Jun 19, 2014, 05:24 AM
現在発生しております、ネットワーク障害に関して報告いたします。
今回の障害原因は、不特定な第三者による弊社サーバー群を狙ったDDoS攻撃と判明しています 。
その特徴から、明確に弊社ネットワーク設備およびサービスへの悪意ある攻撃と判断しております 。
こちらにつきましては、可能なかぎりの対策を実施しておりますが、現在も攻撃が継続的に続いており、完全な 解決への見込みをお伝えできない状況です。
また、現在の状況が引き続き解消されない場合、サービスの停止を実施する可能性もございます。
安定したサービスをご利用いただくためにも、何卒ご理解とご協力を賜りますようお願い申し上げ ます。
大変申し訳ございませんが、こちらに関しては、続報をお待ちいただきますようお願いいたします 。

We are currently experiencing, we will report on network failure.
Of failure this time, we've found the DDoS attacks against our server group by a third party non-specific.
From its features, we are determined to malicious attacks and services to our network equipment clearly.
With regard to this place, we are implementing measures as much as possible, but the attack is continuing on an ongoing basis today, it is a situation that can not tell the likelihood of the complete solution.
In addition, if the current situation persists continue, the possibility of carrying out the stop of the service is also available.
Also in order to use the stable service, thank you look forward to your cooperation and understanding.
We're sorry, but for here, I ask that you wait for the follow-up.

Hmm, possible IP ban?

Aine
Jun 19, 2014, 05:25 AM
here come the IP bans

Rotek
We should get a proper translation before speculating.

Sp-24
Nah, they never IP blocked anyone before, so obviously they never will.

Shinamori
Jun 19, 2014, 05:27 AM

SEA says hi. Although, that was probably (most definitely) Asiasoft's fault.

Maenara
Jun 19, 2014, 05:31 AM
Distributed Denial of Service attacks are completely different than the things the script kiddies do in B20.

Karakuri Douze
Jun 19, 2014, 05:32 AM
Please quit saying "IP ban" every time a new development or just about anything happens in regards to every network error or update, unless SEGA outright says it. Otherwise it's just pointless paranoia.

GlitterOutlaw
Jun 19, 2014, 05:32 AM
i got slapped 249 after ive been in there all day so....

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 05:35 AM
Please quit saying "IP ban" every time a new development or just about anything happens in regards to every network error or update, unless SEGA outright says it. Otherwise it's just pointless paranoia.
「現在の状況が引き続き解消されない場合、サービスの停止を実施する可能性もございます。」 - Sega, 2014.

Karakuri Douze
Jun 19, 2014, 05:36 AM

Even with the Google Translate posted earlier, that isn't them outright saying that.

Shinamori
Jun 19, 2014, 05:39 AM
"Stop of service". If it's not an IP ban, then it may be a just the banning of those involved.

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 05:41 AM
In related news:

http://i.imgur.com/HwCvftA.png

Maenara
"Stop of service".

Which means they're pulling the servers down until they can solve the issue. Stopping(Shutting down) the service(The game).

Karakuri Douze
That could mean quite a variety of things, not just IP bans. Until SEGA outright says "We are banning specific IPs from outside of Japan" specifically or anything of the like, there's no confirmation of it, and screaming "IP BANS" is just people being worried about nothing.

Shinamori
Jun 19, 2014, 05:42 AM
That thought has crossed my mind too. It's probably better to get a proper translation then.

Skyly
Jun 19, 2014, 05:42 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=3830

GlitterOutlaw
Jun 19, 2014, 05:43 AM
i hope they dont lol just started today haha.

Soldat J
Jun 19, 2014, 05:48 AM
I'm a little confused, did someone copy and paste the wrong thing?
The line everyone is worrying about:

And this is the line from the official website:

また、現在の状況が引き続き解消されない場合、サービスの一時停止を実施する可能性もございま す。

It's missing the "temporary" part. So I'm pretty sure it just means they may have to stop the PSO2 service for everyone for a temporary amount of time until they incorporate better protection services.

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2014, 05:48 AM
They ought to attack PSO2 SEA instead.
But then I guess hardly anyone would be bothered.

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 05:50 AM
That could mean quite a variety of things, not just IP bans. Until SEGA outright says "We are banning specific IPs from outside of Japan" specifically or anything of the like, there's no confirmation of it, and screaming "IP BANS" is just people being worried about nothing.
Yeah, it could mean a variety of things. Such as an IP ban, which is one of the possibilities that need to be considered.

Now, people screaming "Stop screaming IP BANS" when nobody even does that do, indeed, need to stop.

It's missing the "temporary" part. So I'm pretty sure it just means they may have to stop the PSO2 service for everyone for a temporary amount of time until they incorporate better protection services.
You had to spoil it.

Soldat J
Jun 19, 2014, 05:53 AM
You had to spoil it.

Shoot sorry! I can't tell when people on here are being sarcastic or not!

oratank
Jun 19, 2014, 05:54 AM
They ought to attack PSO2 SEA instead.
But then I guess hardly anyone would be bothered.

i thought sea already in Abyss.so jp would get more fun than sea to them

Raymee
Jun 19, 2014, 05:57 AM
rofl they probably added the 'temporarily' a few min ago heheh

Dammy
Jun 19, 2014, 05:59 AM
rofl they probably added the 'temporarily' a few min ago heheh

correct, they did

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 06:00 AM
I'll go dig through japanese tweets, but something already tells me that japanese players speculated that PSO2 is getting shut down.

Dammy

Sega have changed it

Ordy
Now, people screaming "Stop screaming IP BANS" when nobody even does that do, indeed, need to stop.

http://i.imgur.com/ZADJYvJ.jpg

Karakuri Douze
Jun 19, 2014, 06:01 AM
Yeah, it could mean a variety of things. Such as an IP ban, which is one of the possibilities that need to be considered.

Well, I meant "screaming IP BANS" as a general statement regarding the overall paranoia that people get whenever anything changes with the server as opposed to a literal statement, but my bad for not clarifying. Either way, I'll worry about IP bans if one is actually mentioned by SEGA, but until then I'd rather not panic over unlikely 'what-ifs.' That's all I'm getting at.

Anyways, I'll drop it and not keep going with that debate; pretty sure nobody wants pages of that.

GlitterOutlaw
Jun 19, 2014, 06:02 AM
would be my luck spend all week trying to get the game to work finally does they close down the game forever haha.

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 06:04 AM
「>また、現在の状況が引き続き解消されない場合、サービスの停止を実施する可能性もございま す。 これでPSO2終わっちゃうのか・・・・」

「pso2.jp/players/news/?… サービスの停止の可能性・・・?PSO2終わる・・・?おいおい復帰しようとアプデした瞬間にこれかよ!! !まじでヤバイ」

「まて、サービスの停止ってPSO2課金制になるってこと?」

「PSO2のサーバーが何者かに攻撃されてるみたいなのですよΣ(・□・;) 最悪サービスの停止とか書いてあったΣ(・□・;)」

「現在の状況が引き続き解消されない場合、サービスの停止を実施する可能性もございます。 PSO2終了のお知らせでした。」

「サービスの停止とはPso2終了かな?」

The reasons why that announcement was edited.

Meyfei
Jun 19, 2014, 06:05 AM
Distributed Denial of Service attacks are completely different than the things the script kiddies do in B20.

I've experienced this annoying action in 2 other games- Tibia (countless times over and over again the past 6 years) and Wurm Online (recent most the past 7-9 months)

This has got to be the most immature thing that anyone on the net can do. I hope legal actions follow suit but many cases its tracked to a country where "it isnt illegal".

What comes to mind as funny is how PSO2 fell so easily to such attempts, I mean I should have figured as much sega/Sakai must expect a perfect world out there- Banning Gaijin, stealing money(legally), and having crappy service, and of course that profit margin. Who'd have any reason to perform them haha.

gaijin_punch
Jun 19, 2014, 06:24 AM
Yeah, they're going to throw away years of work and a huge money maker b/c of some DoS attacks.

What the fuck people? Japanese literacy or not, everyone should know that's not going to happen.

Maronji
Jun 19, 2014, 06:44 AM
Bumped just reported (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-experiencing-ddos-attack/) on the matter.

Welp. There goes my chance to poke my head in for a bit this week like I wanted to.

ClothoBuer
Jun 19, 2014, 06:46 AM
im ocd and make youtube videos of my favorite games. if i dont make over 20 recordings for a specific game i feel unfulfilled and empty. luckily i got just over 20 videos of pso2 uploaded already. sure its mostly spamming the same quest and i didnt get to a level 100 mag yet but i am fulfilled:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChristopherLeeFriday

with that said youre all gay tell me when its fixed.

Because shameless promotions of obscure Youtube channels are CLEARLY on topic.

In any case, unless Sega finds the source IPs of the person or people staging the attack, they're not going to do anything outside of suspending play for a bit. Though I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out it's not the PSO-HACKtards but a bunch of SEA-area people who are pissed at being banned from the JP client.

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2014, 06:48 AM
I think it's safe to say that we can now officially call this game "Phantasy Star Offline 2".

Though I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out it's not the PSO-HACKtards but a bunch of SEA-area people who are pissed at being banned from the JP client.
I was thinking that too, but then they'd probably be more likely to attack the SEA version.

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 06:56 AM
Considering that one whisper is enough to generate three rage threads (if we include the one drunken one) in this community, it's really a no-braner as to who is doing these, and why the Japanese version is the target, and not the SEA or Taiwan ones.

UnLucky
Jun 19, 2014, 06:59 AM
Maybe this time they'll actually upgrade their servers.

#deadpan

Maenara
Jun 19, 2014, 07:03 AM

In that case, I hope you get IP banned so you get what you want.

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 07:05 AM
Well, thankfully Sega hasn't banned me yet, which is a 100% proof that I will never get banned.

XPKun
Jun 19, 2014, 07:05 AM
Either way, I'll worry about IP bans if one is actually mentioned by SEGA, but until then I'd rather not panic over unlikely 'what-ifs.'

They IP banned SEA without saying anything about it. Asiasoft didn't say anything either. It's not a "what if" scenario since they already stated long ago that if hacking continues, they'll implement an IP ban. If they actually figure out where this DDoS attack came from, you can reasonably expect such action. Though I'd really laugh if it came from SEA 'coz lol, what else are they going to do?

werkbau
Jun 19, 2014, 07:07 AM
Maybe this time they'll actually upgrade their servers.

#deadpan

If anyone should upgrade the servers, it's Asiasoft.
Their servers suffer severe lags all the time and I'm from SEA. ;-)

Maenara
Well, thankfully Sega hasn't banned me yet, which is a 100% proof that I will never get banned.

Which is unfortunate, because due to this guilty-until-proven-innocent mindset, you're one of the worst hackers PSO2 has ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Sizustar
They IP banned SEA without saying anything about it. Asiasoft didn't say anything either. It's not a "what if" scenario since they already stated long ago that if hacking continues, they'll implement an IP ban. If they actually figure out where this DDoS attack came from, you can reasonably expect such action. Though I'd really laugh if it came from SEA 'coz lol, what else are they going to do?

Get better server security?

XPKun
Jun 19, 2014, 07:10 AM
Get better server security?

Oh that remains to be seen. I was actually talking about what else can SEGA do to SEA if the DDoS attack came from there since they're already IP banned anyway.

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 07:13 AM
Which is unfortunate, because due to this guilty-until-proven-innocent mindset, you're one of the worst hackers PSO2 has ever had the misfortune of dealing with.
And then they wonder why English player like to cheat and hack...

Raymee
Jun 19, 2014, 07:16 AM

I may be out-of-the-loop here but where are you basing your assumptions that he's a hacker?
This is certainly an unneeded hostility.

Maronji
Jun 19, 2014, 07:18 AM
I may be out-of-the-loop here but where are you basing your assumptions that he's a hacker?

I think Maebara was being sarcastic/joking, and/or poking fun at a certain stereotype/mindset.

Zona
Jun 19, 2014, 07:18 AM
As a chinese in main land of china, I am pretty not worried about the IP ban.Because I am baned already.

the_importer_
Jun 19, 2014, 07:20 AM
Great, guess no Mag feeding via PSOes at the office today. Only 13 levels away from 175 :(

Sizustar
Jun 19, 2014, 07:26 AM
Oh that remains to be seen. I was actually talking about what else can SEGA do to SEA if the DDoS attack came from there since they're already IP banned anyway.

It's more likely to be from China this time~
Something to do with the DDOS attack on Facebook?
http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/new/20140619/419474/%E8%87%89%E6%9B%B8%E6%8E%9B%E9%BB%9E%E5%89%8D%E3%8 0%80%E4%B8%AD%E5%9C%8B3%E6%B3%A2%E6%95%B8%E4%BD%8D %E5%B0%8E%E5%BD%88%E8%A5%B2%E7%BE%8E

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 19, 2014, 07:27 AM
Looks like I picked the right day to do a full defrag on my hard disk.

Gardios
Jun 19, 2014, 07:28 AM
I wanted to actually play today instead of "get online, send Rappy on missions, do daily crafts" like the last few weeks.

Why, oh whyyyyyy.

Sizustar
Jun 19, 2014, 07:33 AM
Some on 2ch is already blaming China
http://read2ch.net/ogame3/1403173571/

Gardios
Jun 19, 2014, 07:35 AM
I would've been surprised if 2ch didn't blame China like they always do. :|

Imjake
Jun 19, 2014, 07:37 AM
It's not god damn pointless paranoia to be worried about an IP ban. They've done it to westerners before; they did it to "SEA" players with the release of the pitiful "SEA version" of the game. I hope they don't ban us, but acting like it's not a possibility is absurd. I truly hope it's not westerners responsible for this b.s.. Fking nerds, I swear.

Sizustar
Jun 19, 2014, 07:39 AM
I would've been surprised if 2ch didn't blame China like they always do. :|

In this case, they might be right though, the China hacker just did a highly publicized attack on facebook, and various other "none-chinese" website.

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 07:42 AM
This is what I got:

「PSO2がDDoS攻撃を食らってサービス停止中だけど、最近BOTが大量にBANされたから、中華・ア ジアの業者の腹いせとか言われている。ネクソンは絶対にBANしなかったのに!SEGA許すまじ!といった ところか。」 (https://twitter.com/anuanu/status/479603891302977536)

Was there really a huge ban on bots and RMTers recently?

Sizustar
Jun 19, 2014, 07:47 AM
This is what I got:

「PSO2がDDoS攻撃を食らってサービス停止中だけど、最近BOTが大量にBANされたから、中華・ア ジアの業者の腹いせとか言われている。ネクソンは絶対にBANしなかったのに!SEGA許すまじ!といった ところか。」 (https://twitter.com/anuanu/status/479603891302977536)

Was there really a huge ban on bots and RMTers recently?

Hmm..give me a second.

January - 132
Feberuary - 586 banned
March - 2700 Banned
April - 5,559 Banned
May - 1374

You can check the monthly by going to the measure section and just search 悪質行為
Support section
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/

Takatsuki
Jun 19, 2014, 07:51 AM
At least we will probably get some premium tickets out of this >_>

Maenara
Jun 19, 2014, 07:53 AM
I think Maebara was being sarcastic/joking, and/or poking fun at a certain stereotype/mindset.

You're correct.

WildarmsRE5
Jun 19, 2014, 07:53 AM
At least we will probably get some premium tickets out of this >_>for those who had premium active I guess.

Takatsuki
Jun 19, 2014, 07:54 AM
for those who had premium active I guess.

I did! :D!

Wakaburi
Jun 19, 2014, 07:55 AM
The only thing I don't get is, why would people DDoS sega ?
If anyone has any idea, feel free to tell me, actually please tell me.
-

I did! :D!

same here, had premium for a while already yay :D

SilkaN
Jun 19, 2014, 07:56 AM
At least we will probably get some premium tickets out of this >_>

SEGA:
http://puu.sh/9z280

"Free premium tickets for you? Don't get cocky. DUHUHU"

Sizustar
Jun 19, 2014, 07:58 AM
The only thing I don't get is, why would people DDoS sega ?
If anyone has any idea, feel free to tell me, actually please tell me.
-

Sega ip-banned the china region from PSO2, and is actively hunting their RMTer.

China has also been launching a very public DDOS attack on various other stuff, from Facebook to HK voting system, to apple daily news.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8bw9Q4qTd0

So some people think PSO2 is a casuality of this.

Wakaburi
Jun 19, 2014, 08:00 AM
SEGA:
http://puu.sh/9z280

"Free premium tickets for you? Don't get cocky. DUHUHU"

http://puu.sh/9Aspf/60bffe7dd5.jpg
-

Sega ip-banned the china region from PSO2, and is actively hunting their RMTer.

China has also been launching a very public DDOS attack on various other stuff, from Facebook to HK voting system, to apple daily news.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8bw9Q4qTd0

So some people think PSO2 is a casuality of this.

OH.
Well, I had joined a chinese team by accident before, they were cool people... what the hell happened ? Why did they get IP Banned ? Pardon my not knowing anything >_>

Sizustar
Jun 19, 2014, 08:08 AM
http://puu.sh/9Aspf/60bffe7dd5.jpg
-

OH.
Well, I had joined a chinese team by accident before, they were cool people... what the hell happened ? Why did they get IP Banned ? Pardon my not knowing anything >_>

The majority of RMT seller were workshop from China.
The numbers of banned user was in the tens of thousand, until Sega ip-banned the region, then it dropped off to hundred to thousand per month.

Wakaburi
Jun 19, 2014, 08:09 AM
The majority of RMT seller were workshop from China.
The numbers of banned user was in the tens of thousand, until Sega ip-banned the region, then it dropped off to hundred to thousand per month.

Oh... Thanks for the info... well I've never came across any sellers but I am on ship 10 and always at the empty blocks so >_>

WildarmsRE5
Jun 19, 2014, 08:21 AM
those who had active premium sets will likely get 1 day premium tickets. that's how it goes.

and the triboosts for all.s

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 08:23 AM
Now this is interesting:

Most likely dumb speculation (http://jin115.com/archives/52027173.html), but I did think that another publisher whose game that is in desperate need of players has been doing this, and it's refreshing that there is another conclusion jumper out there who thinks the same. However, I don't think that Playgra has ever been linked to DDoS, or other types of offensive "marketing", so it's very unlikely. Still, nice read, since we have a TON of suspects now.

Code-red
Jun 19, 2014, 08:33 AM
well there goes the luther eq listed for today at 10:00 am. unless they plan to change it to a different time.

Daiyousei
Jun 19, 2014, 08:39 AM
Now this is interesting:

Most likely dumb speculation (http://jin115.com/archives/52027173.html), but I did think that another publisher whose game that is in desperate need of players has been doing this, and it's refreshing that there is another conclusion jumper out there who thinks the same. However, I don't think that Playgra has ever been linked to DDoS, or other types of offensive "marketing", so it's very unlikely. Still, nice read, since we have a TON of suspects now.

Microvolts really?

Jazneo
Jun 19, 2014, 08:43 AM
ip ban dont stop hackers only stop there costumers. if you think a hacker care about there account they dont know what a hacker is

Ip ban is a challenge for them

the_importer_
Jun 19, 2014, 09:05 AM
ip ban dont stop hackers only stop there costumers. if you think a hacker care about there account they dont know what a hacker is

Ip ban is a challenge for them

This

Also, as an IT, I know that sometime DDoS means "Someone tripped over a cable"

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 09:11 AM
We had that before, actually, somewhere around the winter of 2012. Sega fixed it much faster back then, and there was no need to pause the PSO2 service.

Sizustar
Jun 19, 2014, 09:12 AM
Another major announcement at 13:00 JST

So see if they can figure out a solution in 2 hour~

gaijin_punch
Jun 19, 2014, 09:12 AM
This

I worked in a very large bank and no shit, a new guy installed anti-virus on a server during trading and rebooted it. How the fuck did he get the job in the first place?!

gaijin_punch
Jun 19, 2014, 09:16 AM

That'd be 14 hours, dude. :(
Gonna read and go to bed. I was pretty productive today and wanted to relax and level a bit. Guess I can always drink.

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 09:16 AM

Don't you mean "in 14 hours"? It's 23:00 in Japan right now... Though, then again, 14 is 2 PM.

Jazneo
Jun 19, 2014, 09:17 AM
the hacker are using Ip id scrambler.

WildarmsRE5
Jun 19, 2014, 09:17 AM
Another major announcement at 01:00 JST

So see if they can figure out a solution in 2 hour~Fixed. :wacko:

reading stuff in JP website, it's 01:00 am.

so yeah, 2 hours.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 19, 2014, 09:19 AM
Oh, is this why I'm getting error 107 when i start the launcher?

WildarmsRE5
Jun 19, 2014, 09:23 AM
Oh, is this why I'm getting error 107 when i start the launcher?we weren't supposed to play, much less open the launcher.

(Idola)
Jun 19, 2014, 09:25 AM
It's actually in 14 hours. It's currently 11:25pm in Japan. This is 1 pm tomorrow, or midnight tonight for EST in the US.

gaijin_punch
Jun 19, 2014, 09:25 AM
Fixed. :wacko:

reading stuff in JP website, it's 01:00 am.

so yeah, 2 hours.

Um.. it clearly states Friday 13:00.

Everyone: go outside (or sleep). You've got half a day at least. ;)

Tes
Jun 19, 2014, 09:29 AM
Feel as lost and bored as I do when there's a powercut

(Idola)
Jun 19, 2014, 09:31 AM
Buying TP Mats 1:1 on Blue Burst...lmao

WildarmsRE5
Jun 19, 2014, 09:31 AM
Um.. it clearly states Friday 13:00.

Everyone: go outside (or sleep). You've got half a day at least. ;)facepalm.

I need sleep, yes, I think I need sleep.

brain overloading.

Noc Codez
Jun 19, 2014, 09:32 AM
This is what Happens when you IP Block SEA and China.. Did they not think they wouldn't retaliate ?

I just hope there actions doesn't affect us. SOJ can just say Fck it and IP Ban anyone not in JP after this.

Lets hope not.

Keyblade59
Jun 19, 2014, 09:33 AM
Good thing I finished MB4 yesterday, well I guess back to the old PSO 1&2....

Pacifista
Jun 19, 2014, 09:34 AM
DDoS seems to be rather popular these days... LOL got attacked too.

And this is annoying... I just finished patching the game and was ready to start playing :(.

(Idola)
Jun 19, 2014, 09:35 AM
This is what Happens when you IP Block SEA and China.. Did they not think they wouldn't retaliate ?

I just hope there actions doesn't affect us. SOJ can just say Fck it and IP Ban anyone not in JP after this.

Lets hope not.

Might be being overly optimistic, but wouldn't that just result in a clusterfuck of more of this?

Although there is that VPN thing I read about that SEA players are/were using once SEA servers went live...

Noc Codez
Jun 19, 2014, 09:40 AM
Might be being overly optimistic, but wouldn't that just result in a clusterfuck of more of this?

Although there is that VPN thing I read about that SEA players are/were using once SEA servers went live...

I really hope not if it continues Sega will have no choice but to IP ban countries outside of Japan.

WildarmsRE5
Jun 19, 2014, 09:41 AM

I just hope their actions doesn't affect us. SOJ can just say Fck it and IP Ban anyone not in JP after this.

Lets hope not.Fixed.

entertain me more.

(Idola)
Jun 19, 2014, 09:45 AM
I really hope not if it continues Sega will have no choice but to IP ban countries outside of Japan.

Right, but I'm saying that if EVERYONE outside of Japan were to get banned, then EVERYONE would want to just DDoS the hell out of the JP servers.

Not EVERYONE obviously, but you know what I mean.

Noc Codez
Jun 19, 2014, 09:48 AM
Right, but I'm saying that if EVERYONE outside of Japan were to get banned, then EVERYONE would want to just DDoS the hell out of the JP servers.

Not EVERYONE obviously, but you know what I mean.

LOL Yea that would be crazy and yea I get what your'e trying to say.

UnLucky
Jun 19, 2014, 10:02 AM
The obvious solution is to ban Japanese IPs

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 19, 2014, 10:16 AM
As a chinese in main land of china, I am pretty not worried about the IP ban.Because I am baned already.

HO HO HO
yea i feel for you
definitely partly for the reason that jpn really hate mainland china peeps right now... for political reasons obviously.
its dumb.

The_Brimada
Jun 19, 2014, 10:16 AM
I guess I picked the wrong day to actually play again. Hadn't played in over a month now. Guess I'll go back to doing other things again.

Wakaburi
Jun 19, 2014, 10:17 AM
The obvious solution is to ban Japanese IPs

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yRhqsNEFdFQ/TpCpf71n8YI/AAAAAAAAAHw/J5JTfm_axfU/s320/This+guy+here+funny.jpg

Maenara
Jun 19, 2014, 10:21 AM
1) Receive DDoS attack
2) Use server logs to trace all offending IPs
3) Now that you have a list of all of all IPs responsible for the DDoS, ban every single person in the general region of each of those IPs instead of just those IPs themselves
4) ????
5) nexon quality server management

UnLucky
Jun 19, 2014, 10:26 AM
If banning every offending connection in a DDoS were at all a reasonable thing to do, it wouldn't even be a problem in the first place.

Wakaburi
Jun 19, 2014, 10:27 AM
1) Receive DDoS attack
2) Use server logs to trace all offending IPs
3) Now that you have a list of all of all IPs responsible for the DDoS, ban every single person in the general region of each of those IPs instead of just those IPs themselves
4) ????
5) nexon quality server management

just banning those IP's wouldn't change anything, unless they find a location ban system, which doesn't ban every single person in that region sure.
right now all they can do is banning everyone, until they find a solution to that, not that they are trying to find a solution I guess.

Ezodagrom
Jun 19, 2014, 10:30 AM
just banning those IP's wouldn't change anything, unless they find a location ban system, which doesn't ban every single person in that region sure.
right now all they can do is banning everyone, until they find a solution to that, not that they are trying to find a solution I guess.
The post you quoted is a joke post, it's mocking what Nexon would probably do in this situation.

Wakaburi
Jun 19, 2014, 10:32 AM
The post you quoted is a joke post, it's mocking what Nexon would probably do in this situation.

OH. pardon my denseness...

UnLucky
Jun 19, 2014, 10:35 AM
But they're totally not suggesting Sega should find the attackers' IP addresses somehow and ban them (and only them), then?

Hm, guess I just read too much into that joke post and thought they said something really dumb.

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2014, 10:52 AM
Nexon just bans random people for fun. They don't need a real reason.

Maenara
Jun 19, 2014, 10:59 AM
The point of the post is A) You need to be really incompetent to simply up and ban every single person that shares one feature with the offender, and B) IP banning doesn't even fix the problem of a DDoS. If it were a DoS, sure, but the extra D(Nobody wants THAT D) makes it impossible to remedy the situation by IP banning.

Nexon, for example, responded to a glitch that allowed duping of gold in Mabinogi, by banning EVERY SINGLE PERSON that had any duped gold. Note, that this includes every perfectly legitimate person who only had the misfortune of giving real money to Nexon so they could sell items to other players, that some dupers decided to sell.

Nearly 3000 accounts were banned. The people who had malicious intentions from the start, and would have been doing bad things even if the glitch never existed? They just made new accounts and kept at it. Others lost years of work(Yes, years, Mabinogi takes multiple real life years to get your character near end-game).

IP bans are easily circumvented. Account bans are circumvented easily if you don't care about losing work on an account, which applies to most hackers who have access to abilties that make getting back everything they lost easy. These are the things every smart MMO company should realize.

Maenara
Jun 19, 2014, 11:00 AM

That is also true.

Cypher_9
Jun 19, 2014, 11:16 AM
Quite the situation we have here - an interesting process; what would the conclusion be. Something like this calls for a person like "L"... I know he can find the root individual behind this~

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 19, 2014, 11:18 AM
Something like this calls for a person like "L"...

please no....
I love deathnote and what not but...
no...

keywen
Jun 19, 2014, 11:19 AM
THANK YOU HACKERS, I CAN NOW STUDY FOR AN EXAM I HAVE TOMORROW! /o/

Zona
Jun 19, 2014, 11:21 AM
HO HO HO
yea i feel for you
definitely partly for the reason that jpn really hate mainland china peeps right now... for political reasons obviously.
its dumb.

I am still not sure the IP baned by SEGA or by GreateWall.Perhaps just like google, facebook or Y2B.

It's a joke that Chinese cared about politics.And a joke too that chinese cared about the fucking Islands.You know, in main land of china, everything belongs to the fucking CCP.It's also very hard to post something about the politics.e.g:If your post a topic which contened a keyword,such as "frog",the the topic should be deleted immediately.

Aeris
Jun 19, 2014, 11:23 AM
No reason my ISP went offline twice last night .-.

ShinMaruku
Jun 19, 2014, 11:27 AM

Nexon also has more money than Sega. :E

TaigaUC
Jun 19, 2014, 11:30 AM
Nexon also has more money than Sega. :E
Probably because being an asshole tends to correlate with being wealthy.

Something like this calls for a person like "L"...
If someone like L existed in reality, you can be sure most governments would either ignore him or try to get rid of him.

Cypher_9
Jun 19, 2014, 11:30 AM
please no....
I love deathnote and what not but...
no...

Okay I will spare you the....

"DELETADA DELETADA DELETADAAAAAA"

... now that I got that out of my system - here are a couple thoughts of what may happen.

As it was mentioned earlier they can improve on the server security - OR they would/ will limit player connections thus making a 'waiting list' while they do their hunt...

ShinMaruku
Jun 19, 2014, 11:34 AM
Probably because being an asshole tends to correlate with being wealthy.

It's more that the average consumer is a fucking idiot than being an asshole.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 19, 2014, 11:50 AM
I am still not sure the IP baned by SEGA or by GreateWall.Perhaps just like google, facebook or Y2B.

It's a joke that Chinese cared about politics.And a joke too that chinese cared about the fucking Islands.You know, in main land of china, everything belongs to the fucking CCP.It's also very hard to post something about the politics.e.g:If your post a topic which contened a keyword,such as "frog",the the topic should be deleted immediately.

LOL but somehow i feel like china cares about the islands because they don't want their dignity to be stolen once again, it's not just for the land, it's for their dignity. You as a mainland chinese should know that many chinese people still hate Japs mainly because JAPS DENY THAT THE RAPE OF NANKING EVER HAPPENED!!! THEY DENY THAT THEY COMMITED GENOCIDE IN WORLD WAR II. you see i typically don't care about politics, but when i see a country blatantly deny that something like the holocaust ever happened, i whip out my chinese side and give them a good slap in the face. Japan still teaches their kids from the text books that "we never invaded china in ww2, we just visited and offered help to the people." OMFG HAHAHAAH WHAT BS!!!!

seriously though,

i can sorta see where all these attackers from china are coming from. considering the amount of political/racial hate between china/japan is so immense.

basically the triangular hate between korea-japan-china is a long established racism before WW2 ever started, and still persists today. It's funny how this hate even reaches a damn video game like PSO2.

PE4CE14
Jun 19, 2014, 12:25 PM
Sorry if this question was already answered I didnt go through all the pages. How long until the severs come back up? or like an estimate?

KiddKon
Jun 19, 2014, 12:30 PM
Damn, I was looking forward to leveling and taking away the pain from Dark Souls II...:(

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 12:30 PM
Sorry if this question was already answered I didnt go through all the pages. How long until the severs come back up? or like an estimate?
Sega will announce something in 10 and a half hours. Until then, we got nothing.

Alenoir
Jun 19, 2014, 12:33 PM

Until whoever's doing the DDoS (http://www.digitalattackmap.com/understanding-ddos/) gets tired/bored of it and stops, really.

PE4CE14
Jun 19, 2014, 12:36 PM
Until whoever's doing the DDoS (http://www.digitalattackmap.com/understanding-ddos/) gets tired/bored of it and stops, really.

so what your saying is sega has absolutely no control over this.

Sega will announce something in 10 and a half hours. Until then, we got nothing.
is it possible that it comes back before then?

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 12:39 PM
DDoS is one of those things that are generally hard to control. Government sites fall to it, what do you expect of a japanese ogame?

PE4CE14
Jun 19, 2014, 12:42 PM
DDoS is one of those things that are generally hard to control. Government sites fall to it, what do you expect of a japanese ogame?

this is the first time ive heard of a ddos. also, on that site above, it says $150 can buy a week long DDOS attack on the black market.

so is that saying like anyone can buy one and then direct it to a website or what
should i read more lol

Sp-24
Jun 19, 2014, 12:52 PM
Sega has ended things like emergency maintenances before their scheduled times in the past, so there is a chance that the game will come back sooner. But, them announcing an announcement on a possibility of the game coming back isn't a very good sign. Basically, we have no hints suggesting that it will be back online any time soon, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

If you want to keep up to date with whatever is going on there, I suggest checking the Player's Site (http://pso2.jp/players/) and Sega's PSO2 Twitter (https://twitter.com/sega_pso2). Even if you don't know japanese, a new post likely means that there has been some sort of a development, which will probably be discussed and blown out of proportion here.

SilkaN
Jun 19, 2014, 12:54 PM

According to other users, the next big announcement will be made at 13:00 JST.
This is roughly 9 hours from now on.

In my case, it will be 5AM in the morning. It's soon 8PM here.
This is no clear sign that the servers will be up again, just the next announcement regarding the matter.

Edit:
Meh, too late. D:

Kilmor
Jun 19, 2014, 01:01 PM
I wonder who could've done it? :D

Lovely community we got here btw. Real newb friendly.

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/lol-laughing/lol053.gif

/sarcasm

Rain Walker
Jun 19, 2014, 01:24 PM
Welp there goes my TAs ;-;

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 19, 2014, 01:30 PM
I wonder who could've done it? :D

Lovely community we got here btw. Real newb friendly.

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/lol-laughing/lol053.gif

/sarcasm

we apologize for all the assholes here on the forums.
If you have any questions, i'll be glad to help. I will not judge you for your gear and neither will i judge based on the way you play, but I am willing to give you some polite advice. its a game after all.

Mystil
Jun 19, 2014, 01:51 PM

The director of PSO2 along time ago said the option to do so will be there if things got out of hand, back when there was more troublesome english players. Of course DDoS can come from anywhere and not exactly mean, time to IP ban the english players.

Zona
Jun 19, 2014, 02:11 PM
LOL but somehow i feel like china cares about the islands because they don't want their dignity to be stolen once again, it's not just for the land, it's for their dignity. You as a mainland chinese should know that many chinese people still hate Japs mainly because JAPS DENY THAT THE RAPE OF NANKING EVER HAPPENED!!! THEY DENY THAT THEY COMMITED GENOCIDE IN WORLD WAR II. you see i typically don't care about politics, but when i see a country blatantly deny that something like the holocaust ever happened, i whip out my chinese side and give them a good slap in the face. Japan still teaches their kids from the text books that "we never invaded china in ww2, we just visited and offered help to the people." OMFG HAHAHAAH WHAT BS!!!!

seriously though,

i can sorta see where all these attackers from china are coming from. considering the amount of political/racial hate between china/japan is so immense.

basically the triangular hate between korea-japan-china is a long established racism before WW2 ever started, and still persists today. It's funny how this hate even reaches a damn video game like PSO2.

Yes,I did know some one hate JPs.Those parents lost in WW2 should hate JPs.And some fools really hate JPs too.But I thinks most of chinese born after 80s are just sometimes consider JPs as a "Joke", not hate them.

The most problem are not caused by JPs, the JP's only fault is caused CCP control the main land.The CCP killed chinese are much more then JPs,not only caused many people deid,but also do a unrepaired damage to the nation.A lot of chinese said that thanks to USA's soldier who killed the son of chair mao, or tody's china is just anther North-Korea.

A few years ago,A JP lost his bicycle in wohan, south of china.A lot of citizens worked all night to find the bicycle back.If they really hate JPs, why they shoud do somthing like that?

As I know, the china gov never asked for these lands before 2010.Until the JPs impound a chinese captain.And then the JPs declared that they want to "buy" the island.I really don't think the china gov have the ability to fight aginst JPs or USA.Just look that the goods which mared "made in china".It's sucks right? The chinese battle ship is some thing like those "made in china" too.And the moden chinese are really hate CCP,if there is a war, the CCP may not smashed by JPs,but smashed by chinese people.I don't think the gov of china not realized these things.So I don't think they have the courage to fight for their dignity.Maybe they just want to try make JPs calm down.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 19, 2014, 02:27 PM
Yes,I did know some one hate JPs.Those parents lost in WW2 should hate JPs.And some fools really hate JPs too.But I thinks most of chinese born after 80s are just sometimes consider JPs as a "Joke", not hate them.

The most problem are not caused by JPs, the JP's only fault is caused CCP control the main land.The CCP killed chinese are much more then JPs,not only caused many people deid,but also do a unrepaired damage to the nation.A lot of chinese said that thanks to USA's soldier who killed the son of chair mao, or tody's china is just anther North-Korea.

A few years ago,A JP lost his bicycle in wohan, south of china.A lot of citizens worked all night to find the bicycle back.If they really hate JPs, why they shoud do somthing like that?

As I know, the china gov never asked for these lands before 2010.Until the JPs impound a chinese captain.And then the JPs declared that they want to "buy" the island.I really don't think the china gov have the ability to fight aginst JPs or USA.Just look that the goods which mared "made in china".It's sucks right? The chinese battle ship is some thing like those "made in china" too.And the moden chinese are really hate CCP,if there is a war, the CCP may not smashed by JPs,but smashed by chinese people.I don't think the gov of china not realized these things.So I don't think they have the courage to fight for their dignity.Maybe they just want to try make JPs calm down.

well yes, i'm close to my grandmother, and my grandmother's parents were both slaughtered by the Japs when she was only 2. she still remembers it to today.
So i personally understand how some Chinese people really hate japanese people (like my parents).
Most American born chinese kids here are actually very embarrassed to be chinese. in fact we are embarrassed to speak in chinese in public even if its with our family. Reason because is that China is sometimes viewed as a joke because:
1) we're communist
2) yes, the hilariously bad quality products we make
3) we basically have no "cool" pop culture of any sort of the youth to be proud of.

its funny because this is only the case for American born chinese, if you meet american born Taiwanese, they are very proud of their culture and proudly speak in mandarin in public.

its a great issue here but we're getting a bit off topic.

Zona
Jun 19, 2014, 02:53 PM
well yes, i'm close to my grandmother, and my grandmother's parents were both slaughtered by the Japs when she was only 2. she still remembers it to today.
So i personally understand how some Chinese people really hate japanese people (like my parents).
Most American born chinese kids here are actually very embarrassed to be chinese. in fact we are embarrassed to speak in chinese in public even if its with our family. Reason because is that China is sometimes viewed as a joke because:
1) we're communist
2) yes, the hilariously bad quality products we make
3) we basically have no "cool" pop culture of any sort of the youth to be proud of.

its funny because this is only the case for American born chinese, if you meet american born Taiwanese, they are very proud of their culture and proudly speak in mandarin in public.

its a great issue here but we're getting a bit off topic.

We getting a bit off topic indeed.We lost our culture in the "Cultural Revolution", and several generation of chinese are not well educationed.That not fixed easily.

But no needs to be embarrassed born as a Chinese.Discrimination happend everywhere.Not only Between American and Chinese, Chinese and Japnese etc, but Also in china main land.Such as consider henan as the home of cheaters, guangdong the home of monkeys, NE-China as home of the bitch or home of the robber.

If you cared about those things,You really have a little time left to live a happy life,right?

Ordy
Jun 19, 2014, 02:54 PM
DDoS explained

http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/34929.jpg

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 19, 2014, 03:02 PM
We getting a bit off topic indeed.We lost our culture in the "Cultural Revolution", and several generation of chinese are not well educationed.That not fixed easily.

But no needs to be embarrassed born as a Chinese.Discrimination happend everywhere.Not only Between American and Chinese, Chinese and Japnese etc, but Also in china main land.Such as consider henan as the home of cheaters, guangdong the home of monkeys, NE-China as home of the bitch or home of the robber.

If you cared about those things,You really have a little time left to live a happy life,right?

talking about discrimination, americans have literally destroyed all asian dignity everywhere. Americans, in the end have a history of oppressing other countries in the name of "foreign help". they are pretty damn imperialist. in fact in history, do you remember the time when china decided to ban OPIUM sale in their boarders and then America/england/every fucking imperialist western nation retaliated like spoiled brats by invading china in order to have their opium to be to be sold again in china.