I didn't know whether I wanted the story to be a video game, animation, or book. I was 15 years old when I thought it up and wrote it down. Plus, most names and the settings were different. The characters names have been changed over the years, the story's title, and switching the setting from a real world into a whole new one came into play in the last year. Being in the military for 8 years didn't give me much time to be a writer. I just thought of making illustrations to help reinforce the story's images from words.

I actually decided to do a novel, but I'm allowing free downloads of the preview to circulate. Hope you enjoy.