PDA

View Full Version : Which mag to choose ...

Dougal
Apr 16, 2003, 03:18 PM
Hey all,

Still relativley new to this game, but been doing a bit of reading up on mags. Managed to create myself a Sato which a lot of people seem to be going on about, and wondering what I should go for on a second mag for a new char.

The fourth evolution possibilities I have are :

Bhima
Deva
Diwari
Nidra
Pushan
Rati
Rukmin
Sato
Savitri

Not really biased towards any so please post your opinion to help me decide ! If you can, please state reasons. Looking for something thats useful but would also look cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif .

Cheers,

Dougal

HaLLa
Apr 16, 2003, 03:21 PM
well what character are you using and whta stats do you want?

Dougal
Apr 16, 2003, 03:28 PM
Heh, I knew I'd probably miss some info off!

Anyhow, the new char is a HUnewearl . Not sure what stats would be best - possibly mainly POW with some DEX or maybe other way around?

Cheers

Dougal

SubstanceD
Apr 16, 2003, 03:37 PM
I really have to think before I post and must learn to proof read before I hit the submit button.

My views on Mags can be found in my latter post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2003-04-16 13:41 ]</font>

HaLLa
Apr 16, 2003, 03:38 PM
I would go Sato or Rati for a Main Power/Dex mag.

SubstanceD
Apr 16, 2003, 03:38 PM
I am quite happy with my Rati Mag, it looks really cool and it almost always casts shifta and deband on me for boss fights ( not sure what it does when Photon bar fills up since I never give it a chance to ). The only other 4th evolution Mag's that I am interested in are Nidra and Sato and seeing as though you already have a Sato Mag I would recommend that you go with either Nidra or Rati.

Yoda86
Apr 16, 2003, 03:42 PM
I usually go between Rati and Diwari. I usually raise a Rati on any and all Hunters I have then Diwari on any Rangers I have. I don't know why, but they seem to go together hand in hand.

In your HUnewearl case I would definetley go with Rati.

VulpesMundi
Apr 16, 2003, 03:51 PM
Any character that can cast Shifta & Deband for themselves needn't worry about a MAG that regularly casts it, but should still strive to have the PB Mylla & Youlla for team PBs. These classes include: HUnewearl, RAmar, RAmarl, FOmar, FOmarl, FOnewm, and FOnewearl. These characters should almost exclusively opt for MAGs that perform invincibility across the board (such as Sato, Nidra, Bana, Apsaras, Soniti, etc.).

Any character that cannot cast Shifta & Deband for themselves should have a MAG that regularly casts it (both with and without a PB). These classes include: HUmar, HUcast, HUcaseal, RAcast, and RAcaseal. This is to ensure that, when playing solo, this character can have Shifta & Deband as often as possible. The majority of MAGs cast at least one instance of Shifta & Deband (see the MAG galleries for more details).

There are plenty of suggestions on what MAGs to give what character classes and so in in the MAG guides section.

gideonx
Apr 16, 2003, 04:08 PM
Being a HUnewearl you don't need to worry about mags with shifta (like vulpes said). I would go with one of the triple invincibility mags Since you already have Sato, I would say go with Nidra.

Also nidra's stats are very easy to raise once you get it at lvl 100.

My advice also is to make a mag with high POW and Dex, small amount of DEF and NO NO NO MST. I think Mag MST is completely wasted on non-force casters after about lvl 50. Once you get into the 100+ Level you will only be casting Shifta, Deband, Resta and maybe Jellen and Zalure. Of all these only resta is affected by MST and it's not that important to have high http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Just my 2 cents