PDA

View Full Version : The dumbest thing you've seen in an EQ

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 17, 2014, 11:29 PM
yeah
it's better to discuss something that actually has a chance of being changed

Well the chances of change hasn't been better since they're actually getting someone else for job in episode 3. Not saying it's a good chance, but better than our chances now.

Leave weak bullet alone.

Just gonna quote myself instead of repeating my rant that started this WB discussion.

They should nerf WB hard (or remove it outright), nerf apos, and loser HP, and proceed to balance the game without that toxic POS we call WB being as much of a factor.

You know what to click if you want to see my reasons.

Also, not even sure what your stance on WB is. I do hope you don't think it's perfectly fine as a 3x multiplier when it is for all intents and purposes a tumor in the future development and balance for this game which didn't start showing symptoms until loser EQ came around with his inflated HP. It needs to be stopped now.

Shiyo
Jun 17, 2014, 11:47 PM
when it is for all intents and purposes a tumor in the future development and balance for this game which didn't start showing symptoms until loser EQ came around with his inflated HP. It needs to be stopped now.
Exactly, now that they're balancing the game around it, it's only going to go downhill from here. They need to remove it from the equation entirely, because it is NOT something you want to be balancing a game around. Trying to will just cause so many problems.

An example of trying to balance around something completely retarded:
In FFXI, there was a buff that make your entire party literally invincible to all damage, and you could spam it on every boss multiple times(if you brought multiple of that class). Only one single class out of 20(yes, TWENTY) had this buff, and it was on a 2 hour cooldown, which required you to also bring another class which could reset 2 hours. The devs started to design bosses around it existing. So you needed to bring 3 of one class, and 4 of the other, into 18 man raids. 7/18 of your party was 2 classes.

They eventually saw this was horrible, and removed it entirely.

Please don't let weak bullet be our Perfect Defense.

Kumichan
Jun 18, 2014, 12:53 AM
Pre Luther: This game is too easy! Give us some challenge.

Pos Luther: This game is too hard! Get rid of mechanic that allow us to kill bosses faster and make them weaker.

Kondibon
Jun 18, 2014, 12:55 AM

Pos Luther: This game is too hard! Get rid of mechanic that allow us to kill bosses faster and make them weaker.
Theres a difference between something being difficult and something being tedious.

Sp-24
Jun 18, 2014, 12:58 AM
Yeah, why would people want to get rid of one skill on one class' skill tree that the entire game revolves around?

Kumichan
Jun 18, 2014, 01:03 AM
Just bring wb yourself, or a wb bot. Problem solved.

Arksenth
Jun 18, 2014, 01:11 AM

No, what people are saying is, between having the game balanced with Weak Bullet, and having the game balanced without Weak Bullet, why not just address Weak Bullet instead of having the entire game hinge around it.

duuuuuuuuuuh

Sp-24
Jun 18, 2014, 01:15 AM
No, that's problem perpetuated. There is something wrong when you don't need a ranged class in a party, or even a Ranger specifically, but just the triple damage button that they have.

Dephinix
Jun 18, 2014, 01:24 AM
Remove WB, it's too early in the week to be getting shitfaced guys...

GoldenFalcon
Jun 18, 2014, 01:26 AM
Remove WB, it's too early in the week to be getting shitfaced guys...

Back in the day, us rangers didn't need weak bullet to be crucial to every party

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 18, 2014, 01:36 AM

I love how you're trying to act smart while failing at reading comprehension, and totally missing the point! It's cute.

In no mood to attempt to talk sense into you right now.

Kondibon
Jun 18, 2014, 01:40 AM
I specifically remember someone saying GUNNERS were being useless and inconsiderate for not using weakbullet (this was a bit after the fury stance changes iirc).

Think about that. :I

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 18, 2014, 01:47 AM
I specifically remember someone saying GUNNERS were being useless and inconsiderate for not using weakbullet (this was a bit after the fury stance changes iirc).

Think about that. :I

Yeah, yeah... at one point or another we all loved to milk it for what it was worth, especially with that 45-60 grind through VH... WBs on arms were a blessing for making that grind so much less painful.

Either way, having an entire game based around one stupidly overpowered skill from one class is a much bigger problem than how much exp you can get in 30 minutes, and Loser is the first tangible step toward that. I shoulda've came to that conclusion sooner myself. Probably I just ignored it since it didn't seem like an immediate problem/assumed it would be fixed before it got out of hand (though it was a major underlying problem that was inevitably going to lead the the current Loser problem, or continue to trivialize everything if left alone).

KiroMatic
Jun 18, 2014, 01:59 AM
I know people who like to play with no Units simply because they think the units make their characters ugly, not joking. They know these features exist, they know they could be way stronger with Units but you know what... who cares? Certainly not me. Personally I would prefer to be as strong as possible and be a fierce and respected player, but you know what? Not everyone plays for these reasons and they do not have to play for these reasons either.

I am seeing so much high horsing in this thread and ultimately all over this forum. I understand that you guys play this game quite a bit and have dedicated lot's of time into it to know everything and master how to play it the way you would like to but acting stuck up just because people like to play differently is not okay. At all.

Now do not get me wrong, the people who are just being plain stupid, like legitimately not knowing how to do simple things or who are doing really stupid things during EQs simply because they are inexperienced do not deserve mercy. People shouldn't jump into a challenge they are not ready to take on and then drag everyone down. This is also not okay.

Arksenth
Jun 18, 2014, 02:03 AM
I know people who like to play with no Units simply because they think the units make their characters ugly, not joking. They know these features exist, they know they could be way stronger with Units but you know what... who cares? Certainly not me. Personally I would prefer to be as strong as possible and be a fierce and respected player, but you know what? Not everyone plays for these reasons and they do not have to play for these reasons either.

I am seeing so much high horsing in this thread and ultimately all over this forum. I understand that you guys play this game quite a bit and have dedicated lot's of time into it to know everything and master how to play it the way you would like to but acting stuck up just because people like to play differently is not okay. At all.

Now do not get me wrong, the people who are just being plain stupid, like legitimately not knowing how to do simple things or who are doing really stupid things during EQs simply because they are inexperienced do not deserve mercy. People shouldn't jump into a challenge they are not ready to take on and then drag everyone down. This is also not okay.

you can

hide units

Maenara
Jun 18, 2014, 02:06 AM

You can turn your units invisible.

Chdata
Jun 18, 2014, 02:07 AM

you can

hide units

baka! if I hide them in my storage or inventory, what's the point of having them?! worthless!!!?!11

isCasted
Jun 18, 2014, 03:30 AM

I tried that back when Loser just came out. We ended up in MPA full of Rangers, it took us 20 minutes to take Loser down, I returned to campship twice to get moons.

Dive Roll sucks. One (2 at most) dedicated person to spend Moon Atomizers on is enough.

Erza
Jun 18, 2014, 05:42 AM
wth is an EQ the one emergency where i only need to join, than go afk enjoy anime
& after some time free rares pop up?? if yes i like that one XD

Skize
Jun 18, 2014, 05:52 AM
concentrate one is an easy and cheap 10k+ x3, cosmo breaker is far from situational if you aim it at the ground, cluster bullet hits for more than enough to one shot mobs, and thats not even getting into rifles.

have you even played ranger since the buff with not totally awful gear? next thing you will tell me is that extended weapons are good

Oh yeah, next thing you'll tell me is that CB is great for Luther. Just gotta aim it at the ground right? Or perhaps you'll use Concentrate One and Cluster Bullets on Apos right? Next you'll tell me it'll work great on soloing bosses like Cougar NX, Fangs, and Blu Ringahda. Get Real. We're talking about EQ in general not just TD.

WildarmsRE5
Jun 18, 2014, 07:03 AM
Dive Roll sucks.need more Dive Roll Training.

adapt to the changes, this isn't Step.

If you're complaining about how the Dive Roll I-Frames are abyssmal, yeap, they're abyssmal compared to Hu and Fo's dodge--

nvm.

*from someone who played ranger since day 1*

I guess I just got used to the abyssmal I-Frame times.

Oh yeah, next thing you'll tell me is that CB is great for Luther. Just gotta aim it at the ground right? Or perhaps you'll use Concentrate One and Cluster Bullets on Apos right? Next you'll tell me it'll work great on soloing bosses like Cougar NX, Fangs, and Blu Ringahda. Get Real. We're talking about EQ in general not just TD.Impact Slider says hello for those 10k shots.

and uh, what's the deal on solo-ing Cougar NX and Ringahda? Ringahda is really really easy to solo on Ra/Hu, just break the rings and you'll have time to charge a Satellite KO cannon (unless its a MPA), Haven't tried soloing a Cougar since they're rare and all. . .

Fangs/Snows are just. . . *WBs Foot, Impact slides, WBs Face, Homing Emission x2*

I have no objections on removing WB as long as we get our Weak Hit Advance Skills and PAs buffed.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 18, 2014, 07:06 AM
2k damage shunka

pls no b20

Skize
Jun 18, 2014, 10:21 AM
need more Dive Roll Training.

adapt to the changes, this isn't Step.

If you're complaining about how the Dive Roll I-Frames are abyssmal, yeap, they're abyssmal compared to Hu and Fo's dodge--

nvm.

*from someone who played ranger since day 1*

I guess I just got used to the abyssmal I-Frame times.

Impact Slider says hello for those 10k shots.

and uh, what's the deal on solo-ing Cougar NX and Ringahda? Ringahda is really really easy to solo on Ra/Hu, just break the rings and you'll have time to charge a Satellite KO cannon (unless its a MPA), Haven't tried soloing a Cougar since they're rare and all. . .

Fangs/Snows are just. . . *WBs Foot, Impact slides, WBs Face, Homing Emission x2*

I have no objections on removing WB as long as we get our Weak Hit Advance Skills and PAs buffed.

I was actually pointing out how CB and SC wasn't the best solution for those bosses... Impact Slider I can agree with though. For me, as a RA/BR, it's not as easy to solo SH Blu Ringahda though since I don't really utilize any melee weapons. One wrong move and I'm pretty much dead.

WildarmsRE5
Jun 18, 2014, 10:34 AM
I was actually pointing out how CB and SC wasn't the best solution for those bosses... Impact Slider I can agree with though. For me, as a RA/BR, it's not as easy to solo SH Blu Ringahda though since I don't really utilize any melee weapons. One wrong move and I'm pretty much dead.oh okay.

but I'm pretty sure Ra/Br doesn't use melee weapons, especially against Ringahda. just WB its head JA uncharged Banish Arrow and Final, Bellion style. :wacko:

Shiyo
Jun 18, 2014, 10:47 AM

People would multi-box summoners in FFXI for perfect defense, because it was required.

It's 2014, archaic game design this bad shouldn't still exist.