PDA

View Full Version : DC: Your first Dragon slaying

phatalbert
Apr 16, 2003, 12:48 PM
*My last post was copy and pasted onto another website (gamefaqs) by some freak. I hope this time around it doesn't get jacked
BYName: Balbarei, Class: FOmar, Section ID: Redria, Level: 47* and Balbarei?s Level Status in all PSO Games - DCv1: lv 100 - DCv2: lv 44 - GC lv 81 - PC: lv 12

Well, I just wanted to say that I deleted my lvl 121 Dreamcast PSO ver.2 character the otherday, to make space for a game imported from Euro called Headhunter. At the time It never occured to me that I would be destroying a character that has lasted since PSO was first released, with soo many guildcards, weapons and armor that each have a story from playing countless hours online. Damn I regret it!

All the original Lavis Cannons from V.1 and the DBL sabers from the good ol' trades.

The first time I played and got my character online, was like a total "out of body" experience. Me and my sis joined up 2 other people when all the rooms were unlocked. I forgot what their names were, but they were pretty cool ppl. They led us to through the forest and they were the tough ones, at around lvl 10... I just kept getting the last shot! I was about lvl 3 by the time we got to the Dragon.

They recommended not going to the dragon at my lvl, but I was just dying to check it out. I think when one guy went up to the ship for a refill of items, the 3 of us were on the teleport to the dragons layer an I some how pressed the button!

We ended up running in circles for an hour or so getting the few hits on the dragon when possible. Died tons of times, but thanks to scape dolls, i lasted.

Good O'l scapes!

Anyother accidental button pressing before a Boss? Did anyone else have trouble with sharing items when the boss is defeated? Not that the items after the boss are any good, but sharing items in general??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phatalbert on 2003-04-16 16:22 ]</font>

-LordNikon-
Apr 17, 2003, 04:54 AM
Speaking from the perspective of a relativley newer PSO player. The first time I battled the dragon i as at about Lv5 and was playing with 1 other person, which oddly enough was a new PSO player as well.(Was very wierd cause this was 5 months ago, yes there are new players poping up on DC v1) SO anyways i was Lv5 and he was Lv7, I think we used like 10 moon atomizers between the two of us and ran around forever as well. Finally beat him. And i took a long swig off my soda and geared up for some more hunting. I think I played like for 48 hours str8 that session. It was manic. What was even more horrifying after i had spent all weekend getting up to lvl32.....that tuesday fsod hit, corrupted entire vmu, lost character.

Now as long as I avoid BLOCK01:LOBBY01, and play with people I know, its all good. Havn't had one problem since. I just play it kool and don't join the 01:lobbies and idle in them, cause thats where like allll the problems happen.

But anyways, another experience which i would like to share is when i pondered what Hard mode would be like. I was cocky, i forget what Lv i was at, probobly killed a ton of rappies, got a Saber+3 and thought i was mr bigshot. Well i went on Hard mode, and i got SMACKED. Died in one hit, i think i just stared at the screen for a minute, and then scurried my butt back to pioneer2, in need of some SERIOUS training. hehehe.

But yea I don't know DC PSO is still alive and doing pretty good, under the circumstances. I am gonna keep on playin. Prolly gonna go NGC:PSO come mid summer or july or something, but I think I will still play both DC and NGC versions. I love the overall feel of PSO on the DC. I don't really know why, I just do.

-LordNikon

Captain_Dude
Apr 17, 2003, 06:46 AM
First time I did battle with the odious beast, I was a mere lvl 10(hehe, my poor little FOnewearl could barely anything to the behemoth before that). It was an amazing battle. I love my wars with bosses.

Just a while ago, I proceded to obliterate the dragon offline for the irst time on PSOX. At lvl 5!(Yay, either I'm better, or PSOX is easier, and I'm looking toward the latter.) But then he spanked me online...

But, whatever! I'm glad I'll finally be able to play with others, been so long since I've played a MORPG(not MMORPG, just MORPG)... Geez, it's been like two years since my Diablo 2 days. Ahh... Memories. But, yeah, I first slew the dragon at lvl 10 after about 3 hours of play and about 30 hours of idling...

phatalbert
Apr 17, 2003, 02:40 PM
(hope this post doesn't get jacked)

Thats great Nikon, I'm glad DC is still up and
running, getting populated with new players every so
often. Everytime I go to EB or bestbuy I see a copy
or 2 of pso v.1 tucked away behind some cheap a$$ game
like... *nothing comes to mind* but you know what I'm
mean. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I sort of feel sorry for the people who buy a used
PSO, where the rejected employees of a store neglect
to inform you you can't play with that online because
its been used! Has anyone had that experience?
Playing the caves boss is one of the best, it took
lots of team effeort back in the day of DC. I'm sure
nowadays people just use the infamous "Needle" in v.2
to clean out the garbage. I know I did.
When I first got onto PSO v.2 I made friends with a
guy who had one of these really cool needles, the RED
ver.2 ones. He said he won it from the challenge
mode, He eventually got me one! Oh my luck, and it
was real too! So the whole time for like 4 months, we
went around acting like elite force or something. We
also discovered the really strang properties that this
new ver.2 weapon had.

I'm sure you've all heard what it was able to do, if
not let me tell you.

Basically the weapon was able to cast random spells on
the enemies, rendering them with confusion or
paralyses. All is well if you keep shooting from
afar, until you get hit by the enemy. Its most of the
time a one hit kill by the enemy. It was back then
because of my low HP. This weapon just opened up all
the possiblities in the game.

I admit, me and my friend went on a jacking weapon
spree with our new toys. We went from room to room,
helping people to a certain point, then using the
special on the needles and watching them get killed by
the enemies. We would then rush in, grab the weapons,
and teleport out. Not many people would want to admit
to this totally rejected act, but i do. I f&%king
apologize to the people I did it too, cause there were
many and it was wrong. It all started to end when we
went to japan. YOU KNOW THE JAPANESE ARE SMART when
they know what the f*&k your weapon can do. As soon
as we started using them, they either told us not to
use them , or they left the game.

To make it even worse, I once played alone in japan
and another american joins our team. When theres an
american in japan you know there is trouble, because
a) they're acting like rejects and terrorizing
japanese and b) they want weapons and mags from japan.
So this other american joins, telepipes down, and
ends up doing the same thing to me. I die, he swipes
my needle, and dashes off. I f*%king literally yell
like I got shot in real life! All you can do when you
die is watch the other person take your shit! Now I
got what i deserve, and I know how the other people
felt when I took their weapons. I follow him to
another room and just try getting my weapon back using
the resta spell, but i could never get him at the
right time. I just gave up.

Moral of the story... you know what it is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif