PDA

View Full Version : On the other hand...

Sanada Yukimura
Jun 21, 2014, 04:59 PM
Apart from the nonsense of the B20 appreciation (which I still don't know why its even a thread) How has everyone Steam Summer Sale been going? I'm pretty much buying everything I see. How have you guys been treating it? Currently Green team is smacking every other team. If you're on green team you won for the day xD.

What have you guys bought recently? Also If anyone has any games they would like to play while the servers are still down, i'm done. I have Borderlands2 Game of the year edition as well as a shit ton of others so let me know^^

GoldenFalcon
Jun 21, 2014, 05:01 PM
I have bought nothing

Gaben DDoS'd PSO2 to get us to notice him

Vintasticvin
Jun 21, 2014, 05:25 PM
I have bought nothing either, laptop cant run most of the games on there and money is on a tight leash this quarter of the month.

Punisher106
Jun 25, 2014, 12:02 PM
I got the Battleblock Theater and Castle Crashers combo pack.

I literally have just a nickel in my steam wallet.

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2014, 12:33 PM
Still waiting for Double Dragon Neon to go on sale.

But no, everyone just had to get Just Cause 2 for $5 yet again and other games that were on sale the day before.

It was also with Strider, another amazing game which hadn't gone on sale yet either.

Misaki Ki
Jun 25, 2014, 12:36 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Misaki_Ki/

Bought a few things, but been holding back this year since I'm having to pay for my school at the moment. I was pleasantly surprised by Call of Juarez: Gunslinger from the quick 30 minutes I played of it.

Also the more people for JC2 Multiplayer the better.

Evangelion X.XX
Jun 25, 2014, 12:47 PM
I bought Metal Gear Rising: ReVengeance for 50% off. It's alright, I guess...

keywen
Jun 25, 2014, 12:48 PM
I picked up all 3 Bioshock games for $15 (total) and both The Witcher games for $5 and $10 respectively. It's about all I wanted out of this sale, still waiting for Far Cry 3 to go on sale though.

apsalari
Jun 25, 2014, 01:34 PM
I bought a 3d scanner.

The Walrus
Jun 25, 2014, 01:36 PM
I picked up all 3 Bioshock games for $15 (total) and both The Witcher games for $5 and $10 respectively. It's about all I wanted out of this sale, still waiting for Far Cry 3 to go on sale though.

It already did

yoshiblue
Jun 25, 2014, 01:36 PM
Fed my nostalgia with games from the past. Didn't think stronghold would stay old school with multiplayer.

Lyrise
Jun 25, 2014, 01:53 PM
Much less than expected. All my money was mostly donated for the stellar speedruns happening over at Summer Games Done Quick 2014 (Live speedrun marathon).

Maenara
Jun 25, 2014, 02:03 PM
I've tripled my game inventory so far.

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2014, 02:32 PM
It already did

Yeah, $7.50 on the first day of the sale.

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2014, 10:27 PM
Nothing outside of two games, since I realized I need every spare dime I can muster to put towards gas until I get paid again. Gotta love them "living wages."

Shinamori
Jun 25, 2014, 10:40 PM
I bought Sonic Transformed racing.

Sizustar
Jun 25, 2014, 10:40 PM
Playing Freedom Wars currently~

Totori
Jun 25, 2014, 10:48 PM
Atelier Rorona Plus <3 <3

Takatsuki
Jun 25, 2014, 11:04 PM
The sale has severely sucked this year. Dailies have almost exclusively been crappy FPS games, zombie games and early access games. They've recycled several dailies/flash/community choice deals on multiple days too.

Plus the community choice voters are idiots and skipped over some seriously good discounts on games that have terrible base discounts (I'm looking at you, Strider and KoF13...).

TaigaUC
Jun 25, 2014, 11:05 PM
Tried to gift a friend Dark Souls several times over the past few days, and it just gives me errors.
Gotta love Steam sales.

mctastee
Jun 26, 2014, 04:46 AM
I have only bought child of light because I literally have at least 100 other games that I have had for years and haven't touched.

SakoHaruo
Jun 26, 2014, 07:03 AM
I bought Metal Gear Rising: ReVengeance for 50% off. It's alright, I guess...

Alright? MGR is pure hype, son. The Rule of Nature don't fuck around.

btw Nanomachines, son. o3o

_______

Me.. I went back to the Skullgirls PC community (although I never left).

Arialle
Jun 26, 2014, 07:24 AM
i bought payday 2, Tomb raider, Mirrors Edge, Saints Row IV .... totally no regrets... not sure for tomb raider yet thou..

already completed mirrors edge and was totally worth it

WildarmsRE5
Jun 26, 2014, 08:54 AM
tomb raider is worth it.

SR III was better buts SR IV wasn't half bad.

meanwhile, I forgot I finished AC V and AC VD within the span of 3 days.

and now touching DW 8.

UnLucky
Jun 26, 2014, 11:58 AM
Sure hope keywen got Farcry 3 when it was on sale again for $7.49 just now.

Unless it's gotta be $5 or it's not a real sale.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 26, 2014, 03:28 PM
Nice the some people have money. I'm broke this year. And all I wanted was the Borderlands 2 GOTY when it was 9.99. >_< I can't buy anything. I did get cards to buy Coudbuilt though.

BIG OLAF
Jun 26, 2014, 03:53 PM
I know, it's driving me absolutely nuts not having a dime to spare at the moment, and seeing all these awesome games on sale.

CelestialBlade
Jun 26, 2014, 04:04 PM
I have money, but the thought of buying a game that I may never end up playing, just because it's on sale, kinda drives me nuts. I can never get into these seasonal sales for that reason.

There's a couple of games that are kind of on my radar, but I have enough of a PS3 backlog to trudge through in the meantime.

Mantiskilla
Jun 26, 2014, 05:55 PM
Havent bought too much honestly. A couple Warframe packs and Papers Please...that's it. I thought I would take more advantage of this sale considering I put a lot of steam credit into my account. I did get Grid Autosport although that just came out so its not on sale. I have a lot of games as it is already so maybe its more of the fact that a lot of the games that are a great value I want to play I already own

Blue-Hawk
Jun 26, 2014, 06:27 PM
Havent bought too much honestly. A couple Warframe packs and Papers Please...that's it. I thought I would take more advantage of this sale considering I put a lot of steam credit into my account. I did get Grid Autosport although that just came out so its not on sale. I have a lot of games as it is already so maybe its more of the fact that a lot of the games that are a great value I want to play I already own

Edit- forget I said anything. sorry to bother anyone.

Outrider
Jun 27, 2014, 12:07 PM
I have money, but the thought of buying a game that I may never end up playing, just because it's on sale, kinda drives me nuts. I can never get into these seasonal sales for that reason.

There's a couple of games that are kind of on my radar, but I have enough of a PS3 backlog to trudge through in the meantime.

Yeah, I mean, I've picked up a couple of super cheap games I've been meaning to play, but the number of games I buy has slowed considerably since I already have so many games I've been meaning to play. It feels good to finally be getting through all these games I've picked up and never finished.

(Of course, part of the reason I have such a big backlog is because I've seen games I wanted to try on sale, so... I've definitely given into that behavior plenty of times in the past.)