PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Question regarding enemy spawning.

HopelessHero
Jun 10, 2014, 03:28 PM
I remember having seen in another thread on the site that the spawn rate for Bal Blundarls is .05%. That's pretty annoying if true, especially for a solo player who's trying to get an Agito.

So I was wondering if it was possible for a rare version of an enemy to spawn during a boss battle, because there's no shortage of Blundarls spawning during a Blu Ringahda fight. If I hang around and farm them for a while, will a Bal Blundarl eventually spawn, or will it only be the normal version due to the boss battle?

Thanks in advance.

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 03:37 PM
Your best bet is to do a SHAQ that has Blundarls, with a 4/4 party, at high risk (higher risk = more rare enemies), that is competent enough to get lasting PSE Bursts.

This is the only semi-reliable way to farm for ANY weapon, aside from EQs that may drop specific weapons in question, or XQ floors.

HopelessHero
Jun 10, 2014, 03:40 PM
I appreciate the advice, and I'll give that a try.
But I was actually hoping for a direct answer to the question; whether it's possible or not.

Bellion
Jun 10, 2014, 05:34 PM
Yes, a rare version can spawn during boss fights where their normal versions can spawn. Although, a red code during the boss fight gets them to spawn rare variants more often.
They spawn quite a bit but there is a limit to the spawn number.

Friyn
Jun 10, 2014, 06:39 PM
If my memory serves me right, there's a floor in Oceanids XQ with guaranteed Bal Blundarls. It's horrible waste of passes though.

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 07:33 PM
Not to mention, the chance of getting Agito from there are... can you even get it from there? XQ drops are weird.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 10, 2014, 07:52 PM
You could always just go through the matter board for a better multiclass katana instead of waiting on a drop (which despite numerous changes to drops rates, it still seems like an act of insanity to farm a specific rare drop from a specific rare enemy).

Unless XQ bal blundarls have an amplified drop rate (which many XQ enemies are now dropping old sought after gear that's out of style), might be faster to go through matter boards.

Atmius
Jun 10, 2014, 11:16 PM
You would sooner get a guaranteed spawn of a bal blundarl by burning through to matterboard 15 and doing that story quest over and over again, as there is a guaranteed bal blundarl spawn in it (if you meet certain conditions). Can be ran over and over at a time cost of about 1.5-2minutes per run including loading etc.

Chdata
Jun 11, 2014, 12:36 AM
What level is the blundarl at that point?

HopelessHero
Jun 11, 2014, 12:52 AM
Yes, a rare version can spawn during boss fights where their normal versions can spawn. Although, a red code during the boss fight gets them to spawn rare variants more often.
They spawn quite a bit but there is a limit to the spawn number.

Thanks, i was always curious as to why the E-Code popup was occasionally red.

As for the rest of you, thanks. I figured out what i needed to.