PDA

View Full Version : Fo/Te units and affix

Nulve
May 15, 2014, 10:08 AM
Hi, I'm a 65/65 Fo/Te and am looking to replace my antiquated Fo/Te units; What would be the ideal units to get?

I'm thinking of Fegali Set + Arm / Flau Talon, but there are probably better ones to get.

I'd like each unit affix to have something like: Elder Soul / Tech 3/ Spirita 3 and perhaps a Stamina boost for extra HP. I'd like to end with at least 130 PP and 800+ HP (550-600HP w/ nothing equipped atm)

What would be the best approach to doing this affix and ending with a complete 100% success for each ability? (Am willing to buy +30% affix success if necessary)

For example, when making Ranger units (Mizer/Shoot 3/Spirita Boost) I used a +20% at the end to end with triple 100%, I'm hoping for a similar thing when making these Fo/Te units.

Gama
May 15, 2014, 10:31 AM
i'm currently using Foly rear, hexa arm, foly leg

grind+10

Ragne soul and Tech III

Silver Crow
May 15, 2014, 10:36 AM
Elder Set with Elder Soul, Tech3, Spirita3, Tech Boost. 100% affix chance if you know how to affix properly ^^

Nulve
May 15, 2014, 10:45 AM
Elder Set with Elder Soul, Tech3, Spirita3, Tech Boost. 100% affix chance if you know how to affix properly ^^

Cool, care to explain how you achieved 100% success rate? The x,x,x,x then soul,x,x,x pattern, etc. Thanks.

ChinaSue
May 15, 2014, 10:53 AM

If you are looking for high PP units, I see almost no reason to use Elder Set over Folly set. Assuming you aren't using an elder weapon, Elder Set gets you 121 PP before affixes. Folly set + Flau Talon (or Heiremjees if you really want strike resist) get you to 126 before affixes. I believe the best options for FO units at the moment are either

Crafted Negroo ( 119 PP, 90 t-atk )
Folly + Flau Talon or Heiremjees ( 126 PP, 60 t-atk )

XQ units could be an option, but there is no reason to use them over crafted negroo if you want a set with a 90 atk set bonus. Crafted negroo gives more PP.

EDIT: You can replace Folly with Fegali and you won't miss out on anything important.

Cool, care to explain how you achieved 100% success rate? The x,x,x,x then soul,x,x,x pattern, etc. Thanks.
Among your fodder and the target have 3 elder souls, 1 tech3, and 1 spirita3. Add a 20% at the end when you combine everything.

Arada
May 15, 2014, 11:05 AM
Simple recipe for 1 armor with 4 slots as follow:
Elder Soul / Technique III / Spirita III / Spirita Boost

1. Buy 6x armors with 4 slots and Elder Soul
2. Buy 1x armor with 4 slots and Technique III
3. Buy 1x armor with 4 slots and Spirita III
4. Buy 1x Spirita Boost
5. Use 2x armors with Elder Soul and 1x armor with Technique III to make "Fodder 1" which is a 4 slots armor with Elder Soul / Technique III / Junk / Junk. This has a 50% / 80% / 100% / 100% chance. I advise to use ability affix boosters here.
6. Use 2x armors with Elder Soul and 1x armor with Spirita III to make "Fodder 2" which is a 4 slots armor with Elder Soul / Spirita III / Junk / Junk. This has a 50% / 80% / 100% / 100% chance. I advise to use ability affix boosters here.
7. Take your target armor and expand its number of slots up to 4. I recommend not using any boost but for the last expansion from 3 to 4 slots.
8. Take 2x armors with Elder Soul and your target armor to affix Elder Soul on it. This should have a 50% / 100% / 100% / 100% chance. I advise to use ability affix boosters here.
9. Take your target armor, "Fodder 1", "Fodder 2" and your Spirita Boost. When prompted, use your Spirita Boost and mix everything. Normal chances are 80% / 80% / 80% / 100%. With a +20% affix booster, it's a garanted affix.

Steps 5-8 may fail and may need to be repeated.
The affix will not be so easy outside of this combination, Stamina III is not boosted by Elder Soul for instance so its base chances are 60% and not 80%.
You can freely use a Stamina Boost or a Technique Boost instead of a Spirita Boost.

Silver Crow
May 15, 2014, 11:26 AM
If you are looking for high PP units, I see almost no reason to use Elder Set over Folly set. Assuming you aren't using an elder weapon, Elder Set gets you 121 PP before affixes. Folly set + Flau Talon (or Heiremjees if you really want strike resist) get you to 126 before affixes. I believe the best options for FO units at the moment are either

XQ units could be an option, but there is no reason to use them over crafted negroo if you want a set with a 90 atk set bonus. Crafted negroo gives more PP.

EDIT: You can replace Folly with Fegali and you won't miss out on anything important.

Among your fodder and the target have 3 elder souls, 1 tech3, and 1 spirita3. Add a 20% at the end when you combine everything.

ohh thanks for the info, I thought white tail was the only +10 pp unit

Nulve
May 15, 2014, 11:53 AM
Simple recipe for 1 armor with 4 slots as follow:
Elder Soul / Technique III / Spirita III / Spirita Boost

1. Buy 6x armors with 4 slots and Elder Soul
2. Buy 1x armor with 4 slots and Technique III
3. Buy 1x armor with 4 slots and Spirita III
4. Buy 1x Spirita Boost
5. Use 2x armors with Elder Soul and 1x armor with Technique III to make "Fodder 1" which is a 4 slots armor with Elder Soul / Technique III / Junk / Junk. This has a 50% / 80% / 100% / 100% chance. I advise to use ability affix boosters here.
6. Use 2x armors with Elder Soul and 1x armor with Spirita III to make "Fodder 2" which is a 4 slots armor with Elder Soul / Spirita III / Junk / Junk. This has a 50% / 80% / 100% / 100% chance. I advise to use ability affix boosters here.
7. Take your target armor and expand its number of slots up to 4. I recommend not using any boost but for the last expansion from 3 to 4 slots.
8. Take 2x armors with Elder Soul and your target armor to affix Elder Soul on it. This should have a 50% / 100% / 100% / 100% chance. I advise to use ability affix boosters here.
9. Take your target armor, "Fodder 1", "Fodder 2" and your Spirita Boost. When prompted, use your Spirita Boost and mix everything. Normal chances are 80% / 80% / 80% / 100%. With a +20% affix booster, it's a garanted affix.

Steps 5-8 may fail and may need to be repeated.
The affix will not be so easy outside of this combination, Stamina III is not boosted by Elder Soul for instance so its base chances are 60% and not 80%.
You can freely use a Stamina Boost or a Technique Boost instead of a Spirita Boost.

Thanks so much. Exactly the kind of info I needed.

Coatl
May 16, 2014, 07:30 AM

This is what I run as well. I didn't want too much PP because it doesn't help you at all when you have Photon blast or convert running. Funny enough my FO has the least PP of all my classes with 159 PP.

Kantalope
May 16, 2014, 08:13 AM

Is the strike resist noticeable? I was looking at some arm units with folly and wanted to ignore the flau because of no strike resist.

ChinaSue
May 16, 2014, 10:43 AM
This is what I run as well. I didn't want too much PP because it doesn't help you at all when you have Photon blast or convert running. Funny enough my FO has the least PP of all my classes with 159 PP.

I use those affixes on units as well, but with abil3 in 5th slot. I have 147 PP without weapon, and 150 with. 153 with cake. That seems to be more than enough.

Is the strike resist noticeable? I was looking at some arm units with folly and wanted to ignore the flau because of no strike resist.

I use Heiremjees, but only because I didn't know Flau existed at the time I made my units. I wouldn't worry about getting strike resist. I don't think you get hit enough in this game for it to really matter. And in the content where your gear matters the most (TA), ideally, you shouldn't be getting hit at all.

Silver Crow
May 16, 2014, 05:51 PM
I use those affixes on units as well, but with abil3 in 5th slot. I have 147 PP without weapon, and 150 with. 153 with cake. That seems to be more than enough.

I use Heiremjees, but only because I didn't know Flau existed at the time I made my units. I wouldn't worry about getting strike resist. I don't think you get hit enough in this game for it to really matter. And in the content where your gear matters the most (TA), ideally, you shouldn't be getting hit at all.

Abi3 is ridiculous, 20% chance to fail an atk boost worth 5+m? plus the price of souls on 5 slots is ridiculous, to make the fodder for that alone will cost millions. ionno, I think I'd rather sick to 100% affix and I put the rest of the money towards character aesthetics D:

KatsuraJun
May 16, 2014, 07:27 PM
I slapped it on my weapon since weapon affix fodders are cheap as hell right now. (Gwan + Shoot/Tech III + 2junk is like 90k? for strike weapons) and a 30% boost is easy to get given how many excubes we're getting showered with daily now.

Hell no on my units though, 15 atk just isn't quite worth it to me.

Silver Crow
May 17, 2014, 05:06 AM
I slapped it on my weapon since weapon affix fodders are cheap as hell right now. (Gwan + Shoot/Tech III + 2junk is like 90k? for strike weapons) and a 30% boost is easy to get given how many excubes we're getting showered with daily now.

Hell no on my units though, 15 atk just isn't quite worth it to me.

could you get abi3 to 100% with 30% booster if the target item also has abi3? if so then that's pretty good actually

Sandmind
May 17, 2014, 10:14 AM
could you get abi3 to 100% with 30% booster if the target item also has abi3? if so then that's pretty good actually

Transfering abi3 as lower rate than simply making it and you would need a 10% affix boost even + a 30% booster for 100%.

Nulve
May 26, 2014, 05:44 AM
So, I have about 2100 T Atk atm (inc. Gear + Mag), and I'm about to make the arm unit.

Which affix is best for the arm (Flau Talon), the same T Atk 60/ PP 12? or something else? I'm playing a Ice/Dark who relies a lot on Il Barta for bosses, so the high PP does come in handy.