PDA

View Full Version : Time Attack Tips

Ordy
Jun 27, 2014, 12:37 PM
I have some RAHU TA related questions.

Sanctum:

1. Vol Dragon
I used to break the tail and SC or HE a WB'ed leg, then after watching a jp TA video, it turns out that a WB'ed wing SC is faster. Indeed, it is, only when Vol spread its wings and doesn't shoot a FU***** fireball on my face.
So, is there some kind of safe spot / safe distance to make him open his wings so I could stick my large cannon in his weak spot *guhehehe* or is it "fuck you, RNG bitches" and try again next time?

2. Goronzoran
4 crystals breaking part: when is the best moment to shoot the SC and make sure to break the 4 in one PA. For some reason, even if I wait for them to start spinning, I happen to miss the last one which is really frustrating (>_<*)

3. The 2 Catadicks
3.1 Something is wrong with them. I want to WB head SC but they always dig into the ground right before the SC. On TA videos, they at least make one or two steps out of the room and die. I'm usually always in a 3/4 or 4/4, could it be that catadicks don't react the same way depending of other party members? Is there a random party aggro, even if I'm the first to land my WB?
3.2 Where do you usually aim your SC, head or floor?

4. Quartz
Ok, that one is easy: I wait for him to stick his nose in the ground, lock head, WB, SC, dead .... BUT sometimes (usually when I fail to one shot the catadicks), I simply don't see the landing animation, so my my autolock grabs the nose, not the head and I have to manually aim my WB/SC. Is it just on my side because of my slow PC/network or has anybody else noticed that too?

5. Dirandal
Best way to kill the A1 Dirandal? GS Aiming Shot vs divine launcher? pro/con? ... Sometimes, when I'm trying to Divine the rider, I accidentally hit the horse/dino or whatever the fuck it is. Tip on where/when to shoot?

Naberius I

1. A1: Best Rock Breaking PA/tool xD

2. A2: I use to kill the 6 center rappies with non-JA'ed DS (strong enough to 1hit them), but it feels kinda slow, anything faster? 2 Cosmos maybe? And no, my ping isn't good enough to double spawn kill with one PA :(

3. A2 < Left side: wolf kills, Launcher or AR? still need to find an efficient combo to clear that part.

Mmhh, I think that's it for now lol, feel free to share your TA experience (ノ^o^)ノ

Bellion
Jun 27, 2014, 12:48 PM
1. As you walk past the point of where you trigger Vol spawn, stop and equip your rifle, wb wing and SC the wing. There is no RNG at this part at all, just how quick you are.

2. Timing may be affected by ping, I don't know. I can get all 4 as I release when they are just about to rotate.

3. Other party members attacking will ruin it. All it is just WB head and SC the head. Tell your party members to not attack. But depending on your distance, it could be head or floor to nuke it.

4. Quartz spawn is pretty much ping+party member related. If someone spawns Quartz on their screen much faster because of their ping, Quartz will spawn idle without crashing into the ground first.

5. If you want to DL, better aim for the dragon chariot's head. AS, just need to improve your aiming on the rider.

1. Rock 1: HE x 2 single shots, Rocks 2 and 3: HE single PA 2 targets and release on rocks
2. Guess try 2 Cluster Bullet at an angle.
3. Launcher either way for VH or SH.
VH: Rodeo onto left one, divine and hope to chain 2 on right. Rodeo past final left one. Rodeo last 2 gulfs and Add Bullet at an angle on the 2 fangulfurs. Or Add Bullet last 2 gulfs and the 2 fangulfurs.
SH: Get into a center and DL the ground as they come to you. Cluster Bullet before the last spawn and then dodge roll into the spawn to trigger them and they'll run into the AoE. Rodeo Drive can get the 2 fangulfurs if you can't chain them because of ping.

Ordy
Jun 28, 2014, 03:09 AM
Going to solo Sanctum a few times to see if I notice a difference with spawns and boss behavior.

Thanks for the NabI tips, I'm sure going to try that cluster roll spawn, sounds fun :D