PDA

View Full Version : The dumbest thing you've seen in an EQ

Pages : 1 [2] 3

infiniteeverlasting
May 22, 2014, 02:26 PM
Have the nearest braver shunka to death or assisted suicide? Don't know hard to think of these things in the heat of the moment xD

SEPPUKU

[SPOILER-BOX]https://markystar.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/seppuku-o.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Alukard
May 22, 2014, 04:22 PM
There is nothing more hilarious than a topic where casuals cry about their likes. What's next? Giga making a topic on how viable HP units are for loser?

Skize
May 22, 2014, 08:08 PM
>Enter a new run of In the Driving Rain 2
>Has 12/12 MPA
>Emergency Code [Joker]! aleady going on
>sweet

>Emergency Code [Joker] failed!

...what

I've failed a Joker E-Code only once during Wild Easter. Guess where I was at cause I dced earlier? Yeah, B-20. Good game to me.

Kumichan
May 22, 2014, 08:21 PM
Giga making a topic on how viable HP units are for loser?

With lots of math, graphs, raving about the balance and suggestions on how to fix the "problem".

GHNeko
May 22, 2014, 08:22 PM
Wait. I was told Joker EQ always fails but you still get the RDR boost.

How do you pass it? Attack it until it reaches max?

Alukard
May 22, 2014, 08:29 PM
With lots of math, graphs, raving about the balance and suggestions on how to fix the "problem".

For someone who joined just recently, you sure give him a lot of credit. Especially if you consider how anyone on here should be mostly unknown to you. Go back to your original account, kid. Probably banned, anyway.

Wait. I was told Joker EQ always fails but you still get the RDR boost.

How do you pass it? Attack it until it reaches max?

Any requirement, other than hitting it with your club, would exceed the capability of a mpa.

ArcaneTechs
May 22, 2014, 08:45 PM
probably the only stupid thing I can think of on the top of my mind is during the fight with Luther when he does the time freeze, people for god knows why seem to insist on breaking ALL the swords still when you know that AoE is about to hit and they just keep goin at it till they die and then expect people to revive them when really they should have stayed in a safe area and leave the remaining to the ranged players if need be

GoldenFalcon
May 22, 2014, 08:47 PM
probably the only stupid thing I can think of on the top of my mind is during the fight with Luther when he does the time freeze, people for god knows why seem to insist on breaking ALL the swords still when you know that AoE is about to hit and they just keep goin at it till they die and then expect people to revive them when really they should have stayed in a safe area and leave the remaining to the ranged players if need be

It's to save the players who don't break out of time freeze. Which you know, are part of this thread

Lashette
May 22, 2014, 08:53 PM
It's to save the players who don't break out of time freeze. Which you know, are part of this thread

It's not hard to break out of the time freeze, just as easy as getting out of being stunned.

BIG OLAF
May 22, 2014, 08:55 PM
Speaking of which, ain't it a riot that you can wiggle out of eldritch magic (the time freeze), but not ice?

Lashette
May 22, 2014, 08:57 PM
Speaking of which, ain't it a riot that you can wiggle out of eldritch magic (the time freeze), but not ice?

Used to be able to in PSO1. Sad PSO2 don't let you do that, since getting frozen is annoying.

Xaeris
May 22, 2014, 08:58 PM
I can see why they changed it. Getting frozen in PSO1 was trivial thanks to joystick wiggling. Here, being frozen makes you legitimately vulnerable for several seconds.

GHNeko
May 22, 2014, 09:00 PM
Why even try to run away from time freeze swords when you can abuse KC Finish invincibility or simply just KC with Combat Escape huehuehuehue

#bravermasterrace

gigawuts
May 22, 2014, 09:01 PM
There is nothing more hilarious than a topic where casuals cry about their likes. What's next? Giga making a topic on how viable HP units are for loser?

HP units are very viable for loser; if you can reach 7,000,000 hp he shouldn't be able to kill you, letting you go without healing for the entire fight.

Xaeris
May 22, 2014, 09:03 PM
7m? Scrub, get good. If you can't at least affix a vingtillion, you may as well uninstall.

Lashette
May 22, 2014, 09:05 PM
HP units are very viable for loser; if you can reach 7,000,000 hp he shouldn't be able to kill you, letting you go without healing for the entire fight.

Call me when you reach 7,000,000 HP

BIG OLAF
May 22, 2014, 09:08 PM
I can see why they changed it. Getting frozen in PSO1 was trivial thanks to joystick wiggling. Here, being frozen makes you legitimately vulnerable for several seconds.

You can still joystick wiggle if you play with a controller, though. It just doesn't make any sense that you can wiggle out of halted time, and a regular stun, but not ice. Do it all, or do none.

Call me when you reach 7,000,000 HP

You may or may not have felt the tinge of sarcasm in his post.

Lashette
May 22, 2014, 09:18 PM
I knew it was sarcasm, can I not reply with sarcasm?

btw-Niji
May 22, 2014, 09:20 PM
Big Olaf is kinda special... please excuse him.

Lashette
May 22, 2014, 09:44 PM
Nah I don't mind Big Olaf, I get a good laugh out of a lot of their posts.

Linkzah
May 22, 2014, 10:04 PM
A GU/TE with an Elysion with the potential Lv.1 charging megid when it specializes in non charged spells haha......unless the potential is Lv.3 of course it doesn't matter as much anymore. But in this case the guy was a fool.

BIG OLAF
May 22, 2014, 10:05 PM
Trying too hard always leads to doing it wrong. Internet 101.

gigawuts
May 22, 2014, 10:05 PM
but not if you want drops, you can never try to hard to get drops

GoldenFalcon
May 22, 2014, 10:16 PM
A GU/TE with an Elysion

The REAL issue here is that it's crafted

Venkas
May 23, 2014, 09:23 AM
I think a lot of people don't know about not crafting 10* weapons. I didn't for the longest time until I read up on it. None of my friends knew (we all started about four weeks ago) so to make fun of people like that is kinda wtf.

Unless they know different, I don't blame them.

Vampy
May 23, 2014, 09:29 AM
I can't blame them sega made a poor excuse of a crafting system.

Code-red
May 23, 2014, 09:30 AM
probably the dumbest thing i seen during is when people leave towers undefended in td1. it is also the one eq i curse the most off screen when the guys that suppose to be covering the tower run off to who knows where. They leave the base unattended and people who are covering the other towers have to come in to clean up their mess. which leaves the towers that were being attended to open to attack from the gold swarms and other darkers. The other issue is that people tend to swarm the bosses leaving the towers unattended to.

Sp-24
May 23, 2014, 09:44 AM
It would've been better if you could see the entire MPA on your large map (or if characters didn't disappear at a distance; seriously, it's only 12 models), since, right now, I have to guess whether a tower is being defended, or if everyone is trying to camp spawn spots as always. Buff/heal/dodge/attack autowords are a blessing in this case, since it's the only way to tell if people are there.

Rien
May 23, 2014, 10:02 AM
ok, since I've now seen the japanese doing it: Why do people attack Mr. Umbla, even when it's an emergency code?

gigawuts
May 23, 2014, 10:06 AM
ok, since I've now seen the japanese doing it: Why do people attack Mr. Umbla, even when it's an emergency code?

To get him to go away, because the EQ is only available for a little while and they don't want to waste time. They likely have boosters running, and want to trigger more spawns.

Sometimes clearing him is fast, sometimes it's not. Hitting him is always fast.

Z-0
May 23, 2014, 10:07 AM
Wastes time. Look at it this way:

The Emergency Trial takes from 30 seconds to multiple minutes, depending on Umbra RNG. The code gives like 2,000 EXP, and the only "decent" drop is Umbra Rod, which is worth like... 50k? 80k? At best it's an excube.

Added to that, while there IS a CO for Umbra, it's only worth 14,000. In the time you're stood waiting for Umbra, you could've made far, far more than 14,000 EXP, plus the chance for superior drops and whatnot. If you are really dying to do the CO, kill rockbear at the end of your last run in Area 2, as the parallel world with Umbra has a very high chance of appearing.

oratank
May 23, 2014, 11:15 AM
yeah it waste time
but if u want to go that quick just go on your own and let him be where he is .stop being self centered and ruin orther people in mpa

gigawuts
May 23, 2014, 11:17 AM
yeah it waste time
but if u want to go that quick just go on your own and let him be where he is .stop being self centered and ruin orther people in mpa

Triggering spawns solo results in tiny spawns, so if they run off it ruins everyone's experience.

Most people who stand around Umbra don't care either way. Only a very small number of people will care about doing Umbra. Demanding that everyone wait for you is just as rude as failing the code immediately, if not more rude due to being in the minority.

oratank
May 23, 2014, 11:23 AM
oh man u said solo spawns in full mpa next very small number of people will care about doing Umbra. well which one is smaller? please

GHNeko
May 23, 2014, 11:25 AM
So pretty much, Umbra is a Lose/Lose in an MPA.

Its a EC best dealt with with a small party of people who know each other lol.

Z-0
May 23, 2014, 11:30 AM
Rather than be ignorant, how about you realise that Umbra is a waste of time and is better to be hit?

If people are waiting for Umbra, they are misinformed and should be showed / told otherwise, and should get their Umbra CO clear in the parallel world at the end of the last run if they are really dying to do it, which doesn't disrupt the MPA.

Because you will get much more out of hitting him and skipping him. Everyone will, it's just in our best interests for everyone.

oratank
May 23, 2014, 11:37 AM
i realise it a waste of time and i move away to find more mob. i don't care if they follow me or not cause it was their choice to stand there and it was my choice to move forward.i get what i want so they are.

gigawuts
May 23, 2014, 11:42 AM
oh man u said solo spawns in full mpa next very small number of people will care about doing Umbra. well which one is smaller? please

A lot of people just idly stand next to Umbra but don't really want to do it and won't cry very hard when it's failed.

They won't run away from Umbra because they don't want to just run off solo.

That's what most players are like, in my experience.

I don't know about you but I'd rather have all 12 people moving forward in 20 seconds and lose umbra than get umbra and have 1 guy trigger a single miniboss 3 grids away.

Alukard
May 23, 2014, 11:50 AM
I think oratanks issue is that, even though it is better for the mpa to hit it and move on, you're basically making that decision for the other player by taking away the possibility to do umbra. Since I am a self-centered asshole I couldn't care less and I gladly hit umbra for the same reason I hit the lilipa robot, because it's a waste of time.

Edit: nvm, he still has the possibility to do umbra considering the high chance of getting it in the parallel world. So even for the "good guys" around here, there is no reason to not hit umbra.

Aine
May 23, 2014, 11:53 AM
While we're on the subject, Rain is much better when you run it anti-clockwise. For some reason bosses and other trials (including Powan) spawn much more frequently that way.

Z-0
May 23, 2014, 11:59 AM
It's weird you should say that, because we had much better spawns last night running clockwise than anti-clockwise.

Remz69
May 23, 2014, 12:04 PM
It's weird you should say that, because we had much better spawns last night running clockwise than anti-clockwise.

it's not weird, it means RNG is working as intended.... wait, well damn that's actually a first

Alukard
May 23, 2014, 12:07 PM
I had much better spawns after scratching my ass, you guys should do it too.

GHNeko
May 23, 2014, 12:12 PM
The last few posts concerning Umbra are kinda depressing lol.

Vintasticvin
May 23, 2014, 12:33 PM
Dumbest thing I seen in an EQ.... Hm, ooo Shunkatards Shunking to their hearts content and nor reviving the pile of dead players.

Chdata
May 23, 2014, 02:24 PM
While we're on the subject, Rain is much better when you run it anti-clockwise. For some reason bosses and other trials (including Powan) spawn much more frequently that way.

Proof that it doesn't matter which way you go. Though I've seen better counterclockwise that clockwise so far.

Macman
May 23, 2014, 02:43 PM
I just wished people would agree on a standard direction. It's like this EQ just sits on the equator and we got people swirling either way on either side of it.

infiniteeverlasting
May 23, 2014, 04:05 PM
I just wished people would agree on a standard direction. It's like this EQ just sits on the equator and we got people swirling either way on either side of it.

can someone tell me the proper way to say "everyone lets go counter clockwise" in JPN??? maybe that might work.

Sp-24
May 23, 2014, 04:09 PM
Just follow the majority, or lead everyone. It's not like heading matters.

btw-Niji
May 23, 2014, 04:13 PM
I swear, Wind & Rain EQ was nerfed or something. :(

It was great during the first day. Burst rate was pretty high, large spawns were common with 12/12, etc

Ever since the maintenance, bursts are super rare and spawns are noticeable smaller.

Also, I highly doubt direction matters . . .

infiniteeverlasting
May 23, 2014, 04:17 PM

It was great during the first day. Burst rate was pretty high, large spawns were common with 12/12, etc

Ever since the maintenance, bursts are super rare and spawns are noticeable smaller.

same, i have this suspicion that they also brought down the time to get to the baize in darker's nest. sega's scammin! :argh::argh:

BIG OLAF
May 23, 2014, 05:26 PM
I am a self-centered asshole

Revelation of the year right there.

Alukard
May 23, 2014, 05:38 PM
Revelation of the year right there.

I guess that's only news to someone who is even more self-centered than I am. No worries though, I understand. You are busy making up bs for your 10k posts achievement.

Chdata
May 23, 2014, 06:06 PM

Nope, they're all common to me. Constant RB and haze draals and always a burst halfway through for me.

Vintasticvin
May 23, 2014, 06:07 PM
Just follow the majority, or lead everyone. It's not like heading matters.

=] RUN WITH THE HORDE!!!!

btw-Niji
May 23, 2014, 06:21 PM
Nope, they're all common to me. Constant RB and haze draals and always a burst halfway through for me.
Strange, because you're one of the very few people to say this.

Z-0
May 23, 2014, 06:24 PM
Last Team MPA I think we got 3 Rockbears during the entire 40 minutes.

Three.

Like wow.

btw-Niji
May 23, 2014, 06:25 PM
Incredible.

gigawuts
May 23, 2014, 06:25 PM
Nope, I got the same thing as chdata last EQ too. Lots of rockbears, haze draal, chrome dragon, rig, multiple zesh, two bowans, etc.

It's just random being random. Remember, in any given collection of events 50% of them are below average.

Chdata
May 23, 2014, 06:26 PM
I keep seeing like 6-9 RB spawns nearly in a row in random EQs, sometimes a few squares apart, sometimes immediately as I enter, sometimes a Haze draal immediately as we enter.

seilent
May 23, 2014, 06:29 PM
in my last run i meet fake pse burst instead, its not PSE Burst situation but the mobs keep spawning in 1 spot till everyone's points reached 1000..

Chdata
May 23, 2014, 06:30 PM
It's because the previous group of players were in a pse burst. It's just that you can't join in the middle of a burst to help its spawns / be part of the burst (meaning, have the countdown timer, you can still kill stuff).

GHNeko
May 23, 2014, 07:41 PM
I've had 18 RB (4 Rare) spawns, 6 Ragnes (Rare or Alternate 'Hollow Shell' versions; no plain Dark Ragne), 4 chrome dragons, and 6 Wols show up in the span of 2 EQs back to back lol.

This quest is nonsense.

Chdata
May 23, 2014, 09:06 PM
Yeah, dunno what's wrong with your groups not getting insta PSE bursts or RB spawns like this...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/gi5LWGf.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Only 2 minutes in...

At least this isn't so bad when the mobs can drop 11* too.

Our quest ended here at 1000 points quite quickly.

This is in B11

Shinamori
May 23, 2014, 09:25 PM
Being in a Vita block.

infiniteeverlasting
May 23, 2014, 10:11 PM
Yeah, dunno what's wrong with your groups not getting insta PSE bursts or RB spawns like this...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/gi5LWGf.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Only 2 minutes in...

At least this isn't so bad when the mobs can drop 11* too.

Our quest ended here at 1000 points quite quickly.

This is in B11

this was exactly what i was experiencing, super fast 1000 reach with that immediate cross bursts as i enter the MPA.
on my first run, the moment i dropped down for the telepipe, a dark agrani spawned followed immediately by a haze draal.

and it does seem that i got a bit more rare enemies going counter clockwise. first run went counter clockwise and all the rigshraydas rogbelts spawned left and right non stop. clock-wise: pretty much all normal enemies except for a few rogbelts.

Chdata
May 23, 2014, 10:23 PM
Between doing runs clockwise and counterclockwise, I see little difference in spawn rates, even joker can spawn if you go clockwise. But I think the area to the right gets bosses/joker more often and definitely more darkers (good for weddie park / demon talis). Probably because it's a lot of squares closer together.

All the time it's just crazy amounts of rare boosted enemies and bosses.

infiniteeverlasting
May 23, 2014, 10:25 PM
Between doing runs clockwise and counterclockwise, I see little difference in spawn rates, even joker can spawn if you go clockwise. But I think the area to the right gets bosses more often and definitely more darkers (good for weddie park / demon talis).

All the time it's just crazy amounts of rare boosted enemies and bosses.

even zam dropped to 200k , this is insane. if i had premium, i'd be long done with this game considering the amount of time i spend on it...

Chdata
May 23, 2014, 10:35 PM
It was 60k at one point.

Ephidiel
May 23, 2014, 10:37 PM
and right after the pricedrops of course i find a Zam and Fliph

infiniteeverlasting
May 23, 2014, 10:39 PM
It was 60k at one point.

When? It was always over 1mil until this EQ came out o.O

Chdata
May 23, 2014, 10:49 PM
First day, it dropped to 60k.

LordKaiser
May 24, 2014, 12:06 AM
Force not using wind on chest when Luther countdown was around 5 minutes only. We ran out of time because she was using her wind techs on it's face only.

Chdata
May 24, 2014, 12:19 AM
You should've stopped by the time you were at 15 minutes left. (In terms of 'stupid stuff in EQs').

LordKaiser
May 24, 2014, 12:42 AM
I don't want to be labeled as a rage quitter.... :(

Nvm I'll bring a weapon with mirage next time as a good measure. Oh btw the ranger was using wb on the closed clock..

Chdata
May 24, 2014, 02:28 AM
Username: Hey Can I ask a question?
Username: Hmm what's that.?
Username: Why !?
... spammed randomly.

Remilia Scarlet: Are those autowords lol
Username: oh lol yes
Username: it trick people in battle

Chik'Tikka
May 24, 2014, 02:36 AM
idiots killing umbla in every rain mission when all i want to do is complete that Xie CO and fill out my bingo card.... people are so rude all of a sudden+^_^+

Macman
May 24, 2014, 03:00 AM
Go to area 2

Oh btw the ranger was using wb on the closed clock..
That can have it's use if it's timed well. WBing the closed clock pretty much ensures that the core will be WB'd the instant mirage procs, it helps compensate for lag. I still find it to be a waste of WBs, though.

Aurorra
May 24, 2014, 03:27 AM
Go to area 2

That can have it's use if it's timed well. WBing the closed clock pretty much ensures that the core will be WB'd the instant mirage procs, it helps compensate for lag. I still find it to be a waste of WBs, though.

Closed core and open core are actually separate entities I believe, WB seems to disappear as soon as it opens.

Aurorra
May 24, 2014, 03:29 AM
idiots killing umbla in every rain mission when all i want to do is complete that Xie CO and fill out my bingo card.... people are so rude all of a sudden+^_^+

They're doing that so he doesn't give points and they can stay in the EQ longer.

Chdata
May 24, 2014, 03:32 AM
So we had baize pop twice in a row in darker den EQ.

The first time was fine, because we PSE bursted twice before getting to it.

But the second time... we just didn't get there fast enough I guess?

btw-Niji
May 24, 2014, 03:55 AM
You guys know you can just do Umbra by entering the parallel world warp in the boss room, right? ._.

Even if you got 1000/1000 points, it'll still appear.

GHNeko
May 24, 2014, 05:12 AM
Closed core and open core are actually separate entities I believe, WB seems to disappear as soon as it opens.

They are. I use click targeting and my targeting vanishes and I shunka into some random direction when it closes.

Fucking trips me up every time. Fucking Falz man. Why can I Shunka THROUGH you ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

You guys know you can just do Umbra by entering the parallel world warp in the boss room, right? ._.

Wait let me get this straight. so if I go to area 3 and go into the boss chamber, I'll get Umbra?

Coreven
May 24, 2014, 05:59 AM
missing one shunka hit doesn't really matter when 95% of the fight is chasing luther around anyway

area 2. area 2 has rockbear boss and then parallel world teleport to umblla.

KatherineAlexandra
May 24, 2014, 09:09 AM
Getting disconnected at the start of Falz phase 2 after using tri+250% boosters, and being unable to join a party upon reconnecting.
This game is so oppressive.

Courina
May 24, 2014, 10:07 AM
just happen now : server status unkown right at the EQ start

Skize
May 24, 2014, 10:10 AM
just happen now : server status unkown right at the EQ start

That's the joke. Server crashing is the EQ it seems. Ugh, I was in the middle of SHAQ. There goes my capsules.

Aurorra
May 26, 2014, 12:53 AM
Ok, got a new one for this. Just watched half the Falz mpa screw themselves out of loot because they were yoloing into his core during the fire discs attack.

LordKaiser
May 26, 2014, 12:59 AM

Even if you got 1000/1000 points, it'll still appear. It won't, I already went to the boss twice on that quest and no parallel portal. It's all a lie and a excuse to shoot umbra on the field.

Sanguine2009
May 26, 2014, 01:13 AM
it can, but its not 100%. that said shooting umbla in random MPAs is a jerk move regardless. potentially ruining someone else experience just to go a small bit faster/more efficiently is not something people should do. its like nishiki dashing

Chdata
May 26, 2014, 01:15 AM
It's a good thing I decided to always play a RA class during luther... twice in a row I was the only Ranger.

Also dem mirage TMGs.

oratank
May 26, 2014, 01:32 AM
most of mpa die in loser fire disc then suddenly time freeze. the few surviver try to take down it by themself leave most of mpa face down next to their feet. u know what will happen next

Chik'Tikka
May 26, 2014, 02:20 AM

It won't, I already went to the boss twice on that quest and no parallel portal. It's all a lie and a excuse to shoot umbra on the field.

Yeah, once 1000/1000 is reached, the chance of parallel portal, which is rare anyway, won't happen+^_^+

Shinamori
May 26, 2014, 03:29 AM
I got a PA after getting 1000/1000.

GoldenFalcon
May 26, 2014, 03:39 AM
oh oh

I had a totally fail party on Luther, and the person shit-talking the party was a gunner using 100 damage infinity fire on the closed clock...

Aurorra
May 26, 2014, 03:44 AM
I got a PA after getting 1000/1000.

Yeah, you have a chance to get it upon quest clear.

btw-Niji
May 26, 2014, 03:56 AM
Yeah, once 1000/1000 is reached, the chance of parallel portal, which is rare anyway, won't happen+^_^+
It's just bad luck. Nobody said it was 100% rate. It is rather high, though. +^_^+

I've gotten it three times in the boss room... with 1000/1000 pts. +^_^+

GoldenFalcon
May 26, 2014, 05:18 AM
It's just bad luck. Nobody said it was 100% rate. It is rather high, though. +^_^+

I've gotten it three times in the boss room... with 1000/1000 pts. +^_^+

+^_^+

You get 1000 points from killing the boss

Coreven
May 26, 2014, 08:36 AM
it can, but its not 100%. that said shooting umbla in random MPAs is a jerk move regardless. potentially ruining someone else experience just to go a small bit faster/more efficiently is not something people should do. its like nishiki dashing

``bit faster'' :-D.dD-DD: D:DD_D

Rien
May 26, 2014, 10:35 AM
It's a good thing I decided to always play a RA class during luther... twice in a row I was the only Ranger.

Also dem mirage TMGs.

I've never been the only ranger in loser EQ.

Macman
May 26, 2014, 03:34 PM
oh oh

I had a totally fail party on Luther, and the person shit-talking the party was a gunner using 100 damage infinity fire on the closed clock... But did he have mirage on his TMGs? If so, then he has every right to shit talk the party.

I've never been the only ranger in loser EQ.
I fucking know right? And it always means you're going to have retarded WB wars between Apos' core/tail and Loser's core/arm. :disapprove:

Sp-24
May 26, 2014, 03:39 PM
Was playing Darker Den EQ just now, and saw someone at lv.69 and not spamming Shunka. I was, like, WTF, how aren't all these low-level scrubs banned yet?

Maenara
May 26, 2014, 03:45 PM
Was playing Darker Den EQ just now, and saw someone at lv.69 and not spamming Shunka. I was, like, WTF, how aren't all these low-level scrubs banned yet?

I know right? Sega needs to ban everyone who's not at the level cap since they're such shitty players they can't even level up. Everyone should only get a 1 hour grace period after the level cap is raised to reach the new level cap too.

starwhisper
May 29, 2014, 07:09 AM
-Rainy day 2 EQ-

Random shunka hero dashing randomly counterclockwise.

He meets Mr. Joker.

Instead of calling for other players he proceeds to open the jar with shunka.

And miserably fails the emergency, "50% rare drop boost triggered woohooo!"

It happens every day, please stop doing this. Delete pso2 from your computer if you ever did this rofl.
When your path crosses Mr Joker's, stop where you are and write in gajin gibberish "JOKER IN XY !! (XY being your location). Everebody including me will be most thankfull.

Chdata
May 29, 2014, 12:34 PM
It's possible solo with shunka... if you're not stupid.

It's 100% more possible to wait for others.

Also, you just need to say joker <pos>

btw-Niji
May 29, 2014, 12:39 PM
How do you fail Joker.... somebody please explain. I've never failed this once in any mpa. Even with B20 people.

Chdata
May 29, 2014, 12:47 PM
If you don't get that red bar up all the way, you get 75-100% RDR and it counts as failure.

A single person is capable of shunkaing/etc it all the way to red, just your Q-aim will be disconnected twice as he enlargens and you have to be restarting your attack as fast as possible if you're going to do that.

It happens commonly in the 2nd-3rd EQ with randoms where people aren't organized and people move on their own and run into Joker ignorant of the fact that if you don't attack it, you can wait for as long as you want for other people to come and help.

rub

rubrub

rub dat genie together

Rien
May 29, 2014, 12:48 PM
WB and diffuse shell your way to victory.

LordKaiser
May 29, 2014, 01:47 PM
Joker is failed mostly when people don't look and pass right from it and when the code starts time is wasted looking for it or simply when a newcomer to the quest encounter it but the raiding party is on the other site of the map and that person's PAs sucks and do little damage or hits.

Alukard
May 29, 2014, 02:13 PM
I've had it happen quite frequent. Joined mpa "code: joker" and 5s later "failed".

gigawuts
May 29, 2014, 03:06 PM
My favorite part is when a code joker shows up and people are scattered all goddamn over the place and nobody knows where it is, so everyone looks around and OH HEY IT'S ON THE OTHER SIDE, WHILE 11 PEOPLE ARE RIGHT HERE. Then we fail it.

My even favorite-er part is when that same situation happens, except it's not on the same side. It was behind us. By one grid, either lagged or triggered by the straggler. Nobody thought to turn around. Now I turn around every single time.

Macman
May 29, 2014, 03:55 PM
Gotta watch for those non-yellow enemy markers, yo.

Chdata
Jun 1, 2014, 03:40 AM
Instead of something stupid, something good for a change:

Found out that joker's time limits stack. Yay 4:56 of 300% RDR.

Maenara
Jun 3, 2014, 10:24 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/c1XKjJq.png[/spoiler-box]

Notice how their score is a multiple of 10. Highly unlikely that they did ANYTHING but gather crystals.

Gaylar
Jun 3, 2014, 10:50 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/c1XKjJq.png[/spoiler-box]

Notice how their score is a multiple of 10. Highly unlikely that they did ANYTHING but gather crystals.

Oh I've seen this person before, on Incursion.
Basically did the same thing, didn't get a screen cap but all they did was go around wasting all their PP on asagiri for movement while they looted every crystal in sight, to be fair though, he did attack mobs, but he's using a fucking Roundeet (unsure if crafted), he didn't get any kills.

In that same run we lost both sets of walls, two towers, and I (as a sword HU) was consistently placing over the shunka/ilmegid tards, not that that really says anything due to how the point system works, but come on.

The only saving grace was that there was one FO actually using Zondeel. That single FO saved the entire run, and had my utmost respect for it.

Xaeris
Jun 3, 2014, 10:55 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://i.imgur.com/qKOCTf4.jpg

Atmius
Jun 3, 2014, 11:01 PM
Instead of something stupid, something good for a change:

Found out that joker's time limits stack. Yay 4:56 of 300% RDR.

The catch here is that joker's RDR starts at 5 minutes, and doesn't stack at all. Any additional jokers just put it back at 5 minutes.

Chdata
Jun 3, 2014, 11:06 PM
I thought it was 3 minutes olo

I just so happened to check my boost timers when it was at like 1:38 and saw 4:xx, easy mistake I guess.

Skize
Jun 3, 2014, 11:20 PM
Lol, this reminds me of a person who told me to "farm" crystals elsewhere while I gathered crystals near the Blue Tower in TD1 when there was no wave coming. He farmed crystals the entire time, and didn't even help when a wave came at blue tower. This isn't the only person either. I've seen FO's doing nothing but spam w/e that tech is to move forward to get crystals. Unless you get lucky with a good MPA, or do a team MPA, getting a 3rd run is a complete joke these days. I blame the B20ians spreading across all blocks cause its where the "best" go during EQs.

@Xaeris It's cause the server might be fairly empty. Every time that's happened, I noticed its cause there's almost no blocks full compared to usual. Especially since the SEA ban. Just not enough people to get it up there.

Maenara
Jun 3, 2014, 11:25 PM
I thought it was 3 minutes olo

I just so happened to check my boost timers when it was at like 1:38 and saw 4:xx, easy mistake I guess.

Interestingly enough, we had 2 Code Jokers in an MPA. The first one succeeded just fine, 5 minutes of 300%. However, the second one spawned across the map, and failed. However, it still boosted the time of the original 300% boost. It, however, only increased the time by one minute, instead of returning the boost to a full five minutes.

Chdata
Jun 3, 2014, 11:45 PM
Lol, this reminds me of a person who told me to "farm" crystals elsewhere while I gathered crystals near the Blue Tower in TD1 when there was no wave coming. He farmed crystals the entire time, and didn't even help when a wave came at blue tower. This isn't the only person either. I've seen FO's doing nothing but spam w/e that tech is to move forward to get crystals. Unless you get lucky with a good MPA, or do a team MPA, getting a 3rd run is a complete joke these days. I blame the B20ians spreading across all blocks cause its where the "best" go during EQs.

@Xaeris It's cause the server might be fairly empty. Every time that's happened, I noticed its cause there's almost no blocks full compared to usual. Especially since the SEA ban. Just not enough people to get it up there.

Well, "thinning them out" does make it less bad for they themselves. But they still end up in concentrations of each other often. Of course, there are ways to avoid them, even during EN hours.

Achelousaurus
Jun 6, 2014, 07:54 AM
Losing all bases except green by wave 3. During wave 4 green went down as well.
Next round I tell people to heal and protect purple after wave 3 ends and others tell me I'm stupid and you should leave all heals for gree.
Never mind that if enemies have only green to attack, it will be the biggest clusterf*** in history and no one has much time to heal and everyone is frantic to kill enemies before they destroy the base.
When enemies are spread out it's a billion times easier.

Yet worse was a Loser run. Not 5 minutes in people can't stop complaining about someone attacking the clock (destroyed allows for massive damage, yo) and then say it takes too long, suddenly 2/3 are leaving.
Tried to beat him with like 4 people lef for the next 15 minutes but no chance.

On a side note, what do you do during Joker besides well, attacking him?

Also, not all ETs are on the map. I just had a joker announced and no one could find it and it wasn't on the map either.

It's possible solo with shunka... if you're not stupid.

It's 100% more possible to wait for others.

Also, you just need to say joker <pos>
Actually, if you say <pos> <et1> you will simply say exactly what you are doing and where you are doing it.
Haven#t tried yet but I suppose <et2> will be the next active ET , not sure how many can be active at the same time.

Atmius
Jun 6, 2014, 11:28 AM
On a side note, what do you do during Joker besides well, attacking him?

Also, not all ETs are on the map. I just had a joker announced and no one could find it and it wasn't on the map either.

Joker is a map wide code, it doesn't matter where you are when it spawns, it will be added to your current trial list. I't slikely someone on the other side of the map (a latecomer) spawned it, and simply didn't inform anybody.

Attacking it is all you do, but if you don't attack the lamp at all and wait for other people to show up after you've told them about it, it makes it much more likely to succeed.

lunarsoul
Jun 6, 2014, 12:35 PM
Timing out in an Apios Dorios fight, seriously. This was during the dreaded US Afternoon time slot (As a previous poster mentioned the Ship only got to 77% at the end). I was in a SH party with lots of lvl.50s who look like they were from B20 (Auto words every second). I used my Ranger and while I was weak bulleting its core, some other dudes kept overriding on his arms or tail instead. One Braver was spamming Il Grants, another was using a Rifle, and another was using a sword. I convinced that Bravers are the most popular class now because OMG Katanas! but the new noob class. 4 Hunters were dying every second. Was watching the damage count, the average these guys were dishing out were 50-500dmg im not kidding. At one point we finally got to the point where he puts the 4 pillers up. Me and one other guy were attacking the pillars, have you seen 10 other players keep attacking him during this phase for nothing? Of course we cant destroy them in time and the 10 other guys wipe, and us two had to revive them all. More Weak Bulleting nonsense and constant deaths and then we eventually time out.

I havent been that frustrated at this game before, I have no idea why I even stayed through the entire thing.

Macman
Jun 6, 2014, 02:16 PM
Hope you let them know how bad they are.

Chdata
Jun 8, 2014, 03:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6CXF0HPqAM

Anyone wanna guess why this GuHu constantly gets a golden star?

Moocast
Jun 8, 2014, 03:56 PM

Just had this happen on two separate occasions with FOs spamming ilmegid. Because rankings are important :|

The first person spamming wasn't revived for the last two waves though. Not even sure if they were res'd after the final wave either...

Macman
Jun 8, 2014, 04:01 PM
Gotta get all the points!

KatherineAlexandra
Jun 8, 2014, 04:37 PM
What not to do in Tower Defense: Invasion - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6CXF0HPqAM)

Oh, I was in this mpa. This explains quite a lot.

Friyn
Jun 8, 2014, 06:15 PM
"Spawnkilling is bad, using a class you can't even play isn't.

Sincerely
~Chdata"

Funny how you blame one guy but not the other people who were stationed near a tower and didn't even manage to defend it properly.
Ok, ok. If you can't spawnkill consistenly, don't.

Chdata
Jun 8, 2014, 06:18 PM
It's cause that one guy is more blatant/sticks out more, but yes, I was also aghast at how nearly the entire MPA being at a tower wasn't enough to stop it from dropping to 50% health.

And I do switch to BrHu or FoTe when I expect good runs, but this was in the middle of the day for EN people, can't carry that.

*Spawnkilling as a class that can't is bad, especially on wave 4.

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 06:32 AM
Ok seriously.

Why did everyone leave a 12/12 MPA that was doing good, after the 30 minute mark?

TD2

Edson Drake
Jun 10, 2014, 07:36 AM
What not to do in Tower Defense: Invasion - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6CXF0HPqAM)

That makes me cringe. Everytime.

Alenoir
Jun 10, 2014, 07:42 AM
If you're not sure where to WB on a boss during a TD fight and there are multiple RAs around, don't WB.

I can't believe I had to waste all my WB shots to correct people that either WBs the butt or the head of Ragne (instead of the core) when it's down and melees are hacking at it.

Sp-24
Jun 10, 2014, 07:53 AM
Ragne in particular is probably less of an issue with not knowing where to WB, and more with the awful autoaim, which can circle all around the core and even to a Dagan right behind you, but never lock on the core itself. And just try shooting it in the aiming mode, with all of the impact particles from attacks flying around, enemies walking by and somebody's Cosmos Breaker in the middle of all of it.

Maenara
Jun 10, 2014, 08:00 AM
Had a TD1 MPA where all the towers were 100% health up to wave 5. Ragne spawns at green, I stay at blue to defend, while pretty much the entire MPA goes and wails on Ragne-chan.

Several minutes later, Ragne finally dies, and both green and purple bases are destroyed. I hear from my other party member that was defending green to begin with that pretty much the entire MPA was hiding behind the green tower, letting Ragne-chan hit the tower with almost every single disc of her disc attack every time she used it.

wtf

oratank
Jun 10, 2014, 09:30 AM
party leader late to start td1 at the first moment and asked why this mpa just have 8/12 in there(2min passed)? we should wait till it have 12/12.
:/

Stickboy
Jun 10, 2014, 09:34 AM
i was a 55/37 fo/te using ilmegid, agro-ing all of the mobs that are heading to a tower, while 11/12 ppl are having trouble killing vibras, then i died and restarted with another party

and it was the very first mobs node too

Kanade
Jun 10, 2014, 09:48 AM

seems fine to me! would've lost the same amount of time waiting for stuff to walk to tower anyways. if he's getting gold star every wave then he making kills :D not his fault no one help him !

Z-0
Jun 10, 2014, 09:48 AM
seems fine to me! would've lost the same amount of time waiting for stuff to walk to tower anyways. if he's getting gold star every wave then he making kills :D not his fault no one help him !
ELITIST. plz go.

HIT0SHI
Jun 10, 2014, 10:31 AM
That's a bad thing to do? That player killed a bunch of them... am I missing something?

Bellion
Jun 10, 2014, 10:52 AM
That player only killed one thing and the rest of them teleported or ran away, welp. Better off waiting at the towers in wave 4 pugs unless you're playing with some decent players.

If your damage is insufficient to kill but enough to gain enemy aggression, you're going to cause a headache for the rest of the MPA because they're going to have to go on a fun dumb chase.

HIT0SHI
Jun 10, 2014, 12:26 PM
Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 03:18 PM

As previously mentioned, the problem is that it makes an MPA last longer and could make many people miss out on their third run.

It's faster to let the 12/12 MPA to kill that wave together, than for 1 player to stand up north and prevent enemies from running south (while everyone is waiting at south), and take much longer than it would've taken everyone else to kill them.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 10, 2014, 04:04 PM
the dumbest thing ive seen was during an elder run what happened was everything was going smoothly then i got a Lag spike the Lag spike ended i was dead and everyone else got DCed i mean 11/12 was DCed

Infinity Series
Jun 10, 2014, 08:37 PM
dong SH loser run
and ranger wont WB, only spamming cosmos breaker

took us 23 minutes to beat him

Dephinix
Jun 10, 2014, 10:35 PM
I'm fine with people staying north first two waves of Mining Base Defense, as long as they can kill them. A Br/Hu, Gu/Hu/ and Fo/Te Should be more than strong enough first two waves. Of course, a lot of the time they stay there, not saying the "60% hp" warning tick, and aggro everything. Especially those Gunners with Showtime/Warcry. One person does not equal four, like wow. I've waited for a north blue spawn for thirty seconds because of this, and no, I was at green, and was waiting for the last spawn to appear, so I wasn't leaving and wouldn't have made it.
Also, what's wrong with a braver using a rifle? If the person is a Br/Ra with weak stance and weak hit advance, they're doing it right. I'm not geared up but I'm still hitting 12k+ with rifle PAs. I don't mind WB on the rare Adrios tail, because most people don't seem able to dodge it and that saves me from buying 5 moons every run, but for the regular ones yeah.. Don't even bother. Everyone except maybe some melee people can hit that weak spot. Double weak damage should always be priority.

btw-Niji
Jun 10, 2014, 10:40 PM
dumbest thing I've seen lately are illmegid spammers in td1 and td2.

what happened to zondeel

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 10:42 PM
I went back to spamming zondeel in td2 pubs

helps wave 4 a lot

BIG OLAF
Jun 10, 2014, 10:49 PM
It always amazes me how many techers and whatnot will forget about and/or refuse to use a tech (Zondeel) that keeps enemies away from things....in an EQ that wants you to keep enemies away from things.

Maenara
Jun 10, 2014, 10:49 PM
From what I've seen, Ilmegid is good for protecting walls in TD2 since it tags a bunch of enemies and draws them away from the walls. I haven't played Force/Techer in a hella long time though(About the time it takes to advance a 30/1 HU/RA to a 65/66 RA/HU).

UMVC3_Wolverine
Jun 10, 2014, 10:58 PM
I was in a PT of "pugs" yesterday and we had like 5 il megid spammers (myself included with dark rods) and we managed to get 4 runs of TD2.

I don't see why all the hate. Most parties struggle with 2 runs....

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 10:59 PM
lolwat, you 4runned TD2 with il megid.

Also OLaf it's not necessarily that important to zondeel in TD2. Il megid really does the job of keeping things away. It just won't aggro bosses, and zondeel is still probably better for moving wolgadas away from the wall.

Coming from all the TD2 I have where the side I'm not spamming Il Megid constantly gets destroyed...

UMVC3_Wolverine
Jun 10, 2014, 11:02 PM
Well obviously it was only about a third of the MPA. The others were mostly bravers and a couple of Rangers.

My point was that most "pug" parties struggle with 2 runs yet I was in a "pug" party of according to some of you here "scrub/noob" il megid spammers. Yet we still managed to get 4 TD2 runs...That doesn't seem very scrubby to me.

It's funny how some of these l33t players talk about using zondeel but yet with il megid the monsters never even reached the walls...lol Why should we waste our time with zondell?

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 11:03 PM
If you think about it, four players throwing around 8-10k damage il megid is throwing around 32-40k damage.

Is 12/12 il megid able to 4 run td2?

Rien
Jun 10, 2014, 11:06 PM
If you think about it, four players throwing around 8-10k damage il megid is throwing around 32-40k damage.

Is 12/12 il megid able to 4 run td2?

No. Bosses take too long to 4 run. If you all have ice equipment and don't mind switching to Il Barta for bosses, though...

Dephinix
Jun 10, 2014, 11:09 PM
Ilmegid would be fine if there was enough of them and THEY WERE HITTING THAT MUCH. I usually see 4-6k, maybe 7k from most spammers. I don't care what you do, if you can kill it. If you can't and make the party struggle for your shortcoming, then yes, there is a problem.

Maenara
Jun 10, 2014, 11:21 PM
They should nerf Ilmegid's damage, its numbers are too comparable to Namegid in cases.

Dephinix
Jun 10, 2014, 11:40 PM
It should be nerfed in some way. Doesn't last as long, does less damage, can only hit once, something. All you need to do is pop PP convert, wreck mobs for thirty seconds, pop your PB you obviously got, wreck more mobs, probably get it back, rinse and repeat. It's stupid good.

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 11:53 PM
And with the -11 PP craft, you don't even need PP convert to sustain it nearly forever while still hitting 8-10k.

Melodys
Jun 10, 2014, 11:55 PM
Ran with JP pugs in b10 or b11. TD2 was even faster than TD1 (9-10 mins) due to all the II megid spammers and would have got a 4th run in if I didn't have a bit of lag while picking up items and waiting a couple of minutes for another MPA to finish.

The only time I use Zondiels in TD pugs are next to towers in TD1 wave 4 and maybe TD2 wave 4 if Wolgahda is hitting the wall. I have heard stories in Eng pugs of 'noobs' using II megid to mess up the mobs and some other undergeared person demanding them to use zondiel instead. I think they might be better off as zondiel slaves if their II megid is hitting for less than mid 6kish. However, if they do more than mid 6kish, then it's just silly for them to complain or they are just wanting to be the point hoarders themselves.

Outside of these situations, I would never use zondiel unless in a very organized team MPA (which I never have these days), prepared with very good gear and ready to kill on spawn in both TDs. You can't expect that from pugs even with well-geared JP ones.

On topic though. I saw a lvl 50/30ish Te/hu in b10 trying to wand whack after zondiel even with goldras. Too bad the mobs were killed from the II megids and Shunkas instead.

Esofor
Jun 10, 2014, 11:56 PM
irumegido does so little damage, though.

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 11:57 PM
If you have one or two friends who are competent bravers, that's enough to do a lot of talis spawnzeel.

Dephinix
Jun 11, 2014, 12:16 AM
Wow, guess I should start tech crafting again. D:

Gamemako
Jun 12, 2014, 01:21 PM
Was doing Dorian with JP pugs. Last run, 11/12 before Luther popped. I should have left, but I didn't. Lesson learned.

Dorian took 17 minutes. I used all 5 of my moons -- was one-shot once by tail myself (stupid spinning back hit). Otherwise, I bashed and bashed and bashed away, and it felt like I was the only person hitting him (and my damage is terrible due to no HU sub). At least one person left mid-run. I should have left when I died, but I didn't. Two iterations of pillars, which killed everyone but me twice. Couldn't even res the second time due to no moons, so dead people had to return to campship except those revived by someone who had already returned.

On to Luther, which you know was going to go poorly. I duked it out for 30 minutes, using all 5 of my moons again, never dying (obviously, we didn't get far anyway). 3 people bailed mid-run. It took almost 20 minutes to cross the first phase, the clock wasn't broken, the shoulders weren't broken... nothing. Just a complete disaster. There was no way we were going to win without breaking the clock in the first place. There were several people with weapons around 400 attack stat.

Stoopid B07ian JP noobs!

Macman
Jun 12, 2014, 02:24 PM
People expecting to be carried, when then the stars align and they end up in an entire MPA of like-minded people.

Moral of the story: people need to not expect to be carried.

sayi50
Jun 12, 2014, 03:54 PM
I'm still wondering how BRs manage to die... I mean you have counter built into your weapon. Just make sure that you are not attacking when the boss is or away from the range. I rarely get killed when I Shunka-spam because I know when I should stop spamming and start countering.

Jeez BRs, it's not THAT hard. Every time I see someone say "In this MPA blablabla the BR died" I ask "HOW?!?!" in my head.

Macman
Jun 12, 2014, 04:28 PM
They're THAT bad.

btw-Niji
Jun 12, 2014, 04:43 PM
People make mistakes.

sayi50
Jun 12, 2014, 05:17 PM
People make mistakes.

I can understand that but when I see them die at the same spot for the 10th time, wasting everyone's Moons for only to get up and die at the same way again... I wonder.

What I can't understand is that how come people don't learn from their mistakes and don't die the next time the same thing happens at the same place under the same circumstances. There is limit to "People make mistakes".

Gamemako
Jun 12, 2014, 05:23 PM
I'm still wondering how BRs manage to die... I mean you have counter built into your weapon. Just make sure that you are not attacking when the boss is or away from the range. I rarely get killed when I Shunka-spam because I know when I should stop spamming and start countering.

Jeez BRs, it's not THAT hard. Every time I see someone say "In this MPA blablabla the BR died" I ask "HOW?!?!" in my head.

Blocking and countering is only from the front. Get hit from behind and it does you no good. If you get hit by an attack that came from the front but impacts anything but directly in front of you, you're boned. Dorian tailwhip spins and hits from side, lunging banther paw extends past you and hits from behind. Even if you time everything correctly, you're still going to get hit by some attacks if you attempt to block -- you have to evade to survive those, and everybody has an evade. You can also be caught in combos where you get one parry and are immediately attacked again, stuck in place for the parry and hit anyway. If you screw up the timing at all, not all attacks can be blocked, and blocking eats PP until the guard breaks, so if you're low on PP or your opponents wail on your block, you're still dead.

So yeah, blocking and countering isn't a perfect remedy in any case. You're ultimately stuck with good old-fashioned dodging sometimes, so you might as well ask "jeez, players of every class in the game, why don't you all have perfect execution and never get hit?"

sayi50
Jun 12, 2014, 05:33 PM
Blocking and countering is only from the front. Get hit from behind and it does you no good. If you get hit by an attack that came from the front but impacts anything but directly in front of you, you're boned. Dorian tailwhip spins and hits from side, lunging banther paw extends past you and hits from behind. Even if you time everything correctly, you're still going to get hit by some attacks if you attempt to block -- you have to evade to survive those, and everybody has an evade. You can also be caught in combos where you get one parry and are immediately attacked again, stuck in place for the parry and hit anyway. If you screw up the timing at all, not all attacks can be blocked, and blocking eats PP until the guard breaks, so if you're low on PP or your opponents wail on your block, you're still dead.

So yeah, blocking and countering isn't a perfect remedy in any case. You're ultimately stuck with good old-fashioned dodging sometimes, so you might as well ask "jeez, players of every class in the game, why don't you all have perfect execution and never get hit?"

I tend to evade when I'm not sure if the attack will be frontal or not. Also I try to Just Guard instead of normal guarding as much as possible. I'm not saying anything to people slipping up and dying few times. I'm more fixated on those people who dies doing the exact same thing they were doing the last 10 times. I mean come on... Stop spamming and learn to dodge.

Of course you can not perfectly time everything, we are not computer but I expect for them to land at least 5 of those 10 times. As a Braver, they should be able to do that much.

omgwtflolbbl
Jun 12, 2014, 06:42 PM
Doritos double swipe killed me a lot at release. I'd (as Hunter) block expecting to block the first swipe, and for whatever dumb reason it'd miss at random and the second swipe would hit me from behind. I just double dodge now, but it really annoyed me at release. A lot of the hitboxes can just simply be stupid.

Daiyousei
Jun 12, 2014, 06:56 PM
Doritos double swipe killed me a lot at release. I'd (as Hunter) block expecting to block the first swipe, and for whatever dumb reason it'd miss at random and the second swipe would hit me from behind. I just double dodge now, but it really annoyed me at release. A lot of the hitboxes can just simply be stupid.

Not to mention Shunka can get you behind some attack hitboxes, I've had the experience of my blocks not work after I've went in.

Punisher106
Jun 13, 2014, 06:03 PM
Does seeing a symbol art saying "The fuck?" every 30 seconds count? How about in that same MPA, the dumbshit MPA couldn't break the pillars in time to stun Apos? Not abd enough? How about them failing to do so TWICE? I abandoned that MPA and went to do another one. Only managed 2 Aposes in that whole course of 30 minutes.

Chdata
Jun 13, 2014, 06:27 PM
People complaining the game is harder because few people actually have skill shunka was nerfed

Sanguine2009
Jun 13, 2014, 09:44 PM
goddammit b20ians if your gonna be dead weight with +3 rappy talis in sh TD at least dont be a shit force too and ignite zondeel and them complain about the mpa like your not the very reason it was shit

Skize
Jun 14, 2014, 12:10 AM
Someone mentioned in this thread or another of an MPA of 10 Dark FO, and 2 RAs. I can actually see that working for multiple TD runs. All RA has to do is use WB for bosses, and Namegid would make quick work of any boss. At level 58/38, I'm already hitting 260-270k damage using an uncustomized level 15 Namegid on a WB spot. Hitting 6.5-15k with IlMegid. I'd Imagine a 70/70 would be hitting a lot harder than I am, so that could actually work.

Macman
Jun 14, 2014, 12:23 AM
Ilbarta chaining is much faster than Namegid, though. Especially if multiple forces are using it together.

GHNeko
Jun 14, 2014, 01:38 AM
I entered a SH Luther fight today.

The battle timed out.

BUT.

RIGHT AS IT TIMED OUT.

Literally. 1 second later.

Luther DIES.

The game goes through the death cutscene, followed by the victory pose cutscene.

THEN once the game comes back to the players, we get the banner:

"QUEST FAILED"

And right before I'm kicked back to the campship, I see the crystal.

sigh

Like 30 seconds into the fight, I see someone WBing the clock.

And it happened quite a few times throughout the fight, but then half way into it, it stopped happening.

I dont even know man.

EDIT: Oh. And on the topic of BR deaths and BR Countering. I was fighting Dragon EX today on the new LQ. I was up in its face using Sakura-endo, and it kept swiping at me. Because of the speed of Sakura, I was able to block in time EACH and every single time. But at some point, I was so close, he ended up missing literally 5 massive swings in a row, and I stopped mid PA to counter each one. On the 6th swipe, I'm like, "Ok fuck it, he cant hit me for whatever fucking reason."

I bet you can guess what happened next. I was at full HP too. Granted I was FOBR at the time, but still. That shit's wack. The hitboxes are mad dumb in this game.

When I came back for revenge, EX was on TOP of the stairs. Like, he was clearly elevated more than a 2 characters compared to me. But then he did his little huge sword front flip.

It killed me. 1 hit. But the stupid part was not only was the attack clearly above my head by a good amount of space, but it was off by like 45 degrees. I was in the middle of the walkway, maybe a bit towards the right, and he was a good deal to my own right away, but I still got smacked.

Sega pls fix your enemy hitboxes that was just inexcusable.

Maenara
Jun 14, 2014, 04:55 AM
Ilbarta chaining is much faster than Namegid, though. Especially if multiple forces are using it together.

But is it better than Umbla Namegid 3? A max roll on crafted Umbral Namegid 3 is about a 23% increase in base damage.

Chdata
Jun 14, 2014, 05:19 AM
7 FO casting Il Barta is definitely stronger.

every 7 ilbarta:
20k 20k 20k 40k 40k 40k 160k = 340k

It takes 7 FO to cast roughly this much damage for 25 PP, and you can craft il barta for half a second charge time.

With half a second charge times, 5 seconds of casting = 3.4m damage

Or you can have

200k 200k 200k 200k 200k 200k 200k = 1.4m damage

(or however much namegid will be hitting)

in 5 seconds, prone to anyone getting juggled within that time

This is all regardless of weak bullet. Il Barta is also easier to chain. Where namegid must stay locked on the enemy for 5 seconds, you can charge Il Barta, and then lock on later. You won't completely waste your cast time by moving from attacking Ragne's leg to his core, for example.

Bellion
Jun 14, 2014, 09:17 AM
Or, you could get an Ice Elysion with it being crafted for higher damage with a slightly higher charge time for the final cast.

Maenara
Jun 14, 2014, 09:21 AM
Or, you could get an Ice Elysion with it being crafted for higher damage with a slightly higher charge time for the final cast.

Does that do a Bellion damage per second?

Dugs
Jun 15, 2014, 08:32 AM
Does the fact Ship 2 managed to fail getting the 222% boosted Elder count for this?

Sanguine2009
Jun 15, 2014, 08:33 AM
you can thank b20 for that

HaxMega
Jun 15, 2014, 08:45 AM
you can thank b20 for that

Nah, every single ship failed.

Sanguine2009
Jun 15, 2014, 08:57 AM
Nah, every single ship failed.

its always b20s fault, even when its not

RollTheDice
Jun 15, 2014, 09:10 AM
its always b20s fault, even when its not

to you it is.

Gamemako
Jun 15, 2014, 09:17 AM
People complaining the game is harder because few people actually have skill shunka was nerfed

Shunka is still (post-nerf) the highest-DPS katana PA. Taking away 40% of your DPS is indeed a nerf to the weapon generally. It's simply true, one way or the other, that the nerf made the game harder -- and rightfully so, by my estimation.

Z-0
Jun 15, 2014, 10:52 AM
Hatou always had more DPS than Shunka Shunran, it was just more PP heavy.

oratank
Jun 15, 2014, 11:41 AM
3 people fighting loser SH then force said let's break loser part and he didn't care about hititng the core that have wb on it . he spam zazan on gem from start until time runout didn't get even one (´・ω・`)b goodjob for 4s affix elision latent lv3

Chdata
Jun 15, 2014, 12:22 PM

I tried both crafts with elysion vs talis, and imo charge time + talis is better. But that's if you solo / have to rely on PP restoration, because after 5-7 initial casts you're out of PP and need constant regen to continue, so why not charge those instead, with a build that has charge mastery and tech talis bonus? Elysion is only higher DPS for as long as you aren't near 0 on PP.

At least, I think the 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.2 outweighs the bonus from crafting il barta for damage, I could be wrong I guess.

Though you could also use elysion for the first strikes before you need mass PP regen.

Leerius
Jun 15, 2014, 02:26 PM
Then the Elysion user ruins the 7th ilbarta. =/

Chdata
Jun 15, 2014, 02:28 PM
True, it's only better for solo considering that.

Achelousaurus
Jun 16, 2014, 09:41 AM
It always amazes me how many techers and whatnot will forget about and/or refuse to use a tech (Zondeel) that keeps enemies away from things....in an EQ that wants you to keep enemies away from things.
It amazes me how forces/techers, the only source of support in a party, entirely and completely forget that all the time, SH as much as other difficulties.
I'm not asking for constant sd, just a resta now and then when people are getting hit left and right would be nice.
Would prevent a hell lot of "Cause of death: mate usage" cases as well.

Skize
Jun 16, 2014, 12:53 PM
It amazes me how forces/techers, the only source of support in a party, entirely and completely forget that all the time, SH as much as other difficulties.
I'm not asking for constant sd, just a resta now and then when people are getting hit left and right would be nice.

Which is why you go with a party. I make sure to keep up with my own party members health and buffs. They come first before anyone else. If you die and you're not in my party, I'm more than likely not going to res you cause I rather make sure my team/party gets ressed first.

Macman
Jun 16, 2014, 01:41 PM
Cause of death: throwing talises at you or chasing you around while you run like a chicken with it's head cut off attempting to get you in Resta's very limited range.

And then you pop a mate anyway by the time I finally land one on you. Yeah, no.

reaper527
Jun 16, 2014, 02:24 PM

maybe this will change after the rebalancing is done. as it stands right now, support isn't viable.

the range on resta is too short, and territory boost wears off too quickly to really be helpful. by the time a fo has resta charged up and cast, the person who took heavy damage has already run outside of resta range and used a mate (or stayed where they were and died).

sega needs to make territory boost a 10 minute stance like fury stance/average stance/etc. if support is going to be viable in any way shape or form.

SilenWhisper
Jun 16, 2014, 03:08 PM
It amazes me how forces/techers, the only source of support in a party, entirely and completely forget that all the time.

It amazes me how you believe being a fo/te means playing it supporter.

Bellion
Jun 16, 2014, 03:18 PM
cut

Irubarta discussion, do not open!

[SPOILER-BOX]Alright, let's say you have an Il Barta lvl 16 that has a 751 power modifier.
One is crafted for lower charge time(-.50 to -.20) with a slight power modifier decrease(-30%-10%).
One is crafted for higher power modifier increase(120%-160%) and a higher charge time(+.10 to +.30).

The 1st is in favor of either rod or talis and the 2nd is in favor of an Elysion.
Going with the talis vs Elysion, the tech talis boost + the lower power modifier would pretty much cancel out with something close to an extra 150% power modifier of Il Barta.

If you're the only force, Elysion would win in terms of DPS since you have to throw out a talis twice because they disappear after 4 techs. Meanwhile, Elysion has the option of choosing to JA with shifta(it's faster than beginning to JA with a wand smack) or not first. PP won't be a problem because you know, Ketos PB. You can fully charge one from 1-6 if you need to regen PP or you have 150+PP and don't care.

Cast 1 of talis would range from a 100%-60% difference depending on tree and if you JA or not first with an Elysion. Casts 2-6 of a talis would be approximately 10-20% stronger than casts 2-6 of an Elysion depending on charge/non charge tech. The final cast would be the same for both since they'll both be charged and because... just read the second block of text of this post.

With 2 forces that know what they'll be doing, they would only have to throw out one talis each. And 2 forces with Elysions would still get things done faster since they don't have to charge until 6th and 7th cast in order to not mess things up. PP is much less of a problem with 2+ forces. Really, let's just assume the Elysion forces are competent in this case. :C

Well, that's why I favor Elysion over talis or rod for Il Barta, anyway. Banish Arrow + Il Barta is something else.[/SPOILER-BOX]

SakoHaruo
Jun 16, 2014, 03:42 PM
Sup with all these gaijins playing scavenger in TD2 lately? Like, really, why is the entire party behind the wall collecting crystals during waves? ._.

And this has happened on multiple occasions.

btw-Niji
Jun 16, 2014, 03:43 PM
Sup with all these gaijins playing scavenger in TD2 lately? Like, really, why is the entire party behind the wall collecting crystals during waves? ._.

because gaijin

Sizustar
Jun 16, 2014, 03:49 PM

They expect Il Megif Fo/Te to carry them?

Neith
Jun 16, 2014, 04:20 PM
Just had the worst TD2 I've ever been in. By wave 3 the walls were completely destroyed and 2 towers had been destroyed. Everyone seemed to completely ignore Zeshrayda when it spawned, as well as Wolgahda (which just walked upto a wall, broke it, walked over to a tower and wrecked it).

I honestly think people were just collecting for the third wave and were completely oblivious to the enemies. People used to be good at Tower Defense, what happened recently? :disapprove:

Considering TD2 is a cakewalk compared to before, I fail to see how people can suck so badly at it.

Achelousaurus
Jun 16, 2014, 07:37 PM
Well, in big areas resta isn't really expected cause of the range but for example in Doritos or Luther fights where everyone is within spitting distance there is no resta either.

And I'm not expecting a constant support, just some.
This also includes force or techer party members that can our hp rapidly declining.

Maenara
Jun 16, 2014, 08:49 PM

I usually hang out behind the walls to take care of Predicahdas/Dicahdas and tower infections. As long as you have one person dedicated to that, you save a good amount of tower HP by not having to move all the way from the front lines to save a single tower in the back.

The problem is when more than one or two people do this. Not only is it not needed, it leads to walls getting destroyed.

Chdata
Jun 16, 2014, 09:18 PM
I had a TD2 with a majority of FoTe

It was wonderful, the only time a wall broke was in the third run when I decided to not zondeel wolga.

And even then, we S-ranked.

Note: Wolga can insta KO an undamaged wall.

frog

frog discussion not important

[spoiler-box]In a semi-organized-unorganized TD2 full of FO, it'd still be better to go the always charging route. Of course, having everyone suddenly focus on the bosses is probably unnecessary or even deleterious. I probably should switch back from julius nikta to monoceros lol. You can really charge it from 6 casts of il barta? Or am I misreading.

With the 3rd level crafts, yeah, I'm not sure if the 120-160 craft can outweigh having both charge masteries and talis bonus (1.45x).[/spoiler-box]

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2014, 09:20 PM
I usually hang out behind the walls to take care of Predicahdas/Dicahdas and tower infections. As long as you have one person dedicated to that, you save a good amount of tower HP by not having to move all the way from the front lines to save a single tower in the back.

The problem is when more than one or two people do this. Not only is it not needed, it leads to walls getting destroyed.

Yeah, it seems like some people always do this because nobody else does sometimes, and then sometimes they're all in the same MPA but won't notice that other people have it covered so they should maybe go do something else instead.

Maenara
Jun 16, 2014, 10:01 PM
Yeah, it seems like some people always do this because nobody else does sometimes, and then sometimes they're all in the same MPA but won't notice that other people have it covered so they should maybe go do something else instead.

I always stay up front the first wave, since A) Nothing can get past the walls in that wave, and B) It lets me see just how fucked the MPA is.

Chdata
Jun 16, 2014, 11:09 PM
il barta cont.

[SPOILER-BOX]Lv.16 il barta = 751

Example Talis Tree (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07uBbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkjdt9 bIn00000000Ib000000lb000000lb000008kbI22SGKgAhnIkf gAIbrAI2000084OIhjdqI2J24XuXIbib00009b000000j)

Example Elysion Tree (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07uBbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkIefd p9bIn00000000Ib000000lb000000lb000008kbI2dsGAgAhnb xrAgKIbqnI2000084OIddQfdqI2524XuX4ObO00000Ib000000 j)

Modifiers in place vs non-weak element, perfectly crafted spells:

Talis: 7.41 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.2 * 1.44 = 15.49

-30%: 7.21 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.2 * 1.44 = 15.08

As little as -25% is still better than the max elysion-style craft below (26.4% being equalish)

Ely: 9.11 * 1.1 * 1.05 * 1.44 = 15.15

(technically ignoring JA and points in shifta advance, and the race+gender combination can change how many points the elysion tree needs in S-atk up by alot, which could be used in shifta advance or EWH. (Though there is no EWH in TD for Il Barta or Il Megid).

This is misc, but with talis while zeroed out of PP with no way to regen, you can get back 25 in 2-3 talis throws. Maybe even 1 if you use premicheros... or a spirit collector talis for whatever reason.

Not that these are optimal builds, but are you sure, Bellion?[/SPOILER-BOX]

Infinity Series
Jun 17, 2014, 03:42 AM
godamit gaijin-kun

at least get some unit

[spoiler-box]
https://scontent-b-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10379843_10201648586171262_949909449498324822_o.jp g

[/spoiler-box]

and 4 towers destroyed ^^;

Melodys
Jun 17, 2014, 04:12 AM
Two failed runs out of the three that I usually do even in b10-12. First one was a party member (only person in fact) located in the back whom dced just as Vibra threw the bomb. You can guess what happened next even if the walls were still up.

3rd run was even more disastrous. There were a couple of b20ian people whom managed to mess the whole run up by wave 4. I'm very sure that spamming II grants on Wolga when it spawns either with no-one near it or some stupid person standing between it and the wall is a good idea no (same with any Goldra or any enemies near the wall actually)? Guess what happened next? Wolga got panicked, targeted the nearest target aka wall and smashed it by himself and no amount of attacks could stop him. Run went downhill from there. Please you're better off being like the other Fos and spamming II megid or zondiel to draw them away from the wall.

Lesson: Do not use II grants or any light techs (except for Vibra) in TD2 since panic alone can mess up the entire run just like people detonating zondiels.

Chdata
Jun 17, 2014, 04:18 AM
Zondeel can carry panicking wolga.

Melodys
Jun 17, 2014, 04:36 AM
Zondeel can carry panicking wolga.

Yep I know but cleaning up a b20ian mess asap isn't always possible before the wall breaks or suffers heavy damage with other Fos focusing on other spawns or being on the other side.

Chdata
Jun 17, 2014, 04:43 AM
If you're a fo it's possible to camp wolga spawn with zondlol.

Bellion
Jun 17, 2014, 09:03 AM
Iru

[SPOILER-BOX]Maybe you're misunderstanding me.
You can regenerate PP during Il Barta by changing it during one of the weaker casts of 1-6. I'm not saying to spam uncharged when you're very low on PP and you've got your mag pp j/ketos pb for that.
Yes, talis would win in terms of pure damage output against an Elysion. However, not in terms of DPS which would be in favor of Elysion because it will reach to 7 much faster every time. Tossing out a talis first and charging it would already make it slower.

1-3 is 100%, 4-6 is 200%, and 7 is 800% which is where you want to be asap. The extra damage on the lower casts is nice, but getting that 7th cast to kill something is pretty much the goal.

By the way, I still take both tech charges with an Elysion since I only use uncharged for Il Barta 1-6, and charge every other tech to be used because using only one thing is as dumb as Il Megid everywhere.

7th cast talis with lower power modifier : 57.68 to 59.28 * 1.1*1.1*1.2*1.44 = 120.6 to 123.9
7th cast Elysion with higher power modifier : 69.68 to 72.88 * 1.1*1.1 *1.44 = 121.75 to 127.0

While going for JA and uncharged purely for an Elysion in skill tree would be better overall in all casts of Il Barta, the point is reaching the 7th cast faster and getting the most out of that single cast. I don't think I need to make that a point again.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 17, 2014, 03:26 PM
The dumbest thing I've seen in an EQ... weak bullet.

Its very existence is dumb. A decent game developer would know you can't balance a game around that shit. They should'ave known this for years.

I'm just tired of the giant manifestation of this issue that is apos+falz loser.

Their HP levels were obviously made with WB in mind. What happens when you don't have one, SEGA? You get a 20+ minute loser fight. People leave immediately.

You can't use the excuse of 'we can be any class' either because 1: most groups are random groups, 2: we're not changing classes in the middle of a quest, 3: promoting pigeonholing through your own game mechanics is stupid.

Why the fuck does weak bullet exist when it leads to this crap? Anyone who played an MMo before should know you don't make something this strong compared to any other class (and even enemies for that matter, because everything that isn't loser/apos is turned to literal mush when faced with WB), because the longer it is around, the more balancing the game around something so strong is necessary. I swear there's a trope for this.

This has to be a written game design sin they should'ave known.

They should nerf WB hard (or remove it outright), nerf apos, and loser HP, and proceed to balance the game without that toxic POS we call WB being as much of a factor.

And before anyone comes in here with something stupid to say like, 'I'm a RA hater', wipe the tears from your eyes an notice they made RA not need WB as a crutch to kill things with the PA buffs. I don't hate RAs. I hate WB's existence. It needs to go.

Shiyo
Jun 17, 2014, 03:29 PM
Level51 hunter using a +0 tuna sword on fals loser SH.

Level 57 hunter using a crafted level1 10 star +0 weapon on falz loser SH.

Sp-24
Jun 17, 2014, 03:41 PM

Its very existence is dumb. A decent game developer would know you can't balance a game around that shit. They should'ave known this for years.

I'm just tired of the giant manifestation of this issue that is apos+falz loser.

Their HP levels were obviously made with WB in mind. What happens when you don't have one, SEGA? You get a 20+ minute loser fight. People leave immediately.

You can't use the excuse of 'we can be any class' either because 1: most groups are random groups, 2: we're not changing classes in the middle of a quest, 3: promoting pigeonholing through your own game mechanics is stupid.

Why the fuck does weak bullet exist when it leads to this crap? Anyone who played an MMo before should know you don't make something this strong compared to any other class (and even enemies for that matter, because everything that isn't loser/apos is turned to literal mush when faced with WB), because the longer it is around, the more balancing the game around something so strong is necessary. I swear there's a trope for this.

They should nerf WB hard (or remove it outright), nerf apos, and loser HP, and proceed to balance the game without that toxic POS we call WB being as much of a factor.

And before anyone comes in here with something stupid to say like, 'I'm a RA hater', wipe the tears from your eyes an notice they made RA not need WB as a crutch to kill things with the PA buffs. I don't hate RAs. I hate WB's existence. It needs to go.
I'm way too drunk to make a meaningful comment, but, basically, I agree. They need to do something about their matchmaking, go back to the Casual Star Online 2 approach, or remove dumb shit like 3x Damage Bullet altogether.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 17, 2014, 03:46 PM
make wb stackable
nerf hps

that way we can be even faster :wacko:

Skize
Jun 17, 2014, 04:11 PM

I disagree about WBs existence. I think it's unique and quite essential for RAs. If you compare damage between classes w/o WB factoring in, RAs have piss poor overall damage. Also Satellite Cannon and Cosmos Breaker are very situational at best.

To me it also takes the place of buffs that you would get from support classes from mmorpgs. In a typical mmorpg, those buffs usually gave you a significant amount of damage, defense, etc. WB takes the place of that. Yes FO/TE has buffs, but they last only a few minutes at best, and you won't find your avg. FO spamming that in an EQ.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 17, 2014, 04:20 PM
I disagree about WBs existence. I think it's unique and quite essential for RAs. If you compare damage between classes w/o WB factoring in, RAs have piss poor overall damage. Also Satellite Cannon and Cosmos Breaker are very situational at best.

To me it also takes the place of buffs that you would get from support classes from mmorpgs. In a typical mmorpg, those buffs usually gave you a significant amount of damage, defense, etc. WB takes the place of that. Yes FO/TE has buffs, but they last only a few minutes at best, and you won't find your avg. FO spamming that in an EQ.

Designing a bosses' HP around the presence of a 3x damage multiplier for all players striking that point supplied by one class out of 7 (soon to be 8 ) is asinine though.

WB in its current form should not exist. If it was something like... increase all damage dealt to that spot by 15%, we wouldn't have this problem.

When it's a 3x damage multiplier to all players in the MPA, developers had to make content that isn't trivialized by it, which they inadvertently created content that can be the polar opposite if you don't have it at the same time. That is bad design. If it was not a 3x damage multiplier, we would not have this problem.

And again, you cannot expect someone in every random MPA will be a RA

1: most groups are random groups, 2: we're not changing classes in the middle of a quest, 3: promoting pigeonholing through your own game mechanics is stupid.

Macman
Jun 17, 2014, 04:47 PM
RAs do garbage damage without those weak spot multipliers stacking with their WBs. You kill WB and you kill ranger unless you're ready to do some serious reworking of their attack modifiers.

What they could do it make it where if a WB hits an already existing weak spot, it just increases damage by 25-50% for everyone who's not also a ranger, ranger would get a 2x multiplier. If used on a spot that the game doesn't technically consider weak (so any spot that doesn't make a darker core hit sound or that gore-y splat that some enemies get like Yede bums, enemy headshot hitboxes will still apply) it'll apply the full 3x damage multiplier.

Then adjust boss HP accordingly, reducing it by 10-50% depending on the enemy (factors include how easy it is to already hit their weak spot, if they have any obvious good lock-on spots to hit with WB/techs/melee, how over-inflated the boss' HP was originally set due to weak point stacking.

Honestly, I've had cases where it was more effective to WB a non-weak point and have the boss go down just as fast as it would if I had tagged it's slightly out-of-range weak point. (Vol Dragon's foot is a prime example when the party was primarily using things like double sabers and swords, we'd break the tail crystal, then WB his foot while he was regenerating it and dogpile on it, he went down before he could finish)

Shiyo
Jun 17, 2014, 05:04 PM

Could not agree more. I thought this exact thing nearly 2 years ago. I don't understand why Weak bullet works on bosses, it completely trivializes any content that isn't balanced around it and makes any content it's balanced around 100% impossible without it existing.

It's impossible to balance, it gives less choices/options, it makes the game worse, and it's a complete nightmare, just remove it from the game entirely.

RAs do garbage damage without those weak spot multipliers stacking with their WBs. You kill WB and you kill ranger unless you're ready to do some serious reworking of their attack modifiers.

What they could do it make it where if a WB hits an already existing weak spot, it just increases damage by 25-50% for everyone who's not also a ranger, ranger would get a 2x multiplier. If used on a spot that the game doesn't technically consider weak (so any spot that doesn't make a darker core hit sound or that gore-y splat that some enemies get like Yede bums, enemy headshot hitboxes will still apply) it'll apply the full 3x damage multiplier.

Then adjust boss HP accordingly, reducing it by 10-50% depending on the enemy (factors include how easy it is to already hit their weak spot, if they have any obvious good lock-on spots to hit with WB/techs/melee, how over-inflated the boss' HP was originally set due to weak point stacking.

Honestly, I've had cases where it was more effective to WB a non-weak point and have the boss go down just as fast as it would if I had tagged it's slightly out-of-range weak point. (Vol Dragon's foot is a prime example when the party was primarily using things like double sabers and swords, we'd break the tail crystal, then WB his foot while he was regenerating it and dogpile on it, he went down before he could finish)
Only rangers should be able to benefit from their own bullets and it's not longer a multiparty-wide buff. This still wouldn't work, though, because everyone would end up playing ranger.

So instead we buff rangers PA damage globally.

There's zero reason for something to exist that adds 3x 25-50, 1000%,%. or ANY percent above 10% damage(that's multiplied to HELL on weak spots), that's still too much and no other class in the game brings a multi-party wide 25-50% damage boost to everyone.

Weak bullet needs removed entirely as a multi-party wide buff, and if it's still so strong that everyone just ends up playing ranger(and they will, I know they will if it's self-ranger only), then it needs removed entirely. Anyone who wants to take a decent crack at trying to balance the game properly and make all content actually challenging and equally balanced regardless of class make up would realize this 5 minutes after playing the game.

WB has been a problem for literally years.

Remove it, it makes the devs job so much easier. It's as simple as that.

Friyn
Jun 17, 2014, 05:14 PM

Are you from the past? Ra damage is plenty good without WB nowadays.

Blundy
Jun 17, 2014, 05:16 PM
I believe the true offender is that weakbullet stacks with weakpoints for some reason. It would still be a useful tool if it only made the area a weakpoint in and of itself. Great for breaking parts, giving rangers easier times with weakpoints, and letting melee have easier access to damage amplication.

Maybe make the other bullets actually have a use as well?

Damage in general, across the board, is kind of redonk.

Macman
Jun 17, 2014, 05:23 PM
Ehh... Satellite Cannon is the only thing comparable to today's ridiculous stuff like Ilbarta and Shunka when it comes to boss damage but it's sooo slow and risky. The buffs really helped their mobbing ability, though.

Z-0
Jun 17, 2014, 05:24 PM
It ain't.

The "problem" with RA is that it's not easy like Ilbarta/Ilmegid/Shunka, and this is why people think RA isn't very good.

EvilMag
Jun 17, 2014, 05:26 PM
The issue with RA was that it required so much battling with the RNG to be viable. (Hunting lv16 PAs)

That issue has been fixed now so RA IMO is the best class.

Skize
Jun 17, 2014, 06:25 PM
Lolwut. RA does little damage compared to other classes. Tell me of a PA that can make you do 10k+ damage multiple times without WB. Don't even think about SC and CB. Those two PAs are so situational that it'd be a crime to include those when comparing to other classes that have PAs that can deal out good amounts of damage at almost anytime compared to an RA.

Aside from that, I know what you are saying about creating content around WB, but think about it this way as well. In a typical mmo, when doing a massive dungeon/raid/boss, would you ever go in without a healer/support? WB is just like that, or at least to me it is. Point is, an EQ is essentially a huge raid, and you should prepare for it. Party up with a random RA, get a friend, or something.

However, I do like the idea that Shiyo said. If you really need to get rid of WB, you need to make up for it somehow. Upgrading RA PAs damage would be actually sufficient thing to do.

Shiyo
Jun 17, 2014, 06:29 PM
Lolwut.
Aside from that, I know what you are saying about creating content around WB, but think about it this way as well. In a typical mmo, when doing a massive dungeon/raid/boss, would you ever go in without a healer/support? WB is just like that, or at least to me it is. Point is, an EQ is essentially a huge raid, and you should prepare for it. Party up with a random RA, get a friend, or something.

EQ's are balanced around 12 random people on random classes tackling a boss. Except weak bullet exists, so it's balanced around weak bullet, but you won't always have weak bullet, so it takes 20 minutes without it. But if you don't balance around weak bullet, the boss dies in 2 seconds and isn't fun for anyone.

They are not designed for guilds on voice chat min/maxing perfect raid comps

Solution: Remove weak bullet, buff ranger PA damage if needed.

Imjake
Jun 17, 2014, 06:29 PM
Dumbest thing Ive seen is the pathetic losers on b20 and b11 during TD2. They quit when a couple of bases are lost, and often, fail the quest when people dont quit.

I have NEVER seen either of those issues on other blocks. That's not to say it doesn't happen; I just haven't seen it yet. But yeah, Ive noticed b11 and b04 on ship 2 seem to be where the bads from b20 go to be bad some where else and pretend they left b20 because of the bads. LMAO! It's pretty hilarious. B11 is a cesspool of the wannabe good players who dont quest on b20 any more. 'Cept they all seem to be the ones they were trying to get away from in the first place. Pretty interesting. It's not just TD, though...

I was doing the LQ last night and chose a random party to join. It was on B11 but I didnt pay attention to what block it was on. As the mission progressed and the idiots couldn't stay together or even remember which way they had been circling the map after a Code or fight, I started thinking, jokingly, "I must be on b11 to have an entire 12/12 MPA acting this "special" ". Well, after I got my pts. and the quest was done, I discovered that I was, in fact, in b011. :rant::-?:-x:D

Skize
Jun 17, 2014, 06:40 PM
EQ's are balanced around 12 random people on random classes tackling a boss. Except weak bullet exists, so it's balanced around weak bullet, but you won't always have weak bullet, so it takes 20 minutes without it. But if you don't balance around weak bullet, the boss dies in 2 seconds and isn't fun for anyone.

I think you replied while I was editing. But I totally agree that if removing WB is necessary, a buff to RA PA damage is a must.

Dumbest thing Ive seen is the pathetic losers on b20 and b11 during TD2. They quit when a couple of bases are lost, and often, fail the quest when people dont quit.

I have NEVER seen either of those issues on other blocks. That's not to say it doesn't happen; I just haven't seen it yet. But yeah, Ive noticed b11 and b04 on ship 2 seem to be where the bads from b20 go to be bad some where else and pretend they left b20 because of the bads. LMAO! It's pretty hilarious. B11 is a cesspool of the wannabe good players who dont quest on b20 any more. 'Cept they all seem to be the ones they were trying to get away from in the first place. Pretty interesting. It's not just TD, though...

I was doing the LQ last night and chose a random party to join. It was on B11 but I didnt pay attention to what block it was on. As the mission progressed and the idiots couldn't stay together or even remember which way they had been circling the map after a Code or fight, I started thinking, jokingly, "I must be on b11 to have an entire 12/12 MPA acting this "special" ". Well, after I got my pts. and the quest was done, I discovered that I was, in fact, in b011. :rant::-?:-x:D

To be honest, this started to happen when the new LQ appeared. Until then, I've had bad MPA's, but not like this. Wall looks like it's going to go down? Bam, 6/12. These leechers are getting on my nerves. I don't care if you suck, but at least have the manners and decency to finish the EQ cause you're not going to get a 3rd run in at this point anyway by leaving.

Imjake
Jun 17, 2014, 06:44 PM
Yeah! I thought so too, Skize. I hadn't seen people quit TD at ALL before then. (ok, maybe 1 or 2 people would quit, but not 5 or more). I thought I was just imagining things or something! lol.

strikerhunter
Jun 17, 2014, 09:03 PM
To be honest, this started to happen when the new LQ appeared. Until then, I've had bad MPA's, but not like this. Wall looks like it's going to go down? Bam, 6/12. These leechers are getting on my nerves. I don't care if you suck, but at least have the manners and decency to finish the EQ cause you're not going to get a 3rd run in at this point anyway by leaving.

Actually I've been noticing this has been happening since around very early January (which is also around the time the Beach LQ came out). No blocks is safe unless you do team runs, which I highly suggest now.

On the topic, had a pug TD1 about a few days ago because of late log-in and the damage was plain awful..........the entire MPA but me where GM users and Il megid Te (2 Ra/Fi, 3 Ra/Gu, 2 Te/Gu, 4 Te/Fi)

-Who dah fuck does double digits with GMs?
-1-2k Il megid? Is that even possible?

Sanguine2009
Jun 17, 2014, 09:49 PM
Lolwut. RA does little damage compared to other classes. Tell me of a PA that can make you do 10k+ damage multiple times without WB. Don't even think about SC and CB. Those two PAs are so situational that it'd be a crime to include those when comparing to other classes that have PAs that can deal out good amounts of damage at almost anytime compared to an RA.

concentrate one is an easy and cheap 10k+ x3, cosmo breaker is far from situational if you aim it at the ground, cluster bullet hits for more than enough to one shot mobs, and thats not even getting into rifles.

have you even played ranger since the buff with not totally awful gear? next thing you will tell me is that extended weapons are good

Meyfei
Jun 17, 2014, 09:58 PM
Dumbest(but best) thing i ever seen-

TD on B20 with 10/12 and Turtleing at last tower from Stage 2 and on- and winning the EQ!
TD 2nd run same session, Turtleing at Stage 4- 9/12 -1 for AFK, we failed at Stage 5 o/

GHNeko
Jun 17, 2014, 10:23 PM

See I like this idea.

I think practically everyone has grown complacent with WB. It's such a potent variable that its existance prevents balance on certain scales/levels, as dully noted in above quote.

Chdata
Jun 17, 2014, 10:33 PM
What if weak bullet was 2x damage?

Chdata
Jun 17, 2014, 10:38 PM
"If you're a leech, please don't leave your quest before it's finished, so the good players who are trying to run away from you don't have to deal with it."

GHNeko
Jun 17, 2014, 10:40 PM
Or we could scrap WB, and bring back Jellen and Zalure.

Which is the sensible fucking route imo.

Chdata
Jun 17, 2014, 10:47 PM
There is already jellen bullet.

Shiyo
Jun 17, 2014, 10:58 PM
What if weak bullet was 2x damage?

That's still too good, it needs to be comparable to shifta and zanverse. Which would mean a 5-10% damage increase that can't be multiplied insanely by weak points.

I don't even want to know what the dev who designed a 300% damage multi-party wide increase was thinking, why it still exists 2 years later, or why they're trying to balance content around it.

GHNeko
Jun 17, 2014, 10:59 PM
Yeah. Which i dont even understand is the point because it's barely worth using considering how damage works in this game.

And Jellen bullet is still a speciality bullet that's locked to a type of gun that's locked to a singular class that has a limited amount of shots and etc etc.

And there's still no zalure.

I mean shit, J/Z is rarely used on US as players.

It's wiggity wack, yo.

J/Z could be a great equalizer/stabilizer.

Kondibon
Jun 17, 2014, 11:01 PM
I say make it 2x but not stack with the existing weakspots. That is to say, when you hit something with it the spot's normal weak spot multipliers are set to 2x instead of multiplied from what they were.

Shiyo
Jun 17, 2014, 11:04 PM
I say make it 2x but not stack with the existing weakspots. That is to say, when you hit something with it the spot's normal weak spot multipliers are set to 2x instead of multiplied from what they were.

Do you mean it would do NOTHING to weak points?

If not, that's what it should do. If it did nothing to weak points, and simply created a weak point where ever you wanted, it would almost be a 100% balanced ability.

I still say remove it entirely.

btw-Niji
Jun 17, 2014, 11:13 PM
Leave weak bullet alone.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 17, 2014, 11:16 PM
yeah
it's better to discuss something that actually has a chance of being changed

GHNeko
Jun 17, 2014, 11:21 PM
yeah
it's better to discuss something that actually has a chance of being changed