PDA

View Full Version : Obstinate Spirit

AeroXZX
Jun 18, 2014, 06:01 PM
Ely Sion (12* Sword) and Last Survivor (7* Sword) both come with the potential "Obstinate Spirit". Obstinate Spirit gives a 13/16/19% chance to survive a lethal attack with 1HP. "Iron Will" in the Hunter tree gives a 75% (when maxed) chance to survive a lethal attack with 1HP.

My question is.. what of the following happens:
1. You have a 75% chance to survive (Iron Will). If it would kill you, then you have a 19% chance to survive (Obstinate Spirit).
2. You have a (75+19=)94% to survive.

The reason I ask is because if it works how option 2 is displayed then that would be pretty crazy. If you want to "tank", you could just get both of these bonuses together, and pretty much never die. Also, 5 seconds of invulnerability right afterwards would make it a bit ridiculous. You could build complete damage with only a 6% chance to "actually" die. So, does anyone know if it works like 1, or 2? Any help would be appreciated, so I don't spend a butt ton of meseta to find out otherwise.

lnvisible
Jun 18, 2014, 06:19 PM
I imagine hitting shift when about to be hit would probably be cheaper..

Rendezvous
Jun 18, 2014, 06:23 PM
If you invest in Iron Will, you're not going complete damage.

Even then, shift actions offer far more efficient safety measures. Then you couple that with 8 slot mags laced with HP Recovery devices.

Sanguine2009
Jun 18, 2014, 06:23 PM
they have separate proc chances so the first one is correct