PDA

View Full Version : Can I play PSP2 online with a homebrewed PSP?

Wintermute0
Jun 3, 2014, 12:43 PM
My PSP is hacked to allow for a variety of things (CFW). I have been replaying Phantasy Star Portable 2 recently and was wondering if I could use the online features even with my PSP being hacked? My copy of PSP2 is physical, not pirated or anything like that.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Sinue_v2
Jun 3, 2014, 08:02 PM
Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem. I play PSP2i on the Japanese servers while running Pro B CFW and I've never had any issues, so you should be fine.

Aki_Yoruno
Jun 4, 2014, 12:45 AM
Yep, no probs here either. Vita with an ISO of your PSP2/i UMD is a buggy prob online, though.

Wintermute0
Jun 6, 2014, 02:56 PM
Good to know, thanks for the quick replies!

RedRaz0r
Jun 9, 2014, 11:52 AM
While your on CFW, I would reccomend ripping your UMD and playing the game from your memory stick if possible. Much faster load times.

Wintermute0
Jun 11, 2014, 07:29 PM
While your on CFW, I would reccomend ripping your UMD and playing the game from your memory stick if possible. Much faster load times.

I thought about doing this but was concerned that the .iso wouldn't play online.

I have noticed that the game is laggy even by myself in multiplayer mode.

RedRaz0r
Jun 12, 2014, 09:20 PM
I thought about doing this but was concerned that the .iso wouldn't play online.

I have noticed that the game is laggy even by myself in multiplayer mode.

I don't even know where my UMD is and I play online all the time. Can confirm it works great online

Wintermute0
Jun 14, 2014, 03:56 PM
I don't even know where my UMD is and I play online all the time. Can confirm it works great online

I've been using a ripped PSP2 iso and it's working a lot better than the UMD. The biggest difference I can tell is that there is virtually no lag time when switching weapons, which is awesome.