PDA

View Full Version : Getting pso2 vita to work with a blocked ISP

davenger
Jul 10, 2014, 02:58 PM
alright a simple guide to get pso2 vita to work with a VNP right now,the only requirements are a computer with wifi,and 2 minutes of your time.
1-first start off with installing your vpn of choice on your pc,in this case i will follow through with vpn gate. note that this will not work with pingzapper or wtfast or any other ping related server,
2-once you are done with that head over to http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/ and install virtual router.
3-connect to your vpn and make sure it's working properly
4-now open virtual router,edit network name and password to whatever you want.
5-under shared connection be sure to select the correct network,in vpn gate's case it should be called vpn-vpn adapter.
6-click start virtual connection
7-you should now find a new wifi on your vita with the name you choose earlier,connect to it then check your location on the browser
8-it should show up as japan,if it does then open the game and play,if not you either choose the wrong adapter or something went wrong,in which case i woul be glad to help

Aussei
Jul 10, 2014, 03:53 PM
The Vita says could not connect to access point within the time limit when I try to connect.

Never mind I got it to work by choosing a different IP Address.

Yamishi
Jul 11, 2014, 06:26 PM
Fantastic, thank you!

Chidori
Jul 12, 2014, 09:48 AM
oh nice! ^^

Yamishi
Jul 16, 2014, 10:23 AM
Friend of mine got this working flawlessly, but I'm running the Amazon EC2 method. Anything I can do there?

Chidori
Jul 16, 2014, 10:32 AM
still trying to get this to work ^^;, my crappy computer having trouble getting the vpn to work but once i get passed that it should work fine ^^

Omega88Dragon
Jul 17, 2014, 09:32 AM
Alright I am to part 6. When I click to start the virtual router I get a message saying "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation." And I do not have a clue what needs to be done.

davenger
Jul 17, 2014, 09:51 AM
Friend of mine got this working flawlessly, but I'm running the Amazon EC2 method. Anything I can do there?
you'll want to use proxifier instead of proxycap for mone,and just to know what to use open virtual router before you start whatever it is you use and take note of the adapters available,then after you start your everything up check to see if they changed and if they did choose the new one,otherwise mess around until one works

Alright I am to part 6. When I click to start the virtual router I get a message saying "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation." And I do not have a clue what needs to be done.

not sure how o help you there,i just started this because i was surprised no one used this method,but a quick google search led me to this
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c86d31c0-46c9-4f3f-a540-19cdfff2afbb/the-group-or-resource-is-not-in-the-correct-state-to-perform-the-requested-operation-error?forum=w8itpronetworking
hope it helps if not you might wanna snoop around a bit

Omega88Dragon
Jul 17, 2014, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I looked around a bit more and found the same info. Did what your link said to do and its all working now

Basically need to Make sure your Wireless Network Adapter is on, then in the admin mode command prompt you put in the following:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

That should clear up the issue and be able to start the virtual router no problem. And as another not this also works with the Mypublicwifi program as well if it is not creating the hotspot.

Xelor
Aug 17, 2014, 05:33 AM
Hey, I don't mean to necro a thread but I simply cannot connect to the internet via this method. What happens is that I would test the connection (the virtual router) on the vita, it would only receive an ip address if I set a static one, and it just doesn't want to connect to the internet.

If I don't set a static ip, it won't even receive one and just fail at that step. I felt that I've done all I can to get this to work. The netsh method doesn't seem to be doing anything despite it saying what it should.

batokage
Oct 15, 2014, 01:38 PM
you'll want to use proxifier instead of proxycap for mone,and just to know what to use open virtual router before you start whatever it is you use and take note of the adapters available,then after you start your everything up check to see if they changed and if they did choose the new one,otherwise mess around until one works

I don't follow...when I open virtual router after setting up puTTy and proxifier the only options that come up under shared connections are "none" and "Wi-Fi". How do I make virtual router "see"/gain access to the connection used for the proxy?

I am actively snooping around for an answer but i figured I'd drop a line here too in case anyone can help shorten the quest for an solution :)