PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Item rarity

Jace_100
Apr 17, 2003, 12:30 AM
I don't know if this has been suggested before but...

When it comes to rarity and trading rare items I find it hard to gauge what would be considered "A good trade". ST implemented the star system to tell if an item is rare, really rare, or really-really rare but often thats not enough. Heres an example: Is a Yasminkov 5k for a Frozen shooter a good trade? according to the star system the two are on par with each other, you see my dilema. Now, while pondering this problem I was at the Diablo 2 message boards where the forum community has set up a makeshift value system, what they did was they related the quality of an item to its worth in Joshuas stones (i think thats the item, sorry to all the D2 players if i got it wrong).

So I got to thinkging ST has already inadvertently set up the potential for this system with the inclusion of the Photon Drops. We could make up a list of items and there value in photon drops.

Let me give you an example; A Varista would be worth 1 P.drop because it is very common and an item like Bloddy art is worth 5 becasue its common but not nearly as common as a Varista.

I think this would make the trading scene more accesable to noobs and be over-all beneficial to the community. The only problem is I am a lowly 87 force my knowledge of Ragol is limited. Thats why i need the help of the community for suggestions on the quality and value of items then we could compile a list!

If this has been suggested before I'm sorry for wasting everyones time

Vanango
Apr 17, 2003, 01:20 AM
I think it's a good idea but I don't know how well it would work out. Items just have different values to different people.

It might work if we set up a poll where everyone rated items on what their opinion of worth is... it would be a tedious process though...

Muku6
Apr 17, 2003, 01:46 AM
Just trade items for stuff you want. Like was said, each item holds a different value to each person. Just trade items you have for items you really need, even if you need to trade multiple items.

silvermax
Apr 17, 2003, 01:46 AM
On 2003-04-16 22:30, Jace_100 wrote:
Joshuas stones (i think thats the item, sorry to all the D2 players if i got it wrong).

The Stone of Jordan, ring or SOJ
god i hate those things,
but now it seems they are worthless, its all about how many hacked charms you have.. i give up trying to trade with people on that game....

Sparkoma
Apr 17, 2003, 01:51 AM
i dont think that would work because some id's dont get alot of varista's and my redria has got maybe one or two where as my bro's purplemun he got about 6 of them. so it may work but a good idea.

Stalfos333
Apr 17, 2003, 02:38 AM
The system would be incredibly complex. OK, say we have a completely legit sealed J sword. Pretty rare stuff, one would think it'd be worth the same to all sections, save for skyly itself. Lets say...50 P drops. Except that a FoMar has no use for it, and may only want it to trade again. And if a RaCast is trading it, it may fetch an even trade for the less rare Frozen Shooter, just because that's what a Ra needs.

Jace_100
Apr 17, 2003, 03:34 AM
Thanks silvermax, i couldn't remeber the name of it.

On 2003-04-16 23:20, Vanango wrote:
I think it's a good idea but I don't know how well it would work out. Items just have different values to different people.

your right "value" is an inaproprate word...

perhaps "more accurate rarity rating" is more fitting

On 2003-04-17 00:38, Stalfos333 wrote:
The system would be incredibly complex. OK, say we have a completely legit sealed J sword. Pretty rare stuff, one would think it'd be worth the same to all sections, save for skyly itself. Lets say...50 P drops. Except that a FoMar has no use for it, and may only want it to trade again. And if a RaCast is trading it, it may fetch an even trade for the less rare Frozen Shooter, just because that's what a Ra needs.

again, this is because I erroneouslly used the word value. I wish slivermax would help me elaborate this idea.

Depending on how frequently an item drops, if it only drops off an enemy in a certain area, or worse a rare version of an enemy only in a certain area it is considered more rare i am just suggesting a way to more definately rate the rarity of an item.

Its like rating a movie on a scale of 10 instead of just good or bad. If you ask someone about a movie and they say "Its good" it doesn't tell you alot, but if they say "I give it a 7" then you know it was amiable but had some flaws.

I think this could work if we just got enough input

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jace_100 on 2003-04-17 01:36 ]</font>